main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ewok Celebration music...yub dub

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Genrader, Jul 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genrader

Genrader Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2003
    Um, someone correct me if I am wrong but in the SE VHS did they remove the Yub Dub from the ewoks? I have yet to watch them and I heard they did from someone, I'm very shocked. That was such an appropriate close for the Star Wars saga. If that isn't back in the DVDs I think I am going to cry.

2. plutoneam

plutoneam Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 21, 2003
    Yes, the SE is without the Ewok song, and instead has new music which I think doesn't blend well..

And in the new SE for DVD, probably anyway, they will be removing the original Anakin ghost and adding in Hayden from EPIII into it.

So yea, the ending of the whole saga now sucks.

3. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    You haven't seen the SE yet? Man, what rock did you crawl under from? When are you gonna watch TPM, 2019? :p

I think most people prefer the new music, but there's another musical change in ROTJ you might not like. (Jedi Rocks)

4. Darth-Jett

Darth-Jett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 11, 2002
    So yea, the ending of the whole saga now sucks.

Maybe to you, in my opinion it's the greatest ending ever, for one the music is way better than Yub Nub, and with Hayden there it will complete the saga.

5. VadersHelmet

VadersHelmet Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2004
    Personally I am a fan of the yub-yub song! I was really disappointed with the new ending music; in 20 years it is going to sound really dated and GL will re-release the movie with a brand spanking new song and I'll be forced to buy that one too :p

6. Plo_Koen

Plo_Koen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2001
    Yub-Nub was an excellent way to end ROTJ - the movie, but I think the new ending is a much more fitting way to end the Star Wars Saga, or even the OT alone.

Too bad about Lapti-Nek though... :(

7. Genrader

Genrader Jedi Master star 3

Sep 12, 2003
    I've seen the PT and own them on DVD...I just have the 1996 VHS trilogy, released a year or so before the SE came out. The SE came out and someone told me it sucked so I never bothered watching it, and now that I've learned they removed the Yub-Yub I am horrified.

That song was fitting for the entire saga, it makes me want to cry because that's the end of the Star Wars saga. Any other music would have to suck.

8. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Any other music would have to suck

You are so wrong :p

I like the Yub Nub song, but it's a little too "cartoony" to proporly end the Star Wars saga. The new Victory Celebration track, recorded by John Williams, is twice as powerful and more fitting to end a saga.

So, in closing: Victory Celebration > Yub Nub

9. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, they did indeed change the Ewok song from the Original Visions for the Special Editions of the trilogy.

Most people I've spoken to miss the Yub Nub song, but the new "Victory Celebration" music is a very good piece of music though.

Basicly, what it comes down to is that Yub Nub is appropriate for the Star Wars Trilogy, with it's smaller-scale, more personal Ewok-only celebration.

But Victory Celebration is more appropriate for the larger scale, less-personal, multi-planet celebration sequences (even though now the Ewok and Rebel dancing tempos during the Endor celebration don't really match up that well with the music) of the Star Wars Saga.

And, yeah, the awful "Jedi Rocks" replaced the awesome "Lapti Nek", unfortunately.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.