main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Exclusive Wal-Mart Bonus Disc - ROTS DVD!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by TheAlternateReality, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    [face_frustrated] I swear, if one more person who HAS IT says they haven't bothered to watch it...

2. Leias_love_slave

Oct 26, 2003
    Thank you for saying that. I'm trying not to.

3. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

I got the ROTS 2 pack DVD set at Wal Mart for free for trooping there with the 501st, and I STILL feel like I've been ripped off by having that disk...[face_sick]

4. GeneralGrievous1

GeneralGrievous1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2005
    I knew it would be crap from when i first heard about it. It was a bit shocking that all the fans on here were getting excited about it when it seemed obvious that it was gonna be rubbish.

Luckily, i'm in the UK, so i didn't have the misfortune of getting the disc.

5. Rhindle_The_Red

Rhindle_The_Red Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Then give it to a kid who'll enjoy it and quit whining.

Yeah, because then you'd just be here bitching about it. Oh wait, you are anyway. How are you better off again?

6. JediBoo

JediBoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    Is this entry in IMDb anywhere?
    I can't seem to find the page.

EDIT - Is this the one? Star Wars Connections? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0458493/

7. J-Rod

J-Rod Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 28, 2004
    I got the ROTS 2 pack DVD set at Wal Mart for free for trooping there with the 501st, and I STILL feel like I've been ripped off by having that disk...

Well hell, PM me for my address and I'll give ya 5 bucks plus shipping.

8. JediAnakinS

JediAnakinS Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2005
    I bought my copy of ROTS at Wal-Mart 2 days after it was released & there was NO bonus disc included. Was this a 1 day promotion deal or something?

9. JediBoo

JediBoo Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 11, 2004
    Its a seperate item altogether and you have to pay extra for it.

10. D_Lowe

D_Lowe Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 15, 2002
    Wal-Mart.com has put up that their stores will be offering a bonus disc, called "The Story of Star Wars" as a free bonus along with the ROTS DVD.

I don't know about you guys, but that bonus DVD of The Story of Star Wars was an extra six bucks. My local Wal-Mart was selling ROTS at $13.95, and $19.95 with the bonus DVD.

11. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Well what's better? -- the Lithograph from BB, the coin for Target, the bonus disc from Walmart, or the poster and button from CC?

12. SaberDrew

SaberDrew Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2002
    Wow,

I bought my RotS dvd at Fred Meyer for $20.99 (including tax). Just knowing that I bought it and didn't spend any of my money supporting the true evil empire (wal-mart) makes it worth that price to me.

My disc didn't come with any bonus material, aside from what was on disc 2. Hearing all of you guys whine about this makes me glad that I didn't make a special trip to some store to get a bonus piece of crap (whether it is in the form of a dvd, coin, lithograph, etc.).

You guys should really be a little more discerning in your purchases. I swear, all they have to do is repackage something that is more than 3 years old and slap a new cover on it, and most of you eat it up like candy!

George and Wal-Mart are probably raising a toast in your honor as we speak.

13. TheWookiee

TheWookiee Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    You know, personally, I would have rather had the bonus disc be The Star Wars Holiday Special. It would have tied in well with ROTS and would have been released near the holiday's.

14. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    The Bonus Disc was just a repeat of the Connections stuff aired on Fox and with the AOTC VHS, but I didn't pay for it. My Wal-Mart offered both with and without for the same price. One day I know it will bring a pretty penny on Ebay. [face_money_eyes]

Okay, maybe not.

15. halfwits-r-us

halfwits-r-us Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    rhonderoo, you're silly! I guess the bonu is a good cliff's notes of the saga.

16. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Sorry if this was mentioned..Did anybody notice the new scream Anakin makes when he's shocked by Dooku's lightning?? It's..pretty cool. I wonder if it's going to be added to a new release of AotC?

17. Jedi_Master_Eric

Jedi_Master_Eric Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 14, 2005
    Shouldn't C3PO have no memory of the events of the PT? How can he narrate it for us?

18. farrellg

farrellg Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2005
    Sorry if this was mentioned..Did anybody notice the new scream Anakin makes when he's shocked by Dooku's lightning?? It's..pretty cool. I wonder if it's going to be added to a new release of AotC?

Do you mean Anakin's scream in the clip from The Story of Star Wars was different than his scream in the DVD version of AOTC? Because he already does scream when hit by the lightning in AOTC.

19. Leias_love_slave

Oct 26, 2003
    [face_laugh]

20. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    It's a different scream.

21. Lumpawarrump

Lumpawarrump Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2001
    The way I see it, this is George's brilliant way of tying up the final loose end in the Saga.
    You know, where 3PO tells Luke he's "not very good at telling stories" in A New Hope, but then is like a master storyteller with the ewoks in Jedi.
    Now we finally know he was telling Luke the truth! :)

I still say the Bonus Disc is just fine for kids and ewoks.

22. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    I watched the DVD today and didn't see what's so bad about it. I enjoyed it for the new footage of C-3PO and R2-D2 and the set which is based on the one that appeared in The Making of Star Wars back in 1978.

I really liked it when C-3PO threw a hissy fit when R2 showed him prancing around naked. [face_laugh]

23. Darth_Zoo

Darth_Zoo Jedi Master star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    All of the screams seemed tweaked and retooled. The DVD is pretty underwhelming but there are some interesting things to it. I wish I didn't PAY for it, would have been a nice "free" bonus. O~well.

I liked seeing some of the original footage, and found it shocking that old Anakin ghost was left intact. I think it's more fitting to see an older Anakin than the Hayden.

The entire thing seems like a iFilm by some guy in his basement... I mean Threepio is wearing a halloween costume [face_laugh].

24. Namcoking

Namcoking Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 22, 2003
    I think the bonus disk is good if you didn't like the first two prequels, but liked RotS. For example I had a friend who hasn't seen any of the prequels but was interested in just watching RotS. They weren't interested in seeing the first two, so I popped in the bonus disk so they could see the first two summarized, then we watched RotS.

25. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

PM sent my good man! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.