main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Exclusive Wal-Mart Bonus Disc - ROTS DVD!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by TheAlternateReality, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheAlternateReality

TheAlternateReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    Wal-Mart.com has put up that their stores will be offering a bonus disc, called "The Story of Star Wars" as a free bonus along with the ROTS DVD. As in many previous star wars "history" featurettes, it will be hosted by R2-D2 and C-3PO. The sticker on the cover of the DVD describes the new DVD as "R2-D2 and C-3P0's chronicles of Luke and Anakin Skywalker." The disc, according to the label, will include "almost 30 minutes of additional content" to what will be on the DVD of ROTS. I'm sure someone will put this up on the TF.N main page soon, but on the record, I reported it first here! Here is the image of the two DVD's as shown on that site:
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a12/Adamwankenobi/0002454391034_500X500.jpg]

2. Revenge_of_SW3

Revenge_of_SW3 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 24, 2005
    That looks cool. Can't wait for November 1st!!!

3. Darth_Turkey

Darth_Turkey Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 5, 2004
    Here in England there are no Walmarts, however, Walmart are now part of a chain in the UK called Asda. It's now Asda-Walmart. Anyone know if this offer extends to us Brits?

4. DBrennan3333

DBrennan3333 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 5, 2004
    If Wal-Mart's selling it, at least you know what country the discs were made in. (But was the little Chinese girl eight or nine years old?)

Seriously though, I'd love to have the disc but here in Detroit we don't even have any Wal-Marts that I'm aware of. We've got a chain called Meijer here. I wish they'd just have a standardized product rather than always cutting these little deals with different retailers (Lucasfilm has done this before, usually with Target.)

As far as the feature itself, this sounds similar to the little sketch that R2-D2 and his lifetime companion C-3P0 hosted on the VHS version of AOTC. There was like a five minute little synopsis of the entire saga, it was quite cool.

5. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Hopefully!

6. LOTRFreak4488

LOTRFreak4488 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 10, 2005
    That sounds cool! Can't wait for that!!

7. Kinobe

Kinobe Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2003
    Darth_Turkey posted on 9/19/05 4:05am
    Here in England there are no Walmarts, however, Walmart are now part of a chain in the UK called Asda. It's now Asda-Walmart. Anyone know if this offer extends to us Brits? [hr][/blockquote]

Just had a look at the Asda website, it doesn't mention anything about an extra bonus disc:

[link=http://www.asda-entertainment.co.uk/mall/productpage.cfm/asdaentertainment/105121]Asda[/link]

8. JediPrettyBoy

JediPrettyBoy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2005
    Looks like us bloody yanks are the only ones who are going to get a chance to get the bonus discs. Sorry guys.

And you were about the only country that still likes us.

9. TheAlternateReality

TheAlternateReality Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 4, 2005
    Nah, they'll still be able to get it. Someone on eBay wanting to make some quick cash will make a region 2 copy of it or something.

10. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Uh, what are you talking about? If you're willing to drive 10 miles outside of Detroit, you will find multiple Wal-Marts (depending on which part of Detroit you are in). Taylor, Livonia, Canton, Warren, and Troy all have Wal-Marts.

11. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Plus, can't you just order it online and have it delivered to your house?

12. PadmeLover1991

PadmeLover1991 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 22, 2005
    that'd be cool if it was sold at ASDA aswell, coz it ticks me off when the americans get something but the brits don't.

13. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    You sure about that?

Anyway, I very much doubt Asda will get the bonus disks. They don't get any of the other Star Wars wal*mart exclusives.
    On the other hand though, it looks like Asda will be getting the ROTS 3-packs of figures to celebrate the DVD release, and I believe those are wal*mart exclusives too. So you never know...

14. leelee

leelee Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2003
    Dang it! I swore off Wal-mart...now I might have to go back on that :(

15. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Looks like I know what store I'll be shopping in on the morning of November 1st. :)

16. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I was planning to buy my copy at Wal-Mart at midnight anyway, so this is even better.

17. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    This bonus disk sounds like promotional fluff to me. Just a clip collection.

18. ANAKINOS

ANAKINOS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    hey alt reality thanks for the heads up i will be there in line waiting patiently for it. To all of you that live in the UK you might want to see if you can go to walmart.com and see if you can order it online and see if they can ship it to you. Just a thought dont know if they will but best of luck in your hunt. If i hear anything i will post.

19. DarthWolvo23

DarthWolvo23 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    damn it

im british

BUT I REALLY WANT THAT DISC!

:_|

20. Darth_Brad03

Darth_Brad03 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 21, 2003
    Very cool, can't wait to get this.
    I buy all my DVDs from Wal-Mart anyway since they are all $15 for the first few days. This works out great.

21. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Of course it is. But I didn't hear anyone complaining about the Bonus DVD included with the RotS Soundtrack. Promo material or not, that was one damned fine freebie.

22. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Sounds like I'll be getting my DVD from Walmart. :)

23. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    I'm still buying it at Blockbuster. But that's where I work, and I get a discount. And I'll actually get it 1 to 2 weeks before anyone else can see it on dvd. mwahahaahahaahaha.

~PK~

24. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    Is the bonus DVD only available upon purchase of the DVD? If so, why wouldn't everyone buy it from Walmart? Their prices are among the lowest around AND you get the bonus DVD.

25. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I wonder if it's just a look at the two sagas or if it actually compares the stories of Anakin and Luke and talks about their relationship. I'm hoping for the latter, we've got plenty of saga stuff, but nothing that goes into detail about the two main characters, and that Connections video was nice. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.