main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

CT Ewoks, yay or nay?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Chainmail_Jedi, Feb 11, 2013.

?

Ewoks, Yay or Nay?

1. Yay

67.9%
  2. Nay

34.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    From the perspective that "The Empire soldiers are better than they appear"- beefing up the Ewoks is a good thing- because it means the Empire's defeat isn't so embarrassing.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  2. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    lol I that one always makes me laugh too :)

Here's another fav:
    [​IMG]

EvilQ and Captain Tom Coughlin like this.
  3. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    That picture is great

4. EvilQ

EvilQ Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2013
    This one will probably get me banned. :p

[​IMG]

5. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Maybe it's just me- but the first thing that sprung to mind wasn't "Ew" but "Lightsabers don't work that way" ;)

6. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013

Yeah, I thought it would just cut through them and they would fall into the fire [face_laugh]

eht13 likes this.
  7. Zane the Reaper

Zane the Reaper Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    lol I love it

8. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Emperor Ferus likes this.
  9. EvilQ

EvilQ Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2013
    Like molten marshmallows tend to do.

10. Antlers

Antlers Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 30, 2012
    I've always enjoyed the Ewoks. That scene where one dies and his friend begins mourning over his body always gets to me no matter how often I see it!

Andy Wylde and FRAGWAGON like this.
  11. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    when that ewok died I cheered ! just wish more of 'em had copped it .

Yanksfan and KilroyMcFadden like this.
  12. Chainmail_Jedi

Chainmail_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 26, 2013
    ^^ that is awesome

13. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Ewoks are cool.

You know why? Cause they are teddy bears. :

14. Chewbacca89

Chewbacca89 Jedi Master star 5

Oct 25, 2012

Andy Wylde likes this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    -Yea or Nay?
    -Which one means yes?
    -Yea.
    -YEA!

Andy Wylde likes this.
  16. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    Emperor Ferus and V-2 like this.
  17. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm cool with the Ewoks. No real problems with them from me.

18. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    I'm honestly stumped as to why so many people hate the Ewoks....why is it such a stretch that short, furry, primitive Ewoks could defeat overly armoured, over confident soldiers in their natural habitat?

I mean didn't a short, green, primitive alien defeat a lot of the same troops single handed...I vote a big YAY for the Ewoks!!

Andy Wylde and Ewok Poet like this.
  19. Chainmail_Jedi

Jan 26, 2013
    that "primitive" alien was capable of levitating an X-Wing after being completely sunk in a swamp, and even more incredible stuff if you actually care about anything he probably does in the PT.

Ewoks, I despise those ****ers

20. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    That's my point...if Yoda was able to do all those things why couldn't the Ewoks win in their own backyard?...in every war there's always stories of smaller, less equipped troops defeating a stronger force!

Ewoks, I love those ****ers!

Andy Wylde likes this.
  21. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    They were the natives of the moon so I can't grumble. They are no way as annoying to me as Gungans.

The Ewoks were great and they did help bring down an Empire after all let's not forget...! And as we're proclaiming a love...

Ewoks, I love those ****ers!

22. Chainmail_Jedi

Jan 26, 2013
    The Ewoks weren't master of the Force, which is why it is fallible to compare them to Yoda, and it's why they shouldn't win in their backyard, at least against the Empire Elite Forces.

There was a fan-fic which redeemed this for me, though. In it, Vader really wanted to defeat the Emperor, so he switched out the Emperor's Elite Troops (without the Emperor knowing) with Troopers who hadn't even graduated basic training yet, or something like that.

Could you cite some of those stories? I guarantee you there is an advantage or circumstance regarding those troops which could not possibly be applied to the Ewoks.

23. Lars_Muul

Lars_Muul Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 2, 2000
    YAY!! Ewoks rule! They're small, they're fun, they live in trees... What's more, they're ferocious little buggers! They may not look like much, but they've sure got it where it counts. If you don't watch yourself, they might just tie you to a stick and roast you alive for dinner! Primitive FTW!
    My favorite ewok scene is the one where they sneak up on a couple of stormies and beat the living crap out of them. Badass!

- Go, I will. Good relations with the wookiees, I have.
    - Hurry up, will you? I haven't got all day!

/LM

Andy Wylde and FRAGWAGON like this.
  24. Darth Nerdling

Darth Nerdling Force Ghost star 4

Mar 20, 2013
    I think Wookiees should have been used in place of Ewoks. They even could have had Wicket in it still. Wicket could have been a young Wookie instead. That way little kids still would've had something to like. It would have been cool to see the Wookiees throwing around storm troopers and they would have been able to throw rocks at them that were big enough to actually hurt them!

It would've also added something to Chewie's storyline since Chewie and other Wookiees were used as slaves by the empire.

Plus, those Ewok movies would have been cooler and might have appealed to wider audiences if they were Wookie movies instead.

I think the argument that GL makes is silly when he says he couldn't have used Wookiees because Chewie shows us that we already know that Wookiees are a technological race. Chewie simply could've been a Wookiee who has been exposed to technology b/c of his relationship with Han, sort of like Tonto knows about Western technology b/c of his relationship with the Lone Ranger.

One thing I would add is that the Ewoks didn't really defeat the Empire, especially not in a head-on battle. 1st, they showed the rebels a backdoor entrance that was less heavily guarded. (The front had AT-ATs defending it and presumably that legion of the Emporer's best troops.) 2nd, they mostly distracted the Imperial troops as they scattered and the storm troopers were dumb enough to follow them. Without Han outsmarting the Imperials inside the station, the rebels could have never gotten inside, and without Chewie getting in an AT-ST, they wouldn't have even been able to take out all the other AT-ST's.

Pensive Padme likes this.
  25. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    First off the Emperor states that the Storm Troopers he has sent down is a Legion of his best and yet as soon as the fire fight starts they start running round like headless chickens, they don't once attempt to form a defensive line and continually run into each others fire lanes??? Even a primitive force like the Ewoks would have had little trouble picking off such a disorganised legion of men.

1. The Battle of Thermoplae shows that a much smaller (approx 12-1) force can withhold a larger invading force with the advantage of terrain, the Ewoks knew the battle field so well that they could attack and escape before the Imperials even knew what hit them.

2. Wasn't the Vietnam War a much larger version of the type of battle plan and tactics the Ewoks would have used.

3. Even the Battle of little Big Horn shows us what happens when a more 'technological' Army with way to much confidence in their own abilities takes an enemy way to lightly.....just like the Imperials they had a poorly executed plan and terrible leadership and just like the Native Americans the Ewoks would have taken advantage of this to win.

Andy Wylde likes this.