main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TV Discussion Ex-LucasFilm employee leaks next animated?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by KED12345, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. the-jedi-prince

the-jedi-prince Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2011
    Thats why i think it could be legit
    I remember the first time i read about general grievous and thought 4 arms, that cant be right

2. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    That's why I'm always a little hesitant to call BS on these kinds of things.

When I hear that Maul is going to appear in a crystal ball and has a brother with a name like "Savage Oppress," and that there's a General named "Grievous" that uses four lightsabers... Or that the villains in TPM are going to be a Trade cartel blockading a planet over taxation... It just sounds so, so terrible on paper, but they all turned out to be real and in some cases it just worked. And my understanding is that Star Wars was like that from the beginning, with people like Kenny Baker saying that they all thought it was just going to be some kids movie, then becomes a phenomenon.

3. Zer0

Zer0 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Uh, this must be fake, it's so horrid.

4. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    So.....does this leak contradict the EU?

Lazy Storm Trooper likes this.
  5. The Shadow Emperor

The Shadow Emperor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 29, 2012
    Yes. And like I've been saying for the past few months, anyone who thinks Disney and Lucasfilm aren't going to steamroll the post-RotJ EU is out of their mind.

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I think it actually sounds legit, TBH. Legit in the sense that it was an idea doing the rounds. Doesn’t mean it was the idea that was chosen. Maybe it was, maybe it wasn't. We'll see if TFN is forced to take this down in a few days. If it stays, then we can pretty much assume its rubbish.

7. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    If Lucas himself didn't care about continuity with licensed works, why would Disney care? If they reboot the EU and keep licensed materials more in line with the films and do not allow them to wander off into time periods not yet explored, then maybe they could create a new continuity. But as it stands, I have no expectation that the Sequel Trilogy and whatever tieins it has (including a possible TV series) will respect the continuity of existing licensed works.

CaptainRegor and Sgt Crowfield like this.
  8. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    The realist in me knows that Disney are likely to override the current post-ROTJ EU, however unnecessary I feel that is. The big question for me is: does that mean they're going to abandon those characters that I've grown to love? Ben, Jaina, Tahiri, the Lost Tribe. I hope that we can see this storyline continued in the novels, which let's be honest, are a different audience with different expectations than the average movie-goer.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    To TaradosGon:

Many Star Wars fans have watched TCW, myself included.

There was no mention of Luke committing terrorist acts. He may lead attacks against both the Republic and the Imperial Remnant when their actions might harm innocents but as the Shade's description said, he never harms "a soul."

Sure, why not? Seems like the smart thing for them to do.

Just because they mimic New Republic customs doesn't mean that they have to emulate them completely. The Imperials may still advocate imperialism and anti-Force hostility but may also realize that there needs to be some compromise if they want to remain in power. It's just political realism. Also, even the Republic is skeptical about the Imperial presidential elections.

Coruscant is a big place and it could be said that not everyone was throwing a party when the Imperials lost at Endor.

TreborSabreon likes this.
  10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There's a thread in Lit about that, about two different storylines for future EU--the books that continue the EU we have so far, and the books that continue the Disney sequels.

07jonesj likes this.
  11. TaradosGon

Feb 28, 2003
    I think it can be safely assumed that of the millions of people worldwide that have seen Star Wars, only a fraction of that watched TCW. Some will watch Star Wars, regardless of how it is, because it's Star Wars. Those are the kinds of people that come here (and even then, there are many Star Wars fans here who did not stick with it). There are many more "casual fans" that likely would never have given it a shot after the TCW film's bad ratings, because they are not that devoted.

Nobody has to die as a result of a terrorist act. Sabotage can be regarded as terrorism. He is apparently attacking both sides for whatever reason. I.E. behaving aggressively and trying to coerce both sides to stop whatever they are doing. Say Barriss put a bomb in an area of the Jedi Temple in which she knew nobody would get hurt and nobody died, she could still be said to be a terrorist.

They would be tried for their crimes or at the very least ousted from government. Those individuals were the means by which great atrocities occurred, and "just following orders" is no excuse. Whatever individuals were trying to willingly side with the Imperial remnant would likely be Imperial aristocrats trying to hold onto power, not the terrorized masses giving reformed Space-Nazis a second chance.

Yeah, the people on Palpatine's payroll and in positions of power were probably running and hiding and wetting themselves. Joe Blow average citizen was likely celebrating at being free of oppression and having planet destroying space stations out and about in the galaxy.

12. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    Yeah, I've seen it.

I tend to do more reading than posting in Lit, though I do step in to give my two cents occasionally.

13. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    Bah...spent most of the day at a symposium and I end up missing a 5 page explosion of new (unsubstantiated) information.

Well, my thoughts on this rumor, the veracity of which is still yet to be determined...

I find the premise of this new show promising, and it appears to be highly derivative of some post-RotJ works like the Thrawn trilogy and even TCW, what with the not-so-subtle names of Sky Bonteri and Evyn Aoka o_O. Anyways, I don't take Bonteri to literally be the child of Ahsoka and Lux (that would be lame). Evidently descended from the Mina Bonteri bloodline, and possibly of Lux himself, but unless he's depicted as a sort of human-Togruta hybrid, I'll assume he's simply a human. This naming convention is probably there to appease TCW fans, as a sort of shout-out to the now-cancelled series.

These dark droids ascending from the depths of Coruscant seem like it can have great potential to be intriguing. Someone mentioned von Neumann machines; self-replicating robots could be a truly dangerous and menacing adversary if portrayed properly. I'm getting a lot of Ahsoka finale arc vibes, what with Coruscant Level 1313 being mentioned and the whole droid thing (nanodroid factory anyone?).

The whole Imperial Loyalists faction is interesting, but if this President Zel-Quul (an obvious reference to Grand Admiral Thrawn) is supposed to be far more benevolent than his predecessors, why is it that his organization seems unwilling to join with the fledgling New Republic? There are tenuous peace talks, to be sure, but I'm getting some PT-era Republic and CIS prior to the Clone Wars vibes. I appreciate the EU references, but could they not incorporate some EU characters from the New Republic era that weren't in the OT or PT?

I like the premise of this new Mandolorian character, should be interesting. Wonder if he has any connection whatsoever to post-RotJ Boba Fett? Also, this mysterious "Shade" vigilant kinda reminds me of Archangel from the Mass Effect 2, a shadowy Robin Hood-type crime-fighter. Though it's pretty obvious who this person most likely is...

As others have said, it appears the post-RotJ EU is going to get steamrolled, at least to a significant extent. I figured this would be inevitable. The story summaries have both fascinating and cringe-worthy characters and plots, but until it shows up on screen, I'll keep an open mind. It's all about the execution. Like TaradosGon mentioned, the whole premise of Maul returning was definitely strange, to say the least, but the way it was executed onscreen, and the awesome arcs that came out of it, made it well worth it. This could be the case too. But we will have to wait and see if this news has any truth to it. It might simply be a draft that ultimately gets scrapped due to the layoffs, or Disney can roll with it but choose to make some major changes to the extent that it's almost unrecognizable when the show finally premiers. It's still always fun to speculate.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I hope that's not really for the new series because as I said in another thread I think we'll be getting plenty of ST-era stuff in the future so I'd look to put off the start of that for as long as possible and get other stuff while we can.

15. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    If you count the negative and cynical posts around here, the ratio is about 3,720 to 1. [face_sigh]

KED12345 likes this.
  16. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    If this is true, then I'm glad they got fired.

17. Garrett Atkins

Garrett Atkins Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 11, 2013
    Hopefully Dave Filoni.

18. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm pretty sure it was confirmed that Filoni is working on the new animated show, whether it's this script or something different.

19. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    The premise of it could be pretty good if it were brushed up on. (various characters from different backgrounds dealing with the aftermath of the fall of the Galactic Empire). I mean that could be pretty damn interesting(well at least for me since I love post WWII history.:p)

But some of it sounds like bad fan-fiction. Ahsoka and Lux's son and Lando's bastard kid......seriously?:rolleyes:

TreborSabreon likes this.
  20. Darth_Zandalor

Darth_Zandalor Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2009
    And you should feel terrible for that. Meanwhile I'll point out my own reaction. It's in the picture, over there on the left.
    <----- This one.

cdgodin and ImNotAStarWarsFanboy like this.
  21. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    The one thing I like about it is that it has a Batman Beyond vibe, taking place years after TCW and continuing certain story elements. Not a fan of the name "Sky", but I like how the idea of the character could fill in the gaps of what happened to Ahsoka and Lux and perhaps they could even have story arcs that expand on her past (and maybe even brings her back?).

22. Game3525

Game3525 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 25, 2008
    Oh and I hate the idea of there being other Jedi if Luke is going underground. If this is the case, Luke should be the only trained Force-User......I hated when the EU had several Jedi survive the purge and this is just as bad.

kubricklynch likes this.
  23. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    Why should I feel terrible for that?

24. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men? The Shade knows.........

25. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I have this funny imagine of Coruscant just opening up with volcanic fissures and these demon droids crawling out like damn War of The Worlds. Then I realized yeah its more like Batman Beyond myself when I read the outline thing. Shade/ Luke does sound a bit like Batman. Dated November 2012? What exactly would that date be for? I wonder if this could have been far along enough by Feb for the recording session tweeted by Stephen Stanton. I'm not gonna call BS right away since anything happen but I'm very skeptical. The thing mentions this is on hold anyways because of the layoff so this sounds almost dead in the water right now if it is real.

Still, there isn't much else to talk about so...

As for the content. It sounds like it would be action packed and have some intrigue. Self replicating droids does remind me of the Droid arc and the stab it took at the philosophy of what it means to be sentient. Once again reminds me of the anime Casshern Sins. This has a much stronger Sci-Fi vibe on the surface than the space opera fantasy Star Wars is more like. Interesting mix of characters. Sky Bonteri would almost certainly be the product of Luxoka. I think this person would be named after 'Skyguy' because it sounds to linear to be random Joe Bonteri in the bloodline found himself a Jedi wife and they named their kid after Luke. How romantic, they found them each other and realized they had feelings for one another after all (barf). Apparently human and alien hybrids happen. Cutsuu, I don't think Cut is the biological dad to Jek and Shaeeah however I think Suu has a thing for humans and they are from a previous relationship with a human. Jek really looks like a mutt. I don't find that sort of thing to be that unlikely with the human looking aliens. However hybridization ldoes come with serious consequences IRL so I'm glad SW universe ignores those.

This brings me back to one concern I have. Shade appears to be Luke with an astromech sidekick. But are we sure? I don't see this person's gender mentioned which is kinda unfortunate. A certain character possibly being frozen comes to mind.

[​IMG]

I find it kinda funny the premise its mentioned they are going to lure more 18-48 year olds or whatever by way of the OT.

Circular_Logic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.