Discussion Ewan McGregor's Reaction to the Spin-Offs

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    While I'm all for an Obi-Wan spin off *I still want to see a Darth Vader (in his masked and epic glory) vs ObiWan/Ewan fight* , I don't want him to have more than a cameo in the sequel trilogy. One of my worries for the sequel trilogy is that fans *and the film makers* might focus more on the old cast that they will forget that the movie is about the new cast.
    kainee and yggdrasil311 like this.
  2. yggdrasil311 Force Ghost

star 2
    I'd love to see him lead a big war against the Tusken Raiders, protecting the lars homestead. Krayt dragons. Jawa Biker Gang. Love interest with that hottie. Etc,.
    kevmp likes this.
  3. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
    @Darth Claire:

Depends on the story, I think. They *might* do the continuing adventures of Luke Skywalker with guidance from his ghost dad.

I don't think they will, though.
    Last edited by Valairy Scot, Feb 8, 2013
  4. kevmp Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Obi-Wan charters The Rabbit's Foot and has a butt-kicking adventure with Jaxxon....now that is a movie! lol
  5. Darth Claire Force Ghost

star 4
    I guess but if it was a direct continuation of the Luke Skywalker story, I'd imagine they'd probably have to recast the originals *and we all know what would happen here if that happened. Pure anarchy [face_devil]*. I dont think Lucasfilm will want to take that risk so it will probably be about Luke's kid.
  6. Lee_ Force Ghost

star 4
    Eh, that storyline sounds kind of weak. As Yoda put it (something to the effect of) them going into hiding on Tatooine (just knowing the locals could have given him info on pilots in Mos Eisley); Obi Wan going out in major adventures during that time=mediocre fit with the OT/PT storyline IMO.

That time period in general could be good, and he could have a small part or cameos in something like the Underworld thing, but I wouldn't be in favor of a movie about Obi-Wan during that time period. Again, I am not violently opposed to it, and it might be better than some other ideas I have heard, but I want a SW story that doesn't focus on old characters, bring in something innovative, creative, and new; we already have the ST with familiar characters (probably).
    Last edited by Lee_, Feb 8, 2013
  7. Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  8. TigerCraneFist Force Ghost

star 4
  9. Lazy Storm Trooper Jedi Grand Master

star 4
  10. tekkamansoul Jedi Knight

PLEASE MAKE ANOTHER OBI-WAN/EWAN MCGREGOR MOVIE
    Arawn_Fenn, Graphic and obimom like this.
  11. Valairy Scot Force Ghost

star 5
  12. Eryndil Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    There are some great ideas here which could make a good movie. Post ROTS would be cool. Mind you, if they have a movie with Ewan playing Obi-Wan, I'd watch it even if it was just 2 hours of him meditating!
  13. starve Jedi Padawan

McGregor is really the only PT actor who I wouldn't mind seeing again, but I don't want to see him baby sitting Luke on Tattoine. Obi-Wan could still go on adventures off-world though, since Luke is being raised by the Lars'.
  14. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 6
    He should come back, but this time have him play Luke just to blow everyone's minds.
    Original Oatmeal and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  15. Togruta Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm sure the Obi fangirls would love it, which means I should OPPOSE it. xD
  16. DRush76 Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm trying to keep quiet about this whole spin off idea. I'm trying. I really am. I just don't know.
  17. Zer0 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    He needs to do something in these new movies, he made the PT for me.
  18. mattman8907 Jedi Master

star 3
    i wouldn't mind seeing a movie based on Obi-Wan's adventures in the Last of jedi Novels.
    Original Oatmeal likes this.
  19. Graphic Jedi Master

star 2
  20. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, I do agree that tossing in Fett, while a cool idea, might be a bit of a stretch, which is why you can have Obi-Wan up to some crazy mission, rescue mission, something, save toddler Luke from planetbound gangsters or slavers or something, and have him not leave Tatooine at all. Some character stuff with Owen so we can get some dramatic back and forth with McGreggor and Edgerton. Like I said "True Grit. With a lightsaber." Everyone who sees him use it ends up dead anyway. Aside from maybe one guy. And nobody believes him.
    Last edited by BigAl6ft6, Feb 9, 2013
    Graphic likes this.
  21. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    I'd like a story like this where Bail Organa is the one to call for his help
  22. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    DC-

I hadn't thought of this idea but it is pure WIN!!! ^:)^
  23. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    Does no one think that by taking a side story to Luke Skywalker's location it becomes part of the skywalker saga and not a spin off?
    Original Oatmeal likes this.
  24. Echo-07 Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah, but technically it's not central to the main saga hence qualifies as a spinoff. I don't think the 7 Jedi story involves any of DC's scenario but it doesn't mean its not a cool idea.
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  25. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    oh yeah, all sound ideas, I'm just not particularly loving the central setting being the Lars Homestead.

You could then technically watch the end of RotS (at the Lars Homestead), this new Obi "spin-off" (at the Lars Homestead), then watch ANH which after the space battle is based where? (You guessed it!)

To me, it would seem too much of a continuation as opposed to spin off
    Last edited by StoneRiver, Feb 9, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.