main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Ewan McGregor Meet Obi-Wan Kenobi"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Oct 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Oh, THAT WAS GREAT!!! ROTFL!!!! Thank you so very much for posting more even though you are sick! Blak is a very good way to describe being sick. I hope you get well soon!

2. Dark_Soldier

Dark_Soldier Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    *LOL*
    This is soooooo funny!!!
    Post more soon!

3. KADI-WAN_KENOBI

KADI-WAN_KENOBI Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2000
    LOL!!!!!!!!

THAT WAS GREAT!

I can see Obi-Wan reacting to the movie like that.
    POST SOON!

4. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    that was great! I also could see Obi-Wan being like that, watching TPM. Also, it was good how you made sure that everything worked from each POV, like Obi-Wan thinking a laptop is a 'datapad'. Can't wait for the next post!

--Mr. P

5. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    Okay, here's a bit more.

Obi-Wan stared, taken aback by the shrill scream. Great. Now he was stuck with some psychotic, whom was messing successfully with his mind. Calmly, he sat himself down on the couch. He drew upon the Force, needing it?s help to digest what he was seeing. He had been in a fairly calm state of mind (however difficult it were) up until the scene in the hangar. Suddenly, he was absorbed, his instincts taking him through each movement, silently correcting and adjusting each wrong move, apprehension causing his brow to sweat as he watched himself and Qui-Gon fight the Sith Lord.

Even his denial of the Jedi Council scene was lost.

Then everything fell apart. He saw his own anger, felt it rush through him. Qui-Gon collapsed, and Obi-Wan leapt to his feet, lightsaber activated, prepared to destroy this damned movie or whatever it was.

?No don?t!? Amy shrieked.

Obi-Wan paused in mid-swing, reality shattering around him. Or was it reality? Was he dreaming? Had he been captured on a mission and brain-washed? Was this some new form of torture? Very clever and elaborate, he had to give credit.

The blood drained from his arms and face. The scene switched to the army of ridiculous creatures. Obi-Wan inhaled sharply, stepping away from the TV, as Amy called it, and turned to the frightened girl.

?What is going on?? he demanded in a low voice.

?Qui-Gon isn?t really dead. It?s acting,? Amy said in a small voice, clearly frightened by his rampage. ?You . . . you need to ?sit-. It?s only fake. A movie.? She hesitated, ?and you need help.?

It was a relief when the movie was over. Obi-Wan couldn?t help but feel betrayed by Qui-Gon in the movie, but he reminded himself it was fake.

But if it were fake, then what did that make him? He was pretty darn sure he knew who he was.

But what if he really WASN?T Obi-Wan Kenobi? What if he was someone mentally ill who only thought this, truly believed it? What was the Force? Was it real? Did he IMAGINE everything? Was it some sort of illusion he had created for himself?

His head began to pound, and he massaged his temples, trying to slow his racing emotions and thoughts. He started to call on the Force?but what if that was only his imagination as well?

Suddenly, nothing was real and everything was a hoax, an illusion. He couldn?t trust what he was seeing, thinking, feeling.

Something soft brushed against his arm, and Obi-Wan opened his eyes to find Kitty staring inquisitively at him. He exhaled slowly, petting the cat as she arched her back. Kitty had to be real, right? Or was she an illusion, too? Was everything an illusion? Was he living some sort of lie?

Was he a criminal on the run, a fugitive? Had he committed something so horrible he had to create this entire life for himself to feel safe?

Obi-Wan?s entire body went cold.

?Are . . . are you okay?? Amy asked tentatively.

?Drink. I need something to drink,? Obi-Wan answered. A moment later Amy presented him with a glass of water, and he drank thirstily. He drained it, every last drop.

Amy had set several items out for him. The books, with their illustrated covers. He stared, seeing a younger version of himself across the thinner ones. Tiny modules of Master Yoda, Adi Gallia, and himself? were laid out, along with an R2 droid and a girl. There was another figure of an elder Jedi with short white hair and a beard. Three lightsabers rested beside the items. One was long and of a thick, silver plastoid material. It was light and looked harmless. The other two lightsabers were frightfully familiar. His and Qui-Gons. Thicker and fraud.

?What are these?? Obi-Wan asked in a soft voice, not trusting himself or anything.

Amy picked the replica of his up. ?Toys. This one is Obi-Wan?s.? Amy picked it up and stepped away, flicking her wrist. A blue, plastoid blade slashed out. ?It?s just plastic, and doesn?t hurt. Darth Maul?s blades are shorter.?

?The Sith from the movie.?

?Right. Qui-Gon?s handle is closer

6. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    I guess Amy was so shocked at his reaction that she didn't realize that Obi-wan activated a real lightsaber? Sweet girl, she is more concerned with this cute stranger's wellbeing than the bizarre things he does. ;-)

Thank you for another superb post, Amidolee!

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Things will start to connect for her soon. She's still wandering around in the space of "Star Wars isn't real". :)

Guess what? I'm going to eat. Haven't been able to swallow all day, but I'm going to sure try. Been trying to catch up on the USJS, too.

8. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    why is she thinking that it isn't real? wouldn't she be thinking that it was right now, just because she wants it to be?
    or maybe that's just me...
    :)

9. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    The last post was from Obi-Wan's POV, so we wouldn't know what Amy is thinking until I post from her POV.

10. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    poor Obi-Wan....
    Anyway, great post!

11. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Great posts! Obi's reaction was much different from what I thought it would be! I like how you have him questioning himself, and the force..! Very good!!! I do hope you feel better soon! :)

aa :D

12. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Wow. I just got caught up, and Man, that was cool! Poor Obi-Wan, he is so confused! And where is Qui-Gon? You're doing a Great job!

More please!!! (I'm Canadian, that explains the politeness. ;P)

13. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    Thsi is really good. I thought I'd tell you about it here, it's appropriate. My sister was told that if she got a Queen Amidala costume, she'd be the perfect Star Wars Freak. She said it was a complement. Now, back to the story, please!

14. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Hey, everyone, if you're wondering where Qui is or when I'm going to post - - yell at me, not at Ami... it's my fault for being a slow writer and a procrastinator. So feel welcome to nag me, but Ami can't do much about my slowness, so no use blaming her. =)

And Ami, you're doing a wonderful job. Keep it up!

15. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Okay...

JMMJ! YOU BETTER POST!!! heh heh...I'm really no good at this whole nagging thing. But the idea of Qui-Gon roaming around in IL (my state!) has me more than a little curious! ;)

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Well, anyone that reads "Evolution" should actually THANK JMMJ on her procrastinating ;-p I'm sick again (I swear it's this mysterious throat disease and no one has a clue what it is!) and couldn't really write this weekend being dizzy and all. But I'm home today until I go in to a new doctor. I'm not too dizzy, so I'm doing some writing on Evolution. ::shock:: I'll be posting there in a bit.

Here, too.

17. Toga_Sith

Toga_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    Okay, here's the first Ewan post. I'm a little nervous about posting with real people in it (besides me and JMMJ) but I don't exactly have his phone number handy. :-( Anyway, I'm not wealthy so suing me would be pointless, Mr. McGregor. This is just what I picked up from interviews and articles about our Ob-Ewan Kenobi. Please don't hurt me!

Chapter Four

Ewan McGregor yawned as he poured himself a bowl of Rice Krispies. Not the most elaborate breakfast, but it had been left out from Clara?s breakfast. In the next room, the TV could be heard, along with Clara?s giggles. Pouring himself some milk, he sat down and took a spoonful of the rather tasteless cereal. Faintly, he could hear his wife, Eve, enter the other room, speaking to Clara in French. He really ought to make more of an effort to learn the other language.

Absently, he scratched the shadow of a beard he had been ordered to grow for the next Star Wars film. A boyish thrill raced through him as he swallowed the chewed cereal. Even after the chaos of ?Phantom?, he couldn?t shake the childhood enthusiasm. Sure, Uncle Dennis wasn?t that impressed, and sure, he?d had since the beginning of filming for the first movie to become accustomed to his position, but the fact still remained: he was in STAR WARS!

He couldn?t wait to get his hands on another lightsaber. Eve had caught him once or twice twirling any cylindrical object around; a broom, Clara?s diaper powder (that had been awhile ago), the cooking spray, phone, and even a coat hangar.

They had arrived at Skywalker Ranch two days ago, and today would begin the screenings for the part of Anakin Skywalker. Of course, Ewan would be in the thick of it. Screenings really weren?t anything to worry about, his role was secured (and couldn?t stop the slight note of pride rise in his chest). Eve and Clara would easily find something to amuse themselves with. George had been busy, only able to exchange a few words with his Obi-Wan Kenobi before rushing off on another project. The atmosphere for this film was already electric, but very secretive. Ewan wasn?t even going to see a trace of the script, and he?d been informed it wasn?t quite complete yet.

?Dada!? Clara shrieked from the other room, startling Ewan from his musings.

?Ewan!? Eve echoed, her voice sharp and clear.

Clara was giggling, but his wife didn?t sound very amused. Quickly, he shoved another spoonful of soggy cereal in his mouth and entered the living room of George Lucas sprawling house, if one would modestly call it that. Clara was bouncing on the floor, clearly excited by whatever program was on the telly. Eve was staring as well.

?What?? he asked through a mouthful of breakfast.

Eve?s lovely face was scrunched in a slight scowl. ?Did you get into any trouble last night with your friends? And what new toys are they letting you play with??

**What the bloody hell?** Ewan followed her gaze to the telly, eyes widening in disbelief. It was footage from some patrol car. He started to smile, wondering who the clever bloke was to fashion such a device when Lucasfilm was using metal rods and special effects. Then the screen flicked. Two photos blared back at him.

Rice Krispies went flying.

?Suspect that was previously arrested was identified as Scottish actor Ewan McGregor, whom claimed to be Obi-Wan Kenobi,? an unknown reporter said in dubbed. ?McGregor was arrested for trespassing and refusal to show ID, among other accounts, but during a power-out, escaped . . .?

?You made a mess,? Clara said, sticking her tongue out at the soggy Krispies scattered at her father?s feet.

?What the ***k?? Ewan sputtered, staring at the mugshots of himself. No, it wasn?t him, but an uncanny similarity. Who was running around in Jedi clothing and that hair-cut, impersonating him?

Clara gasped, and Eve shook her head.

?Daddy didn?t say ***k,? Ewan said quickly, trying to save himself, but still trying to catch what was being shown on TV, and what the reporter was saying.

?Yes you did!? Clara

18. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    "Everyone would have a good laugh about this." Yeah, really. Great post!!

--Mr. P

19. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Oh, that was soooooo good. At least now Ewan is a little prepared for the craziness to come. Great work, Amidolee and I hope you get well soon!

20. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

That was funny! I ususally find it hard to read 'actor fic' but that was really good! :)

21. Angel_of_Naboo

Angel_of_Naboo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2000
    ooooooh... this is very very interesting...

22. Dark_Soldier

Aug 17, 2000
    ... very, very interresting... :)
    Keep this up!

23. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Meanwhile, Anakin's Angel has been driving slowly up & down the back roads of IL, hoping to pick up tall, strangely-dressed hitchhikers...

;-)

--Renata

24. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Yes, I'd like to do that too! But Ami and JMMJ didn't drop the Jedi in Florida. Wahh! ;-D

25. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    And Tenel'Ka has been trying to buy a plane ticket to go down to Amy's place to see Obi-Wan!!! ;P

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.