main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Ewoks in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by MotivateR5D4, Aug 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    feeding bits of copper wire to mynocks.

Siphonophore, GregMcP and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Jar Jar and the Ewoks: A Star Wars Story

Darkslayer likes this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014

Why not one to two thousand? People seem to forget that they're intelligent and quick learners.

my kind of scum and GregMcP like this.
  4. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015

Getting into the air ducts of a Star Destroyer. Feeding on unsuspecting naval officers.

5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    The eating people (and machines) thing was a dark side religious ritual only. They eat chicken, boar-type of animals, forage for berries and harvest their own crops. It's so normal that it's boring. XD

And your post reminds me of that Star Wars tales comic, What They Called Me.

Iron_lord likes this.
  6. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    I know that's the official line, but there was plenty of suggestions otherwise.
    I expect this is an old topic.

I choose to believe the more gruesome version. It entertains me more.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
    Anyway, I hope there's a few out there in the Galaxy. The contact with Imperial and Rebel forces expanding their horizons. Perhaps an abandoned Imperial troop transport left behind after everyone has gone...

How cool would that Rogue One picture be with a mean looking Ewok holding a blaster in mix.
    Edit: okay the chronology is pretty messed up with that, I know

Ewok Poet likes this.
  8. BB-8

BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 1, 2015
    I would love to see some Ewoks. I'll dream of seeing an Ewok jedi, but can we at least get an Ewok X-Wing pilot? Bounty hunter? Smuggler?

my kind of scum and Ewok Poet like this.
  9. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Nah now I'm getting Statler and Waldorf vibes.

Wicket: Hey look at that ship flying away!

Jar Jar: Oh you mean like the audience right about now?

Both: Oh ho ho ho!

10. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    All I know is that I want to see an Ewok pilot. A la Kettch. When that happens, I can die happy.

my kind of scum likes this.
  11. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Wicket the Pirate.

One of Maz's pirate group.

ahahahahahha

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    I have no problem seeing an ewok, especially if he or she adapted and learned how to operate technology. I would love to see an Ewok become a Tarfang like badass/maniac.

13. GregMcP

Jul 7, 2015
  14. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I'm not itching for Ewoks, but I wouldn't mind seeing them again anyway. I've never had a problem with the concept of the Ewoks, just some of the execution. The silly contraptions they built were too much, IMO.

dekaneas likes this.
  15. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    Were catapults and booby traps silly when ancient humans built them?

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

16. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014

No, but they couldn't destroy tanks either. I was thinking more the ridiculous hang glider.

17. rumsmuggler

Aug 31, 2000
    I doubt ancient humans had many tanks to deal with, but I get your point.

18. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    In the superb '90's SW EU comic series Dark Empire I (1991-1992), there were some Ewoks briefly seen in some scenes, helping the Rebels fight against the Imperials. However, they were barely there & didn't really affect the storyline.

So, I guess I wouldn't mind seeing Ewoks in the ST - as long as they just had cameos - for example, in a crowd scene, in the background of a Rebel briefing scene, etc.

I think Abrams/Lflm./Disney is smart enough to not have Ewoks play a big role in the ST. They are fairly hated & maligned characters by many fans/non-fans of the films. In fact, I remember hearing somewhere that when the ROTJ SE came out in 1997, some people in the audience at the theater actually cheered when the Ewoks died during the Endor ground battle - LOL :D

19. BB-8

BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 1, 2015
    I mainly would just like to see them acknowledged and see examples that they've made their way into the larger galaxy and done alright for themselves. I think even the most cynical viewer would get a major kick out of seeing an Ewok X-Wing pilot.

I'm really not down with pandering to Ewok haters, nor do I think it's very "smart" to try and tailor Star Wars to those fans and viewers that colossally miss the point.

El_Machete12 and my kind of scum like this.
  20. snakeeyes74

snakeeyes74 Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2015
    My biggest fear is that they will be in the movie and slaughtered by Kylo Ren. If that happened my daughter will probably freak out crying and I will have to leave the theater! :)

21. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    I've mentioned this before on this board: It wasn't so much the Ewoks as a concept that I disliked, but more the way they were presented in ROTJ. I.e., most of them were cute, cuddly, stuffed-animal-like teddy bears. Conversely, if all of them were like the more savage-looking Ewoks (like a couple that snarled at Han after he fell from the trap), the movie would have been much improved.

As it stood, they were hard to take seriously due to their cute appearance...

However, are Ewoks still around during the ST time-frame? I seem to remember some kind of EU or maybe even fan-fiction that speculated that the Moon of Endor was rendered uninhabitable due to the remains of the Death Star falling on the planet & making it uninhabitable due to radiation?! That being said, I don't think this was canon...

22. BB-8

BB-8 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 1, 2015

Well, that was kind of the point, wasn't it? The Ewoks are the Hobbits of Star Wars- there to illustrate that even small, innocuous people can change the course of history. Besides, if some alien race came to our planet to conquer us with advanced weaponry, and they happened to think we look like adorable dolls their children play with...do you think that would stop us from fighting or have any bearing on our ability to do so?

El_Machete12 likes this.
  23. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    I would love to see an Ewok or two out and about in the galaxy. And yeah, an Ewok X-wing pilot would be the most amazing tip-of-the-hat ever...

El_Machete12 and BB-8 like this.
  24. LZM65

LZM65 Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 24, 2015
    No thanks. Let's keep the Ewoks where they belong . . . in "Return of the Jedi".

25. arjank

arjank Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2015
    Ewoks III: The Son of Gorax

or

Ewoks III: The Return of the mighty Gorax

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.