main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Ewan McGregor Meet Obi-Wan Kenobi"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Oct 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    All right! A post soon? I'll be right here waiting! (I'm a Republican, too, and I'm looking forward to the pres. election this year.)

Congrats on your thread reaching 100 posts!

2. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Obi-Wan shook the proffered hand, feeling both relieved and a bit uneasy. Amy didn?t seem in the least bit threaten, her short height making him feel incredibly tall. **So, this is what it?s like to be Qui-Gon** The strange words and names she?d thrown at him were a flying flock of mynocks. What was frightening was the casualness in the way she spoke of the Jedi and Master Yoda.

Obi-Wan was now beginning to believe there was some big conspiracy against him.

Kitty glared at them, unhappy she was forgotten. After a moment of showing her feline side, she hopped down from the bench, pawing at Obi-Wan?s feet.

?She seems to think you?re her owner,? Amy said, grinning as the kitten clawed at the brown robe, climbing steadily up. Obi-Wan frowned, scooping to pick her up before the robe could be further damaged.

?It?s a stray that followed me around last night,? Obi-Wan said. He expected Amy to make the connection of the fugitive on the loose and him, but there wasn?t any alarm?even if she clearly thought he was mad. That was obvious by the raised eyebrows, wide blue eyes, the occasional shake of her blonde head.

?You?re just putting up this act so you don?t have to tell me about your wonderful costume,? Amy said, shifting her gear to the other hip.

?It?s not a costume,? Obi-Wan said, almost resigned to accept the fact he was the one dressed oddly. Rather, it was ?her- that was wearing the costume. Black shirt with white lettering, and that blue material cut short at the thigh. It was the oddest dress-code he had yet to see on a planet. To avoid staring, he scratched the top of Kitty?s head.

?Well, I?ll show you ?my- Jedi robe. It?s not as realistic as yours, but I like it. Anyway, I?m going to get your real name out, and you?re going to tell me where to get those boots.?

There was nothing else for Obi-Wan to do but follow. Especially since a police car had just pulled onto the block.

3. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    *snicker* Amy can't help but have a crush on him. Poor Obi won't know what hit him! Thank you bunches for the post!

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'll have longer posts next. I'm just trying to work on my sithly site right now.

5. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Great. Have to go eat, and my step sis gets the computer for college homework :-( Don't know when I'll get back on again.

6. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    *sigh* That was wonderful! Man, if only Obi-Wan could actually be real, and come to our planet. :D That would be heaven. But I must warn you, if I stumbled across him first, I would keep him ALL for myself, and not tell anyone. *evil laugh*

Great post! I love Obi's confusion! It's really funny. :D

MORE!!!

7. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    that was great! more!

--Mr. P

8. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

That was great ( as always with this story!) Now, where in the world is Qui-Gon? :)

aa :D

9. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    More,pleeease! :D

10. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
  11. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Hehehe! Awesome job, Amidolee! I really like knowing these posts in advance... :taunts people: and then rereading them, they just are funnier every time!

Yes, I will write here, as soon as I stop procrastinating and and doing way too much stuff. ((Oops, did I just say procrastinating?? Didn't mean that.)) It's weird to have lots of expectation for this, though... =) I really enjoy this story, and thinking of stuff for it is awesome (writing will be too!). Can't wait - -just had to say that I'm really honored to be working on this with the Official Queen Of Sabe And Obi. =D

Hope you feel better soon, Ami!

12. EMPRESS

EMPRESS Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jul 10, 2000
    Amidolee, you're Republican? Oh well, nobody's perfect.....

Great story! It's so funny! Can't wait for more!

13. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    Please post more Amidolee! This is sooo good!

14. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Sorry, guys. I've been horribly sick again, and we discovered why. The doctor gave me the wrong medicine and it's been messing with my heart rate :-( And I dragged myself to a party, but had to go home because it didn't exactly help my health.

Anyway, thanks for being patient. More of Qui-Gon will be coming. He's just walking around Illinois somewhere. JMMJ's going to cover him.

Oaky, on with the posts

?Hey, Joe! Look what the Asbury PD sent us!? Fred shouted across the crowded office of ?Real TV?. He waved a video-tape in his left hand.

?What this?? Joe asked, shoving the rest of the glazed donut into his mouth.

?Something for those space-geeks out there.? Fred popped the tape into the VCR. ?It?s police chase. Just last night. Some guy tried to bail out of a crime by claiming to be that Obi-Wan guy from Star Wars. Costume and all. Anyway, they caught him, and??

Fred paused as the video showed three police cars surrounding a rapidly moving shadow at the edge of a small city in Kentucky. The usual ?Hands up? and ?Freeze? were shouted. When the criminal didn?t pause, someone opened fire. There was a blue flash of light, straight as a sword blade.

?What the hell?? Joe swore. ?Are they making new toys now, too??

?Beats me. Gave heads up to Lucasfilm. Haven?t heard much yet. Guy got away. Anyway, we?re going to air it for the show.?

@@@@@

It occurred to Amy as she unlocked the door that perhaps she wasn?t a sensible person. Maybe the overwhelming joy of finding someone that could get hold of such a costume was clouding her common sense. Inviting a perfect stranger into her apartment (with a cat) was something only idiots did. And she was already getting the sense that whomever this man was, he was very confused or an excellent actor.

Well, it wasn?t Ewan McGregor, but pretty damn close. She estimated Fan-Boy was in his mid-twenties, but there was a certain maturity and hardness that spoke of a life already hard-lived. Fan-Boy didn?t say much, but she sensed he had been quite uneasy until they had been safely inside the building.

//Maybe this wasn?t such a good idea// she thought as she opened the door. What if he was a murderer? Or a rapist? Heather wasn?t home, but surely someone was on this floor and would hear her. Still, her stomach fluttered nervously, and as she stepped into the empty apartment, her eyes were scanning. Good. Now obvious weapons, and she had no gun or sharp knives.

Fan-Boy hesitated, the kitten?s eyes glittering as she leapt to the floor, ready to search the place out.

?Oh, come in!? Amy said impatiently. If he was going to kill her, might as well get it over with, right? Unconsciously, she placed herself between him and the knife drawer. Fan-Boy just stood patiently, eyes taking everything in with one quick glance. The kitten was long gone now. ?So . . .? Amy bit her lip, wondering what ?now-. Maybe she should offer him a bag of chips, and see if she couldn?t trick him into giving away his true name, or the whereabouts of this costume store. ?Do you want a snack? Or something to drink. I?ve got some Doritos and Pepsi.?

Fan-Boy gave her a blank look. ?Pardon??

?Doritos. Snack. Food. Eat.?

?If it is no trouble.?

Amy gave him a quizzical look. Surely he wasn?t such a die-hard that he had developed the extremes of being a polite Jedi? Even ?she- wasn?t chivalrous and dignified. She turned for a quick moment to grabbed the opened bag of Cooler Ranch Doritos from the cupboard and two cans of Pepsi from the fridge. He hadn?t moved, just merely eyed the junk food with another blank look.

Another twinge of uneasiness went through her. Slowly, she popped the tab of her can and took a drink, then grabbed a few chips herself. Killers probably didn?t like to eat before killing. Wouldn?t want an upset stomach . . . Her hand moved towards the cordless phone, prepared to dial 911.

With a manner of precision and learning, Fan-Boy opened the can and took a few chips. He eyed it curiously, then t

15. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    BWHAHAHAH!!! Oh, I shouldn't have read this while eating. I'm still trying to get bits of doughnut out of my lungs. I love it, Amidolee! I'm sorry you are sick. Can you sue that doctor?

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm not the type to sue.

17. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Oh Sith!!! Amy better be ready to watch her houseguest FREAK out! heeheeheeheehee!!!

The doritos and pepsi thing was hilarious!!

aa :D

18. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    You are too sweet, Amidolee. :) I'm sure the doctor is very sorry.

I loved Obi's reaction to Pepsi! Is Amy going to keep working at her computer and miss the looks on Obi-wan's face as he watches the movie?

19. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    LOL! I wonder what his reaction to the end of TPM's gonna be?

20. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    Haha!! Great! Loved the pepsi bit. And it's right... Obi-Wan can't read english... can't wait for the next post!! What's Obi-Wan going to do when he sees Qui-Gon die?

--Mr. P, who can't wait

21. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Yup, this is good. I'm relieved to hear QJ is in Illinois; I've been picturing him stranded in the middle of Nebraska somewhere...

--Renata

22. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Yes, Illinois is a relief. I was imagining one of the 10,000 acre farms out on the open praire! (Most of my family lives out west.)

So, when will JMMJ be posting, hmmm? I like to be ready and waiting so I can read the instant the next great post shows up!

23. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Blak. I feel blak. It's a new word. Spread it around. Blak.

JMMJ will post when she has one ready, so be patient.

Here's a bit of a post.

Obi-Wan studied the screen and box, the books forgotten as the movie started. The Trade Federation? Blockading some planet? Of course, this had to be like the holo-vids, purely fictional. Instantly, he recognized the design of the Republic shuttle, little details jumping out. The edges of the screen revealed two hooded Jedi, and this was nothing monumental until the taller spoke.

?Captain.?

The simple line startled Obi-Wan. It sounded like Qui-Gon! Of course, he was merely overreacting. His pulse had slowed, and he was aware that Amy was also watching him closely, when the Jedi removed their hoods.

?I have a bad feeling about this.?

WHAT THE HELL? Obi-Wan could only stare. It was him and Qui-Gon, practically mirror images. It was his voice, the calculated words. Qui-Gon?s reprimand, Obi-Wan?s small argument, his Master?s rebuke, the dutiful ?Yes, Master? . . .

His eyes were frozen to the screen, and his body went numb. No, he was seeing things. It was just a movie with two actors that were extremely . . . it was a coincidence. Just because the names were right, the clothing, the subtle expressions . . .

When the scene switched to the Trade Federation Viceroy, and some exotic Queen, Obi-Wan was slowly able to collect himself. Cautiously, he trailed his eyes to Amy, whom was watching him with a befuddled look, her datapad forgotten.

?See? It?s a movie. Fake,? she said in a careful, soothing tone that suggested she thought him insane. ?You?re not Obi-Wan Kenobi. He isn?t real. Just some character to get GL a little more money. You may LOOK like Ewan McGregor and stolen his costume, but you?re not a Jedi. Jedi aren?t real, just as the Force isn?t.?

Was she trying to tell him HE wasn?t real? How could she say the Force wasn?t? Who was this Ewan character? Who was GL?

?Is it their nature to make us wait this long??

?No, I sense an unusual amount of fear for something as trivial as this trade negotiation.?

Obi-Wan?s head began to hurt.

24. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Amy couldn?t stop staring. This Ewan-look-alike was clearly shocked by the movie, and wasn?t believing what he was seeing. He would mutter and shake his head, once or twice nearly leaping out of his tunic and robes. She was beginning to believe there was no acting involved, only pure terror and confusion. She wondered how he would deal with Qui-Gon?s death, the Council, and finally being sliced by his apprentice.

It wasn?t until they were on Tatooine when Fan-Boy spoke. ?Sith, they even have his detours down. What the hell is going on??

?It?s in the script. They have to go find the future Vader-Evil-Guy, and your sweet Master will dump him on you, so you get blamed for everything?? she stopped herself. ?I mean, Obi-Wan?s Master. Ewan?s character. Ewan is an actor being paid to play this FICTIONAL character of Obi-Wan Kenobi.? Again, she was talking in a slow, careful voice, emphasizing each word.

He shook his head. ?I don?t know what this is.?

?It?s a MOVIE!?

Two blue eyes pierced into her own, and Amy drew back slightly. He jumped up, pacing in front of the TV, his eyes glued to it again. ?No. This isn?t right. Where are you getting all of this? How did they get my name? Master?s name? Yoda?s??

The frantic pacing was making Amy nervous. She reached for the phone, ready to scream for help or dial. ?You need to calm down. You?re NOT Obi-Wan Kenobi. It?s impossible. There is no such thing as any of what you?re seeing. These characters are fake. Jar Jar is a computer animation.?

?Thank the Force for that!?

Amy suppressed a frustrated cry. She had a crazy on her hands, and she wasn?t licensed to deal with it. ?JUST BLOODY SIT AND WATCH THE DAMN MOVIE!?

25. Healer Apprentice Lina

Healer Apprentice Lina Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2000
    AHAHAAAA!!!
    Oh!!! Ooo....*wipes eyes*

That was hilarious! Oh man, I'm dying on the floor!
    The last line was just so perfect!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.