main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Examiner.com Reports Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher returning as Luke and Leia in 'Star Wars VII'

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by gambit420, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Dont feed the Trolls. Even when they have a pink skin!

The Bops and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  2. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    So i can die happy. (after all the star wars movies is made of course) Great news if true, but i guess we all saw this coming.

Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  3. Master Aizakku Rorensu

Master Aizakku Rorensu Jedi Padawan star 1

Feb 1, 2013
    They can announce what the story will be about on that date, or is it way too early for that? Anyone remember how far in advance the story for The Phantom Menace was released?

Anyway, I'll go with this upcoming week for an announcement. This upcoming week or at Comic-Con, one or the other. :cool:

Of course, thinking about it more, just announce a Star Wars Celebration VII for 2014 and announce everything there. That'll be really mean though to make everyone wait that long for any more official announcements.

4. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Oh it could totally go either way. But as you pointed out in another thread, they were rather patient with the Kasdan/Kinsberg reveal.

Too many questions. Did these past stories leak because LFL wanted them to leak? Did they leak because the info was about to be revealed anyway? Did the confirmations come to respond to the leaks? [face_dunno]

5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Wahoo is right! Wow, this is really happening! We're really going to see the ol' gang back for one more go round. This is so incredible! Thank you, George. Now the official website needs to confirm it.

Pro Scoundrel , Echo-07 and Vastor like this.
  6. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Well if true - this is the most awesome news ever .....the big 3 back to to bridge to OT with the ST .......:D

7. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    Good questions. Kind of the chicken and the egg thing. I think they may have officially announced confirmations to hot leaks that sprung forth whether on purpose or not. The leaks have been pretty dead-on. The stuff that has been totally fabricated has been debunked, usually by the subject, pretty immediately. The Zack Snyder thing for instance.

As I said, I think that Ford is the last of the 3 to sign and now that the director issue is secure Ford is a GO! Now, there's only the official announcement. Also, this isn't really anything new in the way of news or rumor and Screenrant, for one, reported this "news" shorty after the Disney announcement. Disney/LFL never denied it and Arndt needs to have these details nailed down for his script:

http://screenrant.com/star-wars-episode-7-story-michael-arndt/

8. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Well, "open to the idea" probably means "please begin negotiating with my people as to whether you're going to pay me a **** load of money, or a **** load of money to put on that vest."

9. Darth Lycan

Darth Lycan Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 28, 2013
    [​IMG]
    Here's stallone at 30 & at 66 age is only a number in Hollywood. Get luke on a good program & the right vitamins, and he'll be fine. Not that he needs to slim down much in jedi robes.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  10. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Big 3 official announcement will be one of the greatest days of the 21st century so far.

11. mes520

mes520 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    I wish we could hear something official from the actors and actress, I'm scared it will turn out to be false like the Snyder thing

12. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I pretty sure we'll hear something official soon (I hope so at least.) I think it is pretty obvious that they're involved so if the contracts are signed and everything is ready to go I don't see any reason for them to keep it secret from us. We all know anyway.

Original Oatmeal and Echo-07 like this.
  13. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Totally not surprised by this at all - it basically tells us what we already knew. Wake me up when they announce new talent being brought to the franchise.

14. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    Yeah, that line triggered my grain of salt dispenser as well. I was told by George Lucas on several occasions that the ST wouldn't ever happen. That turned out to be false.
    We need a better source on this one. Looks to me like a cry for page hits.

15. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999

Just click on the illicit user's profile and click 'Ignore'. It works wonders. ;)

The Bops likes this.
  16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What if just to mess with us, Mark and Carrie play completely different characters?

17. Jobertus

Jobertus Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 31, 2012
    As expected, the ST will feature the big 3, but will star the next generation--whatever form the new generation takes. I think it is perfect for Jaina Solo and Ben Skywalker to take the torch from the big 3, but it remains to be seen if it will be them or other Skywalker/Solos. That is the mystery which, when clarified, should also resolve the incessant arguments between EU enthusiasts (as far as the novels go, I am one of them) and haters (I've met many of these people here and elsewhere). The ages of the big 3 in real life align with the ages of their characters in the EU and the ages of the next generation in the EU align perfectly for them to be the young protagonists in the ST. Two years is a long time to wait for Episode VII, hopefully we don't have to wait half that long to find out who the next generation of Skywalkers will be.

Original Oatmeal likes this.
  18. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I would hope that Luke has at least as big a role as Obi-Wan in ep. 4, Han / Leia / Chewie / Lando can be short cameos.

19. darthgator1217

darthgator1217 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 25, 2005
    I am suspicious.

20. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008

Vitamins? Heh, more like "Steroids". At that age, you don't get these abs from vitamins.

Anyway, Luke doesn't need to look like that, fortunately. If he looses a couple of pounds he is ready to go in my book. You don't see much of his body anyway because of the robes.

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR and Echo-07 like this.
  21. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002

And as one who has seen Mark from the back in recent years - trust me, he doesn't need to at all!! =P~

Photos of Mark don't do him justice - in person, he's got a FINE bod...

22. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    That's sounds super! But even if he were overweight, in the cinema I'd probably only care about seeing him in his role again. Oh my, sitting in the cinema crying all the time is going to be embarrassing.

23. Darth kRud

Darth kRud Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    The right "vitamins" ya....vitamins.

Echo-07 and TrandoJedi like this.
  24. DARTHSHAME

DARTHSHAME Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 2003
    Totally agree. They need the Big 3 to give the ST credibility. They will not be the central characters. Solo dies, possibly Luke. Leia left standing. More interested in seeing the new additions.

25. EvilQ

EvilQ Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 8, 2013
    Yeah, Lance Armstrong's brand.

Vastor likes this.