main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Exchange Rates (KotOR) OC

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Dar_manda, Feb 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dar_manda

Dar_manda Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2007
    As my Master ordered, 3000ish words. It's connected to RtM a little.

Adik flexed his hand, the fabric of his jacket creaked. The plates over his shoulders moved as he breathed deeply, perfectly aligned with the flesh beneath. The man before him had already made a serious tactical mistake and no blows had yet been struck.

The man's first error had been to steal his drink, well he had tried to steal Adik's drink. The broken bones in his hand had delayed the fight somewhat. To do anything other than allow the man at least some healing time would have been dishonourable, and Adik did not need the advantage in any case.

His head was bare and he closed his eyes, feeling the eddies in the currents of the air conditioning system flicking his coal black hair. He could feel everything and everyone in the room, the pulse of life around him quickening his blood. Nothing fancy, he told himself. I just want to get out of here, off this planet. He looked about himself and sized up his opponent.

The other man was at least a foot shorter than him, but he apparently ranked rather highly in the opinions of his fellow hunters. Adik did not particularly care about the opinions of others. He had the approval of the one person who had ever mattered in his life, and anything else was dismissed as an irrelevance. That Mon Crest was a very good hunter was true; however, he had misjudged the young man and Adik not only knew it, but planned to capitalize on the fact.

He side-stepped the first swing of Mon's vibro-blade, a small smile of concentration playing around his lips. Currently he was unarmed, which only meant that he had no weapon in either hand at that precise moment, a man like Adik was never truly unarmed. The second swing came across Adik's chest as he bent over backwards. Placing his hands on the hard-packed dirt floor, he swung his feet upwards, catching Mon square on the chin. The shattering impact from Adik's armoured boot rattled his opponent's teeth. Mon spat blood as Adik continued on his parabola to land on his feet.

The spectators cheered, but the young man only stretched and rolled his neck, turning his back on his opponent in a gesture of flagrant disregard. He dusted imaginary particles from his Republic Admiral's uniform jacket, and examined the toecap of his black and silver boot for any signs of damage. Like the rest of the armoured plates on strategic locations about his person, they were largely made with a substance that was extremely rare in the Republic. The fact that he wore part of a Republic Naval uniform was a source of amusement for Adik, who valued irony as much as it's former owner had.

Adik made a bee-line for the bar, but stopped before he had taken a few paces. Spinning on his heel, the silver lightdagger igniting and cutting completely through the vibro-blade. Adik laughed, he was well aware that he did not possess a voice designed for mirth, and it was one of the things he occasionally cursed his father for, the other was his name. It was suspiciously close to the word in his native tongue for 'kid'. He had both given and received a number of scars on various occasions, proving, to the recipients at least, that it was not an entirely accurate description. The hilt of the vibro-blade clattered to the floor and Mon drew a blaster. Adik raised both hands.

?You brought a blaster to a knife fight?? he said, shaking his head. ?You are more stupid than you look.? His voice was slightly lighter than his father's, but he was certain that time would change it. ?I thought this would be a friendly bit of fun, but no, no you had to make life complicated, didn't ya??

?You made it complicated with that thing,? Mon gestured at Adik's lightdagger hilt. ?You're a Jedi aren't you??

?Do you mean like sitting tied in a knot, floating three feet above the ground with my eyes closed, kinda Jedi?? Adik scratched his nose.

?Yeah, I suppose so,? Mon looked confused. ?You got a lightsaber,? he added to clarify his position.

?Uh-huh, that'd be my mom. No

2. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    and it was one of the things he occasionally cursed his father for, the other was his name.

I'll bet. :p Adik sounds like something inappropriate in English as well as Mandalorian, lol.

"I thought this would be a friendly bit of fun, but no, no you had to make life complicated, didn't ya?"

LOL! So young.

"You're a bit young aren't you? Or was the Republic stupid enough to let you breed?"

[face_shame_on_you] Now now, insults will get you nowhere.

Very good, very focused on the task at hand my young padawan. Good staying within that one character. How did it feel? Comfortable? Natural to write like that?

=D=

3. Dar_manda

Dec 27, 2007
    I was great but hard work. I've been trying hard to carry it over into Road to Mandalore, and as a result I've had to go back and re-edit chunks of the story, darn you *shakes fist*. Still I do appreciate the help

Anything else you want me to do Master?

4. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Just peeking my head in to say that I really enjoyed this little tidbit. That opening fight has some really neat descriptions... I definitely think that's one of your primary strengths. Everything from the jacket creaking to the currents in the air... those all set a stage that really draws a reader in. Great stuff. I really liked it. :)

5. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005

Hehe, we've only just begun. [face_devil]

6. Chico_Jedi

Chico_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 27, 2008
    Managed to find it! :)
    And I like it! Good writing. =D=

7. Dar_manda

Dec 27, 2007
    Thanks Chico! I might do some more to this when I finish RtM.

8. KotOR_girl

KotOR_girl Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 16, 2007
    Canderous' son? Awesome story. :D It would be great if you would continue writing it. :)

9. Dar_manda

Dec 27, 2007
    When I don't have a million others, this was supposed to be an independent viggie. But I'm planning a story at the moment, all I'll say is that the title gives you a clue as to whom the other character will be, and where I got the story from.

10. rileyrose

rileyrose Jedi Youngling

Sep 14, 2008
    I love the characterization of Adik in this story, it's really consistent and interesting. He's got great attitude, taking after his father. What a great idea for a fic, the psychology of being Ordo's son is just rife with possibility. Your writing is fast-paced and snappy and a pleasure to read. Keep on with this one!

11. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    That's a lot of fun! You write fight scenes particularly well. That's something I'm usually squeamish about myself. I look forward to reading more from you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.