main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ewok guilt ...

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by DarthMandarb, Jul 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMandarb

DarthMandarb Jedi Master star 2

May 29, 2002
    Something just occured to me while watching RotJ. The Ewoks were going to eat the gang before 3P0 used his 'magic' and convinced them (the Ewoks) to let the gang free.

So then, a few hours later, alls well and the gang becomes 'a part of the tribe' ... now I don't understand this.

Sure, we were going to cook you alive, then eat you, but now we love you and you're a part of our tribe!

Seems like a big attitude change. So why did this happen? Did 3P0's story make that big of an impression on them? Or did the Ewoks just feel soooo guilty that they 'adopted' them and then agreed to help them over throw the Empire.

Did the Ewoks think that they (the gang) were a part of the Empire and that's why they were going to cook them and then 3P0's story sheds light on the true story. So maybe then the Ewoks were willing to help them 'cause they don't like the Empire (for invading their planet maybe??)

Hit me with some thoughts people!

dm

2. The_Anakin_Wannabe

The_Anakin_Wannabe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2003
    I think C3PO's stories made a big impact on them. The stories that C3PO told were amazing, full of courage, suffering and loss. To have the very people around you that were involved in those stories would be pretty moving.

3. Boba_Kris

Boba_Kris Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2003
    I believe what changed the Ewoks' mind was that they looked at C3-PO as a God. So if the "God" say free my people, they obey. And consequently allow them to join their clan.

4. AssassinDroid21

AssassinDroid21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Yes, since he was their God they chose to remain loyal to him and befriend his allies.

5. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Don't forget...the Ewoks are primitives. They are all about roasting intruders until a hot chick and a golden droid tell them not to.

6. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    They may have just thought "Sounds good, we'll trade in these guys for a bumper Imperial pot-roast instead!"

7. DarthMandarb

DarthMandarb Jedi Master star 2

May 29, 2002
    I think it had to be the story of the heroic battle against the Empire. The Ewoks probably already hated the Empire (for invading their lands) and once 3P0 scared them into letting his friends go he tells them the tale and they are soooo impressed they 'adopt' them. I don't think it was just because they thought of 3P0 as a god because he told them once (before using the magic) to let his friends go and they refused. So it's not only that.

I think they felt really guilty (after hearing the story) for almost cooking the heros and that's why they adopted them.

dm

8. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

Ewoks may have thought C-3P0 was their God but until he "flew" I don't think they really respected him. Despite C-3P0 telling them not to cook his friends in his honour, they didn't comply until Luke lifted C-3P0 with the Force.

They don't feel guilty at all, they just don't want to see what other powers the Golden God has if they don't do what he says.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.