Discussion Ewan McGregor's Reaction to the Spin-Offs

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    What would be the title of this obi-wan spin off?
  2. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    Obi-Wan: I'm A Bad***! :cool:
    KevinM1 and lbr789 like this.
  3. TrandoJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    That would be fantastic! I love the idea of live-action Clone Wars flashbacks. Using both the original actors if possible. A Obi-Wan Kenobi film on Tatooine wouldn't necessarily have to be on Tatooine the whole time after all, the present story could be on Tatooine while having flashbacks to the past with the Clone Wars and maybe even beyond. I love it!

I really dig your "intro" idea too.

Maybe even have flashbacks to adventures/discussions with Qui-Gon?
  4. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    They could make movies about Obi-Wan's adventures in the afterlife much like that rumored script for Gladiator 2.
  5. mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I wouldn't mind seeing a post ROTS / Pre ANH Lightsaber Duel between Ole Obi-Wan and Darth Vader.
  6. Graphic Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Crazy Ben: The Desert Warrior
  7. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 5
    Star Wars: That Wizard's Just A Crazy Old Man
    moxlox likes this.
  8. BigAl6ft6 Force Ghost

star 5
    While I don't think the Obi-Wan meeting Vader again story is terrible, I really think the emotional crux of the untitled Obi-Wan Spin Off could actually just boil down to this. Owen really does not like Obi-Wan but considering the guy just showed up and gave them a kid I don't think that's a good reason to despise him. And, like I said, Joel Edgerton is actually really good and has been getting a bunch of character parts lately, if they can bring him back (and he has a few quotes where he reveals how excited he was he got the role in Ep. 2) and just the tension between him as an actor and Ewan McGregor could really work for the story. It's almost like Obi-Wan came to Tatooine as a surrogate father to Luke but Ben pushed him away. That has to hurt Obi-Wan and also frankly complicate his mission of watching over Luke if eventually Owen just runs him off the homestead.

That's all the emotional core stuff, as for the action stuff, like I said, there is a ton of things just in the Tatooine environment you could extrapolate on for the "baddie" without having to bring in Vader & the Emperor and all that (I do like the idea of Obi-Wan finding out that Anakin is still alive in that horrible walking half-machine man and it just breaks him). Someone mentioned how there isn't a single hint of slavery in Ep. 4. How bout Obi-Wan brings down the Tatooine salve trade, runs the slavers off the planet or something, but in the process totally destroys his relationship with Owen & Beru. the slavers don't like the mess that Obi-Wan is up to so they grab "the kid" as a way to get him to lay off, because somehow they know that Obi-Wan hangs out at the Lars homestead, Obi-Wan saves the day by killing every last one of the slavers (or, y'know, keeping a few alive) so continuity is preserved how the Empire wouldn't know that Obi-Wan was still alive. Y'know that bit in Unforgiven when Will Munny is yelling outloud to the town that they better behave themselves or he'll kill every last one of them? Think that. With Obi-Wan Kenobi and a lightsaber. (yeah, he's dancing close to the dark side if they go that far but, dammit, he's been stuck on a planet for years by himself, maybe he's going a bit stir crazy)

Also another great thing? More scenes of Obi-Wan hanging out at bars!
    lbr789 likes this.
  9. StoneRiver Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm liking the thinking on these. As you said TreborSabreon, "outside the box", or as I'd like to put it - in another area of GL's "sandbox" ;)

IMO, and this is only MO, they have to keep Obi completely away from any main character from the main saga to ensure this live action flick is a "spin off"
  10. Trebor Sabreon Force Ghost

star 4
    Love it and agree with most all of it, except to say that as much as I never thought I'd consider it an option, @Darth_Downunder's post really did sell me on the thought of an 'Episode 3.5' confrontation with Vader.

I should point out that this opinion comes with one major caveat: It would have to be handled with the utmost care, featuring scenes which hit just the right emotional tone and that are graced with an incredible script, with close attention paid to continuity. It may be a risky move, but also a bold one - and if it were done well, just imagine the possibilities.
    Valairy Scot likes this.
  11. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't think a duel with Vader would work...
  12. Orochi Oni Jedi Knight

star 1
    Something that irks me about McGregor is that he tries to act like he doesn't know much about Star Wars in these interviews. He's actually a Star Wars nerd.
  13. Lazy Storm Trooper Force Ghost

star 4
    Usually it is the opposite with celebrities.
  14. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    I will never forget his reaction to the title "Attack of the Clones" while he was with Nicole Kidman. What a bunch of assclowns. Yeah that was our reaction too. But you worked on this horrible movie. And you are being disrespectable toward Boss Lucas.

15. The Hellhammer 7SA Forum Interrogator

Game Host
    star 5
    Well, it is a silly title.
    That was pretty much my reaction as well.
    Last edited by The_Hellhammer, Mar 13, 2013
  16. kegs202 Jedi Master

star 1
    I actually loved that title. Thought it was very Star Wars-ishy !!!
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  17. I Are The Internets Chosen One

star 7
    It was a stupid title to a pretty good movie.
  18. Darth Chiznuk PT Trivia Master / Game Host

Game Host
    star 5
    I didn't care for it at first but it grew on me. I like how it played against our expectations with the Clone Troopers actually being the good guys.
  19. LordThrawnStark Jedi Knight

star 1

Awe, he even still looks like Obi-wan. He's such a talnted guy. Just watch Trainspotting and then Star Wars to see his range.
  20. Garrett Atkins Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Removed: Editing Mistake
    Last edited by Garrett Atkins, Mar 13, 2013
  21. BOBAFLEXX Jedi Master

A Fistful of Credits!
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  22. MillionthVoice Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    The Good, the Bad and the Ugnaught?
    Last edited by MillionthVoice, Mar 14, 2013
  23. themetresgained Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    I love all of the suggestions made here about a possible Obi-Wan spinoff movie.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.