main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

* * Evolution or Creation ( Keep it cool ) version 2.0 * *

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by SaberGiiett7, Sep 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender

Ender Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 12, 1998
    Well, I'm sure they'll get use to Charlie. He doesn't say much.

2. cydonia

cydonia Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 6, 2001
    Except "no means NO!"

3. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    What the debate boils down to=
    Blind chance vs Intelligent design.

4. Aurra_Sting

Aurra_Sting Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2002
    What this debate boils down to:
    Those who use above 3rd grade grammar/spelling/punctuation vs. those who do not.

5. cydonia

Jun 6, 2001
    So do we all agree that darwin didn't recount his theory on his deathbed?

6. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I sure hope so.

7. _Darth_Brooks_

_Darth_Brooks_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 27, 2000
    Well, it's nice to see the atheists coming clean for a change. :D

Sarcasm is a poor substitute for real argument.

Perhaps one of you wonderfully educated people will give one example of spontaneous generation scientifically recorded as occuring?

As all natural unharnessed energy is destructive, perhaps you'll explain how it worked to the good in the initiation of the universe?

Please give me one recorded detonation of any type of explosion that resulted in an ordered structure or living organism?

Where has macroevolution ever been observed?

What?s the mechanism for getting new complexity such as new vital organs?

If any of the thousands of vital organs evolved, how could the organism live before getting the vital organ, because without a vital organ, the organism is dead?by definition?

If a reptile?s leg evolved into a bird?s wing, wouldn?t it become a bad leg long before it became a good wing?

How could metamorphosis evolve?

Those shouldn't be too difficult, eh?

8. Saint_of_Killers

Saint_of_Killers Jedi Youngling star 5

Feb 18, 2001
    You know, I could swear most, if not all, of those questions were asked and answered in the last thread. ?[face_plain]

9. _Darth_Brooks_

Sep 27, 2000
    They were asked. In fact, they were asked repeatedly for a direct answer.

Do have the answers?

I have more questions that were never answered either.

10. Force of Nature

Force of Nature Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 1999
    "If a reptile?s leg evolved into a bird?s wing, wouldn?t it become a bad leg long before it became a good wing?"

I know this one's been addressed before, probably because it's such a no-brainer. :p

If an anthropoid's forelegs evolved into arms, wouldn't they become bad legs long before they became good arms? Seen any other anthropoids recently? Seen any that could outrun a cheetah? No, didn't think so. But arms, even not very 'good' arms, have their uses - throwing rocks at the aforementioned cheetah could be one of them ... or grabbing hold of a broken branch and letting it skewer itself on it.

Oh, and getting back to the 'wings' thing ... they may have been useful for gliding; a number of animals that don't have 'wings' do have an otherwise superfluous expanse of skin which serves the same purpose.

KW: Any chance we could have the old thread unlocked? Would it help is I said 'please'? :)

11. filthyitch

filthyitch Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2002
    There goes the neighborhood.

12. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Okay this may sound really dumb but bear with me.How could a Mammel(bird) evolve from a Reptile(Dinosaur)?

13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    The last thread is filled with trouble posts that got it closed. I'd rather keep it closed.

I had also not intended to have this debate start up so soon again.

14. _Darth_Brooks_

Sep 27, 2000
    Force of Nature,

"I know this one's been addressed before, probably because it's such a no-brainer."

Yeah, it's a no brainer. That's why you gave such a 'lame' in regard to the appendages. :D answer. Try again when your synapses are in use. :D

KW, look at how this is going already.

15. Master-Aries

Master-Aries Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2002
    Well in my opinion man is here to further the flora in your digestive tract.

Simply put without it we die, in fact think of the muscular, skeletal and nervous systems as extras in the pursuing of sustenance to increase the survival of the Bacteria in your bowls.

The digestive tract is completely separate from your system; actually one has a big hole inside of you starting from the mouth right down to the anus. Which by the way is made of the same material as you lips.

So we have developed mobility thought and the big financial world to further the existence of bacteria.

Always good to know these things and where we stand in Evolution/Creation.

Sincerely

Master-Aries

16. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Yeah, it's a no brainer. That's why you gave such a 'lame' in regard to the appendages. answer. Try again when your synapses are in use.

KW, look at how this is going already.

How can you tell me "look how this is going already when you write, "That's why you gave such a 'lame' in regard to the appendages. answer. Try again when your synapses are in use."

17. _Darth_Brooks_

Sep 27, 2000
    KW,

I wasn't excluding myself. No feigned victimhood here, I promise.

I don't claim clean hands.

Granted my humor is failing. The "lame" was in referral to the useless appendages being discussed, and the 'synapse' remark in referral to the "no brainer." Very lousy puns, guilty as charged.

18. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    SaberGiiet: Dinosaurs were not exactly reptiles, they were warm blooded. How can they evolve into birds, you ask? I don't know the exact conditions but for some reason they needed to be birds. Yes, there was some awkwardness in that transition from leg to wing. Many specimens have been found with partial "wings".

_Darth_Brooks_: Unfortunately, I am not well educated enough to answer your questions. I am sure most if not all have been previously answered by real scientists. My EDUCATED GUESS is that an evolving animal's body evolves with the vital organ. As the organ beomes more vital, the animal's body depends more on it. Evolution takes a long time, so it's impossible for you to see it happening.

Humans themselves are evolving still. No animal is ever perfectly adapted to its enviroment, so they change a lot. We as a race will look different in a million years. IF we're even here in a million years.

In my opinion, humans are a evolutionary failure. But that's a different topic. ;)

19. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    Well, personally, evolution does sound a little hokey with me and I'm more inclined to believe we are the product of an intelligent design.

Not that evolution is wrong, just that it was guided.

(All of this is IMO, mind you.)

20. cydonia

Jun 6, 2001
    "Sarcasm is a poor substitute for real argument."

It serves a purpose if you have a personality and a sense of humor.

21. Sturm Antilles

Sturm Antilles Former Manager star 6

Jun 22, 2000
    Go to this site for an excellent repository for facts and evidence, and presenting both views in a balanced light.

Just some information I found on it :

Roughly 95% of all scientists adhere to the natural evolution theory.

New Earth Creationists believe that God created the Earth approximately 10,000 years ago. Old Earth Creationists ( which, IMO, have a more reasonable and well-thought out theory ) believe that God created the Earth billions of years ago, but life still evolved naturally.

If one was to follow the New Earth philosophy, you would have to accept that both man and dinosaurs lived on the planet at the same time, which has been proven wrong. ( i.e. fossils of both, on the same layer of rock, have never been found. ) Unless you disengage yourself from the literal meaning of Genesis when it describes God creating the Earth in six days, and think it happened over a longer period of time.

Evolutionists believe that dinosaurs ruled the Earth until about 65 billion years ago, when an asteroid wiped them out. Countless years later, neanderthals and other pre-humans began, which then evolved and branched off into two different species...humans and apes.

22. SifoYodaDyas

SifoYodaDyas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2002
    So do we all agree that darwin didn't recount his theory on his deathbed?

I agree he did not. Or maybe he was delusional on his deathbed.

Okay this may sound really dumb but bear with me.How could a Mammel(bird) evolve from a Reptile(Dinosaur)?

Look at it without verbalizing them. Seperate the word and the image. To observe without word/image is the problem. (don't mean to get too philosophical.)

A few questions for all the pro-creationists: If a "god" created life on earth. 1. What was it's purpose for doing so? 2. Did he create life on earth in one turn? 3. Is this "god" still in the process of creating life or is it finished (a work in progress?)?
    :)

23. ADMIRALSPUZZUM

ADMIRALSPUZZUM Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2002
    No, he's done creating new life from nothing. (Not as far as I know anyway) I'll leave someone else to answer the others, because I myself still have much to learn.

24. SaberGiiett7

Jul 2, 2002
    Yes life was created in "1 turn".7 days.
    The purpose of the creation of people and other life on Earth was so God could acquire companionship.He chose man and gave him the abiltity to chose between sin and following him.So in other words he gave man free will so we would'ent be mindless followers and he could spend his time attempting to redeem us(if we so choose) so would could be with him in heaven.

25. sleazo

sleazo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Why would a god need companionship? Isnt that something that a social animal would need? I wouldnt think a supreme being would need companionship

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.