main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Exar Kun Wars-Yavin 4

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Darth_Aster, Jul 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Aster

Darth_Aster Jedi Youngling

Jul 29, 2005
    During the Exar Kun Wars, Exar Kun used Yavin 4 as a base and a place for building Sith Temples, building one after the other. The Republic then bombarded Yavin 4 leaving only a couple of temples still intact. Over the next 5 millenia the temples were still there. No doubt the temples were used by the rebellion in episode IV. My question is this why would the Rebellion use Sith temples as a prime base.

[face_skull] Darth_Aster [face_skull]

2. GrandAdmiralPaul

GrandAdmiralPaul Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    [face_thinking] maybe they thought it would be a place noone will ever look for them??

3. JacenKatarnC3PX

JacenKatarnC3PX Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2005
    I'm pretty sure they actually didn't know thye were sith temples. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to spread that around the public right? I know thye knew that the Massassi built them, but I don't think they knew that Exar kun was their leader. And as paul said, they were perfect for the job, out of the way, and they figured that noone would look for them there. Hoped that helped.:)

4. Nemuro

Nemuro Jedi Master star 4

May 9, 2003
    If they didn´t knew Anakin Skywalker was a Sith thirty years prior... let alone their knowledge from about milenia ago...

5. Darth_Vaders_cousin

Darth_Vaders_cousin Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 12, 2004
    They probly knew Anakin Skywalker was Darth Vader...but they didn't put two and tow together...or didn't think Luke was related...

6. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    At the time the Rebellion used Yavin IV as a base, pretty much only a handful of people in the galaxy knew that the temples happened to be Sith temples...
    1. Ikrit - He was asleep at the time, waiting for Anakin Solo to wake him to fulfill the prophecy.
    2. Bodo Baas - He was of course long dead and with some of his essence chilling out within his holocron, which happened to be in Emperor Palpatine's possession.
    3. Exar Kun, himself - And well, he was still wandering aimlessly in the deep, dark Sith spirit-void.
    4. Ood Bnar - He was hibernating.

And perhaps Tionne had uncovered this fact in her research of Nomi's exploits at this point in time, but she was nowhere remotely connected to the Rebellion at the time.

7. dragonsith13

dragonsith13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2005
    You have to remember that when Palpatine rose to power, he never told anyone he was a Sith. It is not like everyone knew the Emperor was a Sith, let alone a force user. During his reign Palpatine did everything possible to eliminate force users, or turn them... he never flaunted his powers, he gave everyone the impression he was a feable old man! So it is very possible that by the time of Ep IV many people had never even heard of the Sith and were also not even familiar with what Jedi were! A dead religion, there fire has gone out. So most likely the Rebels had no idea that the MAssassi temples were ancient Sith temples, they most likely believed that they were temples of the Massassi race long extinct nothing more nothing less.

8. GrandAdmiralPaul

GrandAdmiralPaul Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2005
    tell it dragonsith13, Amen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.