main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Ex-LucasFilm employee leaks next animated?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Why would they not? I mean, just because two people are in love, doesn't mean they have to have children and, if it turns out they did know that it wasn't possible to have children together, I don't see any reason to think that would have much bearing on their feelings for one another. Moreover, TCW finished before it had a chance to introduce a 'love story' between Ahsoka and Lux (just an unstated attraction), and based upon the pages shown, we have no way of knowing who the parents would be for sure, anyway (even if it does seem pretty obvious). :)

Inter-breeding between species may, or may not be possible in the GFFA (I don't know enough about the subject to say, either way), but I certainly feel that it begs the question.

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  2. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Battle Droids were not well recieved. Everyone liked the Droidekas and Magnaguard and Spider Droids.

Droids are important because in a childrens show it is much easier to show a droid getting chopped up with a lightsaber, rather than a human being.

3. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Again, Disney is not going to pay 4 billion dollars for a property only to be constrained by the writings of Dave Wolverton, KJA, Mike Stackpole, Troy Denning, etc. And if you thought Uncle George and Dave Filoni were dismissive of EU canon with TCW, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Yancy

4. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I agree with all this, except for Lando having a daughter. That wouldn't faze me, one way or the other. Lando has a kid? Meh, okay, I guess. Like any other character, just make it work.

But the idea of Luke "The Shade" Skywalker making an impact in a galaxy wary of Force-users? Yes, please! Give me that (voiced by Mark Hamill), and a son for Luke in the ST, and I could die a happy Star Wars fan, indeed. :D

CaptainRegor likes this.
  5. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Well, sure it's possible. I'm asking if anyone with more knowledge on the subjuect has any notion of whether or not it's been shown as a possiblilty before?

The 'skeptical' quote was concerning the veracity of the leak, as a whole.

6. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I would agree with anyone who says that an IMDB poster isn't a valid source of information. Anyone could just BS some background that makes it look like he's a LFL employee and post nonsense. Even if it's not, I will also point to the fact the draft was written in November and it's almost certain that it has changed now.

7. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    Togruta are humanoid, I would think it's entirely possible. Yet, I can not grasp why a leaked proposal would be taken so literally, or why people would even raise the issue of Ahsoka and Lux having children???

8. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Maybe because you're bringing it up again?

Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  9. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Sounds terrible

Darth_Zandalor likes this.
  10. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Speaking personally, I don't think there'a anywhere near enough info to take this without the largest grain of salt imaginable. That said, the identity of a character named "Sky Bonteri" certainly implies a child of Lux and Ahsoka as one of it's possibilities, no?

11. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    Yes and no. Yes, it's a possibility to deduce that Sky would be an offspring, yet isn't it more logical to not take every detail so literally, such as Aoka being male, etc. and instead deduce that Sky = Lux and Aoka = Ahsoka? As I said, as pseudonyms?

12. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Do people forget that Ahsoka is an alien? :confused:

13. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    I don't know that concluding that Sky = Lux and Aoka = Ahsoka is any more or less realistic than any other supposition at this point. Just not enough to go on.

That said, for all we know, though, this whole thing could be bogus.

edit: It just hit me that in order for Sky=Lux, Lux would have to suddenly be found to have been Force sensitive (which I really wouldn't like to see happen so late in the game) and also to have run away from home to join the Jedi (what 'home' would he be running from?). That and Aoka is decribed as male.

Either way though, yeah, much too soon to say.

14. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    As I mentioned, I'm not even sure it would be considered possible for humans and Togruta to breed.

15. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Filoni is smiling somewhere...

16. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Trans-species couples are no stranger to the Star Wars Universe. Remember Cut and Suu Lawquane? Or Ziro and Sy Snootles? It's been confirmed that Zabraks and Humans and Twi'Leks and Humans can have offspring, so why not Togrutas and Humans?

17. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    I agree that the whole thing could be bogus, yet I wouldn't put it past them to have an intelligent team of people dedicated to "fishing" possible story lines out to the fan-base to test us for our reactions.

18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    From what the OP said on IMDB, this might not even be the same project they are currently working on currently for an animated series.

19. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Because the trans-species couples have only been introduced in TCW. A terrible, terrible idea.

20. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    You mean trans-species offspring, do you not? And what makes it such a terrible idea?

21. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Hang on just a dang second...

Chrelyth...where have we heard that name before...oh wait

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Chrelythiumn_system

That's where Mortis is. ;)

22. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Whoa, I meant trans-species, no offense to those who mistook what I wrote. In the movies and the EU, there were no mixed-breed species. It makes absolutely no sense to fit into the universe. And I would assume it would be impossible to have children when you are a different species (like in real life.)

23. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    Not true:
    http://rafonda.com/interbreeding_between_species.html

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/bio99/bio99980.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hybrid_(biology)

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  24. Trebor Sabreon

Sep 15, 2010
    Wait, I thought it was established that Cut was the step-father to Suu's children, as the age of the kids otherwise wouldn't make any sense? And Ziro and Sy (so far as we know, anyway) had no children.

25. Garrett Atkins

Feb 11, 2013
    Seninent Species. And did you read the rest of my post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.