Excuses, Excuses

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Jedi_Nat, Jul 20, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    For those who know (and those who don't), I am invading your country next year! (And no, I won't be returning that tiny little urn that the Aussies will reclaim in Dec/Jan) I am hoping to be over for Collectormania and some annual celebratory event that is held for me (aka my birthday). Now, as Collectormania falls at month end (accounts people would know what I'm talking about cause I work in an accounts department), I need a viable excuse to let me have a couple of weeks off. Birthday, wedding, etc, etc. Please try and make these legit excuses. I'll cry if I can't get off the dates I want, but I still want to visit my fellow Jedi, Sith and Bounty Hunters!
  2. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    It will be great to have you here Nat :D

Besides attending Collectormania, what sort of things are you interested in doing?
    We have a bunch of free museums and a lot of decent West End shows.
  3. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Oh, West End is definitely on my radar! This time I want to see more than two shows! I have done most of the toursity things in London, so I want to see other things. Maybe see a bit more out of London.

Do you think if I said "Star Wars Convention" that will only be in London then, that they'll believe me???
  4. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Asked for time off: Check
    Approved: Check

Now time to book a flight!!!!
  5. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
  6. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Yay!!! [face_dancing]

So... any suggestions to what to do? Who wants to come see a musical with me? I'm paying!
    Anyone know of decent, cheap accommodation? Free even? (that means I'll cook and help out!)
  7. SithLordDarthRichie London CR

Chapter Rep
    star 8
    Accomodation in London is not cheap anywhere unfortunately.

8. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Accomodation anywhere is never cheap. Really, I'm just looking for a place to crash everyday. Most of teh time I will out sightseeing or hanging out with my good friends from FF:UK! I'll most likely end up in a backpackers unless someone wants to put me up (highly doubtful, but worth a try!)
  9. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    If you know where to look (which I don't unfortunately) I have heard that there are several cheap women-only backpacker places in London
  10. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I will have to check that out. Apparently there is this search engine called "Google" that helps with things like this!
  11. emilsson Chosen One

star 6
    When I moved to London I spent the first days at St Christopher's Inn. I found their prices to be quite acceptable and I think they let you book a women only room if you want.
  12. halibut Ex-Mod

star 8
    Just don't type "Google" into it, otherwise you will break the internet
  13. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Really? Maybe I should try that on my computer at work. It's on its last legs....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.