main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit example #236 why the Eu is too bloated (too many jedi walking around during to)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jacktherack, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    • Master Zao: Survived Order 66 by virtue of the fact that he was not an active member of the Order. Later helped Master K'kruhk to rebuild the Hidden Temple but left the shelter several month later when a perturbed youngling fled and the two never came back.[31]
    • Master Arligan Zey: Survived after being taken to Mandalore by Maze.
    • Former Knight Tel Angor: Turned to the dark side by an experiment gone wrong. He became a Force Vampire, he hunted down and killed the members of the Order of the Silver Jedi. Eventually left for dead in a derelict ship, he was found later by New Republic troops and set free.
    Knight Empatojayos Brand: Survived to join the Rebel Alliance. Maimed by Darth Vader, survived to destroy the Empire Reborn.[17]
    That puts the count at around 96 Jedi that were around at least during a new hope and a majority of them were around till after return of the jedi. (note this does not count a. the jedi we see in the original trilogy) (the jedi that fell to the dark side prior to a new hope, and 3 Jedi who were frozen and awakened after the emperor's death.
    That means there are more jedi that were alive during the original trilogy then that died in the purge and prior to a new hope.
    My point is that when you count every single peice of eu that has ever been printed and not deemed non canon, it screws up everything because majority of those authors had no idea all the stuff that was in the eu, and a lot of them, mostly children's books authors didn't really care.

Point noted. Unfortunately, we don't debate canon policy in Lit. Now stop thread spamming, please.

2. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
  3. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    I always smile a bit when I see that list. [face_mischief]

MercenaryAce likes this.
  4. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    I don't really care considering most of them are dead before 15BBY. The Jedi Order was 10,000 strong before the Clone Wars, so for those to be the survivors is quite believable.

5. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    did you even read the post? every one of these listed survived to at least 0 aby. there were more survivors then people killed.

Reaper63 likes this.
  6. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    No, I'm sorry I didn't initially see that tiny writing at the bottom.

7. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Don't you realize how hard he worked on pasting that in here from wookieepedia?

PS - jacktherack - do you realize that not every Jedi in existence has a wook entry?

8. Arrian

Aug 15, 2011
    9,700 or so other Jedi died during the Clone Wars and Order 66, but nobody talks about them.

RC-1991 and jSarek like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.