main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Ewan's Down with Love

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lelila, May 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lelila

Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 16, 1999
    Rob and I saw it today (opening day, yay!) and it ROCKED! Go see it! I'll definitely post more on this later!

2. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    You mean you liked this movie cause it had Ewan in it? Or you liked the movie just because? ;)

I haven't heard about it...was it a big movie or little?

Few non spoiler Star Wars related Ewan things I saw on TFN:

"I found out the title of ''Episode II'' on a rope line. Someone said, ''What do you think of 'Attack of the Clones'''? And I said, ''What is it?'' And they said, ''It's the title of the new 'Star Wars' film.'' And I said, ''It's f---ing terrible!'' They obviously ran out of f---ing fax paper [at Lucasfilm]."

And on discussion about Star Wars with USA Today and Rene Zellweger.:

Q: But have you seen Ewan's Star Wars films?

Zellweger: No. I was going to say that when I was teasing him about not having seen Bridget. I didn't have a chance to see them when they came out. I wasn't expecting to be busted today.

McGregor: I watched Bridget Jones in Alabama (where he was shooting Big Fish) three weeks ago.

Zellweger: (Laughs) I knew it. I knew it. I knew you hadn't seen it. (A wrestling match ensues.)

Zellweger: I saw the re-release in New York. It was quite different than seeing it as a 6-year-old.

Q: I focus a lot more on Harrison Ford (news) now.

Zellweger: I bet. Before, it was the other guy.

Q: Yeah, Luke.

McGregor: I always paid attention to Carrie Fisher (news).

Zellweger: You liked that white dress without much underneath.

Q: Or when she was in that skimpy sex-slave outfit. The prequels aren't nearly as kinky.

McGregor: They did a bit where they ripped Natalie Portman (news)'s top.

Q: Yeah, but Britney Spears (news) wears less going to the grocery.

Zellweger: When are you going to Australia? You're going to make the next Star Wars now.

McGregor: Beginning of June.

Q: What will you tell your daughters about boys?

McGregor: I'd like to think of myself as being the cool, liberal dad, but I don't know what lies beneath. When Clara was 4 months, we were in a Baby Gap in London. Eve had picked up this little skirt, and it just came out of my mouth: ''Put that back. It's far too short.'' I love those moments when words you never could imagine saying spill out of your mouth.

Zellweger: You have about five years before you have to give up the phone.

Hehee

3. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Ewan! *jump* :p

4. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    *jump*

Hehehe :)
    Though I probably liked it more because Ewan was in it, it actually was a great film. Robert liked it as well, so it's not just for chicks, guys! Go see it!

5. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    I really wanna see this but it doesn't come out in the UK until June.

6. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Lynora went to see it and loved it. Then again, she is in love with Ewan [face_laugh]

7. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    Who isn't [face_love] lol

Shame Renee's part isn't played by Cameron Diaz though - her and Ewan made a great pair in A Life Less Ordinary.

The reviews say that him and Renee didn't really spark in this film. What do you think?

8. Lelila

Jan 16, 1999
    Well, Renee was cast before Ewan was and she actually chose him for the part, so I don't think Diaz would have worked ;)

Hmmm...I don't know. There was definitely more of a spark between Ewan and Nicole in Moulin Rouge.

9. go-away

Apr 21, 2003

I shall just have to be patient and wait for the film to come over here so I can judge for myself. I'm really excited lol

10. SpudHead

SpudHead Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2003
    Dear oh dear. It takes all sorts.

11. SarahSkywalker

SarahSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2002
    I saw it. Liked it well enough, but my fiance liked it even more than me!
    I think I need to see it again, wasn't quite in the mood for that kind of movie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.