main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Ewan McGregor Meet Obi-Wan Kenobi"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Oct 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

LOL!!! Obi-Wan vs bike, and bike wins!! I love your descriptions of the Ranch and everything! Amy's open-jaw at meeting Lucas was great, too!

aa :)

2. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Great post! Poor Obi-Wan, a broken wrist and 3 nurse wanna-be's. How much more must the ill-fated padawan suffer? LOL!

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Still very good.

4. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Sithspawn! That end of the post was a garble of stuff. I'll repost it.

?I didn?t know there would be any stunts today, Mr. McGregor,? the ?nurse? said cheerfully as she finished wrapping Obi-Wan?s wrist in bandage. ?We?ll send you to the E.R. when the ambulance gets here.?

?It was unscheduled,? Obi-Wan said dryly.

Amy and the gang were observing the Padawan?s ordeal with faint amusement. She opened her mouth to tease the grouchy Jedi when she heard two people enter the infirmary. Turning, her mouth fell open at the site of the plump and flannelled man, completely missing the tan-suited woman at his side.

The collective gasp that went through the girls was nothing compared to the paling face of George Lucas. The Jedi observed this, and there was an eternal moment of silence before the prim woman stepped forward. She bowed at the waist. ?Welcome, Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi. I?m Snarpi Vedall, and this is George Lucas.?

To Amy?s surprise, George Lucas bowed at the waist, perfectly mimicking the movement of the Jedi. Things were progressing too quickly for her to let any of it sink in. A quick glance at her friends revealed their shared feelings. It sent Amy reeling when George looked straight at her and offered a hand. ?Amy Kasten??

?Yes.? Amy was surprised that he knew precisely which one was her. The handshake was firm on his part, but she feared she was too limp with surprise.

George nodded, including the other two women before turning his attention to Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. ?We have been informed that Master Windu will be arriving within the next two days, but I?m sure you would like an explanation as soon as possible.?

?That would be most appreciative,? Qui-Gon bowed his head.

Obi-Wan nodded his agreement. ?My wrist can wait.?

?I thought you might think that,? George sighed. His arms fell limply at his side. ?Come with me.?

@@@@@@

5. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    @@@@@@

Amy did her best not to goggle at the beautiful home of one of the richest men in America. The Victorian mansion was enormous and beautifully decorated. George led them through a hasty tour, including the glorious library. Amy wanted to sneak back and indulge in the hundreds of rare and common literature volumes.

Presently she found herself seated in a formal dining room, managing to pull her eyes away from the tasteful decorating to the nervous man in flannel. She?d missed what he had been saying, but the enraptured expressions of the others silenced her from inquiring.

? . . . I was a Jedi visionary,? Lucas was saying. ?We?re perhaps the least known form of the Order, and maybe the least respected. The Council doesn?t rely on visionaries anymore, and we?re all but ignored. I saw this enormous vision repeatedly. My inquiries to the Council were all but ignored. The prophecy of the Chosen One has always been thought of as a metaphor, a symbol of perhaps the entire Order. It is partially what the Order is based on?bringing balance to the Force.?

George laced his fingers together, looking up at the intrigued faces staring at him from across the oak table. ?The Force told me how urgent these visions were. I wanted to warn many others, but the Council forbid it. At the time, Master Jinn was training his first Padawan, and we were not acquaintances, but I was aware of his reputation. When the Council discovered my intent of informing Master Jinn and several others of my prophecy?which at the time only included those of Skywalker, Kenobi, Palpatine, and the twins?they were swift to ostracize me. The deal was that I would be allowed to live peacefully on Earth, acting as both an observer of the technology advancement and leaving me to my own means as long as I did not warn others of the visions.

?I couldn?t warn anyone in the Republic, so I took to sending the message through the movie realm. Sarah, here, or Snarp Vedall, was to be my watchdog and report to the Council. It greatly disturbed them to see the babe Obi-Wan Kenobi enter the Temple, proving one of my visions correct. This frightened them even more.

?What I couldn?t understand is why the Council would continue to ignore all of the signs that the Force was giving them. As I made the movies, more and more was revealed to me. The clues to the origin of Anakin Skywalker became even more apparent and I able now able to tell the story. Almost everyday something more is revealed to me.?

A silence filled the room for several minutes before Lucas cleared his throat. ?There is more, but it will have to wait.?

Amy felt her mind reeling with questions as his words swirled around in her mind. What had they stumbled onto?

6. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Indeed! Looks like this is more real than they first thought :) Cool, you handled Lucas well, I could hear him saying all that!

7. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    It's all a conspiracy,
    GL's movie is the key,
    Let's watch it right now
    and find out just how
    Those Jedi are too great to be...

Um, yeah =p... I'm not a poet. Amidolee's rhyming stuff today. And since this story inspires me, I composed another limerick about Obi...

Obi-Wan K is a man.
    One time on his bike he said "Damn!"
    First he fell off
    then started to cough,
    And hit his head hard with a pan.

Thank you, thank you very much. Now I'll return to our feature presentation along with a side video of me hitting my teachers who love giving homework hard in the head with a pan....

8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Hehehe, thank you, MJ! :)

I'd be willing to let you take over with "Poetry Hour"

9. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

*giggle* You really are crazy sometimes, MJ! But here's a limerick that I happened to read today....not SW related, but funny.

See the happy moron
    He doesn't give a damn
    I wish I were a moron,
    My God! Perhaps I am!

There :p

Ami, I am going to work on manipulating an image for you, but I can't start until the weekend (fan art is impossible on a laptop)

10. TheDorkboy

TheDorkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 27, 2000
    Loving the story! Keep it coming!

And AA...that's not a limerick. :)

M. Scott

11. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

You're right, it's not.

*blushes* Isn't the first mistake I've made today, and won't be the last ;)

12. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    We're all crazy =) Let's throw a party!

Guess what?? I'm sick and there's no school today, so that means I can set my sickly mind to work =) More story today =)

AA: Whooohoooo!!! Can't wait! Oh, know what? There's these little optical mini mouses you can get at Radio Shack for laptops. I got one for mine last weekend and it works great =) You can put it wherever you like; on your lap or the table or even the palm of your hand =)

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Chapter Fourteen

While Jedi administrations could have begun the healing process of the fractured bone, George Lucas still insisted that Obi-Wan be taken to the emergency room of the closest hospital. George, Sarah, and Obi-Wan left the ranch, leaving the four visitors a chance to get a feel for the place. Or as Heather put it, ?scope out the secret laboratories and bug the actors?.

?TF.N would go nuts if we let them know all about this place,? Amy said to Annie as the three girls wheeled their bikes around Ewok Lake. ?Maybe we?ll find out who plays Ani??

?And then torture him!? Heather sang.

?Yes!? Amy grinned. ?And know what? I heard that Jedi woman say something about a certain Scottish actor being around . . .?

Annie moaned. ?You?re not going to torture Ewan McGregor, too? Neither Obi-Wans will escape from the wrath of Amidolee!?

Amy cackled and nearly tipped over on the bike. ?Whoops, almost pulled an Obi-Wan!?

?That?s terrible,? Annie giggled. She quieted for a moment, suspicious look crossing her face. ?By the way, I was wondering what all that arguing was about in the dressing room. What was he apologizing for??

?It?s a long story.? Amy let the bike coast into the main building complex. The buildings were impressive, carrying a ranch-style significance without being to flashy. Although she hadn?t seen any horses or animals yet, it still felt like she was on a ranch. ?I wonder where they keep the Death Star??

?Where?s the little teddy bears?? Heather asked, parking her bike beside the rack of identicals. ?And I want to shoot a stormtrooper, too.?

?Where?s the accomplishment in that?? Annie quipped.

The three girls, two blondes and a brunette (the perfect setting for a joke), stood with hands on their hips as they contemplated which building to invade first. Most likely, they?d be asked for ID and some sort of clearance. Trying to explain the actual situation would probably involve a quick dismissal or maybe arrest for insanity.

?We could always go back to the house and check out the library,? Heather suggested. A lover of books, her fingers were itching to snatch a few volumes. Amy and Annie couldn?t have agreed more, despite the temptation of a reconnaissance. They could always play blackmail with Lucas and demand to see and know everything.

The trio turned around and pedaled back to the large mansion, unawares that they had just missed part of the cast for Episode II.

@@@@@@

Obi-Wan scowled at his wrist brace before he forked the delicious pasta meal into his mouth. Sitting around the dinner table, the others were hungrily devouring their own dinners. When they had returned to the ranch, the three girls had been buried in the large library, comfortable and settled with their surroundings. Obi-Wan had wanted to change back into his tunics after the cursed trip, but George had been adamant about keeping their Jedi identities as secret as possible.

Lucas didn?t elaborate further about his situation, nor the Jedi?s. The girls were eating up answered questions about events during the old trilogy, and had then questioned him about the Anakin Skywalker casting, who was present on the ranch, and how soon the movie would be finished. It amazed Obi-Wan that while they were now knowledgeable about the rest of the galaxy and the hazardous future that he may cross, they were still focused on the fabricated versions of the visions.

Amy herself was quite focused on the fact that she was in a very strange situation, and she hoped through a fanatical interview with Lucas that she may discover more information for herself and the Jedi. Plus, it was just plain extraordinary to be getting the juicy information before TF.N got whiff. One look at the other two girls and she knew they were thinking along the same lines.

?I have a question,? Amy said, setting her fork down. ?What?s the deal with bottomless pits? There?s one in every movie, and someone always falls down them. Is it for continuity?s sake or some crazy idea like that, or is

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000

Ewan frowned for a moment. Either George was introducing him to a stunt double, or he was being replaced for the role. It stunned him to think that Lucas would boot him off the role of Kenobi after his dedication in ?Menace?. Of course, it came with the business, but Ewan couldn?t believe it. What had he done? Had he angered Lucas in some way? What was the reason for this?

Amy had expected some sort of reaction from the ?hot? actor, but he just stood there, looking stunned into silence. Somehow, she didn?t think he was taking the news quite the way everyone else had. She looked quickly back at Obi-Wan, whose face was a complete mask of Jedi serenity. Swallowing, she glanced back at Annie and Heather. Annie gave her a slight nod, and Amy knew instantly what the plan was. They needed to break this silence.

?I?m seeing double!? Amy exclaimed in a breathy voice. ?Ewan McGregor and Obi-Wan Kenobi?? With an exaggerated gasp, she flung her hand and head back, pretending to faint as Annie followed her example.

Annie went straight into Obi-Wan?s arms.

Amy went straight backwards, passing right by the confused Scotsman.

?Umph!? Amy hit the floor hard, the wind knocked out of her.

Ewan jumped back. Annie opened an eye slightly, squinting out at the scene. A giddy rush went through her, and she almost laughed. How nice! Falling into Obi-Wan Kenobi?s arms was Amy?s dream, and yet she had been caught by the Padawan and Amy was sprawled on the floor. Hilarious! Amy would probably attack her in a jealous rage and Obi-Wan would have to protect her!

That picture sent giggles through Annie. Obi-Wan could only shake his head as he helped her stand. ?Women.?

?You make the word sound funny, too,? Annie said.

Obi-Wan only shrugged and turned towards where his look-alike was trying to grab Amy?s attention.

Amy stared dazedly into a pair of eyes that she had only fantasized about. //Too bad he?s married// she thought absently. The back of her head hurt and her vision swam. The disappointment of realizing she would wake up and discover that this whole ordeal was only a dream seemed to steady the picture. She closed her eyes, willing the dream to last. Heather would laugh at her when she heard about this! To think that Star Wars was real!

?Hey,? that dreamy Scottish lilt drifted to her ears. ?Are you okay??

//Even when I?m *dreaming* it sounds wonderful// she thought.

?Hey!? Ewan called, trying to get a response of the dazed girl.

?Amy!? the other blonde called. ?There won?t be any CPR or mouth-to-mouth unless you stop breathing.?

//That?s a good idea// Wait. What was *Heather* doing in her fantasy dream? That just was allowed. Amy frowned and then blinked. When the picture didn?t change, she became aware of others standing around her. And then *two* almost identical faces appeared in her vision.

?Amy?? Obi-Wan asked. ?Are you okay??

?Yeah,? she managed to moan. ?Peachy.?

?You need help up?? Ewan asked, offering a hand.

//Oh, by the good Lord!// It was almost enough to send Amy back into her dazed state as the two Obi-Wans helped her up. //Maybe it *was* worth hitting the floor for// she thought gleefully.

Her head swam and she waved slightly like a twig in the breeze. Obi-Wan quickly grabbed her elbow . . . no, that was Ewan . . . or was it Obi-Wan? //The one with the beard is Ewan, silly// Okay, so BOTH were trying to keep her from falling. Amy smiled slyly. Maybe she *should* fall again.

?Don?t even think it,? Obi-Wan whispered, giving her elbow a warning pinch. ?By the way,? he added. ?Those were interesting thoughts you were projecting.?

Amy colored and refused to look at either men. She didn?t want to take a swing at Obi-Wan and mistake him for Ewan.

Annie and Heather were grinning widely. ?Only this could happen to us,? Heather said firmly.

?*You*?? Obi-Wan asked balefully.

?I really wish I had my camera,? Heather sighed wistfully, eyes darting between the two actors. ?Who ever thought there would b

15. p_stotts

p_stotts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 21, 2001
    Oh man! You gotta post more soon! This is just too good!

16. Knight_Maria

Knight_Maria Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2001
    AHHHHH!!!! *grin*

If I was there...I would have fainted. *sigh*
    Two Obi-Wan's would be just TOO much!!!

MORE!!!!!!

And I hope you feel better...as long as we still get posts regularly!!! :p

17. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    I'm gonna sit here ALL day. (Except during lunch.) Just waiting for more posts. *grin* yes, I know how pathetic that sounds, but this story is just sooooo... cool!!!

So...you gonna give me a post soon? :D

18. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    waaiittiinnnngg...

*sigh*

still no new post.

Guess I'll just have to sit here some more.

19. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    I have so been waiting for that line!!!!
    "Ewan McGregor Meet Obi-Wan Kenobi"!!!!
    LOL

20. Obigwang-Canblomi

Obigwang-Canblomi Jedi Youngling

Jan 18, 2001
    C'mon, don't leave us hanging right at the point of tension!

*boot to the thread*

21. Knight_Maria

Jan 4, 2001
    AHHHH!!!!! That post wasn't there before...and now it is! The Force is keeping things from me. Grrr...

MORE???

22. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

A laptop mouse?! Yay! That would be awesome! I'll be home tomorrow night and work on cali/obi :)

Those were awesome posts!! Amy was hilarious, falling over the two of them! Obi-Wan picking up on her thoughts was great. And Lucas explaining the 'bottomless pit' to them...lol...he sounded just as uncomprehensible as he always is ;)

23. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    Oh good! I thought I was the only one who was staring at the screen going "HUH???" when GL was explaining the bottomless pit thing.

I finally got caught up Amidolee! This thread is hilarious. The meeting of the Ewan and Obi-Wan was just great!

24. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    WOW!!!! I missed sooooo many new and spectacular posts!!!!!! AHHHHH!!!!!

That was absolutely *hysterical* as always! I am just bouncing up and down with excitement! *squeal* We've all been looking forward to the 'meeting' since the start of this fic, and I can't wait for the rest of it. I was surprised and really delighted that George didn't try to explain away Obi-wan as a stunt double, but actually just told Ewan! Cool! :D

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    K, this is the last post. And yes, there will be a sequel definitely!

@@@@@

?Daddy!? Clara shrieked, running for the familiar figure, leaving her mother in her wake. She skidded to a halt, staring in confusion. ?Daddy??

Ewan quickly scooped his daughter into his arms, counting himself lucky he didn?t drop her in his dazed state. Eve gave him a quick kiss, her then brows furrowing as she saw the disturbed look in her husband?s eyes. ?What?s wrong??

As Ewan explained what he had learned, Obi-Wan and Lucas had their heads bowed together, plotting something with the woman called Heather. Whatever they were planning was beyond him, and frankly, he didn?t really want to know more than he did. Not until he could grasp the situation at least. And he wouldn?t mind being away from . . . dare he say? . . . Obi-Wan Kenobi . . . for awhile.

@@@@@

The TV was droning on a political talk show in which Alex had no interest. He stared bleakly, not hearing the Republicans complain about the Democrats and the latter skirt the issue. Amy was a Republican, Alex thought glumly. It was days after he had yelled at her over the phone, and he had no clue as to her whereabouts. Calling Heather had proved unsuccessful as her mother explained that she had left with Amy for California. What had possessed his ex to travel across the state was beyond him, but he was more than sure that she was with that guy.

Alex?s unshaven jaw tightened in anger. There was a reason he had broken up with Amy. She?d both cheated and lied to him. She had made up possibly the most unbelievable alibi that anyone possibly could. What did she expect him to do?

The phone rang. Alex grumbled and picked up the cordless phone. ?Hello??

There was a slight pause. ?Is this Alex Gallow??

?Yes,? Alex replied, frowning and sitting up a bit straighter.

?This is George Lucas. I was wondering if you would like to visit my ranch tomorrow.?

?Is this some sort of joke?? Alex asked. Yeah, right, this was George Lucas!

?No joke, Alex. Heather and Amy are already here and would like you to join them.?

Alex glanced at his empty bottle of Dr. Pepper, squinting to see if perhaps he might have consumed alcohol instead. ?I don?t understand, sir.?

?I have already reserved you a first class ticket tomorrow at 7:00 A.M.?

At precisely 7:10, Alex found him seated in the spacious first class seating, eating a surprisingly edible breakfast and sipping orange juice. Only a few hours later, he was being greeted by Heather and a shorter girl at the airport, along with the man that had been with Amy at the mall. There was no sign of her anywhere.

?Alex!? Heather greeted cheerfully. ?You?re not going to believe what your girlfriend got us into!?

Alex didn?t bother to correct the girl?s statement, but smiled wryly. ?How many guesses do I get??

?I?ll save you the trouble.? Heather waved her hand at the man at her side. It was then that Alex truly looked at him, and his eyebrows shot up as the blonde continued. ?This is Obi-Wan Kenobi. And this is Annie, or MJ.?

?Hi,? Annie smiled.

Alex gave her a slight nod. ?So . . . it?s true?? he asked Heather.

Heather grinned, more talkative than he had ever remembered. It was usually Amy who was busy babbling, but Heather was looking to press the record.

@@@@@

Amy cracked her knuckles and uncrossed her legs before overlapping her ankles. She watched as George Lucas sat down in his executive chair across the big redwood desk. He smiled reassuringly at her and folded his hands together, elbows resting on the desk. ?I hear you?re a writer,? he began.

?Um, not officially. It?s an obsessive passion, yes. Mostly just writing fan fic.?

?Are you planning on becoming a professional writer??

?Yes.? Amy frowned, wondering what he was so interested in. She could always hope that it meant he would want her as a writer, but that was more than doubtful.

?And??

?I?m not published yet,? Amy shrugged. ?I?m so used to writing Star Wars stuff and torturi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.