main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Exar and Uliq

Discussion in 'Literature' started by jacensky315, Jun 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacensky315

jacensky315 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2002
    These characters are very interesting and I wanted to know what their stories are. I know some about Exar, but none about Uliq. Are their any sith era books with them>

2. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    nope. No books. They're in the Tales of the Jedi comic books. I would really, really like to see some pre-prequel time period books, though. Prefrebly one about the first Jedi.

3. jacensky315

Apr 29, 2002
    That sucks. I am not a big comic guy. I would like it if someone wrote something after episode 3 or something.

4. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Who's Uliq? I know who Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma are, but I have no idea who Uliq is.

5. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    If you don't like comics, you can listen to Tales of the Jedi and Dark Lords of the Sith (the sequel). They are descent radio dramas. You should be able to pick that up at most book stores online. :)

6. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Jacensky315, you made a spelling error. It's Ulic, not Uliq. Furthermore, you may not be a comic guy, but trust me, it's worth getting these comics, as they will give you all the info on Ulic and Exar Kun.

Knights of the Old Republic
    Freedon Nadd Uprising
    Dark Lords of the Sith
    The Sith War
    Redemption

Whether or not you want to get Golden Age of the Sith and Fall of the Sith Empire is up to you, but they'll give you some additional background info on Naga Sadow, who appears in most of the above comics.

7. Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi

Groovy_Ssi-Ruuvi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Even if you aren't a big comic guy, picking up the trade paperbacks of the Tales of the Jedi series would be worth it, I think.

8. jacensky315

Apr 29, 2002
    Alright I will give them a shot. I can get these at any bookstore or do I have to get them online.

9. jastermereel

jastermereel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 19, 1998
    i recently got a friend, who normaly isn't into star wars comics, interested in these...he liked Dark Lords and Sith War (hasn't yet read redemption) but both he and i agree that Knights of the Old Republic is weak and that the Freedon Nadd Uprising is AWFUL!...so...while the first is sort of weak because it simply serves to introduce the characters...the second can be avoided without missing much or anything......i didn't read it till i had finished with all the others and was waiting for redemption to come out...and i still wish i hadn't read it at all......so...a word of caution...if the first volume or so doesn't do it for you...hang in there...especialy for The Sith War and Redemption...two very very good ones...

10. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Go on line. You can get most of them as TPB from Dark Horse Comics or TFAW.com. The Freedon Nadd Uprising, last I heard, was available as TPB, so you have to get the individual issues. Fortunately, there are o two issues for Freedon Nadd Uprising.

11. cmulligan01

cmulligan01 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 18, 1998
    Always be careful about being by a person who has no idea of your interests or ideas or someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.

I found Knights of the Old Republic to be better than The Sith War. The Freedon Nadd Uprising was about average. Dark Lords of the Sith was above average and then the quality drops with The Sith War, not to mention the horrible artwork. The highwater mark of the series was Redemption even though KJA's script dragged it down some between the story and Gossett's great artwork it was one of the best SW comics we've ever gotten.

12. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    I'm not a comic person either (I do like Levithan, cuz it's about Kyp), but I did struggle through those so I would know what was going on.

13. SaberGiiett7

SaberGiiett7 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 2, 2002
    The Anderson Trilogy also centers Exar Kun as the main "Force using" villan.

And those are not Comic's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.