main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ewoks and the Confiscated weapons

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by VECTORPLEX, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VECTORPLEX

VECTORPLEX Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2003
    In ROTJ, the scene where Han and Co are taken captive by the Ewoks, we see the lightsaber and blasters being confiscated. I always wondered if the lightsaber and blasters had any special lock devices to prevent anyone, including Ewoks from activating them. Up in the village, we see the Ewok chief holding lukes lightsaber and I was very surprised to have not see it accidently ignite, for he seemed very interested in it.

2. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    I would assume that the blasters have safety switch-type things to prevent accidents from happening while they were holstered (optional for rogues), but I doubt that Luke's lightsaber would have one, seeing as though when he built it, he probably knew that it'd have to be usable at a moment's notice. Perhaps the chief was being very, very careful. Or perhaps Luke's skill in the Force prevented any accidents from happening. :p

I_F

3. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Yeah, I reckon blasters probably have a safety switch of some kind.

As for lightsabre...well, notice how they always turn off when nobody is holding the grip? I think the grip needs to be squeezed for them to come on.

4. CommanderConrad

CommanderConrad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2003
    I don't think they need to be squeezed (they twirl them too often in the PT for that to be true.) There's just a plate you have to have your hand on. When it's removed, the blade shuts down.

5. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    I do know that some lightsabers require a double tap to turn them on and its also possible that Skywalker's required the Force to be used in order to activate it. Some Jedi did have Force activation sabers, which is in the EU, but it is possible thats something that Skywalker did.

6. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Luke's green light saber might have had needed the force to activate it but not the blue saber in TESB, since Han activated it.

7. Legend_Wolfwood

Legend_Wolfwood Jedi Youngling

Jan 27, 2005
    Hi I am new

8. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    And you're off-topic!

9. Errant_Venture

Errant_Venture Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 21, 2002
    Legend, as I said in a different topic and in a PM I sent you, please cease and desist with these "Hi, I'm new posts". Refusal to do so, will result in a spank.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.