main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ExGal

Discussion in 'Literature' started by McMickMack, Nov 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McMickMack

McMickMack Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 10, 2005
    ExGal was introduced to Expanded Universe fans via the novel Vector Prime. I find it is strange that we have never heard of this organisation again. For example, there have now been two invasions from extra-galactic races: Nagai / Toff and the Yuuzhan Vong. The question has been answered: Yes, there is life outside the galaxy. Each contact from an extragalactic civilization has always so far resulted in conflict. Wouldn't you think during the aftermath of the Yuuzahn Vong war, post reconstruction, that the Government would put a heightened emphasis and increased funding for this organisation to detect future extragalactic threats?

2. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    Oh I'm sure they're still out there protecting the GFFA from the scum of the universe. But unless they're important to a particular story we aren't going to hear from them. Just think of all the other millions of companies and groups we never hear about about unless it matters to the story. - Or if Lando owns it!

3. McMickMack

Nov 10, 2005
    We seem to hear more about the companies that Lando owns, rather than Lando himself nowadays... :(

4. RogueWompRat

RogueWompRat Jedi Youngling star 4

Feb 15, 2003
    I thought the Nagai were from a starcluster in the galactic halo?

5. McMickMack

Nov 10, 2005
    I can't confirm, as my knowledge and memory of the Marvel comics is a little rusty at the moment.

6. EmperorSorridom

EmperorSorridom Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 2, 2005
    Yes, the Nagai homeworld is on the fringe of the galaxy.

7. EwokStromboli

EwokStromboli Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2004
    How big was ExGal? I recall the Danni Quee observatory was pretty small---less than a dozen employees, if that. I wonder if the YV invasion dispersed and/or killed off the organization.

8. McMickMack

Nov 10, 2005
    Danni's was ExGal4... I wonder how many stations there are?

9. Havet_Storm

Havet_Storm Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2004
    At least four I'd say!

Interesting though, to see how big the corporation was. Since the outpost at Vector Prime - probably seen as the most likely place, pre-invasion, for extraglactic beings to enter the GFFA from was so small.

10. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    my sense that ExGal was kinda like the SETI project here on earth - a relatively small group of people who mostly go to remote areas to listen. not a lot of state support as the money is better spent elsewhere, like on the problems within the galaxy.

11. GreenLightsaber24

GreenLightsaber24 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 19, 2002
    There were fifteen members of ExGal on Belkadan; Eleven men and four women. Only 10 were named:

1. Bensin Tomri (male human)
    2. Bendodi Ballow-Reese (male human)
    3. Garth Breise (male human)
    4. Cho Badeleg (male human)
    5. Luther De'Ono (male human)
    6. Tee-ubo Doole (female Twi'lek)
    7. Lysire Donabelle (female human)
    8. Jerem Cadmir (male human)
    9. Danni Quee (female human)
    10. Yomin Carr (male human[by all appearances]/Yuuzhan Vong)

One woman and four men were not named in the book, but were slaughtered by Yomin Carr after Danni and the others left the planet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.