main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Ewoks in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MotivateR5D4, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Do you think Ewoks will have any kind of role in the ST? At the very least, an honorable mention for having been integral in the Rebellion's earlier defeat of the Empire? Perhaps they were wiped out by remaining Imperial forces at some point between the end of Jedi and the ST era? What, if anything, do you think will become of the Ewoks in the ST?

If they do appear, would such a nod to the OT be that one thing people do or don't like? Think about it, what would your reaction be at the first sight of an Ewok at any point during the ST?

2. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007
    It's a bit silly, but I'd honestly get a kick out of seeing an Ewok as an Easter egg in the background of a Resistance scene or something. Just to suggest that maybe one or two were curious enough to go off-world.

3. Rey771

Rey771 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 10, 2015
    Kennedy was asked about this and didn't seem all that hot on the idea going by her response.

Kotaku: In yesterday’s kick-off meeting, you joked that Jar-Jar does not come back. On that note, will Boba Fett come back? Also, is there a possibility of Ewok re-appearance?

Kennedy: Don’t worry: Boba Fett is a high priority among our list, please wait. But seeing how the Ewoks could return is a little harder to imagine. It is quite difficult to give the many stars of Star Wars their own stories on film.

http://www.starwarsunderworld.com/2015/05/daisy-ridley-and-kathleen-kennedy-talk.html

Basically sounds like a nice way of saying "nope". I don't want Ewoks anyway.

4. Bazookaleffe

Bazookaleffe Jedi Master star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    I think there is a posibility that we'll see Kylo Ren slaughter a couple of Ewoks in TFA, after all he's gonna find Vader's helmet.

Sounds like Kathleen misinterpret the question.

5. MotherNature's SilverSeed

MotherNature's SilverSeed Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2013
  6. Spy Vs Dog

Spy Vs Dog Jedi Master star 3

Jan 25, 2004
    Eh, the Ewoks don't seem to be a space-faring sort of people. Apart from the unlikely chance they show Kylo Ren on the Sanctuary Moon to get the helmet, there's probably not much chance the Ewoks return. And even then it's probably not happening.

I never had a problem with them but I see no reason to include them. It's a huge galaxy anyway.

7. Rey771

Rey771 Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 10, 2015

I think she understood just fine.

8. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Not unless they go back to Endor, I suppose.

9. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    I hope they do flashback to Endor when the villains take Vader's remains and with that we get Warwick as Wicket again or maybe Wicket after VI went with Leia and became her right hand Ewok.:D

Rellum Kire and JEDI-RISING like this.
  10. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    How have you all not guessed that it will be Supreme Leader Snoke? Found that crazy burnt armor and a red lightsaber while foraging on Endor and turned to the Dark Side. Well, either that or he is actually Cindel.

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Kettch easter egg?! Yes, please! :D

I think it would be difficult to work in some Ewoks, I wouldn't object to it, but I think they'll be focusing more on new species (other than the ones that are major characters).

12. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Ewoks should get their own Anthology film done by Pixar set a couple of decades before ROTJ.

13. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004

I can see that happening.

EDIT: Or is that just the 80's child in me? What relevance do ewoks have to the... whatever this generation of kids is called... teeners?

14. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Now that I think about it, Ewoks are featured prominently in Lego Star Wars: Droid Tales, so maybe thats how they're doing away with them.

I would say "post-Millennial" to describe the generation born in the 2000s and later.

15. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'd get a real kick out of it. Also, Ewok Adventure 3 should be a Disney priority.

bstnsx704 likes this.
  16. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    No Ewoks please,I think that we have enough comic relief with all these droids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

17. Schwarma

Schwarma Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 30, 2012
    I'd like to see an ewok like Treek from SWTOR. But not lots of them.

18. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    Sith Ewok, I keep telling people but they don't want to listen!

19. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I'd be fine with it. :)

Ewok Poet and Darkslayer like this.
  20. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I wouldn't mind seeing Wicket. He really bonded with Leia. Maybe he left with her?

Rellum Kire likes this.
  21. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Opening scroll.
    Camera pans thru space....
    .... to show The Death Star.
    It explodes.
    Ewoks Celebrating.
    A funeral pire.
    Darths helmet lying on the ground.
    The noise of celebration fades to the sounds of the forest.
    A gloved hand reaches in for the helmet.

Jangounchained1990 likes this.
  22. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    I know in the Dark Empire comics they had some Ewoks fighting in the battle with the rebels. I know that is EU and legends and what not. But it wouldn't be to far out of the realm of impossibility to have had some Ewoks join with the rebels and go to other planets with them?

I don't care either way. I think they will leave them in ROTJ.

23. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Well, after the Ewoks generously served their Rebel Alliance friends members of the conquered Imperial forces for their celebratory dinner and turned their heads into drums, I could see why the New Republic at large is no longer directly associated with these Lord of the Flies "Resistance" savages. The Ewoks are the best friends these Flight 571 maniacs have, at this point. I hope they directly follow ROTJ in TFA and have the Resistance troops attacking the First Order with their teeth.

Rabs and LANDO_ROCKS like this.
  24. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Racist

25. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i want to see Wicket and jar jar as old men hanging out on a park bench.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.