1. A Warning For Everyone To See:

PT vs. OT vs. ST vs. Anthology (in any combination) debates are not allowed in the New Movies forums. Discussions that descend into OT/PT/ST/Anthology bashing/gushing will be subject to Mod action. Consider this your warning.

Kenobi Ewan McGregor (Obi-Wan Kenobi) in Kenobi Film

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Anthology - Spoilers Allowed' started by Darth Chiznuk, Aug 17, 2017.

1. Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Don't forget the Han Solo movie. Like another poster has said, it would be cool if we had antrilogy of Anthology movies set in the "Dark Times".

Gesendet von meinem SM-J510FN mit Tapatalk
  2. JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I don't know if I can get on board with the false Han Solo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Just wait and see for yourself.

4. Count Zero Jedi Knight

star 3

They've switched out Bond many times. I'll happily go see it.
    Last edited by Count Zero, Aug 22, 2017
  5. JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Not the same thing at all though an argument can be made that Connery was the first and best. We already got Harrison as a young and old Han. It's already covered . No one else can or should play that character.

TheManFromMortis likes this.
  6. Count Zero Jedi Knight

star 3

Nah, it's just a character. It depends on how it actually shows up onscreen. You're probably not the only purist out there, though.
  7. Matty20172018 Jedi Youngling

Let's see the film first.

I'll admit that I was not really interested in seeing a Solo film. Kenobi is the one film I always did want to see, and it makes the most damb sense!

Ewan McGregor wants to do it!
    Kenobi is an absolute fan favourite in both the prequels and the originals!
    They have 18 years to explore with Kenobi. I see no reason why not more than one Kenobi film, set between Episode III and IV. I would love a trilogy! Why do all these other films have to be Stand Alone adventures. I think Kenobi could warrent another 1 or 2 films to explore his adventures during this time. And Darth Vader will absolutely be a big player in these films too!
    Last edited by Matty20172018, Aug 22, 2017
  8. Count Zero Jedi Knight

star 3

Young Han is the only way they could go with this character (Though it won't be long before this guy they got now is about as old as HF was in ANH), anything else would likely fall on it's face. Honestly, it's not a surprise that Disney would do this. One doesn't pay four billion dollars for a franchise with this many cornerstone pop-culture characters in it without exploiting it to the fullest. The whole point to any of this is for Disney to make money for it's investors, after all. No matter what our opinions on art or entertainment are.
    Last edited by Count Zero, Aug 22, 2017
  9. Darth Downunder Chosen One

star 6
    As long as the movies are overwhelmingly well received, just as their first two have been, they can make as much cash as they want.
  10. Rodie Jedi Master

star 4
    They've got 19 years of timeline to play with, but I think since Ewan is most certainly going to do it (and he's aged really well), they should keep this story closer to Ep 3 than Ep 4. Maybe give him a little grey at the temples and set the story about 5-7 years after "Order 66." So we see a little boy Luke at some point. That would be cool.

But really it could time hop some. So we could see more of his initial arrival on Tatooine with baby Luke, and see him first settling in. His first trip into Mos Eisley etc.

I hope we see Anchorhead and as a town it looks very different from the Mos's. Hopefully!
    Last edited by Rodie, Aug 22, 2017
    TheManFromMortis likes this.
  11. 11-4D Jedi Master

star 4
    False Obi-Wan is fine, however
    PymParticles likes this.
  12. DARTH_BELO Jedi Grand Master

star 4

I agree with this-there's that fine line there where Luke too young wouldn't be that interesting, and Luke too old would be too close to Luke in ANH, and the recast would be so close it would feel a little jarring. Although, I wouldn't mind foregoing Luke altogether and seeing Obi-Wan's dealings just after the end of ROTS-his struggle to get settled and used to things on Tattooine, perhaps contacted by other Jedi somehow (they could use this thread to put elements of the Jedi purge in there as a plotline), and Obi's conversations with the Lars family early on, while Luke is still a baby. The book Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader kind of touches on a little bit of this, and I loved it-while reading those parts, I actually thought "I wish there were a book just about this!" But again I will mention that I wouldn't mind seeing a film with him during the Clone Wars or even before that. It CAN be done, both story-wise and aging/technology-wise, so it's definitely possible.

I would LOVE a Rogue One style film, featuring Obi-Wan and Anakin, focusing on whatever mission they were on just before the events of ROTS. (I know Labyrinth of Evil covered this, but it's now "Legends" and I also didn't care for that one.) All the actors that would make sense to be involved could still do it, not to mention Grievous' capture of Palpatine could also be shown as well! Then-just like Rogue One-we see the iris out of Anakin and Obi-Wan hyperspace away towards Coruscant to rescue the Chancellor, connecting directly to the opening of ROTS.

Still though there are lots of ideas. This idea that the only time it can be done is while he's just sitting on his thumbs on Tattooine and there's not much to tell, doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by DARTH_BELO, Aug 22, 2017
  13. Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yup. The dark times - period between ROTS and the OT - is the most intriguing era for me at the moment. Followed by the really ancient "origin of the Jedi" time period.
    PymParticles and Darth_Voider like this.
  14. Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    In canon, Anakin and Obi-Wan were at the Battle of Mandalore with Ahsoka right before ROTS.

DARTH_BELO likes this.
  15. JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    It's very different . We only had old obi Wan . We needed young Obi Wan. Harrison has already played both . Han and Harrison are far more iconic too

16. 11-4D Jedi Master

star 4
    When did he play 20-year old Han?
  17. DARTH_BELO Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Wait-I thought Ahsoka had left the order-like well before that....? At least that's how its portrayed in TCW series. Is this Battle of Mandalore from some other source, where they met up with Ahsoka again? I watched the whole TCW series-I don't remember this. At least I don't remember Kenobi and Anakin being involved and Order 66 coinciding with it. What episode is that in? Cos in the final episode in season 6 before it was cancelled, featuring Yoda, the Battle of Coruscant hadn't occurred yet...?
  18. JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    He doesn't need to that is the flipping point . Why ruin Han with some other actor . Tell the story in a novel or comic or tv series . Not this

19. Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    Is the title of this thread "101 reasons why a Han Solo film shouldn't be made"? No. Didn't think so.
    JediMatteus and PymParticles like this.
  20. 11-4D Jedi Master

star 4
    Just like Obi-Wan was ruined with a new actor? Oh wait, that's totally different because reasons. Got it.
  21. Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films

Manager
    star 6
  22. Strongbow Jedi Grand Master

star 5

Great. Dropped my coffee. Your fault. I've been conditioned by years of military special forces training to follow orders without question.

On topic..... I'm anxiously awaiting the announcement that Ewan will do the film. He was one of my favorite parts of the PT, and I'd love to see him get to really work his skills on that character in a different creative environment.

Here's hoping.
  23. Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    [IMG]
    Strongbow likes this.
  24. Darth_Voider Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    TCW was canceled halfway during season 6. The Yoda arc was indeed the last arc that was aired. However, the scripts for the second half of season 6 as well as seasons 7 and 8 had already been written. These two-and-a-half seasons of scripts are the "Unfinished episodes" of TCW. Some of them have been however adopted in different media. 8 episodes featuring Asajj Ventress became the "Dark Disciple" novel, and four episodes featuring Maul after he was captured by Sidious became the comic series "Son of Dathomir".

According to Dave Filoni, even though all these episodes were never produced, they are still canon. The end of season 8 - which would have also been the actual series finale of TCW - would have featured Ahsoka, Maul, Anakin and Obi-Wan on Mandalore. Anakin and Obi-Wan were called to rescue the chancellor amidst the battle of Mandalore, which then would have led directly into ROTS.

The events of the Battle of Mandalore were also mentioned in some episodes of Star Wars Rebels, as well as the Ahsoka novel.

Strongbow and DARTH_BELO like this.
  25. DARTH_BELO Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Nice.

I didn't know all that, although I did know a few details like there was over a season's worth of scripts for episodes never produced. I suppose the fact that my pace of reading SW novels etc. has slowed dramatically (from about 5 a year to about 2) could explain why I wasn't aware what Son of Dathomir and Dark Disciple were really about. Still though, if the final episode was never produced, then to me it seems that would be a pretty good opportunity right there, already worked out and ready for development as a live action version of that story. Perhaps Obi-Wan wouldn't be the only main character in the film, but it could include Kenobi as a main character and follow his individual storyline more closely perhaps.
    Darth_Voider likes this.