main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ewoks: cute teddy bears or flesh eating monsters?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by B'omarr, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    We all saw in Return of the Jedi how the Ewoks helped the Rebellion topple the Empire. Many a fanboy has also been puzzled by the fact that the Ewoks overtook stormtroopers.

But perhaps there is something we're missing. The Ewoks easily had the stormtrooper forces outnumbered. It was there home planet, and they knew the woods better than the Imperials.

Also, keep in mind that the Ewoks were ready to roast Han, Chewie, and Luke in a feast to honor their new god, 3PO.

With these numbers and a penchant for human flesh, it's no wonder why the stormtroopers were a bit scared. The Ewoks swarmed like on the stormtroopers, creating a bloody freezing frenzy as if they were land pirahna.

Of course, Lucas wanted to keep the movie PG, so he quickly edited to another shot as the Ewoks dined on stormtrooper flesh, and then cut back to show them celebrating on their hollow shells.

Think about it. You don't see any stormtrooper captives at the end of the movie, during the celebration. The horrible little creatures ate them all!

Hopefully, the rebels managed to make it off Endor before the Ewoks turned on them in hunger and devoured them all.

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    *pauses*

*raises an eyebrow*

*cracks up* [face_laugh]

*stops laughing*

*ponders on what Stormtroopers taste like*

Hmmmmm..... ;)

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

3. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    There an issue of Star Wars: Tales that adresses this. It compares the ewoks to Viet Cong. It's pretty funny.

4. scuiggefest

scuiggefest Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    cute teddy bears or flesh eating monsters?

They're flesh eating teddy bears.

monsters are bigger and there aren't so many of them

5. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    The Ewoks are often labelled as cute, but would you like to try to annoy a bear cub? Those little buggers would happily claw your leg off.

And the Ewoks have freaky eyes, too :D

6. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Stormtroopers... the other white meat.

7. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    I've always harbored a secret fear of those damn Ewoks. After all they were going to roast Han & Luke, remember?

8. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002
    I wonder if the Ewoks roasted some Rebels too-hidden of course--to see if they tasted different from the stormtroopers.

Hmmm... I bet you they all tasted like chicken.

9. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
    An Ewok is banging on stormtrooper helmets like drums at the end of ROTJ. Makes you wonder what happened to their former owners, doesn't it? ;)

10. DarthSil

DarthSil Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    That scene has always creeped me out. I always think the heads are still in the helmets.

11. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
    Cute flesh-eating teddy bear monsters are just a marketing ploy by Lucasfilm to "sell" the movie to kids in the 4-12 demographic. Everyone knows kids love carnivore teddy bears.

12. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    Not to ruin your charade or anything but could the possible answer be simply that there are no captive's because they were killed during battle and the Ewoks took their armor off? *Raised eyebrow's* [face_mischief]

Obviously it's a proving fact their "flesh eating monster's" because they were going bar be que Han and Luke. ;)

If this was simply meant to be a humor thread dis-invow(sp?) my post.

<[-]> Saber

13. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Hmm, where did those storm troopers go? (looks around). Oh, there's a hood and, gross, his thumb is laying only a foot away. and not far away are two ewoks, enjoying their dinner.

honestly, i never thought that those cute, cuddly little ewoks could be deadly monsters.

~aeryn

14. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
  15. dArTh_wenley

dArTh_wenley Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 10, 2001

I'll never think of them the same way again... [face_laugh] !

16. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    LMAO!!!!
    HEHE this thread is great

17. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    Ewoks: cute teddy bears or flesh eating monsters?

Yes.

Fortunately, they have many uses.

18. crazybirdman

crazybirdman Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2003
    I always wondered how they got a different sound out of helmets that are all the same. Now I know, each one had a defferent amount of stormtrooper left on it. Just lke when you leave different amounts of water in a glass to get a certain tone when you hit it.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Poor Ewoks- you guys get after them for being too cute and cuddly, now you get after their taste for meat.

You all are forgetting they wanted to eat Chewie too... that almost makes them cannibals.

Frasier Crane: Yes, those in my support group are the saddest people on earth.

Cliffy: Actually I would think that would be the Donner family.

Frasier: Yes, I suppose you are right, Cliff. Cannibalism is much sadder than having low self-esteem.

:p Sorry- random "Cheers" moment.

20. DARTH-PLONKER

DARTH-PLONKER Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2003
    Chewies not so innocent himself- I saw him looking strangley at Luke in one scene, probably deciding how best to cook him. Stupid Chewie, always thinking with his stomach.

I personally prefer my stormtrooper poached, rather than roasted.

21. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    I always wondered how they got a different sound out of helmets that are all the same. Now I know, each one had a defferent amount of stormtrooper left on it. Just lke when you leave different amounts of water in a glass to get a certain tone when you hit it.

lol :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.