main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Ex-LucasFilm employee leaks next animated?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GGrievous

GGrievous Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 6, 2005
    Let's keep bad fanfiction and weird fantasies out of SW. kthx

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  2. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    I wish I didn't remember Ziro and Sy Snootles... imagine what their kids would look like! *Shudders*

3. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    I don't know about the former, but it has been confirmed that the children are Human-Twi'Lek hybrids.

And I only brought up the latter for comedic effect.

4. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    Either way, TCW is G-Level canon and it has been established that different species can interbreed in the SW universe.

5. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    T-Canon

K'Kruhk and Darth_Zandalor like this.
  6. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Very good point. I guess the other option would be to go with monsters, but monsters don't fit as well with the star wars verse, at least as military opponents.

7. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    I didn't know about the confirmation. Thanks.

Darth_Quintonis
    TCW is considered 'T-canon.'

edit: GG beat me to it with the T-canon thing.

8. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    [​IMG] Don't worry, I have word that Disney is fully-operational.

Darth_Quintonis likes this.
  9. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    Which is subjective, according to Chee. I'll give you that, in many people's eyes I stand corrected and that TCW is "T-Level", yet since George Lucas produced and approved of everything in TCW, I personally consider TCW G-Level. You don't have to agree.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    That's not even an issue compared to the other problems with the idea of an Ahsoka/Lux offspring.

11. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    What are the other problems?

12. GGrievous

Nov 6, 2005
    No it's not. If the levels of continuity are confirmed, then it's T-Canon. It's a fact and not that hard to understand.

K'Kruhk likes this.
  13. Darth_Quintonis

Mar 31, 2013
    I'll email Chee myself and ask him how he came up with T-Canon as a distinction, besides what I have already read elsewhere. In the mean time, you don't have to agree with my highly subjective opinion that TCW is G-canon. Besides, a discussion about canonicity is WAY off topic here, therefore, I am done.

14. Original Oatmeal

Original Oatmeal Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 22, 2013
    Luke Skywalker fakes his death like Jason Borne (Matt Damon) did in the film Borne Ultimatum. Luke is now known as the Shade. Either Luke conceals his identity from the mass population of the galaxy or Luke goes off into exile. I favor Luke hiding behind the guise of the "Shade" over being in absolute exile. But being in exile is better than simply running around telling everybody that he is a jedi because the galaxy may not be ready yet to trust jedi again.

Droids coming out of the ground made me think about the film with Tom Cruise where aliens came out of the earth. I love surprises. Nobody knew about the secret clone army until AOTC and there may be other secrets to be revealed like droids deep inside this one centered planet of the galaxy. Having secret surviving jedi sounds intriguing enough for me to want to learn more about them. Yoda and Kenobi thought they were the only last 2 jedi but they do not know everything. Anybody related to Ahsoka would be neat to see. Some of the Imperial Leaders had integrity and did rebel against the Empire. The Rebel Alliance were not the only rebels. The Emperor replaced the Clone Troopers with the Storm Troopers for reasons. I do want to see Death Watch, bounty hunters, jedi, sith, the Hutts, Black Sun, drug lords, Empire Remnants, regular people, bad people, good people, aliens, love, mystery, comedy, old characters, new characters, force ghosts, the Shade for sure.

The Shade makes me think of Solid Snake from the Metal Gear Solid video games.

Being dressed in black, people may mistake the Shade for Darth Vader...... "Ahhhh, stop hiting me, I am not Vader... Vader was my father..."

"What did you say?" Shade replies, "Ummmm, so hows the weather..." and he goes runs off with Force Speed.

What else should they call possible animated or live-action series that could bridge the OT with the ST?

15. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    If this is real it's going to suck so bad it's unbelievable.

If they're going to pay lip service to the TT by having a Chiss be the ruler of the Empire, why not just suck it up and have it actually be Thrawn? Don't half-ass it like that.

Droids marching up out of the underground. Please no. When I started reading about the "dark secret lying under Coruscant" I got momentarily excited and thought maybe it would be the Lusankya. No such luck. Droids have been done and done and done through all three PT movies and TCW and they're just bad. The only way the droid attack storyline could redeem itself is if it were in fact to be IG-88's rebellion, with IG-88 at the head of it.

If they want to do something interesting with droids, they should introduce HRD's into onscreen canon.

Sky Bonteri. Please no. He's called Bonteri and he's a Jedi... So one of his parents was named Bonteri, and one of them was a Jedi... oh whoever could that be. :rolleyes: Ugh. Y'know people sometimes criticize SW for being less scientific and more fantastical and calling itself sci-fi... but one of the few areas it's always remained pretty solid on is that humans and aliens can't have kids. Other supposedly more "hard" sci-fi has humans and aliens having kids all the time. Spock, or the half Klingon engineer from Voyager, you name it. But SW always seemed to imply that that wouldn't work - as it assuredly wouldn't in real life, if these aliens actually existed. That they are humanoid and somewhat resemble humans is an example of what's known as convergent evolution. But at the genetic level they should be further away from humans than oak trees. I really hope they don't go down that route.

spicer likes this.
  16. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    Cant help thinking the shade is batman

17. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    That did make me laugh out loud. Thanks. :)

the-jedi-prince likes this.
  18. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Seriously? Some of the ideas in here aren't half bad, like Leia having troubles because her heritage, the Jedi being disliked and Luke being a shadow figure. It's what they call conflict.

Probably because Thrawn is/was still a bad guy (plunging the galaxy into war and all) and this president seems more like a good guy. Instead of invading the galaxy and causing havoc he chose to make peace talks with the republic and generally wanted peace in the galaxy. Good guy behavior.

19. AkashKedavra_93

AkashKedavra_93 Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 8, 2011
    It was fine until the droid stuff, what the **** is that about?

spicer and Darth_Pevra like this.
  20. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    Rystall Sant was in teh movies, and she was half human, half Theelix.

21. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    Some of these ideas aren't so bad. The story-writers behind the show are trying to introduce some shades of grey while also exploring anti-Jedi hostility, something I think should happen more often. Furthermore, this Chiss President is actually quite intriguing. However, I hope there's a "catch", so to speak, about these droids. What makes them different from Seperatist droids? What do they aim to do? I hope they have clearly defined goals and something that separates this enemy from previous enemies in the Star Wars Saga.

Of course, its possible that none of this is true. But if it is, I won't be dreading the show's premiere. My opinion on it is ambivalent; I see in the story both positives and negatives.

22. Miras-Etrin

Miras-Etrin Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2013
    Political situation is definitely interesting, but I don´t know if the same can be said about the threat since self-replicating droids sound like cross between opposite of Yuzhaan Vong and some Super Sentai monster of the week. However, I wonder who could be behind them... Main characters sound as very generic cartoon figures, but this (if true) was probably very early stage anyway. As an introduction to new trilogy, it could be incredible!

black_saber likes this.
  23. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    I find the idea of self-replicating droids intriguing and new Star Wars tech is good Star Wars tech. The problem with the Yuuzhan Vong was that the writers of the New Jedi Order series took the whole biotech aspect of their culture WAY too far, to the point where the authors of the NJO seemed to be shoving it down our throats.

Also, I do like the idea of Luke Skywalker aka "the Shade" not being aligned with either side. I think Luke Skywalker is the type of guy that would go against both sides of a major conflict if neither was aligned with his ideals. For all we know, the Republic in this series, if it ever comes, could be just as bad as the Imperial Remnant.

24. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    My theory is this: The Emperor ordered those droids to be made sometime towards the end of the Empire as *insurance* in the highly unlikely case the Rebellion wins. If that's the case, I could get behind it.

25. Darth__Syphilis

Darth__Syphilis Jedi Master star 1

Nov 26, 2010
    I'm sorry, this looks like five flavors of poodoo.

SuperShadow strikes again?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.