main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Examiner.com Reports Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher returning as Luke and Leia in 'Star Wars VII'

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by gambit420, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    ROFLOL if you're joking
    *facepalm* if you're serious

2. stormcloud8

stormcloud8 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    supershadow, is that you?

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    :D[face_laugh][face_rofl] Oh give me a break!!! Are those the same sources who told you that Mace Windu would be masquerading as C-3PO?

TreborSabreon likes this.
  4. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    When Mickey Suttle speaks, truth is the only alternative.
    [​IMG]

5. Braxus

Braxus Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2001
    Actually no. The Mace/3PO angle was something I came up with myself way before the ROTS-script leaked. It still works since Windu's body never showed up.

6. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    So you're "sources" are telling you that Episode VII is set soon after ROTJ with a CGI Luke Skywalker and Mark Hamill in a small cameo as a totally unrelated character? I would double check these "sources" because that is a putrid excuse for an idea. Maybe they're from 20th Century Fox. ;)

7. Braxus

Braxus Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2001
    Correct.

8. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    I don't think these kind of expactations are realistic. If the big three is coming back it's in a cameo sort of role. I do not believe they'll be main characters in this new trilogy. In my opinion, they'll hand over the flame to new characters perhaps even their own children. With their apparition, the transition OT-Episode VII is much more credible.

9. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Thats pretty much what I expect. Them being supporting roles to hand over the series. Coarse I do see some weird suggestions *like have VII be all about the OT with no new cast, and then introduce the new cast in VIII which would kinda make VII pointless*. In a way it makes me feel even worse for the new cast because at the panels, most fans will be asking questions to the OT instead of them. Its kind of obvious that primary fan focus will be on the OT. But whatev...if the ST cast does a good job then that will probably change ;)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. P.Sam

P.Sam Jedi Padawan star 1

May 31, 2011
    That depend, I mean we know nothing of the story right now let alone the main characters in it. I am quite convinced that we'll see a minimal contribution of Fisher, Ford and Hamill in Episode VII and if the new main characters are interesting, I don't see why the audience should not bound with them.

A good exemple is with the cameo of Leonard Nemoy in Abram's Star Trek. No doubt every fan was excited about that and looked forward to see Spock but it wasn't the only factor that made this film quite successful. I think it might be the same with the new SW film. It's just a big plus to have the big three for the continuity of the story and the transition towards what's next. I mean Episode VII with no Luke, Leia and Han at all looks a bit strange to me.

11. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Because if you have a panel that includes the Original star wars cast *Freaking Hamill and Ford!* and a bunch of new people, who do you think most fanboys are gunna want to talk to? A guy they never heard of/is new or a sci-fi icon who fans talk about 24/7?

12. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I really hope they cast some wonderful actors for the roles of the main characters because they are going to have a mighty challenge ahead of them to avoid being overshadowed by the original Big 3. I think it will be fine because I really think Lucas/Arndt are coming up with a fantastic script which will do justice to the Big 3 while at the same time creating compelling new heroes. I just can't wait for the behind the scenes material on the DVD so I can see what it was like when the new cast met the old cast. What a moment!

13. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I'm thinking they'll have medium to large co-starring roles with the new stars during EPVII, involving some sort of tragedy. Followed by smaller, supporting roles in further episodes.

The obvious route ;)

14. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I agree. I see Luke having the most prominent role (for obvious reasons) and personally I really hope he survives until Episode IX. Also if I go through the entire ST without once seeing Leia ignite a lightsaber I shall be very disappointed (not really but it is something I really want to see.)

JainaSoloYJK and StoneRiver like this.
  15. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    Considering her current struggles it would seem a long shot that she'll be involved at all anyway.

16. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I disagree but you're certainly allowed your opinion. I think it is very likely that the Big 3 are returning as has already been reported.

17. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    That's even a problem in the EU, before the big 3(characters) passed away they handled all the big crisis. None of their children truly got their torch passed.

18. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Wait the Big 3 died? Ok then. But yes I hope they do a better job at passing the torch than most other films. The key is to get us to care about the new characters. I dont want a "Tron: Legacy". Where people are much more interested in the old cast that they dont care for the new one *but then again...Hedlund wasn't very good in Tron: Legacy so I can kind of understand". IMO I'd rather have the new cast be written well than the OT cast. Because in the end *whether fans want to admit it or not* the new cast is what matters the most here. Not if Han or Leia is gunna wield a lightsaber or whatever, but whether or not the new cast is capable of taking control of this huge franchise. The new cast is what can make or break this film.

19. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    It didn't show how they died, just jumped to 137ABY to start Legacy, but the protagonist Cade Skywalker is also a descendent of Luke.
    There is no way those fans will accept new cast, but I really worried the old cast might ruin their image as well, if Disney let them play the protagonists to attract eyeballs. I always think a new era would be the best, both the Great Sith War and the Jedi Civil War are epic sagas, too bad.

20. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah its kinda sad that its inevitable that something is gunna be ruined. The OT images will obviously be damaged a bit cause seeing them older and well...not the same is kinda sad *plus we have no idea how well those guys will be able to get back into character since for most its been a while since they've been in a major film*. Its just this film is soo worrying since its gunna be near impossible to get everything right. And I worry the most about the new cast and the OT *not what will happen to their characters but how the actors will be like because...its been a while and I doubt it will be the same*.

21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Of course it won't 'be the same' - NOTHING will ever capture the magic of the first films.

Yes, they've grown older - gasp-shock-horror - and some of us who grew up with the O-OT release have grown older too (well, maybe at half the rate - 5 for every 10 and all ;) ) but that's not going to diminish for me, not one scrap!

22. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Sad fact. O-OT were lightning in a bottle. I say the safest thing for the ST is to not try to compete with the OT. Let it be its own thing and not feel like it has to top or be identical to the OT. Similar yes but don't copy it. I dont want no Superman Returns

23. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I look forward to seeing the changes in our beloved characters. Where life has taken them and how they've grown. I'm equally interested in seeing the new characters and becoming familiar with them. This is the best of both worlds for me.

24. Slowpokeking

Sep 21, 2012
    Yeah, we can see from the reaction on the forum.

Well in the OT, all 3 actors fit their role very well, share similarities with them. However now, the big three characters experienced totally different 30+ years and became totally different than the current casts. They no longer fit the characters that well. Nor would they be good to play the protagonists again.

Many fans even hate the 1997 version because it's different than what they saw in their childhood, if they see the big three return with different age and persona, it might ruin their once perfect image in the saga as well. Especially the movie could not show all the things happened in these 30 years.

That's impossible to show in even 3 movies, unless they do a lot of perfect CGI to make the young big 3 and make the ST's plot focus on what happened in the past 30 years.

Darth Claire likes this.
  25. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think you understand what I was saying. I don't need to see everything that happened to the characters in the past 30 years. All I want to see is where they are at the start of the ST and how different they and their circumstances are from when we last saw them. How life and the experiences they've had since has changed them.