main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Exodus (Action/Adventure/Drama AU -- all cast) Updated 11/05

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Ceillean, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Title: Exodus
    Author: Ceillean
    Genre: Alternate Universe
    Characters: everyone (mostly canon)
    Timeline: about 40ABY
    Notes: A while ago, I was IM'ing with Maggy and we were discussing AU's.
    In a nutshell, this was the discussion:

Maggy: You don't write Au's.
    Ceillean: Yeah, I do.
    Maggy: No. You write Kyp and Liz. That's not AU.

So basically, this is Maggy's fault. :p

Summary: n/a (still working on it)

PM List

Celeste
    DarthBellum
    JediLover
    AzureAngel

[b]One[/b]

[i][u]Aboard the Daedalus, Captain Jagged Fel's flagship[/u][/i]

Death by torture wasn?t the way Ganner Rhysode wanted to go.

No. Somewhere up high amongst the stars behind the controls of his X-Wing, obliterated into tiny molecules while saving the universe. A hero?s death suited him just fine.

But this? This was totally putting a dent of enormous proportions into his ego.

?Tell me what I want to know.?

Slumped in a metallic chair, Ganner tilted his head back and cracked a bloody smile. It seemed like every inch of his body was on fire, starting at his toes and slithering upward into his head. He coughed, winced at the pain in his lungs and spat on the floor, spittle mixed with bright red blood in front of his captors? feet. ?You?re not my type, sweetheart.?

At first there was that quiet clicking sound, a button pushed with a perfectly manicured finger. Then torrents of electricity shot through his body. Slowly, white smoke twirled upward and it held the putrid stink of burned hair. The pain in his muscles was immense but he wouldn?t scream. He bit down on his teeth as hard as he could, thinking that he might actually break his jaw but Ganner didn?t care. He wouldn?t make a single sound.

And then it was over.

For about five seconds.

Ganner had just enough time to blink sweat from his eyes before the red-headed hag hit the button again. His body jerked up from the chair but there was nowhere to go with his hands bound tightly around the back. Muscles snapped taught, tendons rose from beneath his skin. Seconds of agony turned into an eternity of white hot pain.

?Are you done toying with me?? She lifted her thumb from the button, lips twisting up into a sweet little smile. Maybe in some parallel dimension she would have been pretty. She was all female, which was abundantly clear given the tight combat suit painted onto her body and she had a nice face, too. But her eyes gave the evil away. It was like looking into the burning tar pits of hell.

?Who said anything about toying?? Ganner tried to breathe normally but given how many volts of electricity had used him as a temporary home, it was difficult. ?I?m not into red-heads, that?s all.?

She purred at him as she came closer, quiet little taps on the floor when she swayed her hips from side to side. Ganners? eyes were glued to the little device clutched in her hand. It was so clichéd that he almost laughed. For a moment he imagined he was stuck in some cheap action flick and just before he died, his friends would come to rescue him.

It was a nice fantasy at least. He knew for a fact that no one was going to come get him.

?Pity.? She said quietly, setting the device aside on a low table just a step away. It was a different kind of torture, letting him actually see the instruments that might or might not lead to his death but he foresaw more than a bucket load of pain in his immediate future.

Ganner swallowed when she picked up a thin silver laser scalpel, the kinds used by field medics in war zones. Depending on which level the laser was set, the things could cut through bone like butter. Fear made his heart hammer against his ribs. He wasn?t too keen on losing body parts after all.

She held it firmly in her hand as she turned to face him,

2. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Maybe in some parallel dimension she would have been pretty.

[face_laugh] subtle much? :p

Well that was delightfully creepy.

And evil Mara... *shudder*

Looking forward to much more. :D

3. LoriLynn

LoriLynn Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2011
    I couldn't agree more!
    I love evil Mara and quasi-evil, kind of confusing Kyp. Those two would make an excellent team if they didn't hate each other so much!

4. CelseteAntola

CelseteAntola TF.N Books Staff star 3 VIP

May 18, 2002
    :D

Oohhh...

Wow, Ceil. This is already off to such a great start! I have a million questions buzzing through my head.

The characterizations were so wonderfully twisted, yet so perfectly spot-on at the same time. I love it already!

Any chance I can get on the PM list? [face_batting]

Looking forward to more!

~Celsete

5. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    Very intriguing beginning!=D= The wicked Mara as beautiful as she tried to Gunner ... [face_love] I wonder what kind of girl Rhysode asked to save.[face_thinking]
    I want very much to the PM listO:)

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    I don't consider Liz to be AU either. More like absolutely canon.

Evil Mara is very interesting, always... and Kyp is always, always, a edible draw LOL

Looking forward to where this is headed.

=D=

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Wow, that is creepy. I don't like evil Mara, but I think you got me hooked in that first post. Can you put me on a PM update list if you have one? Thanks!

8. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

9. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

10. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

11. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

12. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

13. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

14. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    And I thought MsLanna/ Etain was the only one being into torture.

:p

Darf ich bitte, bitte auch auf diese update Liste?

This sounds so intriguing. Whom was he trying to protect?

And the story has Kyp and Mara in it.

:D

15. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

16. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001
    Two

?You sure we're in the right place?? Anakin held his blaster loosely in his left hand, frowning into the dark and wondering where the smell of the dead was coming from. He wrinkled his nose at the stench but also at the general surrounding.

It was a swamp, more or less. The heat was all but unbearable and after only a few minutes, Anakin was drenched in sweat. Insects buzzed about him and no matter how often he swatted the things away, they kept coming back. ?Seriously, Zekk? You've got to be kidding, right? Who in their right mind would voluntarily live here??

Zekk, leading the way through the swamp, looked over his shoulder and Anakin narrowed his eyes at the way the older man smiled. ?A desperate man, Anakin. And yeah, I'm pretty sure we're in the right place.?

Anakin jumped over a rock that turned out to be an animal and it hissed at Anakin, baring tiny pointy teeth when it scurried past his boot. This was most definitely not a paradise vacation resort, a place Anakin would have traded a foot and a hand to be at that moment. ?Tell me again why we need this guy??

Zekk stopped dead in his tracks and turned around to face him. He was an imposing figure, almost two meters tall and with the light green eyes and thick black hair that was braided down to his ass, most people made it their business to get the hell out of his way. But Anakin had known the man half his life and even if Zekk decided to go all evil-eye on him, it didn't work.

Most of the time.

?Because this guy is a fracking Jedi Master, that's why.?

Anakin rolled his eyes. ?You know, you put too much hope into all this Jedi nonsense.?

?It's not nonsense.? Zekk said, exasperated. ?Given that I am a Jedi, you should know better.?

?You're a pretend Jedi, Zekk. Wanna bet I can let things float around with my mind, too? Give me a miniature grav generator and I'll be the next best thing, just you wait.?

?Mhm.? Zekk pushed a few vines aside and sidestepped a group of disgusting looking black insects. ?Let's see you use a magicians trick to read someone's mind. Or better yet, let's see you influence someone without moving a finger.?

Anakin frowned. ?You can't do all that.? He paused, inclined his head to the side. ?Can you??

Zekk laughed. ?Get moving, you idiot.?

They came out into a wide grassy clearing. In the center, surrounded by a multitude of colorful flowers, stood a small cottage. A speeder bike, antique by the looks of it, was locked down inside an open garage and Zekk spotted a few droid parts scattered about. It'd be a miracle if all that stuff actually still worked, given the humidity of the planet.

As Zekk and Anakin approached, the front door of the cottage opened, sliding sideways into the wall. The man in the doorway was not the man Zekk remembered.

?Why have you come?? He demanded, his voice clear and firm. Zekk smiled. His appearance might have changed but Luke Skywalker still had that annoying pitch in his voice, the one he'd used when he'd still taught at the academy.

It felt like a lifetime ago.

?We came because we'd like to talk.? Zekk answered truthfully. He stood only a few feet away and bowed in greeting. ?If you would grant us an audience, of course.?

?Depends on what you want to talk about.?

Zekk caught movement behind Luke, a little girl hiding in a corner. No doubt Luke felt his surprise in the Force. This was a complication Zekk hadn't anticipated.

He cleared his throat and gestured to Anakin standing at his side. ?This is --?

?I know who he is.? Luke answered slowly, turning grey eyes towards the young man. ?We've met.?

Anakin raised his brows. ?We have??

Luke took a deep breath and sighed. He'd aged greatly since last Zekk had spoken to him. His hair used to be blond but now it was as white as snow. His eyes, once a lively blue, had dulled to grey but it was the lines in his face that made him seem so old and so very, very tired. ?Come inside. Have some tea.?

Adya, the little girl Zekk had spotted, turned out to be Luke's daughter. How his sources could have missed this

17. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    *gives a frantic Kermit the frog applause, feeling less blue after a day with a lot of private upset & questioning her hobbies even (= writing fanfic & doing fanart)*

?Why have you come?? He demanded, his voice clear and firm. Zekk smiled. His appearance might have changed but Luke Skywalker still had that annoying pitch in his voice, the one he'd used when he'd still taught at the academy.

Luke lives on Dagobah.

He has a daughter.

And is hiding from the Empire, protecting her. Oh, this is going to be sooooo good!

*is excited for the first time in hours*

Dankeschön!

18. LexiLupin

LexiLupin Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 27, 2011
    Ooooh- :D Interesting- Anakin an orphan? But still Luke's nephew?

I think it's great that Luke is protecting his daughter and didn't just LOSE THE WILL TO LIVE when his side lost whatever war has ravaged your AU.

(*Lexi punches Padmé in the face*)

Oh, and liked the little Choices of One quote at the end there. ;)

Well, I am certainly looking forward to learning more about how things have gotten to this point. I also look forward to seeing more Kyp and Mara annoying the hell out of one another. O:)

Update soon!

[:D]

19. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Ceillean you should be a professional Star Wars author because, like them, you kill my favorite characters. :_| :_| Okay Luke is not dead, but I don't trust you.[face_not_talking]

It is good to see Luke with a daughter, but it is sad he is shut away on a slimy mudhole. I want Luke to be a hero and save the day, but as a parent I think I would hide away and make sure my kid was safe also. Well, that's probably not true because I am think my children would make the Emperor cringe.

Interesting story so far. I hope there is a halfway happy ending. Please![face_praying]

20. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

21. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

22. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

23. DarthBellumSolo

DarthBellumSolo Jedi Master star 1

Mar 26, 2008
    Anakin is Luke Skywalker's nephew, but the orphan ... [face_thinking] That's interesting. I wonder what happened to his parents. And Jacen and Jaina will be?[face_praying]
    Always thought of Luke would have made a good hermit. And I'm wondering who is the mother of his daughter.[face_praying]
    Thank you for adding me to the PM list![face_dancing] I look forward to continue:) and Kip with Mara;)

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]

24. Ceillean

Nov 13, 2001

25. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Awesome post!!!!! =D= Intriguing to see how different yet similar the characters are from themselves [face_thinking] especially Luke. Quite different, the fire's definitely gone out :( :(

He's not interested any more in bringing about change of any kind - just leave me be and let me live a "normal" life.

Whereas Zekk and Anakin think and believe: How normal can it be? For anyone? o_O