main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Execute Order Sixty-six.", said Palpatine to every ARC & CC, I await confirmation from everyone?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Tricky, Oct 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RebelJoseWales

RebelJoseWales Jedi Master star 3

Sep 10, 2008
    Just a question: Why can't anyone just say "it's a plot hole" and move on?

2. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    Probably because we don't see enough in the movie to confirm it either way.

And because we Star Wars fans do love our retcons. :D

3. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    Because it isn't?

4. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    You haven't been here very long, have you?

5. Vrook_Lamar

Vrook_Lamar Jedi Padawan star 4

May 12, 2008
    The EU exists to fill plotholes so Star Wars fans are a bit too spoiled to just accept plot holes.

6. CooperTFN

CooperTFN TFN EU Staff Emeritus star 7 VIP

Jul 8, 1999
    Unless I'm forgetting something in the novel, the only clone we know he spoke to directly was Cody - the rest could be looking at relays or recordings. My personal interpretation has always been that he did Cody personally because he'd had a personal hate going on for Obi for thirteen years, and wanted to savor that one - besides which, Obi stood the best chance of turning Anakin back around in he survived, so From A Certain Point Of View, his death going off smoothly was actually more important than anyone else's, even Yoda's, because Palpatine doesn't consider a handful of Jedi a threat to the two of them, as seen in Dark Lord. So he gets a confirmation from Cody, then does the rest in a big relay, that through sheer happenstance took a little too long (which could be a matter of as little as thirty seconds) to get to Gree. I can't see any other explanation for Yoda falling late enough in the game to be forewarned - Palpatine may have been more concerned about Obi, but he's not so sloppy that he's gonna give Yoda a fighting chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.