Beyond Exodus (Post-NJO AU: Jaina, Jacen, Anakin Solo, H/L, L/M, Tahiri, Jag, Kyp, more) New fic 5/30/08!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    Not quite, but my beta has noticed a striking similarity between him and another "pop star"...

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/princezekk.jpg] [image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/prince1.jpg]

LOL! The similarities are shocking...I can't believe I've never noticed that before...

Lost was freakin awesome.
    I know! :eek: Best episode of the season!

:_| We only just got the first episode last night...we are seriously under-privledged in Australia when it comes to television... :(

I can't believe Charlie is going to die.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

WHAT?!?!?

A spoiler warning would have been helpful!!! :mad:

Only kidding :p I don't mind! But I AM shocked about Charlie...I really like him...
    :(

I hope everyone had a nice Valentine's Day. I saw this yesterday and thought of you all:

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/valentine.jpg]

Thanks for being such great readers

Awww...that is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time!!! [face_love]

Thanks, Yobs!
    [:D]
  2. Goddess_Jaya Force Ghost

star 4
    Friday, it?s Friday! TGIF! If only Fridays didn?t also mean coursework due dates and work. *sigh*

Wow. You weren?t kidding about Chapter 1 getting creepier. Great chapter and just as foreboding as the prologue. Probably more, since we?re seeing the effects on specific characters.

A crimson synth-leather jacket, simple tunic, and gray trousers had replaced his Jedi robes, and though he'd opted to draw his long black mane in a tail rather than cut it off, he'd begun to grow a wispy beard over his increasingly gaunt and pallid young face.

Somehow, with his background, I think Zekk would have made the transition from Jedi to civilian better than some of the others.

"That's not necessary," she said quietly, but sharp enough to let Zekk know she was apprehensive. "Just stay where you are and keep your hands on the table, please."

Twitchy little character, isn?t she?

" 'To keep them in line'," Zekk managed to answer without rolling his eyes, completing the code phrase that sounded more like one of Jacen Solo's bad jokes.

[face_laugh] I?m a sucker for throwbacks like that.

Bothans were notorious for using politics to serve their own self-interests.

Yeah. And I?m sure they?re the only ones. /sarcasm

A cold knot formed between Zekk's shoulder blades that sent his head whipping around to find the source of his distress. The spike of fear a Jedi felt was more than familiar to him? he was in danger.

Uh-oh.

The horror he felt in Dag'nar let him know the Bothan was as surprised as he was to see the soldiers, which meant the Raithians had had some other way of locating him. Without a doubt, he knew that Faybol or one of his minions must have been nearby.

Wow. I?m really curious how they caught Zekk if he didn?t sense anyone and we know Faybol was on Eriadu with Wylla.

Shatter guns discharged a small metal slug that was difficult for a Jedi to intercept with a lightsaber blade and was fired with enough force to do very serious damage to its target.

Gah! That?s horrible!

Pestile toxin.

Creeeeepy. Poor Zekk. That stuff sounds very nasty.

With the help of Talon Karrde's information network, they'd been able to track the origin of the mysterious poison to Felucia, but it did little to help Zekk at the moment.

Hint received! *salutes*

The hunter said nothing, only standing over the Jedi and watching her die with a sort of chilling indifference that might have stilled others' blood, until Wylla Kor lost all thought, and sunk completely into the Force's embrace forever.

Sorry Wylla. We have to whittle down the DP somehow. O:)

It was all that Jedi's fault? all the Jedi's and the fault of the golden crop shimmering in the sunlight outside.

Lovely bit of continuity. :)

Well, I killed at least 2, and possibly a couple more Just wanted to get the story off on the right foot

[face_laugh] I love your idea of the ?right? foot. Killed two, huh - Twilek and unnamed Raithian soldier #3958?

I was a little worried only using Zekk and a bunch of OC's in the first chapter would make people lose interest, but I've been thinking of opening the second story with that sequence for a long time.

Not at all. I think it was a very effective opening and quite suspenseful.

We'll get our first glimpse of Jaina, Jacen, and Anakin making their way to Felucia And maybe some important Force-vision related things

Yay! Force visions are always good?or should that be that they?re always bad?

Yes. Jacen has not gone to the dark side.

Is it wrong that I wanted to jump up and celebration that there wasn't a 'yet' tacked onto the end of that sentence? :p

Lost was freakin awesome.
    Spoiler Tags for our neighbors in other countries: The ring dealer was creeeepy. I kept waiting for her to break the 4th wall and deliver a prediction of doom to all the viewers. *giggle*

Can't wait for the new
  3. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 7
    Hey, Yobi! :D

Thanks for the clarifications regarding Talon and Gilad. I look forward to your next update. I?m now almost ¾ through Heir of the Empire; on the whole I like it a lot. *Glares at Han while thumping him aside the head for nearly shooting Talon* Karrade appears to have tried to strike a tenuous balance in his dealings with the Empire and New Republic. Interesting to see a smuggler with a sense of morality?I?m now wondering if he and his crew are going to be smack in the crossfire of a coming confrontation between the IR and the NR? I believe Lando called Talon ?a cold fish?. I don?t think so. I think he?s shrewd, smart, committed, conflicted, and dashing. [face_love] I even enjoy the fact Thrawn isn?t as unforgiving of questioning or confusion in his officers, unlike Vader. There have been a few times I thought surely Gilad would come to harm and he hasn?t! Neat! So far, Mara?s the cold fish to me. Does she hate Luke because of the Emperor? Why?
  4. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    Yodi:

No time for replies right now, but I thought I'd show you guys the artwork Maggy was kind enough to make:

It was a pleasure to work again with you :D [:D]
    I hope we do again ;)

I think Maggy did a great job.

You didn?t give me much of a chance to not do, right?

I'm very picky so she had to redo things a lot of times :p I won't even guess at how many hours she put into it. But I'm very grateful she put up with me :)

I?m not going to tell you how many hours it had been :p

TKeira_Lea:

Bravo, Maggy!

Thank you :D

Now I'm going to have to study this for more clues [face_mischief]

[face_laugh] even with spending so many hours over it I have no clue what Yobs had in mind 8-}

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge
    :

Looks good. :cool:

Hey, thanks :cool:

oldj:

Excellent Cover Art, Maggy!!! Well done! =D=

Thank you
    Glad you like :)

Ant:

First of all, I'd just like to say what a WONDERFUL job MAGGY did with this cover art!!!!! :eek: =D= [:D]

[face_blush] I?m really glad you like it so much :D [:D]

It looks so AMAZING!!! *pats Mags on the back* =D=

*gets patted* 8-}
    Spent countless days staring on the compy screen with a picky Yobs breathing down my neck. He doesn?t allow anything less then good :p *laughs*

[:D]

The first thing that strikes me is Anakin is in the front. That could mean a few things...
    1. He's in the front cus he's the BEST! [face_love]
    2. He's in the front cus he's gonna turn EVIL! [face_worried]
    3. He's in the front cus he's gonna be the HERO! :D

[face_laugh]
    And this all goes blown with the initial idea of having Jacen in the front :p

Another thing, is he's wearing all black...and his hair is darker...

Haha he did already in the first cover of this series ;)

I must say, Anakin's new look is kinda becoming... [face_blush][face_blush] [face_love]

He looks really yummy right? O:)

We all know what a black outfit means, though... SITH! [face_devil]

Maybe Yobs is misleading us all?

thanks Ant

jasa:

I love Maggy's coverart.

glad you love it :D

Yobi: again :p

TKL: Now I'm going to have to study this for more clues

Oh, they're in there [face_mischief]

They are? :eek: [face_thinking]
    I must have worried to much about the looks then the hints 8-}

oldj: Excellent Cover Art, Maggy!!! Well done!

I second that!

[face_blush]

Ant: First of all, I'd just like to say what a WONDERFUL job MAGGY did with this cover art!!!!!
    It looks so AMAZING!!! *pats Mags on the back*

Glad you like it. Maggy is very good at this stuff.

8-} or she has too much time ? would she be good she wouldn?t need that long with it 8-}

Don?t listen to her rambling ? her wisdom tooth hurts

Yeah, I knew people were going to draw certain conclusions no matter who I put in front, so I had to pick carefully. Alternate cover:

Hey! You put this up too!!!! :eek:

rebel_cheese:

Really, really nice cover, Maggy, in case you're reading this.

I?m certainly reading this! Glad you like it
    It just looks like I?m avoiding Severed Hand so far, I?m lurking :p
    Don?t tell Yobs ;)

I think it's better than her AoH one, which felt kinda crowded. But I like the sheer creepiness of this one.

All arrangements, characters, backgrounds and such are Yobs fault
    *bites tongue* I have not said that! O:)
    I like the other one too, except Luke who looks just strange, I would change it if I could but I lost my photoshop file.

Yobi:

cheese: Really, really nice cover, Maggy, in case you're reading
  5. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Spike: Nice first chapter, YK.

From the Jedi POVs I'd imagine this was how the Jedi felt after Order 66 and Vader and his stormies hunted the rest down.

Yeah, very similar. That order 66 scene always chokes me up :_|

Nice way of proving that sometimes history really does repeat itself.

Absolutely [face_mischief]

Thanks for reading!

Ant: LOL! The similarities are shocking...I can't believe I've never noticed that before...

jagsredlady noticed it when the NEGtC came out [face_laugh]

We only just got the first episode last night...we are seriously under-privledged in Australia when it comes to television...

That sucks :( The season is really getting great.

WHAT?!?!?
    A spoiler warning would have been helpful!!!
    Only kidding I don't mind! But I AM shocked about Charlie...I really like him...

Sorry, we'll have to be more mindful of that. Don't worry though, it's not much of a spoiler. Charlie didn't die, there's just some foreboding "hints" about trouble for him in the future.

Awww...that is the cutest thing I've seen in a long time!!!
    Thanks, Yobs!

Hehe, I got a kick out of it too :D

Goddess_Jaya: Friday, it?s Friday! TGIF! If only Fridays didn?t also mean coursework due dates and work. *sigh*

Aww, sorry [:D]

Wow. You weren?t kidding about Chapter 1 getting creepier. Great chapter and just as foreboding as the prologue. Probably more, since we?re seeing the effects on specific characters.

Yeah, it's a tone-setter [face_whistling]

Somehow, with his background, I think Zekk would have made the transition from Jedi to civilian better than some of the others.

That's a really good point.

Twitchy little character, isn?t she?

LOL. Not anymore :p

I?m a sucker for throwbacks like that.

It was a hilarious joke 8-}

Yeah. And I?m sure they?re the only ones. /sarcasm

Good point :p

Wow. I?m really curious how they caught Zekk if he didn?t sense anyone and we know Faybol was on Eriadu with Wylla.

Faybol's Kurol are leading troops all over the galaxy. It was probably one of them.

Gah! That?s horrible!

[face_devil]

Creeeeepy. Poor Zekk. That stuff sounds very nasty.

He won't be the last Jedi hit with it [face_mischief]

Hint received! *salutes*

[face_laugh]

Nice job ;)

Sorry Wylla. We have to whittle down the DP somehow.

[face_laugh]

Exactly!

I love your idea of the ?right? foot.

[face_mischief]

Killed two, huh - Twilek and unnamed Raithian soldier #3958?

Well, him too. But I meant Wylla and Daryn Dag'nar.

Not at all. I think it was a very effective opening and quite suspenseful.

Thank you :D

Yay! Force visions are always good?or should that be that they?re always bad?

Depends on your POV ;)

Is it wrong that I wanted to jump up and celebration that there wasn't a 'yet' tacked onto the end of that sentence?

No, but I thought the "yet" was implied :p

Spoiler Tags for our neighbors in other countries: The ring dealer was creeeepy. I kept waiting for her to break the 4th wall and deliver a prediction of doom to all the viewers. *giggle* [/hl

As soon as I saw that woman, I knew something creepy was going to happen. I recognized her from that movie appropriately titled "The Others" *giggles*

Can't wait for the new post!

It's up now :D I hope you enjoy it.

Dooku-Darklighter: Hey, Yobi!

Hey!

Thanks for the clarifications regarding Talon and Gilad. I look forward to your next update. I?m now almost ¾ through Heir of the Empire; on the whole I like it a lot. *Glares at Han while thumping him aside the head for nearly shooting Talon*

Karrde did capture Luke and was considering killing him or handing him over to the Empire.

Karrade appears to hav
  6. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Chapter 2: The Sword of the Jedi

The Force is all around us.

It surrounds us. Penetrates us. And binds the galaxy together. Every living thing tied to another in an unseen harmony.

And for a few beings, it generously bestows upon them certain innate talents and abilities as a means of keeping the galactic eurhythmy.

Most mysterious of these gifts is clairvoyance.

It grants those special beings the ability to peek into the future sporadically, giving them a glimpse into the window of the Force to see what has, might, or will happen. These visions can assail a being at any time, even invading their dreams.

And that is what is happening now.

The wind is the only sound she ever remembers when she wakes.

It
    howls.

Cold. Compressed. Angry.

The tempest is almost deafening, a terrible roar that blows her long brunette tresses violently, the tangles frequently blocking tearing eyes.

The wind is the only thing that ever gives Jaina Solo any inkling of where she's at? she's some place
    high. It doesn't feel like a mountain top, or the balcony of one of Coruscant's spires. She's not in an airspeeder or a pedestrian walkway.

She never has much time to consider it.

Because it isn't only the crisp winds forcing a stray tear to well over the brim of one eye and leave a trail of moisture down her soft cheek? it's what she's watching.

It is, without a doubt, the most horrifying thing Jaina has ever witnessed. Her peripheral vision is an undulating haze, like heat shimmering off the distant sands of the Tatooine desert? though she feels anything but
    hot. Her hands tighten around the metal grip of the lightsaber hilt she is clutching? it is of no comfort.

Before her stands a man.

She no longer recognizes him, only a visceral sense that she loves him. He to is holding a lightsaber? a horrible, glaring thing, the white light seeming to burn through her retinas with every scintilla and static-laden
    pop too diluted to rise above the tumult of the baleful winds. Its incandescent glow only seems more luminous in the haze of this place when he raises it to attack.

Between them, writhing in agony on the ground is another man she loves? though differently. The faint mist of wafting smoke from his charred flesh vanishes too quickly, swept away by the unforgiving rush of air around them that drowns out his anguished cries.

Jaina feels the most intense wrenches of despair in her gut, constricting into her chest. She cannot breathe.

The situation is impossible.

In an instant, the man standing before her draws his blade back, his arms tightened coils tensing to spring loose in an attack, and Jaina is forced to raise her own weapon to guard, her sobs lost on the wind.

When her enemy in this place brings his lightsaber around in a horizontal hack, his blade burns even brighter, until Jaina's vision explodes into an angry white that swallows her and the universe around her.

The Force's gift always ends here, forcing the young Jedi Knight to wake with a jolt, not harmed physically, but more fearful of slumber each time for the experience.

This is the climax, you see? The apex of this tale. And in her heart, Jaina Solo knows this as well.

This is how it will all end.

And it starts here...

"Wake up, Jaya."

Her dark eyes fluttered open, not because of the words but because of the scorching white light that always seemed to wake her from the nightmare, and Jaina found herself staring into a familiar pair of eyes, and a face she'd known better than her own for most of her life. His face partially concealed in the shadow of his raised cowl, her twin brother offered her a small, slightly crooked, smile when he saw he had woken her. It wasn't as warm or innocent as she'd remembered when they were children, the weight of the war with the Yuuzhan Vong and his hermitage on Zonama Sekot pulling his lips into a sorrowful grin, and clouding the eyes that so mirrored her own.

"We're nearly there," Jacen Solo whispe
  7. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    *first*

it overreads very interesting [face_thinking]

*falls asleep*

Mags
  8. Jedi-Ant Jedi Master

star 4
    *second*

Don't fall asleep, Mags!
    I-)

It's probably really late for you, though.

I'll be back to slot my replies in here later...right now I'm going to find a dress for the ball!!! (Yes, really, I'm being serious...I'm going to a ball next Saturday)!!! [face_dancing]

Be back later!

Ant.
    ]-}

---

Yobs:

Sorry, we'll have to be more mindful of that.

It's ok...I was only being a drama queen ;) I don't mind, seriously! :)

Don't worry though, it's not much of a spoiler. Charlie didn't die, there's just some foreboding "hints" about trouble for him in the future.

*wipes brow* Phew! I was starting to worry about my poor Charlie...he has to look after Aaron & Claire!!!

Mags:

He looks really yummy right?

=P~ =P~ =P~

Does that answer your question?? :p hehe...

---

Wow! The opening dream sequence of this update was amazing!!!

Poor Jaina!!! [face_worried] ... this is how it will all end. And it starts here.

O.M.G. !!!

:eek::_|

You sure know how to create suspense!!!

"It's no different than all the trips we took in the Falcon as kids," Jacen argued, grinning impishly. "Would it help if I burned some Wookiee hair and yelled at a droid?"

LOL! [face_laugh] Hehehe...since when did Jacen get so funny?!?

"Are you two going to keep arguing throughout the entire mission? Cause I just want to know now if you're going to doom us to failure before we even begin," Jaina questioned as she kept glancing down the aisle to the ship's cockpit.

Typical. Jacen and Anakin, at it again. Just like old times...the times before that book...*shudders*

Without another word, the three Jedi sprung into action in the same instant, casting aside their cloaks and charging for the aisle, Anakin vaulting over the chairs in front of him in order to do so. They had packed light for the journey, only smuggling on board one carry-on item each? their lightsabers. Both Jaina and Anakin freed theirs as they charged down the aisle towards the end of the cabin? Jacen did not.

Woo! Time to kick some Raithian butt!!! :D

Go Anakin! Go Jaina!

Jacen...*rolls eyes* ...now would be the time to use your lightsaber...

A quiet fizzing sound and the smell of something sweet caught her attention, and Jaina wrenched around in the pilot's seat to see Anakin sipping a glass of fizzy-bip as he stared out the viewport ahead of her.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"It was a long flight. I was thirsty," he said, taking another gulp of his drink.

ROFLMAO!!!! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Oh, Anakin! You crack me up!

You see, this *points to Yobie's 'fic* is what canon is missing...Anakin humour!!!

"We're not going to crash! I can land this."

Jacen leaned over to his brother. "Crash landings are landings, right?"

Hehehe...LOL...just like in RotS...
    :)

Jaina did everything she could to get drag on the plummeting escape pod, attempting to slow their descent. In an instant, the forest floor was rushing up at them in a blur of translucent colors, and everything exploded into white.

:eek:

They'll be ok...just a few cuts and bruises...nothing to worry about...

[face_worried]

Then why am I so worried...

---

Another wonderful update, Yobs!!! [:D]

It's great to see the Solo trio together again...but this new mission is sounding almost as bad as Myrkr... [face_worried]

I like that you've given Jacen a sense of humour...he deserves to have a funny bone injected every know and again! :p

Thank
  9. jasa Force Ghost

star 3

A quiet fizzing sound and the smell of something sweet caught her attention, and Jaina wrenched around in the pilot's seat to see Anakin sipping a glass of fizzy-bip as he stared out the viewport ahead of her.

"It was a long flight. I was thirsty," he said, taking another gulp of his drink.

My favorite part :p

Back later for more complete review.

EDIT:

The dream was great, now I am just trying to figure out who the guy is. I take it this scene will return later?

"I'm fine," Jaina assured. "I just don't like being a passenger. Especially when there's no viewport to look out of," she added, motioning with her eyes to the featureless wall to her right.

"It's no different than all the trips we took in the Falcon as kids," Jacen argued, grinning impishly. "Would it help if I burned some Wookiee hair and yelled at a droid?"

Pure Jaina there, and its good to see Jacen still has his sense of humor.

10. rebel_cheese Force Ghost

star 4
    Because it isn't only the crisp winds forcing a stray tear to well over the brim of one eye and leave a trail of moisture down her soft cheek? it's what she's watching.

It is, without a doubt, the most horrifying thing Jaina has ever witnessed. Her peripheral vision is an undulating haze, like heat shimmering off the distant sands of the Tatooine desert? though she feels anything but hot. Her hands tighten around the metal grip of the lightsaber hilt she is clutching? it is of no comfort.

Before her stands a man.

She no longer recognizes him, only a visceral sense that she loves him. He to is holding a lightsaber? a horrible, glaring thing, the white light seeming to burn through her retinas with every scintilla and static-laden pop too diluted to rise above the tumult of the baleful winds. Its incandescent glow only seems more luminous in the haze of this place when he raises it to attack.

Wait, that confused me. The enemy (Jacen or Anakin)'s lightsaber has a white light, which means he is still a Jedi, right? But Jaina seems to be too emotional to be a Sith . . . and is the charred form Jagged Fel? I'm confused, and the conclusion of the vision doesn't give me a lot of answers.

Not like I expected any this early in the story. :p

On the surface, the purpose of the Solo's mission to Felucia was fairly simple? Talon Karrde had learned that the pestile toxin the Raithians had been utilizing so successfully as a means of incapacitating Jedi was derived from one of the world's exotic plants, and his sources maintained that it was being refined there as well. With a Raithian blockade in the system however, and no idea where the factory was on Felucia's surface, it severely limited the ways in which the Jedi might locate and eliminate one of the weapons the Raithians were employing to destroy them

Sounds like Myrkr redux. [face_worried] And judging from the spoilers you've given us, we shouldn't expect this one to turn out any better . . .

"We're going to crash, aren't we?" Jacen asked.

[face_laugh] Well, you're landing and crashing at the same time, you see . . .

Jaina did everything she could to get drag on the plummeting escape pod, attempting to slow their descent. In an instant, the forest floor was rushing up at them in a blur of translucent colors, and everything exploded into white.

I suggest you guys wake up really fast, if you catch my drift. Won't be long until the Raithians find you guys . . .

I'm loving this story so far! =D= Extremely intense. I can't wait until the next chapter . . . and the next evil cliffe. :D
  11. SilSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The wind is the only sound she ever remembers when she wakes.

It howls.

*shivers* Oooh the description

Jaina had very little experience with these sorts of premonitions, rarely having time to sit and listen to the Force. There always seemed to be something more pressing pulling her away...

Poor Jaina

ah the impish old Jacen

The escape pod hurtled towards Felucia's ethereal beauty, engines burning an incandescent amber in the black of space.

Ah teh final resting place of Aayla Secura

Knowing you, I get the feeling that the Solo kidsa re all okay
  12. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    Let's hope they have better luck than Aayla Secura did.
  13. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Force Ghost

star 3
    YK: The wind is the only thing that ever gives Jaina Solo any inkling of where she's at? she's some place high. It doesn't feel like a mountain top, or the balcony of one of Coruscant's spires. She's not in an airspeeder or a pedestrian walkway.

Cato Nemoidia? [face_thinking]

She no longer recognizes him, only a visceral sense that she loves him. He to is holding a lightsaber? a horrible, glaring thing, the white light seeming to burn through her retinas with every scintilla and static-laden pop too diluted to rise above the tumult of the baleful winds. Its incandescent glow only seems more luminous in the haze of this place when he raises it to attack.

Anakin? Jacen? Wrev? Luke? Zekk? *Looks at list* Well, chances are it's one of them. :p

Between them, writhing in agony on the ground is another man she loves? though differently. The faint mist of wafting smoke from his charred flesh vanishes too quickly, swept away by the unforgiving rush of air around them that drowns out his anguished cries.

Jag? One of the others I mentioned? :confused:

The Force's gift always ends here, forcing the young Jedi Knight to wake with a jolt, not harmed physically, but more fearful of slumber each time for the experience.

This is the climax, you see? The apex of this tale. And in her heart, Jaina Solo knows this as well.

For some reason that last line reminded me of what Galadrial (sp?) said about Frodo in The Two Towers movie.
    "In his heart, Frodo begins to understand. The quest will claim his life." [face_mischief]

Not with a bang, but with a whimper? 8-}

the ship had no name apart from Galaxies' Voyager 1138,

Wouldn't be Star Wars without a '1138' reference. ;)

"Are you all right?" Jacen asked, his eyes narrowing with concern when she didn't answer immediately. "You look a little dazed."

Jaina: I just woke up from a dream where someone I loved was dying and I was fighting someone else I loved. How would you feel?

"We're not playing into their hands? we're fighting back."

Still could be playing into their hands if you're fighting back... [face_whistling]

Her teeth ground and Jaina fought back the bile rising from her gut and scalding the back of her throat, the fury she felt threatening to distract her from their mission irreparably.

*Cue Sithy music* :p

"We're fine? thanks," Jaina snarled darkly and waved the server away.

Gee, the way she was earlier I'm surprised she didn't go all Grandpa Vader on the poor droid. ;)

"I've got a bad feeling about this,"

Oh...FRAK! He said the phrase! Jacen jinxed it! Again! :eek:

Jacen grumbled. "It isn't going to work."

Please, Jacen, control your optimism. 8-}

"I'm just not sure this is even the sort of thing we should be doing right now," Jacen explained. "We need to focus on surviving? regrouping. Not attacking our enemies."

George Patton would hate that idea...

[face_laugh] Not even Anakin Sr did something like that.

"Sith spawn!" She cursed.

Luke and/or Leia: "Yes?"

[face_laugh]

Well, how about you ask Grandpa Anakin? I'm sure he would know. ;)
  14. corran2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Interesting chapter.I see Jaina is having that dream again.I can see her talking to Jag,

"No matter what I do,your going to die Jag."[face_laugh]

Desmond must be using the Force.
  15. Cushing's Admirer Chosen One

star 7
    II

Whoa, some possible future! Is her opponent Jacen, Jagged, Zekk, or Anakin? Is the man writhing in agony one of these four? This doesn?t sound good. [face_uncertain] Vergere, is she a Fosh? Is she the Force Heretic? Is she the one that planted the concept in Jacen that the Force is neither light or dark? In the pro-fic is she dead? In Exodus is she dead? Are you saying that Anakin rarely speaks? If so, is it because he?s insecure or because he?s contemplative and thoughtful? It?s my understanding that the twins are born in Last Command and Ben was born in Rebirth. When was Anakin born? How old were the Solo kids in Star By Star when he died? How old are they in this story again? Ya know, considering the Prophesy, I?m surprised that there are Sith still around. Although, perhaps, the Prophesy was regarding redemption rather than the eradication of a particular sect? Do you happen to know the legal age for drinking, gambling and the like in GFFA?

Kurol, they sound like cool but scary critters. Rescue Luke? Is he still in prison? Treason??? Luke, Talon, and Lando??? No way! Sandskimmers, cool name! Anakin?s blade is cobalt-blue? According to the Japanese covers it was purple? Ah, crash-landings a Skywalker specialty which the Solo kids appear to have inherited! :D Are any of the Darklighters Force-sensitive? With Biggs and Gavin dead is the Name dead, too? I was looking at the Japanese covers of the NJO books earlier and I have a question: Was Anakin really Shaped into believing he was a Vong?

Yes, Talon was holding Luke in Heir of the Empire and considering the options. However, I doubt he?ll turn anyone over to Thrawn. Even if he does?there?s hope he?ll pull a Han and rescue them from peril at the last second. Agreed, Zahn has created many memorable and likable OC's! Also, the chat in the forest between Mara and Luke was enlightening?but, so far, I still don?t like her.

Well done, once again Yobi! Looking forward to more! When do I get to hear more about Zekk? What are the senior Solos up to while their children are crashing?
  16. Talon_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't think that planet has been good to jedi..lets hope it turns out better for htem
  17. Diamond_Revelation Force Ghost

star 3
    Oh dear, that doesn't sound good, though I am sure they will be back arguing about whose fault it was in no time. I loved the way you portrayed the bond between them! So often they are never portrayed as just talking to each other even about missions!

Thanks again
  18. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Great chapter! Tense situations, dry humour, action....all as Star Wars as you can get! I love seeing the Solo kids work together. :cool: Even the bickering just makes them seem more like "real" siblings.
    Crash landing time....well, if Anakin Sr. did it with a hugmongous ship, surely Jaina (who seems to have gotten the most piloting genes) can pull it off with a littl bitty escape pod. [face_worried]
  19. Master_Palpy Jedi Knight

star 2

Oh, boy, I can't wait for the post where that particular scene will occur. Any hints on how many months I have to wait, Yobi? :p

Wonderful post with an excellent introduction for the Solo siblings.

[face_laugh] Good one! It's nice to see the three of them together on a mission. Almost makes me sentimental. Leaves me wondering about what could have been had SbS played out differently.

Ah, well, that's why I'm here, right? :p

As always, a very good update. Keep up the fantastic work! =D=
  20. sdhfs Force Ghost

star 4
  21. THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Quote YodaKenobi

She no longer recognizes him, only a visceral sense that she loves him. He to is holding a lightsaber? a horrible, glaring thing, the white light seeming to burn through her retinas with every scintilla and static-laden [/i]pop too diluted to rise above the tumult of the baleful winds. Its incandescent glow only seems more luminous in the haze of this place when he raises it to attack.

:eek:

And it starts here...

So Jaina will fight one brother, with the other's life hanging in the balance?[face_thinking] If so that is the way it should have been...the way it was meant to be. However, the vision doesn't specify that it isn't Jaya herself thats evil. o_O

"Wake up, Jaya."

Her dark eyes fluttered open, not because of the words but because of the scorching white light that always seemed to wake her from the nightmare, and Jaina found herself staring into a familiar pair of eyes, and a face she'd known better than her own for most of her life. His face partially concealed in the shadow of his raised cowl, her twin brother offered her a small, slightly crooked, smile when he saw he had woken her. It wasn't as warm or innocent as she'd remembered when they were children, the weight of the war with the Yuuzhan Vong and his hermitage on Zonama Sekot pulling his lips into a sorrowful grin, and clouding the eyes that so mirrored her own.

However, its a little telling that its Jacen she sees immediately after...:p

This caught Anakin's attention, peering out from beneath his dark hood

[face_love]

[face_love]

:*

[face_blush]

Han burned Wookiee hair?? [face_worried]

Her brother made jokes so rarely these days, Jaina almost didn't know how to react to it. There was very little to laugh about since the Raithian invasion. If Jacen was trying to cheer her up, things must have been worse than she thought.

I always liked Jasa's jokes.........it was..you know, Jacen before he went 8-}

"That was Jacen's fault," Anakin said indignantly. "I knew that woman was angry enough to turn us into the Raithian patrol outside."

"And the Tuskan Raiders?"

"Yeah, okay? that part was my?"

[face_laugh] [:D]

"Well, just do us a favor and argue the moral implications of this mission with yourself,"

:D [:D]

"Those are just lancing blasts," Anakin rationalized, not sounding nearly as confident as he had earlier. "They don't want to kill us."

Watch it Jasa or you'll be floating home...:mad:

She wondered for a moment how Jagged Fel would handle the situation... if she didn't find a way to get to the surface she might never see him again.

Heaven forbid...[face_plain]

Hah!! Typical! :p

Anakin and Jacen complimenting each other as always...oh I how I miss it. :( :mad: Great chapter Yobi! [:D]

~Piper :)

22. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    Despite all appearances to the contrary, I am not late. You see, I read chapter 1 last Sunday, but didn't feel like replying then. :p

Chapter 1

GAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! :eek: Not good. [face_worried]

Faybol: *Force whisper* You don't need to suffer any longer. *lops off Willa's head* [face_devil]

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :p It reminded me of that line in Tempest due to the whole "the pain that had been torturing her vanishing forever," bit.

Chapter 2

[face_laugh]! What more can I say?

I miss those three together. :(
  23. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Maggy: *first*

Way to go! =D=

it overreads very interesting

[face_thinking]

*falls asleep*

Hehe. Thanks for reading :)

Ant: *second*

=D=

I'll be back to slot my replies in here later...right now I'm going to find a dress for the ball!!! (Yes, really, I'm being serious...I'm going to a ball next Saturday)!!!

Hope you have fun :)

It's ok...I was only being a drama queen I don't mind, seriously!

Hehe, we should watch it anyway [face_shhh]

*wipes brow* Phew! I was starting to worry about my poor Charlie...he has to look after Aaron & Claire!!!

Yeah... [face_whistling]

Wow! The opening dream sequence of this update was amazing!!!

Thanks!

Poor Jaina!!! ... this is how it will all end. And it starts here.
    O.M.G. !!!
    You sure know how to create suspense!!!

I try :p

LOL! Hehehe...since when did Jacen get so funny?!?

He still had some hints of a dry sense of humor in Betrayal... :(

Typical. Jacen and Anakin, at it again. Just like old times...the times before that book...*shudders*

Yeah, they butt heads some times [face_whistling]

Woo! Time to kick some Raithian butt!!!

With any luck...

Go Anakin! Go Jaina!
    Jacen...*rolls eyes* ...now would be the time to use your lightsaber...

He doesn't want to scare the passengers ;)

ROFLMAO!!!!
    Oh, Anakin! You crack me up!
    You see, this *points to Yobie's 'fic* is what canon is missing...Anakin humour!!!

That was actually an homage to a scene in Betrayal. Ben reminded me a lot of Anakin in that book.

They'll be ok...just a few cuts and bruises...nothing to worry about...

Yeah, they should be fine ;)

Then why am I so worried...

Cause bad stuff awaits them [face_mischief]

Another wonderful update, Yobs!!!

It's great to see the Solo trio together again...but this new mission is sounding almost as bad as Myrkr...

Aww, it can't be that bad, can it? ;)

I like that you've given Jacen a sense of humour...he deserves to have a funny bone injected every know and again!

It used to be his trademark 8-}

Thanks for the PM! I can't wait 'til next Friday (well, next Saturday for me)!

Glad to hear it. Hopefully it will be a good chapter.

Thanks again!

jasa: My favorite part

Mine too :p

The dream was great, now I am just trying to figure out who the guy is. I take it this scene will return later?

Yep. I've been showing it in fics for 2 years now, we'll actually see it in this one 8-}

Pure Jaina there, and its good to see Jacen still has his sense of humor.

For the moment anyway ;)

Thanks for reading :D

cheese: Wait, that confused me. The enemy (Jacen or Anakin)'s lightsaber has a white light, which means he is still a Jedi, right?

I didn't say it was Jacen or Anakin, but no, it doesn't mean they are a Jedi. Most of a lightsaber is always white. The color is around the white blade. Jaina doesn't know, or doesn't ever see what color the blade really is.

But Jaina seems to be too emotional to be a Sith . . .

Sith thrive on emotion...

and is the charred form Jagged Fel? I'm confused, and the conclusion of the vision doesn't give me a lot of answers.
    Not like I expected any this early in the story.

It's hard to say who either man is. We know that Jaina thinks one of them is Wrev, but she can't remember which...

Sounds like Myrkr redux.

Nah, Myrkr redux is later [face_mischief]

And judging from the spoilers you've given us, we shouldn't expect this one to turn out any better . . .

You never know.

Well, you're landing and crashing at the same time, you see . . .

Exactly :p

I suggest y
  24. TKeira_Lea Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    First of all, that whole opening vision was stunning! I wanted to quote part but I couldn't decide. Just...bravo, my friend.

The notion of clairvoyance and how it might not be a good thing knowing what's to come is a great SW theme, perhaps one of the most key ones. If Anakin hadn't known, and so does it go for Jaina? [face_thinking]

"Would it help if I burned some Wookiee hair and yelled at a droid?"

One of the best lines ever [face_laugh]

They're hijacking the ship? Holy gundarks! :eek: What a start to this story. Keep up the good work; I just love finding this every week. :D
  25. Whitey Force Ghost

star 6
    You're never late Whenever you show up, it's fine with me.

Even if I show up 5 years later? :p

Was that the scene where Tresina died? That made me sad. Good duel though.

Yep. I WAS sad!!! :_| Though technically I am not to that point in Tempest yet. :p

And about this Aayla gif that you claim to have... bluebies? ;)
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.