main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Exclusive: Star Wars: Episode VII Disney Executive Breakfast

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Vastor, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    Dewback and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  2. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Oh dear

What a laugh if it is

JainaSoloYJK and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  3. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Ha, that would be hilarious.

4. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003

I doubt it. If that was the case they'd be doing it here in the Sunshine State.

5. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    I don't believe any of this for a single second. It just isn't the way things are done.

(Don't get me wrong.... there may some sort of luncheon, dinner, or other event..... but not a gathering of top execs to make some sort of official announcement)

6. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Even if there's no casting announcement, it's good to know Disney execs are not skipping the most important meal of the day

7. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

The gathering of top execs isn't to make an announcement - it's to let them know what the announcement is before they make it, maybe later that same day, maybe in two weeks on May 4.

8. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Darth Punk First it was worrying about my sleeping habits and now the eating habits of Disney Execs.......Pretty nice of you, If I may say so myself. :cool:

9. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hitchhiking-Ghost likes this.
  10. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

Great minds think alike Sir.

11. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I don't think the top execs at Disney would need an announcement made to them since most of them would probably already know what it is. If an announcement is made that day like I said earlier the breakfast is probably just a photo op or something like that to go along with the announcement. And if Mark, Carrie and Harrison are the cast members in attendance than it also could be an opportunity for the Disney execs to meet and talk with them before they go off to film.

12. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    I get your point, but why have the classic actors there? And why have extremely important VIP's go there to talk about Star Wars dining experiences?

13. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012

First, we don't know what classic actors will be there....it could be Artoo and C3P0 and second this does not feel right. That said, I hope I am wrong as I am dying to hear official cast news.

HanSolo29 likes this.
  14. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    What actors are we talking about though. People are assuming it's the Big 3. What if it's the droids (again in the Disney world they are part of the cast) are the cast in attendance? It's not so cut and dry.

LOL Bazinga'd we probably hit Reply at the same time!

Yancy

HanSolo29 and Bazinga'd like this.
  15. TheTwinSuns

TheTwinSuns Jedi Master star 3

Apr 26, 2013
    Aren't we all? If May 4th passes and we still have no casting news, I fear that this board will implode.

16. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    Gallandro With nearly the same comments. I do believe this was discussed a little bit back on the thread.

17. Granger

Granger Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 1, 2012
    "The Kessel Run" isn't a very appetizing name for a dish. What's for dessert? Darth Sidious' Revenge?

Sum-Wan likes this.
  18. Bazinga'd

Nov 1, 2012
    How about "The Trash Compactor" or Jabba's Jello

Granger likes this.
  19. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I dare say, probably yes. This combined with some other Disney park and store related SW marketing and toasting to George of course.

But why not closer to May 4? I mean wouldn't it make sense to do it on or within a few days of Star Wars day?

Maybe, just maybe it's not so much as this event have even an iota to do with Ep7 but the fact that it's taking place a week before May 4 to possibly (hopefully) free up the days around May 4 for something else?

20. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Sideous Sundae, or Count Dooku Custard... maybe a slice of Hondo's Hawaiian Pineapple Upsidedown Cake

21. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008

By Thursday we're just a little more than a week ahead of May 4. If it's a theme park/store or something like that, the Thursday breakfast/launch could be used to build a week of hype to something else (ticket sales, online store launch, etc., etc.). I think Thursday is definitely something bigger than new dining experiences, but it could be so many things, not all of which are film related (though that's what I'm still hoping for).

22. rezpen

rezpen Jedi Master star 4

May 4, 2010
    Hah if you think GL is leaving his new baby to promote a rinky dink character breakfast only at one park come on now.

23. Yensid1974

Yensid1974 Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 13, 2013
    Just to end the Disney Park speculation...there are plans being made for more Star Wars attractions of course but those plans are long way from being approved much less announced to the public. If you pay attention to theme park news it is pretty clear that there is very little on its way other than Avatarland which is not even started construction yet.

JainaSoloYJK and Darthsuggs like this.
  24. Darthsuggs

Darthsuggs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2003

Aware but like Avatarland I wonder if they'd put it out there like they did with Fantasyland Expansion.

25. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Disney Parks have "dine with the characters" fancy meal plans (you can dine with the Disney Princesses). It's honestly probably that. Referring to Star Wars Cast Members is either A) the way Disney refers to everyone as a "cast member" or B) Jeremy Bulloch or Antony Daniels or something.

But if people want to hype up another date, hey, feel free! But it's probably about Star Wars themed dinners. What with the themed breakfast plates and all.

HanSolo29 and Dewback like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.