main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Exclusive: Star Wars: Episode VII Disney Executive Breakfast

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Vastor, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    http://makingstarwars.net/2014/04/m...-wars-episode-vii-disney-executive-breakfast/

What the ... i have no idee what this means

Sum-Wan likes this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Forgive my ignorance, but is this site legit? Don't remember hearing about it before.

Anyway, sounds exciting if it is true!

3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I don't really know what to think of this, but at least we've got another date to hype up [face_dancing]

Darkslayer, Dra--- and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  4. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    Items from the menu:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The leaker is no doubt on the catering staff. If the event is being catered, they can't intend to keep anything that goes on there secret. So whether or not they mention new info on Ep: VII, we'll know about it.

Darkslayer, Dark Lady Mara and Dra--- like this.
  5. JLG

JLG Jedi Master star 1

May 11, 2005
    Sounds like a big deal. I wonder if we'll get a big blowout (cast announcements, subtitle announcement, some key art, etc.) that same day.

6. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    From now on, I'm cutting my pineapple in the shape of Yoda's head.

7. Lurknomore

Mar 18, 2014

I'm predicting cast and possibly subtitle. If we get any concept art I'll be shocked.

8. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Yes, I'd like a stack of the Papanoida Pancakes, the Hoth Hashbrowns.... umm some Jawa Juice. Yeah give me some TaunTaun Toast with Jar Jar Jam; oh and some of that Yoda Yogurt. Thanks.

Yancy

9. markb50k

markb50k Jedi Master star 1

Jul 26, 2004
    Some things I noticed...

Misspellings. Tuscans? Flakey? Still think this is legit however

Also in the Akbar description they mention new republic. Is this a hint that they refer to the new republic in the ST? That's the only EU like term used in the entire set

10. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

If there's one thing to not get hopes up about, it's subtitle. ROTS' subtitle wasn't announced until July 2004, 10 months before the film's release. We're still 20 months away from Episode VII.

Dewback and Mr. K like this.
  11. Sum-Wan

Sum-Wan Jedi Master star 4

Feb 16, 2013
    The Big Brunch-Dee-Doo!! [face_party]

12. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    ...and now I'm hungry again. Great! :p

Anyhoo, looks interesting. Someone mentioned misspellings; if it's being catered by an outside company, they probably don't know all the spellings....plus anyone can made a typo.

CaptainRegor likes this.
  13. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Honestly, having done media for corporate type events like lunches, this looks like an early draft for a menu that will go to a proper graphic designer to create a final menu. Could be legit.

The guys over at Mice Age have a lot of insight into the corporate goings on at the House of the Mouse. Could be worthwhile to follow up with them.

Yancy

14. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Gamorrean Goodness. Never thought I'd see those two words together?

Darkslayer, Vastor and Lurknomore like this.
  15. Lurknomore

Mar 18, 2014

Hmmm, that is interesting...

16. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    Maybe Episode VII will be a reality cooking show?

Darkslayer, TKT, Vastor and 1 other person like this.
  17. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Seems like a big deal. Must be something to it. I'd eat Leia's buns. No, not those buns.

Will this be on the menu:

[​IMG]

Sum-Wan likes this.
  18. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    1999 called, and it wants its joke back...

JainaSoloYJK, Six and Darthsuggs like this.
  19. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    What's for lunch?

Darkslayer likes this.
  20. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    The more I think about it, the more skeptical I'm becoming of this, especially after viewing the menu items. As I said in the other thread, Disney will be hosting Star Wars-themed dining experiences for guests during Star Wars Weekends this year. They include a 'Galactic Breakfast' and 'Jedi Mickey's Star Wars Dine.' I'm wondering if those menu items will be what will be offered during the character breakfasts and if the event we're hearing about on Thursday is actually a preview of what they will be offering to guests. I'm not sure how they handle things like that in terms of previews, but it would seem likely that they would have execs present for such an event. And the part about 'classic cast members' in attendance? This will be a character meal. Could they simply mean that characters such as Chewbacca, Artoo, Threepio and Vader will be present?

And finally:

While that may be true for Star Wars Weekends, the Star Wars dining experiences begin on May 4th, roughly a week after this special event is supposed to take place. Which again, seems likely that this may only be a preview of the events at the parks.

But hey, if I'm wrong and we do end up getting some kind of announcement on Thursday, I'll be ecstatic! In fact, I hope I am wrong! :p

21. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Wouldn't they say classic characters if they meant performers dressed up as characters from the films instead of classic cast members? The wording is what makes me think this isn't just someone dressed like Darth Vader. IDK we'll see.

Dra--- and Lurknomore like this.
  22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    That could be, but it could have easily been lost in the translation, depending on where the information came from. Who knows what exactly is going to happen. I'm just trying not to get myself too hyped up, especially after everything that happened last year with the May 4th and CEII fiasco. :p

23. sethg

sethg Manager Emeritus star 2 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 3, 2012
    "Tatoonie" =(

24. HegoDamask

HegoDamask Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2013
    http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=16434

• "Disney will host a Star Wars executive breakfast this Thursday, April 24th.
    • George Lucas will be in attendance.
    • Classic cast members will be in attendance (we have no names).
    • The VIP event will be for about 100 people.
    • The menu will be Star Wars themed (edible characters, Yoda was mentioned).
    • Only top executives from Disney are attending."
    Another event is going down next week too:
    http://www.jedinews.co.uk/news/news.aspx?newsID=16442&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
    Announcements imminent? I think maybe!

25. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Possibly the unveiling of the SW/Disney Rebels toys that will begin to be released to Disney stores this summer.

Also, Disney has been hard at work coming up with the new packaging for all SW toy products and how they will be officially incorporated to Disney stores. Right now, some Disney stores have a few SW things, but the full fledged marketing of SW on the Disney catalog has not started yet. This week could be the launch of that campaign.

....of course with casting announcements to follow the week after? one can hope!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.