main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Exodus (Post-NJO AU: Jaina, Jacen, Anakin Solo, H/L, L/M, Tahiri, Jag, Kyp, more) New fic 5/30/08!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Feb 2, 2007.

1. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Hope you have fun

Thanks! :) I should have fun, now I've found the perfect dress!!! [face_dancing]
    Only three more days until the ball! (I'm not the least bit excited, really)
    :p

He still had some hints of a dry sense of humor in Betrayal...

Sadly, I haven't read Betrayal yet (stupid local bookstore) ...grrr... :mad:

It's looking like I'm going to have to purchase it off eBay, seeing as it's the only book so far in the LotF series that has Tahiri in it (can't miss that)!

He doesn't want to scare the passengers

I would want to scare the passengers... [face_mischief]

That was actually an homage to a scene in Betrayal. Ben reminded me a lot of Anakin in that book.

:( I really need to read that book.

I miss Anakin
    :_|

Next post, we get to see the Skywalkers. Both Luke and Mara...

Ooh...I look forward to that! :D

2. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Sorry, Yobi! I'm a week behind in reading and replying.

As for the previous post, I LOVED pestile toxin. Very poetic name.
    Of course, I liked a whole lot more than that, but I think I'll just catch up with the latest post...

Jaina's vision was astounding. You start out with a nod to Obi-Wan and then grow those thoughts into so much more. [face_love]

The situation is impossible.
    [face_worried] Just like always!

This is the climax, you see? The apex of this tale. And in her heart, Jaina Solo knows this as well.
    This is how it will all end.
    And it starts here...

[face_dancing] Sad for Jaina, happy for us!!!

We have a Bespin sparkle which has been described as ambrosial...
    If that wasn't such a GREAT line, [face_laugh] it would be so sad! :_| Seriously, another nice touch.

"Jedi!" A Gotal in the back gasped.
    "They're hijacking the ship!"

:eek: Oh, HORRORS!! Great scene, great action.

...Anakin sipping a glass of fizzy-bip...
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

"Crash landings are landings, right?"
    How Solo is that?

More wonderful updates to what promises to be another classic YodaKenobi rollercoaster ride. Keep it coming!

[:D]

oldj

3. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YK: I try

[face_shame_on_you] Do, or do not. There is no try.

Nah, Myrkr redux is later

Oh now that's comforting. [face_plain]

Let's At least Jacen isn't wearing Aayla's outfit

[face_sick] That's just wrong...

Yeah, the odds are with you there. But I'm not saying anything

Well, I just named all the guys that have lightsabers that she has feelings for in one form or another. It's gotta be one of them. :p

There will be lots of whimpering

From both the characters and the audience? [face_mischief]

Build it but don't complete it so its parts are showing?

[face_laugh]

I meant use the Force and crush it like Vader did to the medical droids at the end of RotS. 8-}

Indeed!

Yep, no way George Patton would sit and wait. ;)

Yeah, as I said, I really wanted some time in this story where we see the Solo kids being sort of "happy" and working together before things get really dark.

You have to remember that I've watched BSG. You're gonna have some competition for "dark story". 8-}

4. FORCEBlLADE

FORCEBlLADE Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 2, 2003
    Hadn't gotten around to reading your first two chapters until now. And I loved them. Chapter 1 reminded of the prologue in Conquest. It sucks they gotZekk, and I hope we find out soon if that farmer escaped or not.

5. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    TKL: First of all, that whole opening vision was stunning! I wanted to quote part but I couldn't decide. Just...bravo, my friend.

The notion of clairvoyance and how it might not be a good thing knowing what's to come is a great SW theme, perhaps one of the most key ones. If Anakin hadn't known, and so does it go for Jaina?

It's a big part of most mythology, I think. And a nice story device, IMO :p

One of the best lines ever

They're hijacking the ship? Holy gundarks!

Well, they stole one of the escape pods. I thought about having them hijack the ship but that didn't sit well with me. Seemed a little September 11th-ish, and I really don't want to be drawing any parallels between the Jedi and real world terrorist.

What a start to this story. Keep up the good work; I just love finding this every week.

Thanks so much, I'm glad you liked it :D

Whitey: Even if I show up 5 years later?

Well... I guess :p

Yep. I WAS sad!!! Though technically I am not to that point in Tempest yet.

Oh, darn 8-} You should read it, I thought it was really good.

And about this Aayla gif that you claim to have... bluebies?

[face_laugh]

It's board appropriate, I promise :p It's a closeup with flashing words [face_mischief] Very funny.

Ant: Thanks! I should have fun, now I've found the perfect dress!!!
    Only three more days until the ball! (I'm not the least bit excited, really)

Hehe. Sounds like a good time :D

Sadly, I haven't read Betrayal yet (stupid local bookstore) ...grrr...

Darn. It's a very good book, I think you'll enjoy it.

It's looking like I'm going to have to purchase it off eBay, seeing as it's the only book so far in the LotF series that has Tahiri in it (can't miss that)!

Yeah, she's not in it very much either :(

I would want to scare the passengers...

Spooky [face_worried]

I really need to read that book.

Yeah, you do :(

I miss Anakin

Me too :_|

Ooh...I look forward to that!

Glad to hear it :)

oldj: Sorry, Yobi! I'm a week behind in reading and replying.

No worries [:D]

As for the previous post, I LOVED pestile toxin. Very poetic name.

Thanks, I'm normally not so great at naming things, so that's nice to hear.

Of course, I liked a whole lot more than that, but I think I'll just catch up with the latest post...

Jaina's vision was astounding. You start out with a nod to Obi-Wan and then grow those thoughts into so much more.

Was a little more disjointed when I was writing it, but I'm glad it seems like natural growth in that part.

Sad for Jaina, happy for us!!!

I hope so.

If that wasn't such a GREAT line, it would be so sad!

Why's that? I have a feeling something is going far over my head [face_blush]

Seriously, another nice touch.

Oh, HORRORS!! Great scene, great action.

Thanks. There will be more action on Felucia [face_mischief]

How Solo is that?

Yeah, I liked that line too :p

More wonderful updates to what promises to be another classic YodaKenobi rollercoaster ride. Keep it coming!

LOL. Strap in :p I hope it lives up to your expectations. Thanks for reading :D

Wedge: Do, or do not. There is no try.

I always fall for that :p

Oh now that's comforting.

Glad I could help [face_devil]

That's just wrong...

Can't you just picture the chest hair coming out of the bra? [face_mischief]

Well, I just named all the guys that have lightsabers that she has feelings for in one form or another. It's gotta be one of them.

Well, it could be someone who doesn't normally have a lightsaber, or has no business holding one...

From both the characters and the audience?

6. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Under the wire? [face_whistling]

Awesome Solo kids banter! [face_dancing] =D= :D

I like the setup here, too. Hijacking the ship! :eek:

That?s exactly the kind of brilliant, harebrained scheme those twerps would come up with, though. :p

Not quite, but my beta has noticed a striking similarity between him and another "pop star"...
    :eek: :eek: :eek: It?s? true!

And in her heart, Jaina Solo knows this as well. This is how it will all end.
    [face_worried] Not good?

"Would it help if I burned some Wookiee hair and yelled at a droid?"
    [face_laugh] Hilarious. Spot on.

"And the Tuskan Raiders?"
    "Yeah, okay? that part was my?"

Busted. [face_laugh]

"It was a long flight. I was thirsty,"
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Anakin! [face_shame_on_you] Great characterization, though. :D

"We're going to crash, aren't we?" Jacen asked.
    "We're not going to crash! I can land this."
    Jacen leaned over to his brother. "Crash landings are landings, right?"

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I bet he has that same expression on his face that Palpatine does at the beginning of ROTS right after Obi-Wan says, ?The good news is, we are still flying half a ship.? [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

7. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    Although it didn't answer all the questions I wanted it to,I thought Lost was very fast this week.The new Other,Isbel,could possibly be the freakiest Other yet,Tom has possibly become the most devoleped Other besides Juliet and Ben,and Alex and Karl's realtionship is blooming.Kate and Sawyer have took a turn for the worst,and Juliet and Jack are taking one step ahead.Questions Unanswered:What was Cindy "watching".

8/10

8. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    In another year or so :p We'll see how long this takes.

How long what takes? 8-}
    A year? That?s a long wait :p u?ll have to write and post faster O:)

I would probably feel extremely guilty if you did :p

Don?t do
    It was fun and addicting ;)

That's cause I was careful to mislead you too [face_mischief]

What? Next time I?ll not listen and do what I want :p [face_mischief]

*Cracks whip* :p

[face_worried]

Yep [face_laugh]

Always.

:eek:

I was counting on that :p

Maybe it was always to late to pay attention to those in the first place?

Aww, sorry.

Thanks
    All better :D

Did you not want me to?

[face_thinking]
    Didn?t expect it?

? :eek: ?

O:) [face_whistling]
    U?ve start posting it when I?ve been in the UK without laptop and real compy access [face_not_talking] and afterwards there had been to many others to catch up with :p

Very true.

:)

I haven't really been using it at all. A bit too much for my old comp.

Maybe it?s time for a new one?

LOL!

My pleasure

:D

Chapter 2: The Sword of the Jedi

It surrounds us. Penetrates us. And binds the galaxy together. Every living thing tied to another in an unseen harmony.

This are Ben?s words [face_thinking]

[face_thinking] Interesting vision [face_thinking] [face_worried]

"It's no different than all the trips we took in the Falcon as kids," Jacen argued, grinning impishly. "Would it help if I burned some Wookiee hair and yelled at a droid?"

[face_laugh] he is so!

Jacen leaned over to his brother. "Crash landings are landings, right?"

Haha can?t he be quiet for once? :p

:eek: wow awesome post =D=

9. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Lex: Under the wire?
    Awesome Solo kids banter!

I like the setup here, too. Hijacking the ship!

Just taking an escape pod, not really hijacking the ship :)

That?s exactly the kind of brilliant, harebrained scheme those twerps would come up with, though.

[face_laugh]

It?s? true!

My beta onlyu speaks the truth.

Hilarious. Spot on.

Glad it made you laugh :D

Anakin! Great characterization, though.

Thankies.

I bet he has that same expression on his face that Palpatine does at the beginning of ROTS right after Obi-Wan says, ?The good news is, we are still flying half a ship.?

Hopefully not as ugly [face_laugh]

Thanks for reading, Lex :)

corran2: Although it didn't answer all the questions I wanted it to,I thought Lost was very fast this week.The new Other,Isbel,could possibly be the freakiest Other yet,Tom has possibly become the most devoleped Other besides Juliet and Ben,and Alex and Karl's realtionship is blooming.Kate and Sawyer have took a turn for the worst,and Juliet and Jack are taking one step ahead.Questions Unanswered:What was Cindy "watching".

Cindy and the other captives were there to "watch" the execution and trial, I think.

You're more generous than I am, I was pretty disappointed in the episode. The promo promised it would solve 3 of LOST's biggest mysteries and it didn't even solve one. Jack's tattoo story was sort of pointless and didn't make much sense? certainly wasn't "a big mystery." Just felt like a filler episode to me.

Can't wait for next Wednesday though [face_hypnotized]

Maggy: How long what takes?
    A year? That?s a long wait u?ll have to write and post faster

I probably could try, but I'm afraid I'd leave people behind :p

Don?t do
    It was fun and addicting

Hehe.

What? Next time I?ll not listen and do what I want

We'll see :p

Maybe it was always to late to pay attention to those in the first place?

Maybe.

U?ve start posting it when I?ve been in the UK without laptop and real compy access and afterwards there had been to many others to catch up with

Aww, sorry.

This are Ben?s words

Yep [face_mischief]

Interesting vision

Glad you like.

Haha can?t he be quiet for once?

Nah :p

wow awesome post

Thanks so much :D

Post in a minute

10. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Chapter 3: Negotiations

"Do you think I do not know why you are really here, Mara Jade?"

Mara leaned back into the ornate chair with a coy grin, crossing her legs casually and letting her hands glide over the curves of the bronze armrests.

"No— why don't you tell me, Krawl."

Her eyes gleamed as she stared back into the noseless face of the Neimoidian, his mottled skin graying and his mouth turned in a perpetual frown that Mara was sure she was supposed to identify as stern, but could instead see Cato Neimoidia's increased gravity pulling at the gummy lips through thousands of years of evolution. Hirum Krawl was doing his best to appear authoritative throughout the meeting, dressed in a garish tangerine cloak of shimmersilk, while the dark miter covering the large bumps on his alien head was stacked ridiculously high.

Try as he might, though, the crimelord could not hide his fear. Its first clues appeared in his lava-colored eyes, the line of his horizontally split pupils seeming to quiver as she spoke, and the sclera around them turning a raw and sickly pink.

"You're here because you have nowhere else to go," the Neimoidian declared in his garbled Basic still trying to wear the veneer of confidence. "The Jedi are all alone in the galaxy now. There is no one, no ally for you to seek help from. You are being hunted by the Galactic Alliance, by their new Raithian comrades— probably by the Empire and Chiss soon enough. You might have even gone to the Hutts for help, but not after your nephew had that run-in with Cordoba.

"You're here because you have no choice— and that makes these negotiations very easy for me, because I hold in my hands all the power."

"It sounds like you've got it all figured out," Mara replied with an indifferent shrug, continuing to appear almost disinterested in the audience she'd demanded, and glanced around the room.

It was an obscene display of wealth, with crimson marble floors and imported Kuati rugs, an arched ceiling of shimmering red panels lined with gold, and a glorious spiral-shaped chandelier dangling above. The walls of the narrow, but lengthy chamber were all transparisteel separated by a few well-placed beams of gold, giving its occupants an unobstructed view of Cato Neimoidia's cities, all built on bridges that dangled over an endless abyss of fog and mist, which curled and rose amongst the durasteel spires.

Scattered around the room were more than a dozen golden tables, overflowing with jewels, precious metals, fine foods, intoxicants, and one Hutt-sized hookah. This wasn't a show of wealth as much as a portrait of the pathetic Neimoidian's greed, and craving to be amongst his most extravagant possessions.

"I expected you to at least deny it," Krawl replied in obvious surprise. "To bluff. Tell me you had something more to offer and somewhere else to go with it."

"What would be the point?" The Jedi Master questioned. "You've got me in a corner and you know it. I'm obviously not smart enough to fool you."

"It's good of you to acknowledge—"

"—Clearly if there was anywhere else I had to go, I wouldn't have come to a second-rate crime syndicate with a third-rate leader, who are still using forty-year-old battle droids and malnourished warriors for protection— Obviously, I'm desperate."

The statement drew curious looks from the two Neimoidian warriors guarding the doors, and even one of the six tan-plated B1 battle droids tilted its head at Mara's acerbic scrutiny. Krawl remained more befuddled, incensed at the Jedi's insolence but unwilling to admonish her because she'd seemingly bolstered his argument and strengthened his position by admitting her desperation— he just hadn't a clue why.

C-3PO on the other hand, was never at a loss for words, and shifted uncomfortably in the seat beside her. "I think what mistress Mara means to say is that we would greatly appreciate the assistance of your organization and are very much looking forward to a mutually profitable business relationship for both parties in the future."

"Well... as long as you recognize that there is nothing to really negotiate," Hirum Krawl croaked.

"Yes, I couldn't agree more," Mara went on, drawing another worried glance from Threepio's glowing photoreceptors. "There is not going to be a negotiation at all."

The Hydian Bones Syndicate was certainly not the most opulent or influential organization in the galaxy, but with the Galactic Alliance having severed ties with the Jedi and actively hunting them down with the Raithian Empire, Mara found their list of potential allies to be surprisingly brief, and knew the Order did not have the luxury of refusing to bargain with criminals if they wished to survive.

"So why don't you tell me what it is you're after, Mara Jade— so I can decide whether it's worth my trouble to hear what you could possibly have to offer," the Neimoidian implored, his chubby hands steepled.

"Oh, that part's easy," Mara explained. "We want credits, Krawl— and lots of them."

The alien's ruby eyes widened, burning through her as Mara continued to sit confidently, her own emerald gaze staring back at him. Her fiery hair brushed her bare shoulders and the dark cloak clasped around her neck, dropping over her lissome frame and the sleeveless black shirt and matching trousers she wore.

With the Alliance no longer willing to support the Jedi financially, the order needed credits and there was only so much Talon Karrde and Lando Calrissian could provide— they were businessmen, not a government. And the Jedi's expenses had gone up considerably now that they were attempting to hide from the most powerful forces in the galaxy. They needed resources if the Jedi were going to be able to do what she and Leia had planned.

Mara was just happy she no longer had to worry about doing things the legal way— they were already outlaws.

"It's funny to me that you would bring up credits," Krawl responded in accented Basic, "as I'm sure I could secure quite a reward if I were to contact Denon right now and inform them who is sitting in my redoubt right now."

The former Imperial assassin's eyes narrowed and her red lips again twisted into a smile. "But you're not going to do that, Krawl."

"I'm not?"

"No, you're not. You're going to give me the credits I want, and you're going to take what I have to offer."

"And why would I do that?" Krawl asked, leaning back in his throne in an attempt to appear composed.

"For many reasons," Mara smiled. "The first being that you don't really need the credits the Alliance would give you for turning me in that badly. It's not enough to make a significant difference to your organization like what I'm offering you and you'll only be drawing the Alliance's attention to yourself."

"And what are you offering me?"

"Battle droids," she answered. "Exclusive access to Tendrando Arms’ security and war droids."

"Battle droids, I already have," Krawl argued, gesturing to the old droids around them, silently ordering them to raise their blaster rifles where Mara could see them. "Hundreds of them."

"B1 battle droids," Mara scoffed, before casually waving one gloved hand and sending two of Krawl's protectors sailing back through the air. The spindly droids crashed into the gold beam several meters behind them and shattered, their limbs popping off their mangled frames and clattering to the floor like broken marionettes, much to the astonishment of their Neimoidian owner. "These are pre-Clone Wars, right? They're more a threat to themselves than anyone else. Tendrando's war droids have blaster cannons built into their arms that would cut through these droids like a sheet of flimsi."

"How dare you!" Krawl squealed in disbelief. He began making guttural grunts in Pak Pak at the two Neimoidian guards standing at the door, but neither of the feeble-minded aliens had the courage to advance on the Jedi Master with their shock sticks.

"Relax, I did you a favor."

"Oh, dear..." C-3PO squirmed nervously.

"The Tendrando Arms droids are the same combat droids the Alliance has been using since the Yuuzhan Vong invasion. They have laminanium plating— it's a self-healing alloy. They are the finest droids in the galaxy and our friend Calrissian owns the company— you could be the only person with access to them.

"Do you realize what that would mean for you? You'll no longer have to worry about your war with the Hutts or any other rival harassing your shipments— hell, if you wanted to, you could destroy the Hutts and take over operations on the Outer Rim. A bunch of Nikto and Rodian thugs might be able to stand up to these B1's, but when they see these Tendrando droids, Krawl— they'll run."

The Neimoidian's skin was beginning to grow pink as he panicked and Mara could tell from his labored breaths that his lung pods were beginning to contract. "No!" He gasped, demeanor changing to motions of groveling. "If the Alliance were to find out I was making deals with the Jedi, I would be ruined! They might turn a blind eye to smuggling and theft, but they would surely come after us for this."

"They won't find out," Mara assured. "We'll make it look like you stole the droid shipments and even if they wanted to come after you for it; they've got bigger problems on their hands right now."

"No, they'll find out we have the droids and come to question us."

Mara shrugged indifferently. "Then hide from them— it's what you do."

"But... but—"

"And, Krawl— the Alliance might be preoccupied with larger matters, but we are not. If you double-cross us, there will be nothing more important to us than hunting you down— and I will. I promise," Mara threatened, her eyes glinting darkly. "The Tendrando droids are tough, but they're no match for a bunch of angry Jedi. Do you understand?"

Hirum Krawl nodded, struggling to breathe and seeming to pathetically hide beneath his lavish miter.

If it was possible for a droid to look as though he were about to self-destruct from embarrassment, the bronzium protocol droid at Mara's left was making his best attempt.

"Cheer up, Krawl," Mara said, rising limberly from her seat as C-3PO moved to do the same, his servomotors whirring quietly. "Hydian Bones just became the most powerful crime syndicate in the galaxy. It was a pleasure doing business with you."

"An honor, really," Threepio clarified.

As Mara made her way to the doors, she knew that she'd taken an important step in keeping the Jedi order alive. The credits they would get from Krawl would go a long way to executing their plan to hide the Jedi, but they would do nothing to rescue her husband...

Luke Skywalker had been a prisoner of the Alliance and the Raithian forces for more than a month. They'd framed him as a traitor and taken him away from Mara and their five-year-old son Ben. They'd been forced to leave him behind on Denon when Rodan had decided to round up all the Jedi and detain them— it was the hardest thing Mara had ever had to do, but she had to put her son's safety first.

She could no longer feel her husband in the Force. It had happened shortly after they'd left Denon for Ossus. Mara didn't believe Luke could be dead, but she grew less certain with each passing day.

And with the knowledge that the Raithians were being controlled by at least one dark Force user claiming to be a Sith Lord, Mara's mind was filled with a million macabre possibilities.

But soon, she knew she would return to Denon and find him. She had to.

Luke, wherever you are... I'm coming.

Mara.

A month inside his cell within the GFS headquarters and Luke Skywalker's thoughts never strayed far from his wife. He wondered where she was, what she was doing. Was she safe? Had the Raithians caught up with her and Ben yet?

Luke sat up from his sleeping pallet in frustration, shifting the rumpled sheets beneath his weight. How he longed for just a touch from Mara in the Force, to know that she was all right. He hadn't felt her familiar presence since shortly after the Battle of Denon, when his captors had surrounded his cell with ysalamiri.

It was torture.

Mara, Ben, his sister Leia, her three children, Han— he hadn't a clue what had become of any of them. Luke was as cut-off from the Force as he was from society. The most logical reason to bring ysalamiri in was to keep the Jedi Master from escaping, and he was sure that was at least part of it... Still, Luke could not shake the feeling that the presence of the reptilian creatures which created bubbles around themselves where the Force could not be felt was there just as much because he would find it torturous.

They were trying to break him— and he didn't know why.

Pale blue eyes traveled around the contours of his lifeless cell, sliding over every detail he'd memorized weeks ago. The walls were dense and bland reinforced durasteel. It was flawless, the dull gray that surrounded him nearly impenetrable. Above him were two thin columns of overhead glowpanels, their hazy incandescence having become his sun, the only thing warding off the darkness. There was a small refresher unit to his right and the sleeping pallet he now sat on, with the bed sheets he'd been issued covering the cot and a pillow that seemed much too thin and still bore the faint imprint of his head in the little stuffing it had left.

Directly ahead of him was the only door. It had a small covered transom on its top half, which would be slid open before his meals were brought to him so the guards could be sure he wasn't close enough to the door to try anything. The door itself was made from a hunk of durasteel nearly as thick as the walls, and sealed shut with three military grade magna locks.

The cells last layer of security was an energy shield, a blue shimmer he only saw in the transom if it was slid open, but he knew the same shield was coursing through the walls three-feet in.

With the ysalamiri topping everything off, Luke found himself in an inescapable prison.

Why had they put him here? What did Rodan and the Raithians really want from him, or the other Jedi they'd captured? Before the ysalamiri were brought in, Luke had felt the presences of other Jedi ensnared in the Raithian trap, including Jedi Council members Cilghal, Kenth Hamner, and Tresina Lobi.

What could they possibly have done?

The reasons given for Luke’s incarceration were all too fresh in his memory. They stung all the more, because in his heart, Luke knew he had done something wrong. The vid of him speaking with Lando Calrissian and Talon Karrde about their plan to fix the election four years earlier during the formation of the Alliance was damning because it was real. Luke hadn't really known what the two men planned to do, but he'd sensed it was something immoral and did nothing to stop them. He was complicit in his silence.

At the time, it had seemed a matter of survival, and the only real choice. They were locked in a brutal war with the Yuuzhan Vong and Luke and others were desperate to keep Fyor Rodan out of the Chief of State's office. Rodan had been vocally anti-Jedi throughout his years as a senator and Luke had sensed that an Alliance led by Rodan would lead to a dark future for them all. So Lando and Karrde had blackmailed dozens of senators into changing their votes and gotten Cal Omas, an ally to the Jedi, elected instead...

Luke wondered what had become of Cal.

Was he locked away as a traitor to the GA as well? Or something worse?

He sighed.

His fingers brushed the smooth skin of his chin and he wondered for a moment why he bothered to shave every morning. Why he dressed in his black Jedi robes, the same ones he'd been wearing when the Raithians had stormed into his apartment and arrested him in front of his son Ben.

As hopeless and trapped as he appeared, Luke Skywalker was determined to escape from his prison. He knew that every day he moved a little nearer his goal.

Each day inside this hell was nearly indistinguishable from any other. His only contact with any other beings came three times a day when his meals were brought into his cell. One GFS guard would enter carrying a single tray, flanked by four others who kept blaster rifles trained on Luke should he attempt to escape. Beyond the open door he knew there were more armed guards, including Raithian soldiers.

Every day was the same— and every day he became more familiar with each nuance of the routine. It was only a matter of time before the guards slipped up, and when they did, Luke would capitalize on it.

He would escape. He would see his family again.

Luke's wondering mind came back to the stark reality of his cell when he suddenly felt the presence of the ysalamiri beginning to vanish— his guards were moving them! As the vacant bubbles they projected thinned, Luke was washed in the oceans of the Force for the first time in what seemed an eternity, its flow replenishing his spirit like the gulping breath of a diver whose head breaks the water's surface.

Before he could even wonder what was going on, the door to his cell was quickly ascending into the ceiling with a sharp hiss.

And in its place stood a shadow.

The figure was alone and dark, a vacuous ghost standing with the light from the corridor spilling in around him through the doorway.

That was when Luke felt it— a wicked stirring in the Force that seemed to gather into a maelstrom of baleful power and overwhelmed him, strangling the tranquil waves that had engulfed him only a moment earlier. Luke had felt the dark side presence once before— after the Battle of Denon, right before the ysalamiri severed his connection to the Force. He had felt it reach out to him then, as if announcing to the Jedi that evil had descended on the galactic capital.

Paralysis seemed to overtake Luke as the being swept in, swaddled in a sable cloak with the cowl raised to shield his face from view. When it neared, the Jedi Master could see that a mask veiled his visitor's visage— dark with burgundy and a trace of gold around the menacing T-shaped visor, and ivory marbling covering the cheeks.

Luke felt so cold as he stared up into the visor from his cot— he tried to speak, but no words would come.

"Greetings, Master Skywalker."

The voice was like nothing Luke had ever heard. It was eerily clear and serene, as if coming from inside his own head, and yet garbled somehow, as if the sound was traveling through water. Underlying it was a thin rasp that seethed beneath the metal.

"I am Darth Malig."

11. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    awesome post :D
    you have a superb hand in picking names Hirum [face_laugh]

EDIT: Hierum - this way 8-}

12. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Great post! =D= I really loved Mara telling that Neimodian how things were going to be. I like when she Force shoved the two droids rather casually! Coolness:cool: on her part!

Poor Luke, he is really down. Mara better get there fast!

13. corran2

corran2 Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2006
    Mara must be desperate if she is going to a Nemodian for help.Luke being a little to optimistic.

Luke::D :D :D
    Mara::( :( :(

14. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    Wow! As always, another wonderful job!

I'll be back later to write my really long, crazy review (you know you love it) :p

I'm so excited to see what's going to happen next... Fridays don't come fast enough :D

Ant.
    ]-}

15. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Previous chapter first. Sorry had a hellish week!

And for a few beings, it generously bestows upon them certain innate talents and abilities as a means of keeping the galactic eurhythmy.
    Gah ? for some reason I thought of Annie Lennox. :D J/K

Her brother made jokes so rarely these days, Jaina almost didn't know how to react to it. There was very little to laugh about since the Raithian invasion. If Jacen was trying to cheer her up, things must have been worse than she thought.
    LOL Let?s face it Jacen?s jokes would make anything worse!

"Are you two going to keep arguing throughout the entire mission? Cause I just want to know now if you're going to doom us to failure before we even begin," Jaina questioned as she kept glancing down the aisle to the ship's cockpit. She was the only one of them with a view to where the pilot and copilot were seated, no door between them and the forward cabin, and Jaina's eyes kept darting to them, waiting for the ship to be hailed.

"I'm just not sure this is even the sort of thing we should be doing right now," Jacen explained. "We need to focus on surviving? regrouping. Not attacking our enemies."

"If that's the approach we take, we'll never rescue Uncle Luke," Anakin chastened.

That?s our boy ? ever the pragmatist.

A quiet fizzing sound and the smell of something sweet caught her attention, and Jaina wrenched around in the pilot's seat to see Anakin sipping a glass of fizzy-bip as he stared out the viewport ahead of her.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"It was a long flight. I was thirsty," he said, taking another gulp of his drink.

LOL What did I just say? Loved it.

Oooh ? great ending, well for us anyway although not so good for the kiddos. I enjoyed the Solo banter, reminded me of the good old days. Ah!

Will now read new chapter. :)

Back with next chapter review.

It was an obscene display of wealth, with crimson marble floors and imported Kuati rugs, an arched ceiling of shimmering red panels lined with gold, and a glorious spiral-shaped chandelier dangling above. The walls of the narrow, but lengthy chamber were all transparisteel separated by a few well-placed beams of gold,
    Oh my gawd ? someone needs Martha Stewart!

Mara was just happy she no longer had to worry about doing things the legal way? they were already outlaws.
    Good point. Mara is, to a degree anyway, in her element. A fitting irony.

Pale blue eyes traveled around the contours of his lifeless cell, sliding over every detail he'd memorized weeks ago. The walls were dense and bland reinforced durasteel. It was flawless, the dull gray that surrounded him nearly impenetrable. Above him were two thin columns of overhead glowpanels, their hazy incandescence having become his sun, the only thing warding off the darkness. There was a small refresher unit to his right and the sleeping pallet he now sat on, with the bed sheets he'd been issued covering the cot and a pillow that seemed much too thin and still bore the faint imprint of his head in the little stuffing it had left.
    Oh my gawd ? another candidate for a Martha Stewart makeover. Interior design really ain?t strong in the GFFA is it? ;)

The reasons given for Luke?s incarceration were all too fresh in his memory. They stung all the more, because in his heart, Luke knew he had done something wrong.
    Poor old Luke. And it?s true that when you have only yourself to blame, it really hits you where it hurts.

And oh wow! Another spellbinding ending. I think the fact you can?t eyeball these guys makes it even more frightening ? a faceless enemy.

Woohoo ? I?m caught up again. [dances Ewok jig] Absolutely loving the story, Yoda

16. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    It is fun seeing Mara back to her roots. She did a great job with the Neimodian.

And then Luke. Finally, we see Luke. Though it would have been nicer if it was a rescuer and not a Sith at his door. Alas it is too soon for him to be free.

17. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    ooh... I've just read the first post. I must say it's rather good. no... REALLY good. up!

Phoenix

18. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    So Luke gets to meet teh Sith

19. Diamond_Revelation

Diamond_Revelation Jedi Master star 3

Feb 25, 2003
    So the we finally see something of Darth Malig! Hum I wonder what Luke will make of him and if we will find out more about what he wants with the Jedi and in particular the Solo's.

I love the way Luke was holding on, despite having been locked up for so long without access to the force he was still determined to escape!

Looking forward to the next chapter

20. Talon_Kenobi

Talon_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2003
    At last the Dark Lord and the Jedi Master come face to face

21. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
    YK: I always fall for that

And to think you have Yoda in your name. [face_shame_on_you]

Can't you just picture the chest hair coming out of the bra?

*Considers clawing eyes out* :eek:

Yeah, from what I've heard that show can be pretty gloomy I'll have to try and outdo it

</Anakin Skywalker> You will try.

"You're here because you have nowhere else to go," the Neimoidian declared in his garbled Basic still trying to wear the veneer of confidence. "The Jedi are all alone in the galaxy now. There is no one, no ally for you to seek help from. You are being hunted by the Galactic Alliance, by their new Raithian comrades? probably by the Empire and Chiss soon enough. You might have even gone to the Hutts for help, but not after your nephew had that run-in with Cordoba.

"You're here because you have no choice? and that makes these negotiations very easy for me, because I hold in my hands all the power."

Sounds fairly accurate. Although, the thought of the Empire coming in and saving the Jedi does sound kinda funny and ironic...

It was an obscene display of wealth, with crimson marble floors and imported Kuati rugs, an arched ceiling of shimmering red panels lined with gold, and a glorious spiral-shaped chandelier dangling above. The walls of the narrow, but lengthy chamber were all transparisteel separated by a few well-placed beams of gold, giving its occupants an unobstructed view of Cato Neimoidia's cities, all built on bridges that dangled over an endless abyss of fog and mist, which curled and rose amongst the durasteel spires.

And did Mara expect this Nemoidian to be any different? o_O

"What would be the point?" The Jedi Master questioned. "You've got me in a corner and you know it. I'm obviously not smart enough to fool you."

"It's good of you to acknowledge?"

"?Clearly if there was anywhere else I had to go, I wouldn't have come to a second-rate crime syndicate with a third-rate leader, who are still using forty-year-old battle droids and malnourished warriors for protection? Obviously, I'm desperate."

[face_laugh]

Owned. [face_beatup]

C-3PO on the other hand, was never at a loss for words, and shifted uncomfortably in the seat beside her. "I think what mistress Mara means to say is that we would greatly appreciate the assistance of your organization and are very much looking forward to a mutually profitable business relationship for both parties in the future."

[face_laugh] I think in a way that's what she was saying. Only more bluntly. :p

"Battle droids," she answered. "Exclusive access to Tendrando Arms? security and war droids.?

Now that should improve his security... [face_thinking]

"Battle droids, I already have," Krawl argued, gesturing to the old droids around them, silently ordering them to raise their blaster rifles where Mara could see them. "Hundreds of them."

*Snort* I go through those battle droids like they weren't even there. Trust me, take the Tendrando Arms' droids.

"These are pre-Clone Wars, right? They're more a threat to themselves than anyone else.

[face_laugh] So true.

Battledroid 1: Is she talking about us, Sergent?

Battledroid 2: Yes, Private.

Battledroid 1: Roger, Roger.

Luke wondered what had become of Cal.

Was he locked away as a traitor to the GA as well? Or something worse?

Don't worry Luke, Cal's been... taken care of. [face_devil]

"Greetings, Master Skywalker."

The voice was like nothing Luke had ever heard. It was eerily clear and serene, as if coming from inside his own head, and yet garbled somehow, as if the sound was traveling through water. Underlying it was a thin rasp that seethed beneath the metal.

"I am Darth Malig."

*Cue ominous Sith music* [face_worried]

Now this should be interesting...[face_thinking]

22. jasa

jasa Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2005
    *holding my spot until I have time to read the chapter*

EDIT: So Mara negotiates a Neimoidian and Luke gets a Sith. For some reason I don't think the Sith-part is good [face_worried]

23. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Oooh, Luke and Malig, face to face. Will Luke dare to try something??

24. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Maggy: awesome post

Thanks! Glad you liked it.

you have a superb hand in picking names Hirum
    EDIT: Hierum - this way [/i]

I think I'm missing something :p I'm glad you like the name though!

iamobiwan: Great post!

Thank you :)

I really loved Mara telling that Neimodian how things were going to be. I like when she Force shoved the two droids rather casually! Coolness on her part!

Glad you liked it. Mara's just plain cool :cool: And a lot of to write.

Poor Luke, he is really down. Mara better get there fast!

Yeah, he's having a tough time of it. But he hasn't given up ;)

Thanks for reading :D

corran2: Mara must be desperate if she is going to a Nemodian for help.Luke being a little to optimistic.

The Jedi don't have much for allies at the moment :( And Luke is always the optimist ;) He thought he could save his father, after all :p

Luke:
    Mara:

*Giggles*

Thanks for reading :D

Ant: Wow! As always, another wonderful job!

Thank you very much :)

I'll be back later to write my really long, crazy review (you know you love it)

Of course I do :D Can't wait.

I'm so excited to see what's going to happen next... Fridays don't come fast enough

Thanks, I'm glad you're enthused :cool: And thanks for reading!

Tahi: Previous chapter first. Sorry had a hellish week!

Sorry to hear that [:D] Hope everything is okay.

Gah ? for some reason I thought of Annie Lennox. J/K

I did too [face_laugh]

LOL Let?s face it Jacen?s jokes would make anything worse!

Definitely. Hasn't Jaina suffered them long enough? :p

That?s our boy ? ever the pragmatist.

And his brother the idealist 8-}

LOL What did I just say? Loved it.

Glad you liked that.

Oooh ? great ending, well for us anyway although not so good for the kiddos. I enjoyed the Solo banter, reminded me of the good old days. Ah!

I know what you mean. Was a lot of fun writing it just because I miss that kind of thing so much.

Will now read new chapter.
    Back with next chapter review.

That was quick 8-}

Oh my gawd ? someone needs Martha Stewart!

[face_laugh]

Good point. Mara is, to a degree anyway, in her element. A fitting irony.

She definitely got to deal with a lot of scum during her time as the Emperor's Hand... And afterwards too :p

Oh my gawd ? another candidate for a Martha Stewart makeover. Interior design really ain?t strong in the GFFA is it?

[face_laugh]

I think you're right. Naboo looked pretty good though.

Poor old Luke. And it?s true that when you have only yourself to blame, it really hits you where it hurts.

Yeah. Must be especially bad to have to sit their in complete solitude and think about it :(

And oh wow! Another spellbinding ending. I think the fact you can?t eyeball these guys makes it even more frightening ? a faceless enemy.

There's a connection between Faybol and Malig and the masks? and what Malig is hiding under there [face_mischief] We'll get to that eventually though.

Woohoo ? I?m caught up again. [dances Ewok jig] Absolutely loving the story, Yoda

Thanks so much, I'm glad you're enjoying it. And nice dancing! [face_dancing]

RM: It is fun seeing Mara back to her roots. She did a great job with the Neimodian.

She knows how to deal with cowards like Krawl [face_beatup]

And then Luke. Finally, we see Luke.

Sorry for the delay [face_blush]

Though it would have been nicer if it was a rescuer and not a Sith at his door. Alas it is too soon for him to be free.

A rescue will be fun. I'm sure someone will try it before the end ;)

And yeah, Luke still has things to learn while he's on Denon. We'll be seeing more of him.

Thanks for reading!

25. Maggy

Oct 2, 2004
    the german word Hier rum - pronounced like Hirum
    means: "this way" or "there around"

8-}