main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Ewan McGregor Meet Obi-Wan Kenobi"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Oct 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Ewan will be coming in, patience. This is sort of complicated, and JMMJ's contributing as well :)

Sorry, RL had me in it's clutches for the night, but I'm free now. Homework's evil, and I had a big project that had the house packed with people.

Anyway.

@@@@

Night was a welcomed time, as Obi-Wan felt a little more at ease. Hiding in allies and back-lots had proven both tiresome and grimy. He didn?t have to hide in corners, but he didn?t wander from the alley he?d chosen. The settlement appeared to be a small, substantial city. Every-so-often, a cop-car would patrol the street, but he could sense no intensity in danger.

He was hungry, and the enticing scents wafting from the near-by restaurants was becoming pure torture. Still, he was cautious of wandering the streets. Apparently his usually blended attire was more hazardous than running around naked. The idea brought a wry smile from Obi-Wan.

?Meow.?

Obi-Wan gave a startled yelp, his blood running cold as the innocent-looking creature coiled itself around his legs. He knew what felines sounded like, and he wasn?t particularly fond of them either. ?Get away,? he hissed, stepping around the calico kitten. It probably had fleas.

?Meow.? Gold eyes glittered, begging silently for attention. Obi-Wan scowled, not trusting the sweet look. Oh, yes, he knew cats. They were sithly little creatures that women seemed to adore. ?No. I have no food. Go away.?

?Meow??

Obi-Wan swore softly. He wasn?t mean enough to actually kick the tiny creature. No creature (unless it was a mynock or rancor) deserved to be bruised or abused. But he couldn?t bring himself to pet it either.

Obi-Wan sat himself on the broken piece of furniture, which had been abandoned in the alley. The cat followed him, jumping onto his lap, purring, placing her paws on his chest and rubbing her soft head under his chin. With a disgusted sigh, Obi-Wan obliged to the demand. Why were females so attracted to him?

@@@@@

Night was descending over the flat landscape. Qui-Gon had been walking the entire afternoon and dusk. He?d reached the road, which was of pavement and practically un-used, minus the rare rush of a car flying by. Silently, he recalled what had been told to him a few years after taking Obi-Wan as his Padawan. It was on of the few secrets he had kept from Obi-Wan, and he hoped that the Force would show mercy and protect the boy from what this world would offer him.

Another car roared by, honking but not pausing to help him.

2. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    *grrr* We'll get you next time Darth RL and your little cat too!

Wonderful post, Amidolee! When is JMMJ going to add stuff?

3. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    We're working on it. She's busy, too. Had a post, but it didn't quite work out.

I could put everything completely off until we get her post worked out.

4. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Put off??!!! What!!! Nooooooooo!!!!!!! I was just curious! Please don't deactivate me! (wait that's 3PO's line)

5. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    This is delicious! Keep it coming!

6. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, I've got posts waiting. I'm just stopping my writing (a chapter ahead of what's posted) while I wait for JMMJ. She's going to have an intro post, then her part in the plot will be coming in. Ewan and more will be coming soon, too. Things are still be set into place.

Slowly, Amy dragged herself out of bed. The warm shower did nothing to ease her mood. A day had been wasted, and now she had to work this morning until three in the afternoon. Over a bowl of Lucky Charms, she mulled over her unfinished novel. Although she didn?t have a deadline (for no one even knew there was an Amy Kasten out there trying to write some epic novel), but it was still important to finish it and have it submitted to the publishers before the next term began.

Amy picked through the healthy bits of the cereal, enduring their wholesome nutrients, saving every marshmallow for last. By the time she had finished her breakfast, she was in a slightly more cheerful mood.

The drive through Asbury towards the quaint little shopping center was soothing enough. She cranked up the volume, thumbing the wheel of the car as Green Day set her in a proper mood for the day. The gray interior smelled faintly of horse, her riding helmet, boots, and breeches piled in the back. She?d have to remember to call Leslie and schedule another ride this week. The best part of going to college in Kentucky was the horses. She?d actually been to Churchill Downs in Louisville for Derby Day a few weeks ago, dragging Heather along as well. They?d never saw a horse that day, being packed in the infield, but it had been a blast nonetheless.

If Amy hadn?t been zoning out with Green Day, she might have heard yet another announcement over the radio for a young man, John Doe, who had escaped from the station?s black-out last night. Or the amusing fact he claimed to be none other than a fabricated character developed by George Lucas.

?Good morning,? Amy greeted Barbara, the store manager, as she entered the Walden Books store.

?Morning, Amy,? Barbara smiled from behind her glasses. She was a woman in her fifties, hair as white as Amy?s grandmother, but with a friendly manner. ?How?s the book coming??

?Don?t ask,? Amy muttered, pocketing her keys and pulling out her name-tag. Only two others were in the store, Bobby and Phyllis. Both were high-school students on their first summer job. ?What?s the scoop today??

?New shipment came in,? Barbara said, her manicured, red nails clicking away at the ancient computer. ?Oh, the JA series is in.?

?Goody,? Amy grinned. ?You know I only got this job so I could have first dibs, right??

Barbara laughed, and Amy hurried across the empty store to the back room. She wasn?t the only adult trying to get their hands on the young reader series Jedi Apprentice. They were wonderful books, and it seemed that just as many older ?kids? bashfully placed the thin books on the counter and mumbled an excuse that it was for a younger brother/sister or their cousin.

Getting a fresh shipment was always a delight. There was nothing like opening a box to the smell of new books. Their covers were perfect and shining, and she was the first to see them and stock the shelves. It was like a precious privilege, and perhaps a little greedy to beat anyone to the knew books.

Soon, Amy was absorbed into her second-favorite world. Already she had a stack of books she would purchase with the help of her Employee Discount, and then she was in the store, which was now open, and stacking the books. Phyllis was struggling with the ladder leading to the high shelves, and Bobby was working the register.

Weekends were always a bit of a hassle, and Amy had a short lunch-break before taking her turn at the register. By the time 3:00 rolled around, she was thankful to the apartment.

She had a quick Nutty Bar snack, changed into a pair of shorts and a T-shirt (Your village called. Their idiot is missing) and was logging on to the JC. Since she had no story in-progress at the given moment, she turned on her

7. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
  8. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    If anyone hasn't noticed, my dilema with the novel is representing my horrible block in "Evolution" :)

9. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    JMMJ, is your PM working, or has it gone sithly again???

10. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    >But maybe it would be better done in a cleaner environment>

Ha! So instead of *cleaning* the apartment she leaves it! I love it!
    Ya know, working for a bookstore does sound good, so many beautiful books, I must have them all!

11. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, I've got one bit from MJ back, so things will begin to fall into place. :)

12. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Yeah! Yeah! *tosses confetti*
    Thank you JMMJ!

13. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Heehee! That's me with the JA books! The lady at Walden knows me by name now, and puts 'em aside for me...so I can pay in...you know...secret! lol! ;)

MORE MORE MORE!!

aa :D

14. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    LOL! AA that's a great setup you've got there. Too bad the stores where I live are run by Siths. They rarely have the books and their computers don't believe they exist!

Amidolee, you are posting so much so fast its making my head swim. And its a delightful sensation!

15. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    I actually cut my hair like Obi's for last Halloween. Braid, pony-tail and all. Now it looks like the Episode II Obi's hair. :D So Guess who I'm gonna be for Halloween!?! Well, for part of it, then I'll be Mystique from X-men. :D

More???

16. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    Lol!
    Ok,i want more! ;)

17. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    up! that was good... when will Amy run into Obi-Wan? And where's Qui-Gon? can't wait for more!

--Mr. P

18. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Qui-gon is in the middle of no where, but Obi-wan is in a town. So, I'm guessing our heroine will meet braidboy first! I love this story!

19. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    UP!!!
    Need...more!!! :D

20. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    JMMJ and I are both going to busy this weekend, so the rate of posts is going to be really slow compared to usual. But here's a little bit to keep you all happy.

Mystique? Wouldn't that be a bit cold?

21. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    is this a year before or after TPM? i thought you said before, but then people wouldn't know about the braid, would they?

I thought there was gonna be more!
    :)

22. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    LOL!
    uh, I agree, Mystique would be cold, so I'm gonna be the comic Mystique. She wears a dress. :D
    MORE!!

23. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    How come I haven't seen that thread before???!!! Yeepee! Another Obi torture fic! :-þ That's really good Ami, keep up the great work!

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'll clarify it one more time. It's May of 2000 on Earth, but in the rest of the galaxy, it's a year before TPM. Obi's 24.

25. Tenel'Ka

Apr 5, 2000
    MORE PLEASE!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.