main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Exodus: Gods and Kings

Discussion in 'Community' started by Skywalker8921, Jul 9, 2014.

1. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow. Bleached out film stock. Huge battles. Never seen that before. Where was the Hans Zimmer score with the wailing women?

2. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    So,

"Do not forget your dy...oy!"

3. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Ridley Scott. Has armies on horses charging at one another. I'll probably see it.

4. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Was there a battle with charging armies in that trailer, though? Forgive me, I may have forgotten, but I'm pretty sure all I saw were shots of numerous chariots, of the same affiliation, heading in one direction, which I assume are the same chariots that will get smashed up when the waves un-part.

Edit: just watched it again, nvm there were.

5. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    Lee Daniel's The Bible - casting John Cusack as God is a bit strange, but it'll be worth seeing for Liev Schreiber as King Saul. Casting Oprah as Jesus is sure to cause a little backlash, however.

And I really want to see Guillermo del Toro's version of Revelation.

Or Scorsese telling the story of Jesus. . . or, wait, that would probably be ridiculous.

6. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    When does Gilgamesh get his own $200 million movie?

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Forget Gilgamesh, what about Aeneas? His love story is like tailor-made for Hollywood, millennia before the industry!

Jabbadabbado likes this.
  8. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Once Disney manages to consolidate all of the Marvel titles under their banner, studios will likely go to the public domain for their next super hero franchises. So be on the look out for 20th Century Fox's The Fantastic Twelve and DamnedDevil, as well as Sony's The Amazing Solo-Mon.

Rogue1-and-a-half likes this.
  9. Saintheart

Saintheart Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 16, 2000
    Admitting a guilty pleasure here, but I'd actually like to see a proper attempt at a King David movie. The 1985 Richard Gere effort is horribly bad in many respects, but maybe because I was still a teenager when I first saw it there are a couple of scenes from it that stick with me: the slowmo shot of David smashing his model of his proposed Temple with Goliath's massive sword and the scene where he dances almost-naked before the Ark. And the period is apparently replete with potential for good, dramatic stories, not the least of which is David's own war against his son -- very Arthur/Mordred.

Jedi Merkurian and Sarge like this.
  10. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Yeah, but why stop there? Maybe they should make a whole television drama out of it. Except, to make it even more palatable to modern audiences, they could bring the story forward into a modern context with an autocratic state abutting hostile neighbors. They could do clever stuff like have "Goliath" be the name of a particularly difficult to beat piece of enemy military equipment. The entire traditional cast could be there, but at the same time they could make easier commentary on present day issues. Since they're not tied to a completely faithful recreation of the original story, they could introduce their own subplots. The faithful would recognize the series for what it was, while all the great drama, romance, and action would make it fun for general audiences too. They could call it something like, I don't know, Kings.

Oh, wait. You jerks never watched it. Thanks a lot, Darth Guy & AaylaSecurOWNED

[face_plain]

Rogue1-and-a-half and Lord Vivec like this.
  11. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Saintheart looks over Jabba-wocky's post.

EDIT: What the hell, the curseblocker knocks it out of http addresses too?

[​IMG]

12. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    It's a raw text parser, of course it does.

13. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Well, ****. I mean, bah.

14. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    I don't get it?

15. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    I am impressed, Wocky. That's what I meant.

16. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Hey, I rewatched the pilot again a couple months ago because my friend is obsessed with Sebastian Stan now.

17. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    why is joel edgerton such hot shid and in practically every big movie? fastbinder i can understand, but not this EDGERTON.

18. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    He was the worst thing about The Great Gatsby.

19. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    he must have the hot ass connexxx or something.

20. duende

Apr 28, 2006
    sexodus: cods 'n' kinks

21. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Hope it's a great film. Early thoughts by myself believe it won't be. Might as well be Robin Hood all over again. If fact I'm sure it will be the same structure as RH.

He needs to stop with the epics.

He should have done FOREVER WAR a long time ago. It's a smaller story that has the sy-fy spectacle that he can make into a great film. It would make a great ending to a great sy-fy trilogy, Alien, Bladerunner, FOREVER WAR.

Sarge likes this.
  22. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Joe Haldeman is a huge idiot and he's one of the first authors I ever hated purely on the merits of their story. I hope that nothing in the "Forever" series ever gets made.

23. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    I agree with the criticism of the rest of the Forever series, but not the first. The Forever War is a brilliant piece of proper science fiction.

24. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Wocky feels personally betrayed by the books. I don't think there's anything we can say to make him feel better.

25. Saintheart

Dec 16, 2000
    Well, if anyone's ever read Ender's Game first followed by the first page of any other Orson Scott Card novel ever, they've probably felt the same.