main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Ewan McGregor Meet Obi-Wan Kenobi"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Oct 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Dammit. I had a post up, but I looked through this page, and it's not bloody there!! So I'll re-post it.

Food . . . need food . . .

The desperate plead of his stomach motivated Obi-Wan. He had kept to fairly non-crowded areas of the city, the cat on his heels. Kitty, having no better name, had kept him company. Well, she?d refused to leave his lap, digging her claws painfully into his thigh when he tried to remove her.

So, he and Kitty had set out in search of food and explanations. He?d applied the Force to the minds as he?d passed by, implying he was not some stranger walking around in foreign clothing. Kitty had demanded to be carried a few times, but usually she?d followed at his heels, pausing for nature calls or sniffing out a garbage can. Obi-Wan rather enjoyed her company, feeling lost on this strange planet.

Obi-Wan reached what looked to be a university campus of some sort. A grassy square of yard was surrounded by brick buildings and quiet streets. Only a few young humans wandered the sidewalks. Perhaps there were classes in session, or a term had ended. Or maybe it wasn?t a campus at all. Either way, it?s peaceful setting may provide some cover and food.

Kitty darted across the street, spotting something in a tree. Obi-Wan crossed the street, surprised how quiet this small city was. He?d only seen a couple police cars that morning. Had they given up their search? Especially after last night. He?d almost been caught, and had been forced to draw his lightsaber in defense. It?d shocked the police enough for a quick escape. He?d been surprised to find Kitty joining him in the re-location process. Maybe they thought he?d skipped town.

@@@@@

?Now this is interesting.?

Keith Mathem glanced up from his computer terminal, rubbing his eyes as his associate, Denise, frowned at her own terminal. ?What?s interesting? Another UFO sighting by a drunk??

?Yes and no. Yesterday, three objects entered our atmosphere.? Denise pushed her glasses up her nose. ?Burned up apparently. We couldn?t track them, beings how the government only reserves enough money for us to cover three-percent of space. Just out of Russia?s satellite scope.?

?Meteorites,? Keith shrugged.

?Maybe. But NASA?s excited. It?ll be Armageddon all-over again. Or Y2K striking late.?

?Hell, if word gets out those Trekkies will be excited.?

Denise smiled. ?Beam me up, Scotty.?

2. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    I just caught up with the story. WOW!!!!

UP!!!

3. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Ya know...why do they always go for Star *TREK* first? GRRR!!! I sure hope Obi doesn't get himself kidnapped by the freaks at NASA!!! ;)

aa :D

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Cuz Star Wars is just a movie trilogy and books, while Star Trek has this whole series thing going for them. personally, I prefer Star Wars, although my mom is a Trekkie.

5. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    My mom calls me a Trekie, ven though I like Star Wars WAY more than Star Trek. She says they're the "same thing."
    Yah, Right.
    Or she calls me Star Warsie. I think that hrase is VERY annoying. :p

Good part, but it could have been WAY...longer!

More???
    Please?
    See, I asked nicely!

6. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Star Wars beats Trek any day. Loved the post, but did you have to *stop* right there! We are waiting to see Obi meet a SW fanatic!

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Kay, kay.

?Blast it,? Amy muttered under her breath. She?d ended up reading and finishing her JA book instead of writing the novel. Now, the lap-top rested on her lap, and the Word Processor screen glared brightly, daring her to type. Perhaps she?d just return to her apartment and log on to the JC she?d feel better.

Someone walked by, going unnoticed to her brooding. Chewing on her lip and cracking her knuckles some more, she decided to simply write the word ?the? and see where it took her. Taking a deep breath, she carefully typed ?t-h-e? and pressed the space bar.

Nothing.

?Sithspawn.?

?Meow??

Amy glanced up, smiling as the calico kitten jumped onto the bench, her wet nose pushing at her hand. She scratched the kitten?s chin, thankful for another delay. The pretty animal plopped herself atop the JA book, purring deeply. Perhaps she could sneak the kitten home. Both she and Heather loved cats. Sometimes, she believed Heather WAS a cat.

?Excuse me, Miss,? a cultured voice inquired, startling Amy.

She looked up, startling again. Then she blinked repeatedly. //My Sith, it can?t be!// Maybe she was getting a little stressed-out, because now she was hallucinating. Dreaming of Jedi Padawans were one thing, but seeing them in the day time? ?Yes?? she managed to get out. Quickly, she thought about fainting. What on Earth was Ewan McGregor doing in Asbury? Wasn?t the filming of Episode II beginning soon?

No, this wasn?t Ewan, but almost a twin. There was a small mole on the right cheek, but none on the forehead. And whomever this fan-boy was, he was wonderfully fit and she was dying to know where he?d gotten that robe.

?Is this your cat??

?No. She just hopped up here.? Wow, this guy was definitely the tops of the fans. He even had an accent and voice that would compete with Mr. McGregor?s impression of the Jedi Padawan. The likeness was uncanny, but then again, her little brother had the same mole and face structure as Ewan, so it wasn?t so remarkable.

After a moment, she continued. ?By the way, I absolutely LOVE your Jedi costume! Where?d you get it??

The Fan-boy gave her a startled look. ?It?s not a costume.? His look was guarded, and he spoke with some hesitation, that wonderful accent lilting.

Amy smiled. ?Don?t tell me you?re so obsessed you like wearing five layers of tunics in the summer??

More confusion flickered across those expressive eyes.

?Who?re you?? Amy asked after a moment, suddenly uneasy. The kitten was licking her hand, wanting more attention.

He hesitated, ?Obi-Wan Kenobi.?

Amy burst into laughter, the laptop almost toppling to the ground. He snatched it up before it was broken and set it on the bench. ?Oh, that?s a good one! You may look like him, and have an awesome costume, but sheesh! No, dear, you?re REAL name.?

?Why does everyone keep saying that?? Sincere confusion furrowed his brow.

Amy choked back more giggles. What a remarkable actor! She was almost convinced Ewan McGregor was talking to her, but that was as ridiculous as Anakin?s lines in the last movie. ?Come on, stop the games. What?s your name? I don?t remember seeing you around here.?

He frowned. ?You haven?t heard the radio??

?Huh? No, not for a few days. I?ve been out of it. Why? Bill Clinton sell us to China??

Another confused look. ?Um . . . nevermind. How do you know of me??

?I don?t.?

?Obi-Wan, I mean.?

//This guy?s a little whacked// Amy thought. ?Oh, duh. If you?re all up in that get-up, you should know all about Star Wars. Sith, everyone does. Not a single American, unless they live in a hole, doesn?t know who Obi-Wan Kenobi is. Or Yoda, or Luke, or Darth Vader??

?What?s this Star Wars??

Amy was now truly perplexed. It was like a conversation with some of the jocks in the frat house when she and Alex had a normal conversation. Pursing her lips, she snapped her laptop shut and picked up her book, tucking them under her arm. ?This is going to be a long talk. Listen, Fan-Boy, I?m a Star Wars gee

8. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Heehee! Nice first meeting! Now, how does one go about proving they are from a GFFA? ;)

aa :D

9. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    Lightsaber maybe?

10. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    ROTFL! Oh, Ami, we knew you were twisted! Poor Obi, heck, poor EWAN! I'm sure he thinks we're nuts as it is...

('Course, if OW had landed in LA, DC, or NY, no one would bat an eyelash; they'd just assume he was from some weird far-off place in Asia somewhere and ignore him).

11. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    THAT'S what I was waiting for! And it looks like things will just keep getting better and better!

12. Toga_Sith

Toga_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    Sith, I'm sick again. Stupid friggin' doctors don't know anything, I swear! Medicine seems to have quit working on me. I'll try to get more posts up for you all, but I'm so tired, and I finally got some archives done tonight. Lost chapter 15 on Embers, though, due to some sithly Y2K (or something) glitch on my disk. So now I have to go and dig Embers up and dig around for that chapter. :-(

Sorry, I'm getting cranky. Just when I thought I'd get something done on Evolution, too!

13. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    oops

Toga was logged on, and I forgot to log out. She used it last :*)

14. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Interesting, so you Amidolee are 15 and Toga_Sith is one hundred and fifiteen?!! How'd she get away with that!

15. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    yup. Toga's in my grade, too! It's the Riberside education (Riverside, inside joke. Our school actually MISSPELLED their own name on certificates).

Toga's constantly beating me with her cane, her teeth clicking as she screams, "Ya yon' whippersnapper!"

16. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    BWWHAHAHAHA!!! *thunk* (Julie falls on the floor)

17. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Sith, sith, sith! I'm so exhausted and I can't keep my eyes open, but I can't sleep either. :-( I'm acting like Amy later on in the story! That's not a GOOD thing, either!

:) I'll just re-read Obi-Wan going crazy after he watches the movies. JMMJ knows what I mean. She knows everything I have written ::insert evil grin here:: We should just sit here all weekend and gloat!!!!

BWHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh, dear, I think I have a fever. Half of the Sabrina story was written while I was sick, along with the plot behind this story! I REALLY hope George doesn't read this (like he has the time) cuz he'd march over here (ha! don't know my address! and I've changed my name!) and erase everything! I can't wait to get to him when he finds out the very Jedi he screws with are after him!!! :-D

Yup, Ami's going insane. Toga's a bad influence ;-)

18. Toga_Sith

Toga_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    Toga proceeds to whack Amidolee on the head.

*WHACK*

*snicker* Quote from Obi-Wan: Cool.

A Jedi crazes this not.

WHACK!

19. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Y'all are loony, but if loonyness is required to produce such a great story then I want to be loony, too!

Hey, this thread is nearly 100 posts long. Do you think we can keep praising it long enough to reach that tonight? :)

20. Senator Lorena

Senator Lorena Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 21, 2000
    Shoot! We ran short of 100 last night.

?This is going to be a long talk. Listen, Fan-Boy, I?m a Star Wars geek, too. I?d love to talk to someone who is more troubled than I am.?

Hee! Hee!

I love how you handled Amy and Obi's meeting.

21. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    Poor Obi-Wan. LOL!!! He is in for a surprise. :)

22. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    >almost convinced Ewan McGregor was talking to her, but that was as ridiculous as Anakin?s lines in the last movie<
    and
    >Bill Clinton sell us to China?? <

I love Amy's quirks and come backs!

23. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    up! that was great! "I'd love to talk to someone who is more troubled than I am." Really, really good. What is Obi gonna do when he sees Qui-Gon die? Or is Amy going to figure out that this is really Obi-Wan, and try to make the continuity not fall apart? I can't wait to find out!

POST MORE...

--Mr. P

24. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    >She?d ended up reading and finishing her JA book instead <

Oooooo, will Obi notice his face on the cover when Amy gathers up her stuff?

25. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    *Amidolee drags herself out of bed*

Hey.

This story actually has some inside jokes in it, but you guys seem to like them! I'm Republician, so the Clinton and Al Bore jokes will probably still be in there.

*yawn*
    I'm trying to wake up. I'll have a post up in a few minutes. This story has a much more complicated plot than I'm use to, so it will take time for some things to fall into place. Many things you have asked about will come up soon. There will be more of Qui-Gon and JMMJ coming up, too! She'll be entering into the plot within the next few chapters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.