main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ewan McGregor on Parkinson

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Fall-on-Jin, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Did anyone see this? I thought it was pretty cool! I mean, the way his hair and bear was set out means that he definately looks the part for Obi-wan, to tie him in with the Ep4 look. This probably means he hasn't finished filming yet, either.

He spoke about his two other films a lot, and promoted them as well. From what I can gather, he is a great actor, and his career will continue to rise.

Parkinson breifly spoke to him about his role in Episodes 1 and 2, and how when he was a kid he was introduced to the star wars world to see his Uncle Dennis Lawson (the dude who played Wedge Antillies in the OT). He did a pretty cool George Lucas impression as well, I might add.

Good quality viewing, and next week's episode of Parkinson looks to be cool as well.

2. Stormtrooper_fan

Stormtrooper_fan Jedi Master star 5

Aug 23, 2003
    Yeah I saw that interview too though I noticed they mostly stayed away from talking about SW. Was a good interview though :)

3. _Durge_

_Durge_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2003
    He looks remarkably like a young Sir Alec Guiness.

4. Animawookiee

Animawookiee Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2003
    I saw it too. :D

His impersonation of Lucas was VERY funny. Sounded nothing like him though. They never talked about Episode III much because Ewan was there to discus and promote his two new films, Young Adam and Down With Love. Ewan is such a good actor, but when he does an american accent he is not. His new film Down With Love has him with a US accent, sounds so stupid to me. Black Hawk Down also had him with an american accent, I really thought it was bad. But he is one of my favourite actors, so I will forgive him.

I really enjoyed it when he did talk about making the first and second Star Wars though, good stuff. Hearing about his uncle was cool too. It was interesting learning about his brother and about taking Ewan for a ride in his jet fighter. Did you know that his brother went on bombing missions in the recent Iraq war. A real hero.

PS: Ewan is keeping the beard because they will be doing pick-ups next year. Or maybe he just likes it so much he wants to keep it...

:)

5. Happy Ninja

Happy Ninja Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 20, 2000
    I missed the interview last night because I was out clubbing. I saw Down With Love when I was in America in May. It's an "okay" film, but not groundbreaking - Personally, David Hyde Pearce is the best thing about that film - Just imagine two hours of Niles, and that's what you've got!

6. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Bummer I missed it :( Ah well.

7. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Missed it too, just because I don't have BBC prime, just my parents! :(

8. Posh_British_Jedi

Posh_British_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

May 7, 2003
    I?m gutted that I missed it. I remember seeing Ewan on the show the first time he did it, and he was absolutely charming and very funny.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.