main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ex FF

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by epic , Feb 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    so there is the lovely mr. Rox who has orange and Lightsabre has black because FF rules state that ex's can choose a particular colour. (as opposed to the standard red for JC) -- this is for who? would, say, the main head dude for Oceania get to pick a particular colour? or just like the HEAD HEAD HEAD admin types?

forgive my destroying of the correct terminology but it's been awhile.

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    I think it depended on several factors.

Those that just needed to walk away were usually "rewarded" with the option to remain as VIPs and no colour restrictions. In recognition for their work.

Others I've known, when they stepped down the prevalent attitude was VIP red was the only option, and those that aren't red only were from before they enforced that particular rule. So therefore they now sport red.

Others still, stepped down and wanted no recognition, and are no longer VIPs.

I've seen it happen on both the FanForce and JC side as well.

3. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    but what is the differentation between someone who is allowed to choose, say, orange and someone who is forced to wear the standard red? just because they were offered the choice of colour before this new rule was stated? just a query, really.

as for the JC, all ex mods, admins, whoever must have red, unless they choose to go back to normal.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I"m not sure the exact history of it but RSAs/GSAs have always been allowed to to chose any color user name (aside from CR blue) as long as there's no background or border.

5. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Really?! I'm going to purple then!!!

6. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    as the very first RSA for Oceania, waaaay back when FF first started, i guess i am allowed to choose any colour, then, eh? i'd have to include ex RSA in my title, though, i suppose. which admin would i have to PM to change my title, though?

i'll probably just stay red though.

7. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Dajuan, MacCaffrey, any of the admins or managers could do it for you. (and most of the RSA's are managers now too so it shouldn't be too hard. :) )

8. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Done epic.

:)

9. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    thanks! one pedantic request, however: could you remove the capitalisation in the Ex's? the lower case thing is my schtick!

also: once someone picks a colour, say, orange, can this person change it at some point? or is it one colour for life?

10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Changing the title now. You can change the color if you want, doesn't have to stay say orange forever.

11. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    lol...I think I know the real history behind this "policy", but to explain it would probably ruin it for everyone.

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Now I wanna know Seb! Spill it.

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Catch me on MSN or AIM sometime, and I will. ;) Probalby not as funny as I think it is.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    My sense of humor is off enough that it might amuse me just as much. I'll see you on MSN sometime soon (don't know your AIM).

15. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Seb, now you have to tell all of us, dammit!

16. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I wanna know to.

17. epic

Jul 4, 1999
    yeah, you can't be just dangling that nugget of info and then not going through with it!

i may go black at some point today. i can't believe i could have been black or pink or something for like the last 2 years!

18. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Wow. Learned something there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.