main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends ~Exactly the Right Time!~ Luke, some thoughts.. (Shakespeare Quotations Roulette )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by verybusy, Apr 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    [face_thinking] Okay folks, I got the 1 Million Dollar quote... and I always wanted to write a sequel to There Is Still Time To Back Out?.. . So here we go ...

Anyway, please be kind this was not proofread, but I am just too impatiend to wait with posting this until I am beck from vacation on Tuesday ...[face_blush]

[b]Title:[/b] Exactly the Right Time!
    [b]Author:[/b] VeryBusy
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] Union Comics
    [b]Characters:[/b] Luke
    [b]Genre:[/b] Romance (some missing thoughts)
    [b]Summary:[/b] Response to the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/fan_fiction_resource/b10304/26377854/p1/?63]The Shakespeare Quotations Roulette [/link] challenge.
    Luke contemplates a special remark form one of his friends?.

[b]My quote:

[color=crimson]Imagination of some great exploit Drives him beyond the bounds of patience.
    Northumberland, King Henry IV Part 1 Act 1[/color][/b]

?You really proposed to her before you even kissed? Didn?t you know you are already considered a hero, no need to rush into anything just to add another exploit to the tales of Luke Skywalker??

I am not sure why this is bothering me right now. People are talking a lot these days anyway and I cannot even recall who of my close friends made this remark during the party last night.
    I know it was meant as a friendly joke, but?. Although I am unable to recall the voice the sentence is still ringing in my ears.

[i]No matter who it was, why did he say this now?[/i]

Well, I should not worry about things like this at all.

[i]Mara said YES, and this is all that counts![/i]

These kinds of thoughts really do not fit to the image of a placid Jedi Master.
    It is two hours before the Jedi ceremony is going to start and I should be looking forward to make this official.
    In fact I do, and I know Mara does as well, even if I can feel her anxiety right now.

I know everyone who is close to us, is happy about our decision. They like to tease us of course but mostly about the fact that it took us so long to realize that we belong to each other while it was obvious to everyone else.

So this funny remark was probably from Lando?. Mara must have beaten him enough in the past?

I doubt that he is really bothered though? of course this announcement wasn?t any ego-boost for him, but he is usually above such things... he just likes to tease.

[i]So why is this joke about a kiss that was not given suddenly bothering me?[/i]

Okay ? we really have skipped the whole Dating/Courtship thing and went from having a rather complicated friendship to a full blown romantic relationship ? marriage and vows ?until death will take us apart? included - in about a heartbeat.

[i]So is this remark reflecting what our friends really think lately? [/i]

I have given up listening to the public ? I swear? I am really above those things ? and with our decision to have two separate ceremonies - one in order to establish our bond in the force and one more traditional one for the crowd - we should manage it to let this official wedding appear fairly normal to the media.

[i]? But I surely do not want to cheat on my friends, the same as I do not want them cheating on me. [/i]

I just wished that any of the Jedi relaxation techniques would work now, but I guess there is no training that could have prepared me for this.
    My bond to Mara will be made officially in not even two hours and nothing helps to get rid of the knot I currently feel in my stomach.

Don?t get me wrong? I am not afraid, I don?t have any second thoughts, I don?t want to delay it?. I want it to happen, I need it to happen, I crave to make my vows now in front of the Jedi community.

[i]This will be forever and I want forever to start as soon as possible.[/i]

There is no way to deny it; nothing will calm me down enough to use the force in order to seek for the true feelings of my friends when it comes to this bond.

They say they have seen this coming, they say this was inevitable

2. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    Isn?t the story of Luke Skywalker the tale of a man who always struggled with his patience ? especially when it came to his own abilities ? and who was so eager to save the whole galaxy that he nearly sacrificed everything he was fighting for in the process?

Considering this background wasn?t the way I proposed just typical for me? Knowing that she loved me ? a miracle to me still ? made me forget all cautiousness, just because I wanted to ensure that we both died knowing that we belong together forever?

Oh, that is so perfect! [face_love] =D= [face_love] Perfectly our Luke there. I really like how you put that, gal. Great little vig!! :D

3. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Verybusy-- [:D] I squeed when I saw you were the author. :D :D Love Luke's thoughts. Of course they didn't have to go about it the conventional way [face_laugh] Skip all the prelims. They're soulmates and now they know it, too. [face_love] [face_love] [face_love] [face_dancing] Whee!!

4. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Great response to the challenge! You captured Luke so well!

Bravo! =D=

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Absolutely wonderful! :D

But is this the right time?

Is this the right place show that much heroism?

I guess not; I can still feel Mara?s anxiety through the force, if I can?t feel anything else, she will be a part of me forever.

Waiting is driving her crazy, so I?d better go and distract her a bit before the ceremony is going to start?.

Maybe a kiss will help to keep all demons in check!

This is no great exploit, but patience wouldn?t be either? this is just the right time for some action

=D=

6. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    Wow, very fun to read. I really enjoyed this! What a great response to the Challenge, and as a bonus, it even fits Luke perfectly! :D

7. verybusy

verybusy Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 18, 2006
    So I finally made it back from the long easter weekend! :D

ginchy : I am glad you liked it! [:D] It was just irresistible, I knew I had to write this when I received my quote!;)

Jade_eyes :Aaaaawwwww! ;) Well the shoes are still working! ... and I love to write Luke, although I am always scared if I am going to get the character right!

Jade_Pilot : Thanks! [face_blush] I wasn't sure about getting this right at first.... [face_blush]

VaderLVR64 :[face_batting] Thanks! I just love to write Luke rambling like this![face_batting]

SabyneAmberle : [face_batting] Thanks for that challenge and for that great quote! I am glad to see you had fun.[:D]

Cheers,

VeryBusy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.