main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Exis Station information?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Agent_Jaster, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Agent_Jaster

Agent_Jaster Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    I'm currently writing a fanfic and I need some information concerning the Exis Station, purchased by the Jedi Order after the last Sith War (3900 years or so BBY). I need to know namely where it's located (and what planet it may be orbiting), how large it is, and how long it was used as the Jedi Temple.

Any help, or simply any leads is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    The last Sith war was a millenium ago. You mean The Great Sith War? Redemp never said, but I'd say it's rimward; the TOTJ/KOTORs have large presence there.

3. Agent_Jaster

May 29, 2005
    Yeah, sorry. I meant the Great Sith War (Exar Kun, Ulic Qel-Droma).

I was thinking ToTJ was where it was mentioned (I heard it was the Redemption series?), but I don't have those issues, nor do I know where to find them. (I'd prefer to be cheap and lazy and find the summaries online, hoping info is there).

4. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    There isn't (or rather, wasn't) that terribly much galactographic info given in the series, per its location. For what it's worth, though, the station proper isn't orbiting any planet that can be identified; it's clearly proximate to its system's primary, since Vima's ship spun into its pull within such a short period of moments.

It seems to be a mining facility of some importance to the Republic, and apparently would need to be placed near certain hyperspacial beacon routes as they existed at the time, owing to the outshipping of ore and the "crossroads" nature that the logistics of a convocation of that size would call for.

5. Agent_Jaster

May 29, 2005
    So I suppose then that would leave it open for me in my story then? It wouldn't mess with canon, so long as I keep what was mentioned in TotJ?

*hopes*

PS--I do apologize for asking this when there's a Fanfic forum already. I thought that I'd ask for info in the EU forum, as chances would be there'd be more people who'd know in this forum than the other. So sorry to the mods if I broke any rules. >.>

6. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Not a prob...quite frankly, the sky's the limit, since that's been Exis's only appearance in the continuity to date.

7. clonewarseu

clonewarseu Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    Wasn't it also in one of the Junior Jedi Knights books about Anakin and Tahiri? I seem to remember some guy calling himself the Mage Orlok of Exis Station, and then the guy got Uldir to join him for a time or something.

Am I remembering right. It's been a long time since I read the JJK books.

8. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    I believe Luke found Tionne there.

9. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Anderson worked on both comic and that book.

10. LastOneStanding

LastOneStanding Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2004
    I believe Luke found Tionne there.

Actually, I believe Luke found Kam Solusar there. If I remember right, this matter was supposed to be covered in the canceled comic that was supposed to take place between DE and DE II.

11. Mavrick889

Mavrick889 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 1999
    Read through Junior Jedi Knights # 5 (I think it's 5...it might be 6), and the short story Firestorm. I'll check both today to see if they mention where the station is located.

12. Kwenn

Kwenn Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2001
    A few pieces of info, first from Timetales:

"....the first convocation of the Jedi Knights in a decade, held by Nomi Sunrider at the partially-built Exis Station, built to replace Ossus" (Tales of the Jedi: Redemption summary, -3,986 BBY)

And later;

"One night on Ord Mantell, she meets a rodent like alien named Fonterrat, and makes a deal with him that secures her the location of Exis Station, the legendary Jedi space station. Eagerly, Tionne sets off for Exis Station to find historical records of the Jedi, even though she has been warned that Exis Station is unstable because it is been drawn closer and closer over the centuries to the star that it orbits.....Tionne and Luke both head for Exis Station. The two encounter each other just as the station starts to break up, and all Tionne can salvage is a holorecording of Nomi Sunrider." (SW Adventure Journal: Firestorm, 11 ABY)

Finally, the CUSWE states that Exis Station is located in the Teedio system.

"Over the centuries, Exis Station was eventually abandoned, and it began to drift closer to its closest star, Teedio, as its power supplies dwindled. During the last decades of the Old Republic, entrepreneurial miners established a base on Exis Station, and used the Station's proximity to Teedio to collect all sorts of ion and solar-flare energy. Smaller modules were connected to the main hub by an assortment of tunnels and tubes, and Exis itself began to look like a rayed star. Teedio's unstable makeup produced incredible bursts, and the miners made huge profits. When Teedio became too unstable, though, the Station was abandoned again. The Jedi Knights, who had maintained a vast library and storehouse on the station, took their treasures and scattered them throughout the galaxy"

The CUSWE also mentions that Luke and Tionne use their powers to save Exis from burning up in the star, giving the Jedi time to explore its secrets. And yes, the Mage Orloc does visit Exis Station in Junior Jedi Knights #6: Kenobi's Blade.

13. Leto II

Jan 23, 2000
    Looks as if I'll have to be picking up a couple of those JJKs, then. Should've remembered the "Firestorm" SWAJ material, though...#11 was only recently unboxed from storage after a home-remodel, along with the rest, and most of my RPG stuff.

Flipping through it right now, although that "Timetales" entry is slightly in error -- it's clear from the series that the station was chosen for the convocation, as there's dialogue to the effect of, "The miners want their station back now."

14. Agent_Jaster

May 29, 2005
    Thanks a bunch for the info guys! That helps out a lot. Teedio system, eh? I'll definately use that.

Again, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.