main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Exclusive: Star Wars: Episode VII Disney Executive Breakfast

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Vastor, Apr 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Yep, there´s a Disney Store event this week in Pasadena, California. It could be related to the event of this breakfast, which is in Florida.

2. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    No JJ or KK? Classic cast members?

It's probably a business presentation with stormtroopers ("cast members") to pose for a picture with Lucas and Disney execs. Something similar to the inauguration of the sandcrawler building in Singapore.

Marketing strategies don't work like that, I really wouldn't read too much into it.

Momotaros likes this.
  3. Gallandro

Gallandro Force Ghost star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    6 pages about a breakfast... we really are desperate for some news, aren't we?

Yancy

4. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
    Right... and on that note that yesterday we also saw a leak that at Disney Hollywood Studios at Disney World, which is located in Lake Buena Vista, Florida, the company will be offering Star Wars character dining experiences at the Sci-Fi Drive In Theater (my favorite restaurant btw) for the hefty price of $47.99 for adults and $29.99 for children and dinners will be $55.99 for adults and $33.99 for children. I don't think it would be unreasonable to believe this Disney exec meeting is related to that and not Episode VII. It even says in the article that this is the meal they will be serving at those events during Star Wars weekends. This seems to be a roll out for Star Wars weekends.

By the way, some of you may want to reread the article, as I just did. No where does it say "original cast members," it says "classic cast members," which to me has a slightly different connotation but you be the judge.

HanSolo29 and Gallandro like this.
  5. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Desperate and hungry... for breakfast.

6. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Good catch. LOL it sounds like a big corporate Disney Character Breakfast... with some extra bonuses.

Yancy

Edit: Fixed misquoting.

7. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    There obviously wont be any Episode VII news....they're saving that for the Disney Executive Dinner :p

Momotaros and Gallandro like this.
  8. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I was just about to say...before we get any real news, there will need to be lunch, dinner, and dessert.

9. Fleab88

Fleab88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2012
    We live in a world of false alarms my friends. However, we can at least be thankful that "star Wars" is being uttered at all in these kinds of context.

10. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    [​IMG]

"Their tongues can't possibly repel flavor of that magnitude!"

JainaSoloYJK, BigAl6ft6, Ryus and 6 others like this.
  11. Jair Crawford

Jair Crawford Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 3, 2012
    One thing is for sure...

Those menu items look absolutely amazing...

I want some... :/

12. WatTamborWoo

WatTamborWoo Jedi Master star 3

Jan 22, 2011
    It could have to do with SW marketing etc. However, it would be strange for the original cast members to be in attendance if the case. I cannot imagine Ford and Fisher enjoying that scenario. Furthermore, SW marketing meetings probably take place all the time. I bet that the breakfast is something to do with Episode VII.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    I think we gotta sticky @gallandro's very important statement concerning Disney's definition of "cast member" to this thread to help rein in all our crazy hopes concerning the Big Three!

Dewback, Fleab88 and HanSolo29 like this.
  14. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Eh, if they were going to only include characters and not cast members, then why not just say characters? That would be just as fun a marketing style without the silly "surprise."

I think they'll actually be cast members. You know, Anthony Daniels instead of C3PO.

IMO, it's poor marketing to advertise one thing and deliver another.

15. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    I'll do it for you for $25. I'll even stick a few cinnamon buns on me head as well

Jair Crawford likes this.
  16. Gallandro

Jul 8, 1998
    Because this is internal to Disney, you're looking at this as a fan. My guess is this breakfast is a preview of what guests can expect at the Star Wars character dining experience. Then they will proceed to whatever their presentation is.. Classic Star Wars characters would be called Classic Cast Members because that's the nomenclature at the park, characters/employees are called Cast members at the Disney Parks. So you'll see Stormtroopers, Vader, R2, and 3PO wandering by while you eat your breakfast. It's that simple.

You need to read this menu in Disneyese.

17. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    A mock SW breakfast so they can get feedback on what to improve.

18. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    That all makes sense if what you're guessing this is is true. But maybe not.

A mock dining experience is a great idea though. ;)

19. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    A focus group with George Lucas and Disney's busiest execs? Not sure about that either.

Dra--- likes this.
  20. darkmarc

darkmarc Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 30, 2013
    I wish Gallandro were wrong. (And for a day or so I thought he could be!) But the logic of his points is too sound (for me anyway). It all does have the feel of inside-company promotion. Let's just hope your other vibe of May (the) Fourth comes true, Yancy!

TigerCraneFist likes this.
  21. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Yeah, that's a sticking point with me too. Seems excessive for something like a focus group.

Satipo likes this.
  22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It's a dress rehearsal. Since some people want them to simply recreate nostalgic imagery from the OT, they are filming a scene where one of the main characters is honored to be joined by other characters in the Bespin breakfast nook.

23. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    Sounds like a cosmic greasy spoon

24. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I have no idea if this will any way lead to some kind of VII announcement, but with the timing and all, it does seem like they are gathering the big guns. I wouldn't expect any of the production team to be present but there would be nothing to stop a link up somehow. Still, Yancy et al have some strong counter points do I'd say I'm about 50/50 on this being VII related.

25. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    No, that breakfast nook was high class. Immaculate and perfectly white & polished... you know... "lived in".

I personally cannot wait for this scene. Especially when Luke says, "We would be honored if you would join us... for breakfast".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.