main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Excellexicon: The official resource for the Excellent language (Guaranteed not to stare at you)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by AdmiralWesJanson, Apr 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    A thread to collect the various linguistic gems, aphorisms, metaphors, references, and obscenities and unify them into a solid language. Also a place to recall favorite quotes from Ex, about Ex, or in the spirit of Ex.

Don't let the Mandofans be the only one with their own language!

2. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    I've never been a fan of Wang Chunging ( Wang Chung ) my words.

But I will watch with amusement.

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

I hate to be the gut-gas in a drink party, but isn't there an existing Excellence thread late last year? Besides, by rights making Exsense out of me shouldn't be an issue if you're conversant with SW lore. Technically, I'm speaking your elfish.

4. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    But Ex, you do go out of your way to be confusing. It's only natural for us to have a good chuckle at it all :p

5. AdmiralWesJanson

AdmiralWesJanson Force Ghost star 5

May 23, 2005
    The Excellence bitterness thread

That one was basically a primer for people to hear some of the various pet issues Excellence has with the Star Wars universe and life in general.

This thread is meant to focus on the linguistic pecularities that being south of of the Equator may cause, and see if they can be merged into any sort of coherent system.
    Different burdens.

6. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

You found that pretty quick. Is there more to a Kuati Triforce than meets the eye? But it seems some of the key issues have been addressed. I apologise for KOTOR and Legacy.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    "Jennifer Garner" was my favorite recent one. But I'm probably gonna lock this thread by the end of the weekend, but I'm stuck at work and it amuses me at the moment...

8. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Yesterday I went to Borders...

The entire time I was complaining to my girlfriend about how all the people on the book covers were staring at me...

Sad really...

9. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

I did? With my dislike of celeb faces holographing behind mountains of makeup, that must've been accidental. [face_thinking]

10. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    I complain about the actual people staring at me:)

11. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    If all else fails, we could return to the Excellence Bitterness thread, or the EU Community...

Here's a good one:

>>>When did I indicate I'd "shaak ti" Juhani? And is that the new euphemism for transpecies copulatory perversion, now?<<<

[face_laugh]

Ex, you have to admit, a lot of your quotes are sigworthy. :p

12. SephyCloneNo15

SephyCloneNo15 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 9, 2005
    Aahh, this is what I miss when I overcommit to the RPF and run out of time to visit the Lit forums.

13. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I?ve been brushing up on the Ex language. I?m definitely not fluent yet, but I can manage a sentence or two:

Under-classing women, I reven well think not like that aggressive penmanship. You hardcoverites rub me like Hutt gone bad. That teen food was not like Erikson?s.

14. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    Sorry Ezekiel, but noone else can make it look right. It's like a language you can understand, but can't speak.

15. Card_Dreamer

Card_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2003
    Like Han unto his Wookiee...

16. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Tam did a fabulous one on me. Took me by surprise, too. I was reading it, and suddenly I understood, he was excellencing me. And it was damn slick, too. Sadly, I had no room in my bio for it. You only get limited space. :(

17. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    So Ex=Chewie and We=Han? Got it. And Ez, you forgot the cliched Excellencese (Excelese?) phrase "Sadow Panties".

18. Sauron_18

Sauron_18 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 1, 2005
    Like Cheunh :D

19. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    "By the oceanic depth's of a Hutt's butt!"

I like that one.[face_laugh]

20. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    Zsinj Knickers...you beat me to the punch!

How come whenever I think of Ex, undergarments come to mind??? [face_thinking] [face_thinking] [face_thinking]

21. Coonsan

Coonsan Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 3, 2003
    Personal memories? [face_beatup]

22. SephyCloneNo15

Apr 9, 2005
    So, I wasn't around for the beginning, but way back in July '02, did Ex post as oddly as he does now or is it something that evolved over time?

23. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

The past year. As I played The Sith Lords, I started understanding the RPG terminology. That's what got me into giving Shadows of Amn another try, a game not designed for RPG-illiterates. Thanks to much appreciated support from the Games forum, I've got it.

I don't know what the big deal was. All those online guides warn how lethal the big red dragon was. I knew entering a new screen will duplicate enemies, and then found Firk old boy to be quite suceptible to arrows. I got 2 Carsomyr swords out of the deal.

Heh heh.

24. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    No not really. In fact he used to get in massive fights with Coop and Mastadge I think, though I could be mistaken. About him writing a book that no one heard of or something. I cant be bothered to look them up its in the history though. Alas im not really a Dec02 im in fact an Aug02 but something happened in Dec02 that made me resign up though I could do it with the same user name which was odd so I lost my first few posts. So I remember those days

25. Excellence

Jul 28, 2002

Outrage! That was the first few weeks of my arrival, and the behaviour of the forum then wasn't too receptive to being told the series was doing nothing but procastinating and repeating the same stories. The most reprimand I've gotten was advice from Sturm to combine four thread topics into fewer. Though the spider wasn't around when Rebel Scum walked into the parlour. I would imagine moderators are vexed there's rarely anything in my posts to edit, other than something I thought wasn't a spoiler on the occasion. :p

I was surprised at the near lack of disapproval of the NJO's quality. Then slowly, as though it was okay, more trickled in. It was an era when people were more reserved and tentaive in expressing thoughts. I noticed the awkwardness and apologies when asking starship questions, and I too always wanted to know the stats on Star Wars ships. I lasered a full broadside. How is sci fi any less geeky to romance? What Vader breath ordered this so? ---> Next thing I knew, the fleeties were birthed, nappied, and ready to grow. It's like asking the stats on carrot-nosed Caamasi, their height and fur hull.

I never lurked; I just got a computer, worked out how to use the net to see what Dark Empire was, and got transmatted here. I was supposed to leave new year. There's a lot of upcoming spoilers I need to avoid. Decisions . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.