main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Ewan McGregor Meet Obi-Wan Kenobi"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Amidolee, Oct 17, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amidolee

Amidolee Jedi Master star 5

Jan 8, 2000
    I'm upping this. Silly me!

2. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Ya, its a bit quiet tonight. My story has only recieved one nibble. :)

But anyway, its great to see you posting MJ! When will Qui-gon reenter the picture?

3. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Great post JMMJ!!! I can relate to your computer troubles...my old 486 took about 1 minute to whir and churn before finally deciding to open ANYTHING!! lol

You both write so descriptively! It is like being right there!!

aa :D

4. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    There'll be a bit of a pause on Qui-Gon, but his and JMMJ's part will be coming into play. And NO this is not some elaborate way to put myself in a mushy situation with Obi-Wan ((gasps of disbelief))

@@@@

Something wet brushed against her face, nudging her insistently, a low purr grumbling in its throat. She ignored it, but that only motivated the thing more.

//E.T.? But I kept my door shut. Did he fall asleep under the bed and I didn?t see him? When did I get to Dad?s?// The thoughts floated through Amy?s head as she slowly opened her eyes. The sweet, tiny face of a calico kitten greeted her; not the fat, gray face of her father?s Persian/mix breed cat E.T. Further confused, she lifted her head, finding herself fully dressed in her room. Her apartment. She didn?t have a cat. What was this kitten doing here? Had Heather brought home a stray?

?Meow??

Amy just shook her head, trying to clear the fog of sleep. Yawning, she sat up and wondered why she hadn?t changed into pajamas. After a moment, she dragged herself out of bed and grabbed her bathrobe. A good shower was what she needed. She felt so disgusting in yesterday?s clothes.

The kitten pawed at the door, yowling softly. What on Earth was it doing here? The land-lord would kill her. Amy moved to open the door, but it was locked.

Why would she lock her bedroom door?

?Something is smegged,? Amy muttered, unlocking the door and freeing the kitten. It pattered down the carpeted hall, rushing for the kitchen. It would probably stain the carpet. It was too early in the morning to mess with such things.

Or was it?

Then she became aware of another presence. One could always tell when another was in a room, or an appliance?like a TV or computer?was on. Had Heather come home earlier than anticipated?

Her empty stomach fluttered nervously. Swiftly and silently, she slipped into the bathroom, grabbing the broke towel rack as a weapon. There was definitely someone in the apartment. As she crept down the hall, dropping her robe and gripping the rod in a white-knuckled grip. Gradually, she was in view of the living room. A silent squeak escaped her mouth as she gapped.

There was a strange man sitting on her couch and watching an old episode of Full House.

The kitten hopped onto the couch, purring as she perched herself beside the man?s spiky head. He had a strange ponytail in the back. The kitten was suddenly attracted, mesmerized by something Amy couldn?t quite see. A splayed paw reached out, batting at a thin object. The man leaned his head away, which only pique the kitten?s interest.

She pounced.
    He jumped.

Amy screamed and threw the rod.

5. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    *bursts out laughing* Amy! Why are you throwing things at your true love!

I love it! Shows the true brand of craziness - - thinking yourself crazy after the craziness...

Thanks for the comments, everyone! I feel so honored!

6. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    LOL!!!! I don't function too well when I wake in the morning either! HAHAHAHA!!!

7. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Oh, he's not Amy's true love . . . he's MINE! hehehe

I *should* have Obi get a concussion! Wouldn't that shake things up a bit?

8. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

Mmmhmm, right..you just want to be the one to comfort his rod injury! ;) And the description of him sitting on the couch and watching Full House was hilarious! heehee! If nothing makes him hate earth..that will! ;P

aa:D

9. Toga_Sith

Toga_Sith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2000
    Amidolee just wants to kiss his owie and make it all better (then she'll beat him again).

10. Jedi TeuTONIC

Jedi TeuTONIC Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 1999
    Funny stuff!! Keep it coming. I absolutely love it!

11. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    SAME HERE!!! *grin*

12. Mr. P

Mr. P FanFic Archive Editor, Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 1, 2000
    i agree

13. Jedi Master Mara Jade

Jedi Master Mara Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Just uppers till Ami's computer stops being sithly and she can post again...

14. Tenel'Ka

Tenel'Ka Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2000
    Hope that's soon! :D
    I would LOVE to have Obi-Wan sleeping on MY couch. *sigh*

15. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000

heehee! I second that! :)

16. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Gracious me, computers are the sith! I think Y2K attacked my computer last night. JMMJ and I were chatting and all of this funky stuff happened. It was beeping and all sorts of things, un-logging, opening windows that had somthing to do with an AOL sight that I had NEVER been to and ever clicked the link. *sigh*

Anyway. Here's a post. There's a T-storm headed our way, but hopefully it will be nice and grace upper Iowa and not us (even if we DO need the rain). :)

Obi-Wan had been engrossed in the program, trying to understand the humor it the show. The audience had laughed quite frequently, but he had been at a loss. He?d been hoping to further understand this culture and maybe find a clue to Qui-Gon?s whereabouts. Kitty had suddenly appeared, and he?d forgotten how his braid seemed to be a toy to any female.

The scream had surprised him, and the Force warned him of the flying object a second before it sliced his throat. It soared harmlessly over his head, banging against the wall.

?Get OUT!? Amy shouted, her voice shrill with fear. Obi-Wan saw her reach for another object, one of the plastoid lightsabers. It was his, and generally wouldn?t hurt, but judging by her previous throw he didn?t want to take a chance.

?Amy! It?s Obi-Wan!?

Amy, arm coiled for a hard throw, paused. He could practically see the wheels slowly turning in her mind, the sheer terror changing to relief, then to confusion, then finally winding down to a bit more sensible state. ?Oh.? Amy slowly lowered her arm, and Obi-Wan sighed in relief.

?I didn?t mean to frighten you,? Obi-Wan said after a moment.

?Yeah . . .? Amy gave him a lopsided smile. ?Sorry about the whole rod thing.?

?You missed,? Obi-Wan shrugged. She gave him a sour look. Kitty, no longer frightened, was already coiling herself around his ankles. ?That mechanism over there,? he said, pointing to the rectangular box sitting by the large comlink. ?Has picked up two messages. From an Alex, and a very upset woman. Barbara, I believe it was.?

Amy?s eyes went wide. ?Sith! I have to work today! What time is it? Oh, duh, you wouldn?t know.? The blonde tripped over Kitty as she dashed towards another box with digits spread across it?s front. ?Ten! Freezing hells! I had to work at eight!?

Obi-Wan watched, bemused but also experiencing a twinge of guilt. It was because of ?him- that she was late. ?Perhaps if I explained to this Barbara??

?No!? Amy cried, already dialing up the comlink. ?She?d never believe me, or you. And would probably call the cops. I?d be sent to prison as well, for harboring a fugitive.? She placed the com to her ear, a palm facing out towards Obi-Wan as she began to talk. ?Barbara, please . . . Barbara! I?m sorry I didn?t call in . . . I?m afraid I?ve got the flu . . . yes, pretty bad . . . I?ll make it up, I swear . . . Yes, I know it?s busy today, but I really can?t . . . thanks for understanding. Bye.? She settled the comlink on it?s cradle, just staring at it for a long moment before turning to look at Obi-Wan. ?You said Alex called??

It was a hopeful question, but there was a distinctive dread in her voice that often depicted that this ?Alex? was perhaps a boyfriend, or a close relation. ?Yes. An Alex called.?

?Could you . . . go watch some cartoons on the TV?? Amy asked, biting her lip.

?Of course,? Obi-Wan said, trying not to smile. With a gracious bow he returned to Full House, trying to understand why everyone was laughing.

17. Toga_Sith

Oct 4, 2000
    Toga strolls onto the thread, throws a cream pie at Amidolee, walks off.

:)

18. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Please read this: http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1186870&replies=3

19. Amidolee

Jan 8, 2000
    Gracious, I'm upping this again. Where is everyone?

20. Anakin's Angel

May 3, 2000
    If he's watching full house, he'll never figure out why anyone's laughing! heehee

21. jedipati

jedipati Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 12, 2000
    Anyone notice something odd about the boards today? Please tell me it's just for Halloween.

22. Senni_Arava

Senni_Arava Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    I'm still trying to figure out why ppl thought it was funny. He might be there a while...

23. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    More! I know this probably won't happen, but it would be so neat for Qui-Gon to run into Ewan first and not Obi-wan. Great story, keep it up!

24. Toga_Sith

Oct 4, 2000
    Sorry, I'm really out of it. Here's a post.

@ @ @ @ @

?Alex?? Amy said in a quiet voice.

?Amy,? Alex replied, worry lining his voice. ?Are you all right? I was worried.?

Amy smiled slightly, her stomach warmed with the fact he wasn?t angry, only concerned. ?Yes, yes, I?m fine.? She paused and chewed her bottom lip. What was she suppose to say? ?I?m sorry? seemed a bit inadequate for completely forgetting about their little day.

?We should talk,? Alex said. ?But . . . I thought you had to work today.?

?I did. But I got it off at the last moment,? Amy fibbed, crossing her fingers.

?Really? Barbara called me this morning when you didn?t show up and you didn?t answer the phone.? His tone was light, but she could hear the suspicion.

?I?m not feeling well. I called her a few minutes ago and she let me off.? //Please believe me// she chanted.

Alex sighed. ?Do you want me to come over? I still have to pick up my laundry.?

Laundry? Oh, right, Alex was a complete GUY when it came to laundry, and Amy had volunteered the favor of washing his clothes for him. But he couldn?t come. Not with Obi-Wan here. ((I can?t believe I?m thinking of him as actually being Obi-Wan)) It still seemed so impossible, even after the lightsaber and the mind tricks.

?Um, I didn?t get your clothes done. The machine was acting sithly again. I?ll do them today. Don?t come over, it?s contagious.?

?I don?t mind,? Alex said, his tone gentle. ?I?ll cook you some soup, too.?

?No! Alex. Don?t Come!? Amy chewed on a nail nervously. At least Obi-Wan was safe in the living room, occupied by a re-run.

?Is something wrong, Ames?? Alex asked after a moment.

?No. Just that I?m sick. Um, I have to go now. Talk to you later, bye.? Amy hung up the phone, pressing her forehead against the wall. Taking several deep breaths, she was able to control her thoughts. Mostly. When she entered the living room, she found Obi-Wan and the kitten curled up in his lap. //Ah, a Kodiak moment// ?Are you hungry?? she asked.

?Such a question,? Obi-Wan said, standing up. The kitten yowl, glaring with yellow eyes as the young man unseated her nap.

?I?ll have to get something for the cat, too,? Amy said. ?I have Lucky Charms open, so we?ll have some of that. Then, we?ll decide what the heck I?m suppose to do with you.?

25. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Hmmmmm.... Alex meet Obi-wan? Dangerous possiblitiy. After the way Obi reacted to Pepsi, I wonder what he will think of Lucky Charms? Great post, Amidolee!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.