main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Examiner.com Reports Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher returning as Luke and Leia in 'Star Wars VII'

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by gambit420, Feb 16, 2013.

1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    You don't know who Jack Lalane is do you?

2. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    Well for the amount of screen time the big 3 will get you can super impose Mark's head on a younger body ......they did this with Christopher Lee in fight sceens for AOTC & he was 78yo when AOTC was filmed .......

3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Speaking of which, I just saw "Lincoln" the other night. She'd better get the Oscar. It was fantastic.

LawJedi likes this.
  4. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I know this might sound greedy, but I want Lando too. :)

5. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I can't imagine they'd leave him out. However, I can see his role amounting to a true cameo appearance, rather than a supporting role.

Echo-07 and TreborSabreon like this.
  6. LunarMoth

LunarMoth Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2012
    If the Big 3 are going to be in Ep VII, as I believe they will, the deals are surely already done but not confirmed.

The fact that this article says that the story will revolve around their offspring screams BS as although that might actually be true in the end, no stroy details are available yet. I'm not sold on the Skywalker kids thing just yet......

7. aguywithabiggun

aguywithabiggun Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 1999
    Wow this is happening TOO FAST I CANT TAKE IT[face_beatup]

DarthMak likes this.
  8. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Supreme Chancellor Calrissian or GTFO! :)

Merlin_Ambrosius69 and Vastor like this.
  9. gambit420

gambit420 Jedi Master star 2

Oct 14, 2003
    Lando is already in, but dies. Trust me

10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Honestly I could care less if he comes back. The main three are what I want, everything else is just a bonus.

11. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    That would be awesome.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  12. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Yep, Hamil could get in shape within 1 year if he is given a top level personal trainer and focuses on it. (i.e. is told he needs to be in peak condition or they fire him) Also, as someone here mentioned Hamil doesn't need to have a six pack; he just needs to be lean in clothing/robes, that is all. In all 6 movies we have yet to see a top less jedi. Ayla Secura was the only Jedi to show off her tummy anyway. ;)

And nothing against fat people, but a fat Jedi just doesn't cut it and would look utterly ridiculous, unless if said Jedi was from some alien species that naturally have a large tummy.

13. Darthbane2007

Darthbane2007 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2007
    Personally, I don't want the big 3 to dominate the ST..

Sitara likes this.
  14. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Why should he be "lean"? That would be going to far. He should be medium weight, even a bit chubby would be okay (not too much though).

15. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    Mark only needs to be the size of Alec Guinness. I mean he was... ...old. I don't know how old he was

16. Sitara

Sitara Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 8, 2001
    Why chubby? Jedi are warrior monks. They live an aesthetic lifestyle, with few possessions and one would assume simple yet wholesome food. Even that aside, the entire flipping around and fighting/training with lightsabers and running at Force Speed should surely burn quite a bit calories leaving them lean.

A chubby or fat jedi would be utterly ridiculous.

17. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'll believe it when I see pictures and hear from Lucasfilm.

and Size matters not, older people tend to not be as slim as in their youh. Hamill is hardly morbidly obese, and you can hide a gut easily enough with the right outfit.

18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Mark is about the same age Alec Guinness was for ANH IIRC.

19. gregvader123

gregvader123 Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 16, 2012
    They most likely won't...at least that's what we've been led to believe.

Echo-07 likes this.
  20. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Travolta is not 60, true, but he turns 59 tomorrow.

Also, from IMDB; Hamill's five latest roles (excluding voice-only performances):
    The Halloween Pranksta 2013
    Virtually Heroes 2013
    Sushi Girl 2012
    Airborne 2012
    Chuck 2011

...and it goes on. Note that these five are in the last two years. He's still an active actor. He'll do fine as Luke, just as he did in the old movies.

Darth kRud likes this.
  21. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    As long as they are still alive and kicking when it comes time to roll cameras, all of the actors will be fine. Hollywood can slap enough makeup and costume on someone to make them look good if that is what truly matters. I always thought what truly mattered was whether they could act which I already know they can so I am not worried about them being in the movie. Luke, Leia and Han will probably have some secondary roles but they will be in it enough to please fans. Quit worrying about whether Carrie, Mark or Harrison look like your grandparents...its a new STAR WARS movie for God's sake and its going to have the OT cast and not the PT cast so rejoice damnit!

22. Force_Wielder

Force_Wielder Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    It looks like Mark Hamill will be in the new SW and he should! I think he won't be the main hero but he will be in it. I think Luke has probably spent the last 30 years searching out new Jedis. He may have some new academy for training them. How does he know how to do this, I don't know. He might submit them to training like what he enduring by Yoda on Dagobah...maybe we see Dagobah again or some other swampy/forest planet like Yavin or Endor or something new. Or maybe we see him in a more administrative role such as Mace Windu or Yoda in Episode I...both would fine with me. THe movie will probably focus on new characters or having the older characters passing the torch to the new characters in Ep 7 or 8.

If Carrie is in it, than she will be Leia in a role of a diplomat roaming the galaxy trying to piece back the Republic...or as head of the new Senate or both.

23. lord_eidolon

lord_eidolon Jedi Grand Master star 3

Feb 2, 2004
    Agreed. Lando could already be dead, like Sean Connery's character in Indy 4. I would be fine with that.

Echo-07 likes this.
  24. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    A jedi teacher doesn't need to be athletic. In fact, I haven't seen Yoda or Obi-Wan flipping around or running at force speed in the OT. They appeared more or less as weak or strong as normal old people.

25. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm cool with that, but I trust no one. :)

LawJedi likes this.