main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Exodus (Post-NJO AU: Jaina, Jacen, Anakin Solo, H/L, L/M, Tahiri, Jag, Kyp, more) New fic 5/30/08!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    haha ... too slow, Tahi

Yobs, awesome post =D=
    Zekk get hits, me like that ;) [face_mischief]
    more thoughts later tho

tired, late ... you know ... someone kept me on my toes the last week and I stayed up long working [:D]

[will insert here her thanks to all those who said nice things about the cover]

2. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Third!

Thoughtful reply to come... :D

3. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    :eek: Did you just kill 3 characters on the dramatis personae in 1 chapter?Okay now I'm scared.

4. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    Good and action packed. It seems the Jedi are in a lot of trouble. Actually it seems like anyone with the Force is. Are we going to learn the connection between this Sith Lord and Palapatine and Vader, since it seems they have known or heard of each other

5. rebel_cheese

rebel_cheese Jedi Master star 4

Jul 6, 2006
    Exigence

First word of the new chapter and I already have to look it up in the dictionary. [face_frustrated]

*comes back after reading definition*. Oh. Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :eek:

Zekk could no longer feel the blinding pain in his leg as he collapsed. His body began to spasm uncontrollably and his moth frothed. The last image the young Jedi saw before his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he lost consciousness completely, was a sea of blue armor surrounding him.

OMG. And you just leave us like this biting our nails? [face_shame_on_you] You're more evil than I am! Darth YodaKenobi, Sith Overseer indeed. :p Really, really nice description of Zekk's discussion and the events of the past month, btw.

The hunter said nothing, only standing over the Jedi and watching her die with a sort of chilling indifference that might have stilled others' blood, until Wylla Kor lost all thought, and sunk completely into the Force's embrace forever.

Poor Wylla, killed by Faybol. :mad: I am suddenly reminded of Aayla's demise at the hands of the clones . . . except Faybol is far more vicious than the clones were. But the 'chilling indifference' part makes me wonder about Faybol's motivations . . . or even if he has any. [face_thinking]

Kyp had been his name? Kyp Durron. He'd come with another young Jedi, about two months earlier. The dark-haired Jedi had tried to convince her that she was a Jedi, that she should go back with them as a Jedi herself.

It's always Kyp's fault isn't it? :p Poor Baliss regardless. She doesn't even have a lightsaber. :( At least she's pretty good with a blaster. I hope we'll see her again before the end of this story regardless.

Intense opener! =D= I can't wait to see where this story goes, and learn about the fates of Zekk (I wonder if he's even still alive) and Baliss.

Thanks for the PM. :)

6. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YK: In the month since the Vagaari launched the invasion of Denon and the Raithians joined the Galactic Alliance, ...

More like since the Galactica Alliance joined the Raithians. [face_frustrated]

he had removed almost any vestige that might identify him as a Jedi.

Huh, maybe Zekk's not as dumb as I thought. Those Jedi robes do kinda stick out...

"I'm going to assume you just said my name because you are a fool and not because you're trying to get me killed," she said evenly.

Okay, maybe he is that foolish. :p

"I see," Dag'nar said thoughtfully, absently stroking the fur on her chin. "That could be quite tricky? and costly."

It's always costly. :rolleyes:

Why do the Jedi need a shield generator? Ossus maybe [face_thinking] ?

A cold knot formed between Zekk's shoulder blades that sent his head whipping around to find the source of his distress. The spike of fear a Jedi felt was more than familiar to him? he was in danger.

o_O All of the Jedi, including you, are being hunted down by the Raithians and sooner or later the rest of the Alliance. You've always been in danger.

It was a trap.

<Gasp> What a surprise. :p Traps are to Star Wars as water is to Earth. 8-}

A familiar snap-hiss sounded as a blinding white column erupted from the hilt of his lightsaber in a mist of scarlet. In an instant, the weapon's brilliance drew a hail of stun bolts like a shadowmoth to a flame. Zekk managed to block one? not an easy feat considering the wider arc of the blast? and rolled away from the others, still crouched.

Pestile toxin.

With the help of Talon Karrde's information network, they'd been able to track the origin of the mysterious poison to Felucia, but it did little to help Zekk at the moment.

Two things:
    1) They seem to be taking great pains to capture Jedi. Didn't Revan do something similar? [face_thinking]

2) Well, I guess we know at least one way Felucia is going to play into this fic. :p

Wylla made a sharp turn down a shadowy alley, thrusting her lissome legs in a desperate attempt to make it back to the spaceport. There was no escape from him. She could feel his presence in the Force? predatory, hungry, and near.

The Witch-King? 8-}

It was all that Jedi's fault? all the Jedi's and the fault of the golden crop shimmering in the sunlight outside.

Kyp had been his name? Kyp Durron. He'd come with another young Jedi, about two months earlier. The dark-haired Jedi had tried to convince her that she was a Jedi, that she should go back with them as a Jedi herself.

Geez, why blame Kyp? Why not blame Jacen? Oh wait, this isn't the SWU. 8-}

Good start to the story General Yobi. =D=

cheese: I am suddenly reminded of Aayla's demise at the hands of the clones . . .

You mean this: [face_devil]

[image=http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r213/CloneCmdrWedge/Order66.gif]

[face_mischief] Heh heh.

except Faybol is far more vicious than the clones were.

Excuse me? Are you suggesting that Faybol is superior to my clones? :mad:

7. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    You felled the walking tree? [face_laugh]

Sorry couldn't resist. [face_blush]

I loved the opening paragraph and subsequent paragraphs on down. Your opening sequence was very well written. Bravo! Intrigue. Some set up and some incredible action =D=

"I'm going to assume you just said my name because you are a fool and not because you're trying to get me killed," she said evenly.

Oh and a classic line right off the bat!

Can't wait for next Friday. There's no doubt I'll remember when this one is posted ;)

8. DARTH_MU

DARTH_MU Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I haven't read the prequel to this, but I'm surprised that the Vagaari got this powerful.
    Remind me of the beginning of Star by Star.
    Nothing like killing young innocent female not quite Jedis.
    I'm thinking Kyp should act more responsibly, like protecting those he teaches.

9. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    Zekk could no longer feel the blinding pain in his leg as he collapsed. His body began to spasm uncontrollably and his moth frothed. The last image the young Jedi saw before his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he lost consciousness completely, was a sea of blue armor surrounding him.

Holy Jedi Massacre!

10. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Even in the Bothan world's metropolis however, he couldn't seem to escape the fetid stench of old cheese that emanated from the fungus on the forest-tree's trunks.

Ewww... [face_sick]
    He should use to force to block the stench...
    :p

In the month since the Vagaari launched the invasion of Denon and the Raithians joined the Galactic Alliance, he had removed almost any vestige that might identify him as a Jedi. A crimson synth-leather jacket, simple tunic, and gray trousers had replaced his Jedi robes, and though he'd opted to draw his long black mane in a tail rather than cut it off, he'd begun to grow a wispy beard over his increasingly gaunt and pallid young face.

Nice description of Zekk, there, Yobie! Sounds like he's been having a rough time...

Zekk ignored her, his eyes scanning the plaza intently as every muscle in his body pulled taut. And then he saw them? armored troops rushing in from all the plaza's exits. It wasn't the gallant armor the Raithian soldiers wore when they'd first come to Denon as saviors? instead, the metallic blue plating seemed cold and intimidating, their helmets adorned with darkly tinted faceplates that gave them the appearance of having no eyes.

Argh!!! [face_worried]
    The description of their armour...sent shivers up my spine...
    [face_worried]

It was a trap.

Isn't it always?? ;)

The face of the Raithian forces was known across the galaxy of course, and beloved. Those seeking refuge weren't frightened by the soldiers? they were filled with terror because they knew the Raithian presence there meant one of those treacherous Jedi were nearby, or some other enemy of the Alliance, and they didn't want to get caught in the crossfire.

*sigh* ... Just like the days of the Empire...

He staggered forward until he felt something sharp pierce his left shoulder from behind. The soldiers behind him had managed to catch up and get a clean look at him, but it wasn't another shatter gun round that had struck him? Zekk knew exactly what it was as his limbs went numb and the lightsaber slipped from his grasp, clattering to the floor next to the smoldering corpse of his victim.

Oh no! Zekk!!! :eek:

If it had been a substance they were forced to inhale, there were Force-techniques to slow its effects, but there was little even a Jedi could do to stop a toxin that simply needed to touch their skin.

No Jedi is safe!!! [face_worried] ...This is bad... [face_worried]

:eek:[face_worried]
    What will happen to him now??

Wylla Kor ran.

More running!!!
    This is just like the Empire days...
    *hides*

It hadn't just been a squad of Raithian troopers there waiting for her? He had been there as well.
    The being the Jedi had come to fear.

Argh!!! *worried*

The hunter said nothing, only standing over the Jedi and watching her die with a sort of chilling indifference that might have stilled others' blood, until Wylla Kor lost all thought, and sunk completely into the Force's embrace forever.

:eek::_|
    ...um...that was graphic...scary...
    Poor Wylla!!! :_|

*In all seriousness, your use of descriptions in that particular passage was amazing!! That was a wonderful piece of writing, Yobie!!!
    =D=

Baliss recognized them, of course. She may not have had HoloNet access out in the country, but

11. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    Thanks for the PM Yoda

I can help but be reminded of the slaughter of the Jedi by the clone troopers in episode 3. At the moment this seems like a hopeless fight. I am guessing Faybol is partly responsible?!

I loved the way you used three individuals to express what was happening to the Jedi!

Thanks again for a great chapter

12. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

great psot yoda, really love this story so far.

13. Dark_Lord_Jax

Dark_Lord_Jax Jedi Master star 1

Nov 20, 2002
    Great post, Yobi. And great cover art, Maggy.

Just a question. Has Jacen learned how to make himself invisible in the Force here? It would be nice to have a few Jedi that can avoid Faybol's 'radar.' Luke can do it (something the authors seen to have forgotten in the NJO) but it probably won't do him much good. ;)

14. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    Maggy: *first*

=D=

Tahi: Ha ha first one here - now I'm going to read and review.
    Grrr - Maggy got in just as I was posting. [shakes fist]

[face_laugh]

It was very close. We'll call it a tie ;)

Yeah, Zekk. Drink casual.

He's trying. He's no Han Solo.

Ewww. Reminds me of my husband?s socks.

[face_laugh]

Yikes!

That little detail was in the Essential Guide to Planets. Seemed like it was worth mentioning 8-}

Nice image!

Or Maxwell Smart.

LOL!

But oh deary me - poor old Zekk. And even worse for Wylla. Faybol is a cold callous being.

Yeah, he is :(

I really think Kyp was a bit stupid if he did try and contact Baliss. I mean there's a time and a place to recruit new Jedi, and this sure ain't it!

Actually, he tried to recruit her before the Raithian "invasion" so it wasn't his fault. It was in chapter 5 of AoH. Baliss just sees it as him bringing this terror down on her.

I hope she does get away. Maybe she could convince her plants to become carnivorous.

That would be handy!

The chapter certainly portrays the dire situation the Jedi are in. And now of course, I'm wondering how poor old Luke is faring, not to mention Anakin and Tahiri.

We will see Luke very soon, and Anakin even sooner.

Perfect cover. Love it. Is it my imagination, or does Jacen look like Johnny Depp? [slobber, slobber]

*Gets you a bucket*

Thanks for reading :D

Maggy: haha ... too slow, Tahi

This competition is get fierce :p

Yobs, awesome post

Zekk get hits, me like that

I thought a lot of J/Jers might like that 8-}

more thoughts later tho

Cool. Thanks for reading!

tired, late ... you know ... someone kept me on my toes the last week and I stayed up long working

Sorry about that. I should check my emails more often [face_blush]

oldj: Third!

*Awards the bronze* ;)

Thoughtful reply to come...

Yay :D Thanks for reading!

corran2: Did you just kill 3 characters on the dramatis personae in 1 chapter?Okay now I'm scared.

[face_laugh]

Well, I killed at least 2, and possibly a couple more :p Just wanted to get the story off on the right foot [face_mischief]

Thanks for reading :)

Talon_Kenobi: Good and action packed. It seems the Jedi are in a lot of trouble. Actually it seems like anyone with the Force is.

Yeah. Even the Force-sensitives who have no idea what's going on are probably at risk :( Faybol can sense them too.

Are we going to learn the connection between this Sith Lord and Palapatine and Vader, since it seems they have known or heard of each other

Yes. We'll learn the Malig/Palps connection in this one. We won't know about a Vader connection until the 3rd story. The best revelations about the Raithians are in the 3rd story ;)

Glad you liked the post :D

cheese: First word of the new chapter and I already have to look it up in the dictionary.

My beta picked it :p She's got an impressive vocabulary. Speaks 4 languages :eek:

*comes back after reading definition*. Oh. Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

She also picks good titles ;)

OMG. And you just leave us like this biting our nails?

It wasn't really much of a cliffhanger. You know all of those people are toast.

You're more evil than I am! Darth YodaKenobi, Sith Overseer indeed.

Thanks [face_devil]

Really, really nice description of Zekk's discussion and the events of the past month, btw.

Glad you liked it. Seemed like the best way to show the hunt rather than just talk about it.

Poor Wylla, killed by Faybol. I am suddenly reminded of Aayla's demise at the hands of the clones . . . except Faybol is far more vicious than the clones w

15. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    First of all, kudos to Maggy for the coverart.

Very chilling way to open it up, btw

16. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Mar 18, 2006
    YK: He's trying. He's no Han Solo.

Aaaaamen. :p

Yeah. Most people just don't realize that yet

I'm sure they'll come around to it. Eventually. ;)

Good question It will become clearer by chapter 7, IIRC.

Good. I'm still betting they want it for Ossus... [face_mischief]

Fact [/Tenel Ka]

[face_laugh]

*Shakes fist*

*Sticks out tongue.*:p

There's enough blame to go around for everyone. Let's lump some of it on Jacen too

Okay, sounds good. 8-}

Only on page 3 of the thread and you've already had the oppurtunity to use the Aalya Secure .gif twice Nice.

I plan on using it, and others as well, later. ;)

*Puts a helmet on*

Good. You may need it. Like now:

[image=http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r213/CloneCmdrWedge/CloneTroopervsSBDs.gif]

See? Don't want to mess with me. [face_devil]

17. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    They're working on that power.

Oh, that's good!

He and all of the Jedi

:_|

We'll find out eventually.

Ok! :D

A new Jedi purge

Yes...it's so sad!!! :_|

Thanks, I'm glad you liked it

:)

I agree about Zahn, the Thrawn trilogy was always that way for me, very cinematic. Glad this is that way for you so far

Yes, the Thrawn trilogy are my favourite Star Wars novels...they're actually the first ones I read! :) If only he would take control of the rest of the EU...he could have worked wonders with Anakin Solo...*sigh* :(

Thanks, new post will be up on Friday.

[face_dancing] *does new post dance*

S'okay, it wasn't long at all.

It felt long for me! :(

Thanks so much, everyone [:D]

Awww...[:D] back for writing it for us!!! :)

Ant. ]-}

18. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    SilSolo: First of all, kudos to Maggy for the coverart.

Hopefully she'll come in and take a bow soon =D=

Very chilling way to open it up, btw

Yeah, it definitely has a darker start than the last one. Thanks for reading :)

Wedge: I'm sure they'll come around to it. Eventually.

You must be an optimist :p

Good. I'm still betting they want it for Ossus...

Have to wait and see if you're right [face_shhh]

I plan on using it, and others as well, later.

Sweet [face_mischief] I have a good one of Aayla, but I save it for special occassions :p

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

That was friggin' awesome! [face_laugh] =D=

Nicely done *salutes*

Ant: Yes...it's so sad!!!

I'm hoping the excitement and mystery will override the tragedy 8-}

Yes, the Thrawn trilogy are my favourite Star Wars novels...they're actually the first ones I read!

Me too actually :D Well, I read the AotC novelization, but that's not really EU.

If only he would take control of the rest of the EU...he could have worked wonders with Anakin Solo...*sigh*

It would be nice to have him writing post-RotJ EU again, because his last couple books have been so flat :( I'm struggling to even see the point of him writing Allegiance :(

Awww... back for writing it for us!!!

Aww, that's sweet :)

New post on Friday :D We'll get our first glimpse of Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin making their way to Felucia [face_mischief] And maybe some important Force-vision related things [face_whistling]

19. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    I wanted to do that a while ago but illness kept me from paying attention longer then a few minutes 8-} and it still has a hold on me :(
    no ... actually for sleep I paid enough attention :p

thank you all for your kind words [:D]
    and I'm glad you all like it

I promise to come back with a better reply [face_blush]

thanks again :D

*bows*

Mags

20. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Mar 18, 2006
    YK: Have to wait and see if you're right

Always with the wait and see... [face_frustrated]

Sweet I have a good one of Aayla, but I save it for special occassions

What kind of special occassions? o_O

That was friggin' awesome!

Hence why I copied it. ;)

It would be nice to have him writing post-RotJ EU again, because his last couple books have been so flat I'm struggling to even see the point of him writing Allegiance

Thanks to college I haven't even gotten through Allegiance yet, and I got it the day it came out. [face_frustrated] My $0.02 on it so far: Nice to finally see some competent Stormtroopers. :p

21. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Okay, better late than never, right? :p

A crimson synth-leather jacket
    Does Zekk have a single white glove and do the moonwalk, too? [face_laugh]

the lightsaber he'd tucked into the waist of his pants
    Oh. I thought maybe he was happy to see the Bothan gal. [face_whistling]

The last image the young Jedi saw before his eyes rolled into the back of his head and he lost consciousness completely, was a sea of blue armor surrounding him.
    :eek: :eek: Wow. Zekk?s no chump, and they took him down with relative ease. That certainly makes the Raithans a good deal scarier? [face_mischief]

Yowza! Talk about chilling? [face_devil] Faybol is one nasty fella. =D=

Durron had said the fact she was able to make it grow so robustly was proof that she had the Jedi abilities and had used the Jedi's Force to make the plants so large.
    [face_shame_on_you] Kyp! Did you sign that poor girl?s death sentence? [face_worried]

Intriguing start, Yobi. :D Looking forward to the Solo kids next. [face_dancing]

22. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I?ve decided to take you up on your offer and dive head-first into your Saga, Yobi?and one of the first things I read is the GA is DEAD??!? Please, please?tell me Gilad wasn?t a party to it?s fracture! Callista?s ALIVE? Whoa! Is it this the Jedi Purges, revisited? I hope not! Great descriptions of the Solo kids. Question: Does that mean Jacen hasn?t cracked and gone Dark as he has in the books? [face_hopeful].

Great Prologue, Yobi! I can feel the urgency!

Chapter I

Zekk is meeting a contact on a Bothan world?neat! A bearded Zekk, interesting. Gavin?s dead?! :_| :mad:

I don?t know all that much about Talon [yet], except that I like him so I have two questions: First, in the books do his loyalties lie independent of both the Empire and the Republic/GA? Do they change through the course of the pro-fic books? Secondly, where does he stand in your Saga, Yobi? Yes, I have started reading the pro-fic books slowly?and very late, am I. However, I still like Gilad and Talon even waay back in the Thrawn Trilogy which I?m currently reading. Still dubious about Mara, though.

Did I read the first chapter, right? Did you kill three Jedi including my Zekk? Things look grim, indeed! Good job, Yobi! I?d like to be PM?d when this is updated. I may be a bit slow, but I?ll try to keep relatively up on this. =D= [:D]

Later, Yobi *Off to read Heir of the Empire* :p

*50th Post*

23. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    Lost was freakin awesome.I can't believe Charlie is going to die.Also,Desmond's visions were sweet,I only wish we could have seen a little bit of whats going to happen in the future.It looks like next week we're going to find out why the Others have the kids.[face_devil]

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Maggy: I wanted to do that a while ago but illness kept me from paying attention longer then a few minutes and it still has a hold on me
    no ... actually for sleep I paid enough attention

Aww, sorry to hear you're sick :( Hope you get feeling better soon.

thank you all for your kind words
    and I'm glad you all like it
    I promise to come back with a better reply

Thanks for making it :D

*bows*

=D=

Wedge: Always with the wait and see...

You really want me to tell you the secrets? :p

What kind of special occassions?

Thanks to college I haven't even gotten through Allegiance yet, and I got it the day it came out. My $0.02 on it so far: Nice to finally see some competent Stormtroopers.

Unfortunately he really doesn't give them much for individual personalities :( Dissappointing book since I love Zahn. It's still a fun story, I guess.

Lex: Okay, better late than never, right?

You're hardly "late" :p I posted just a few days ago.

Does Zekk have a single white glove and do the moonwalk, too?

Not quite, but my beta has noticed a striking similarity between him and another "pop star"...

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/princezekk.jpg] [image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/prince1.jpg]

Oh. I thought maybe he was happy to see the Bothan gal.

[face_laugh]

Wow. Zekk?s no chump, and they took him down with relative ease. That certainly makes the Raithans a good deal scarier?

Good [face_devil] They've been trained to take down Jedi [face_mischief]

Yowza! Talk about chilling? Faybol is one nasty fella.

You could say that [face_whistling]

Kyp! Did you sign that poor girl?s death sentence?

Not intentionally. He went to recruit her before the Raithian's came into the galaxy. Apparently, they've heard though [face_worried]

Intriguing start, Yobi.

Looking forward to the Solo kids next.

Hopefully it will be good :)

Dooku-Darklighter: I?ve decided to take you up on your offer and dive head-first into your Saga, Yobi

I admire your courage [face_mischief]

?and one of the first things I read is the GA is DEAD??!? Please, please?tell me Gilad wasn?t a party to it?s fracture!

While the Imperial Remnant is allied with the GA, they are not an official part in it as they were portrayed in DN and LotF. Pellaeon and the Remnant weren't a part of the GA's mistake in letting the Raithians join.

Callista?s ALIVE?

Yep. She started a small dark side cult dedicated to destroying the Yuuzhan Vong in "The Eighth Cortex" that failed. She was later taken prisoner by Faybol and learned a little about the Raithians. She was released and warned the Alliance of an attack.

Whoa! Is it this the Jedi Purges, revisited? I hope not! Great descriptions of the Solo kids. Question: Does that mean Jacen hasn?t cracked and gone Dark as he has in the books? [face_hopeful].

Yes. Jacen has not gone to the dark side.

Great Prologue, Yobi! I can feel the urgency!

Thank you :D

Chapter I
    Zekk is meeting a contact on a Bothan world?neat! A bearded Zekk, interesting. Gavin?s dead?!

A Raithian named "General RĂ©nin" killed him in AoH. He's also a Sith Apprentice who goes by "Darth Rapier."

I don?t know all that much about Talon [yet], except that I like him so I have two questions: First, in the books do his loyalties lie independent of both the Empire and the Republic/GA? Do they change through the course of the pro-fic books?

Yes, they change sort of. In Visions of the Future, Talon becomes a sort of official liason between the New Republic and the Remnant, becoming an "independant information broker" rather than a smuggler. We haven't seen him in DN or LotF so we're not really sure what he's been

25. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Nice first chapter, YK. From the Jedi POVs I'd imagine this was how the Jedi felt after Order 66 and Vader and his stormies hunted the rest down. Nice way of proving that sometimes history really does repeat itself.