Beyond Exodus (Post-NJO AU: Jaina, Jacen, Anakin Solo, H/L, L/M, Tahiri, Jag, Kyp, more) New fic 5/30/08!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Late again! Sorry.

"I can't understand a word you're saying," Threepio went on. "Your systems must be worse off than they even look, which is quite horrible, I might add... Oh no! Your smoldering wires are tarnishing my metacarpal covering!"
    :D Silly old C3PO.

I couldn't agree with you more, sir. I can't tell you how refreshing it is to be at the service of a human being with such logical priorities.
    :D Classic.

I enjoyed the scene with Jag and the droids a lot :) Great dialogue.

"How's he doing?"

"It's difficult to say."

"Why? What's he saying?"

The protocol droid turned to Jag with his typical blank expression and brightly glowing yellow eyes. "At the moment, Artoo is reciting a recipe for air cake, sir."

Jag opened his mouth to respond but found there was nothing to say. After a moment, C-3PO added, "I'll let you know if he mentions the bay doors."

Wonderful. Actually - can I have a copy of that recipe? Air cake sounds just the right kind of thing for an airhead. ;)

"Goodness, I think I miscalculated. You may actually be worse than Captain Solo."
    The greatest compliment ever. [face_love]

Had Jacen really fallen to the dark side? Had his mind been poisoned against the Order? Had he just gone mad?
    Can we choose option 4 - all of the above?

"Stop right there!" Jaina shouted.

There was no doubt her pursuers had seen the flash of her glowrod as she was running through the forest, so her only hope was to try and scare them off. As weary as she was, she didn't know how long she could last in a fight, especially against a cadre of Raithian Commandos.

"Oh, please don't kill us!" A tremulous voice called back through the woods. "We've been through enough!"

=D= I love it!

As if on cue, the astromech came rolling out of the forest, his treads clogged with a tangle of vines and overgrowth before he tipped over and landed face-first into the mud.

"I'm afraid Artoo may be in need of some maintenance when we return to Halo," C-3PO admitted.

:D Words escape me - this is SO Star Wars.

nstead of scoffing at her, the Togorian's blaster cannon lowered slightly. "Solo? Han Solo's cub?"

"Well... His daughter, yes," Jaina admitted, beginning to feel even more nervous.

The Togorian seemed amused and she thought Jaina heard a murmur working its way through the trees.

"Solo," the gray creature repeated with a grin. "Yes, we remember him well."

Yay - at least I think so. ;) Tell me Han doesn't owe the Togorians anything?!

Han was still adjusting to the realization that his wife was a killing machine.
    Yeah - he'd better remember to put the toilet seat down from now on, or else.

With somewhat less grace than his wife, Han stepped over the safety railing and hopped down into the din, his feet hitting stone only a moment before his backside did the same.
    Ha - great stuff. It brought home to me again why I admire Han. Things are so much harder for him and yet he keeps on going anyway.

Mara led them all down to the next level and started for the GFS hangar when the flashing strobe lights of a security speeder came streaking into view, and banked hard ahead of them. Kyle and Mara leveled their blasters at the vehicle, getting ready to unload on it when it came to a dead stop on the pedwalk. The doors opened and out came the unmistakable sound of Barabel sissing.
    Hee hee - loved that bit. A little of echo of Chewie in RotJ in the AT-AT. :) Just the kind of thing the Barabels would find amusing, too.

What a relief they found Anakin - but his silence is making me nervous.

Good on Klorne for being suspicious, especially as it meant she let the Lady Luck get away.

What a chapter! =D=

2. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Red: Me, too, Impboy. I'm just a lurker these days, and you know what? I still get in trouble that way.

I guess you should just post all the time then [face_whistling]

Exactly! That's what I meant, Yobi. What's the big deal with losing just a hand?

I'm afraid to ask which body parts you think I should have had him lose 8-}

Tahi: Late again! Sorry.

No worries, of course [:D]

Silly old C3PO.

He's very sensitive :p

I enjoyed the scene with Jag and the droids a lot Great dialogue.

Wonderful. Actually - can I have a copy of that recipe? Air cake sounds just the right kind of thing for an airhead.

So who are you cooking it for then? :p

The greatest compliment ever.

It is :cool:

[]Can we choose option 4 - all of the above? [/i]

Absolutely.

Words escape me - this is SO Star Wars.

Aww, thanks [face_blush]

Yay - at least I think so. Tell me Han doesn't owe the Togorians anything?!

Who knows? :p He was good buddies with one way back when though. We'll find out whether these were Togorians who remember him fondly or not in the epilogue.

Yeah - he'd better remember to put the toilet seat down from now on, or else.

[face_laugh]

Ha - great stuff. It brought home to me again why I admire Han. Things are so much harder for him and yet he keeps on going anyway.

Yeah, he was always my favorite as a kid :cool:

Hee hee - loved that bit. A little of echo of Chewie in RotJ in the AT-AT. Just the kind of thing the Barabels would find amusing, too.

I hadn't even thought of the Chewie connection but you're totally right :D

What a relief they found Anakin - but his silence is making me nervous.

The epilogue might make you more nervous :p

Good on Klorne for being suspicious, especially as it meant she let the Lady Luck get away.

She's a potential ally for the Jedi at this point. Hopefully that will continue.

What a chapter!

Thanks so much, I'm glad you liked it :D And thanks for reading!

Okay, here we finally are :D Today is the last post of Exodus. I hope you guys like it, but I'll warn you again that it's going to be a bear to get through. Extremely long.

Hopefully it will answer some questions though and give you an idea where we'll be heading in the next fic.
  3. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
  4. Caedus93 Jedi Knight

Burning in my seat. Just waiting for the uppdate.
  5. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Epilogue: Exodus

She wasn't dead.

He could feel that much as he marched urgently through the Rapture's tunnels, boots thumping almost noiselessly against the glades of cream-colored carpet lining his path with Commander Nyll and three of his elite commandos keeping pace behind him. The presence was murky, but it was there, as if she was trying to hide from him and failing.

Still, it felt to Jacen Solo as if everything was slipping away.

All of the misgivings he'd had about Malig's mission had materialized, turning the entire expedition into a debacle that almost cost Jaina her life. As convincing as the Dark Lord's vision of the Force had been to him, Jacen began to wonder if he really understood anything at all. He didn't even really know who Malig was.

There was no limp in his step as he rounded the corner despite the fact that his right knee was screaming with blades of pain from whatever had popped inside his leg when his sister had delivered a sweeping kick to it. His right shoulder was on fire, boiling from Wrev's lightsaber strike which had come too close to the old wound Darth Malig had healed, but Jacen did not wince or grimace as the smoldering fabric and wet tendrils of his Raithian combat suit brushed against it with each movement.

If he'd learned anything from Vergere, it was not just to endure or accept pain? but to embrace it.

The memory of his Fosh guide only brought the same questions to the surface of his mind that had been lurking for weeks. Was the spirit he kept seeing really her? Had she really met Malig and set him on a path to become the Sith's apprentice? It didn't seem possible, and yet the alternative was that he was simply going mad, which while more comforting in some ways, seemed unlikely.

He wished that the Force would offer him more guidance, or that he could interpret the tangle of blurred images he glimpsed when he slipped into a trance-like state within the Energy's flow, the erratic visions of the future that he'd been getting since his hermitage on Zonama Sekot, but was too limited to truly decipher. It was a side-effect of having lived in the tampasi for so long, meditating there and becoming a part of the living planet in a way that perhaps no one else had. Jacen could see time the way Zonama Sekot did, but it didn't mean he could understand it.

Where was his path leading him? If he could see it, if he could see which direction his choices led, he could be certain he was doing the right thing.

Jacen sighed as he and his guards entered one of the cruise liner's extravagant resorts, trying to forget his failures but still sensing that glimmer of Force power on Togoria that felt like a part of him.

The corridor's ivory-colored bulkheads glistened with the shafts of artificial sunlight filtering through a series viewscreens arrayed on the left and slivers of prismatic brilliance reflected from the Iridonian crystal chandeliers tethered to the ceiling every five meters. It was as lavish and elegant as any of the lodgings packed within the Rapture's Mon Calamari-crafted hull, but now stood eerily still? cordoned off by the Raithian forces.

News of their presence and the true nature of the cruise liner's lockdown were spreading quickly throughout the Rapture after Aero Gin's antics and Jacen ordering more than three dozen patrons to vacate their rooms. The suites were now part of an official investigation and they needed them in order to ensure the security of the entire ship.

They reached the end of the corridor where a set of finely-crafted double doors decorated with a flame-like etchings were guarded by two of the blue-armored Raithian troopers who had come to the cruise liner with Aero. The soldiers saluted Jacen as he approached and allowed him and Nyll to pass as he palmed the door control and the panels slid away into the walls with a pneumatic hiss.

Beyond the arched doorway was one of two suites that were now being searched, with a handful of guards stationed around the room w
  6. Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager

star 6
    First! I hereby crown myself Undisputed First! champion of the world, and retire undefeated :p

YK, It's been a pleasure to read this 'fic. Can't wait for the next one :D

Right, the update :p

"The Squibs won't shut up though," the soldier went on, gesturing with her blaster towards the three creatures on the other bed. "They keep trying to make deals with us, promising us all sorts of information and treasures.

[face_laugh] Typical Squibs.

"There are ways of making her answer questions, sir," Nyll said from behind. "We have people that specialize in that kind of interrogation."

How Gestapo of him. I almost expect a Raithian interrogator to say, "Ve have vays of making you talk!" :p

And now she and Jag and maybe Wrev were down on Togoria like cornered animals, and Jacen remembered his days at the Jedi Academy with his collection of exotic pets? or even the many creatures on Zonama Sekot? well enough to know how animals reacted when they were cornered. If he was to make another attempt to capture Jaina on the surface or they snagged her with a tractor beam on her way out of the system and dragged her in as a prisoner on one of the Raithian warships, his twin would fight to her death.

She would never surrender.

Don't forget the Togorians. Those guys are nasty in a fight.

But that's not what the Raithians would be anymore? not while Jacen was in command of their forces. Kol Rénin had been a cruel butcher, corrupted by his own power and desire for more. Like Palpatine... like Vader. If Darth Malig was right, that wasn't what a Sith Lord was supposed to be and it wasn't how Jacen Solo would ever be.

Pretty sure Jacen told himself the same thing in LOTF, and look what happened there :p

Anakin looked up from the spot on the deck he'd been staring at. "What choice is there?" He asked. "We have to mobilize Halo and get to the Unknown Regions, find the Chiss and ask Thrawn for help. Jacen knows where Halo is, so we have to get everyone to safety."

Finally, someone talks sense. I've been telling the Jedi to do that for months but they never listened :p

"And then, I'm going to find Jacen," he said. "And I'm gonna kill him."

Oooh. Ominous.

The Jedi Exodus into the Unknown has begun.

Ah, so that's where 'Exodus' comes in ;)

"Your brother is enraged, Lord Hâvok. His attachment to Tahiri is his weakness. I have exploited that. We no longer need worry about finding and capturing him. Your brother will come to me."

"Yes, to destroy you."

"Precisely. He will have already opened himself up to the true nature of the Force? he will be ready."

It didn't make any sense to Jacen. If all Malig wanted to do was to turn Anakin to what they'd been taught was the "Dark Side of the Force," he could see how that would work, but how the Sith made the leap from Anakin wanting to kill him to actually joining their side was beyond his understanding.

Why would Malig go to so much work to make Anakin think Tahiri was dead?

Engage your brain, Solo. Malig isn't interested in you. He wants Anakin. Maybe he should've named you Darth Tyranus the Second to hammer the point in more obviously :rolleyes:

"Take off your mask."

The Dark Lord paused for a moment, as if he were smiling behind the angles of black and crimson. Then, without a word, he drew back his cowl and with one gloved-hand, he gripped the mask concealing his identity, and pulled it away.

Jacen couldn't help but smile.

Suddenly, everything made sense.

Awwww sonofa...You can't leave us hanging here!!! :(

Theories of the younger generation of Skywalker/Solos flow-walking into the past to become Darth Malig are forming in my mind ;)

Brilliant ending, YK. Roll on the Lands of the Dead.
  7. Caedus93 Jedi Knight

Second. masterfully done now I´m waiting for the next fic. And wondering who Darth Malig is.
  8. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Well, if you made it through that monster post and are confused by the ending, it's a reference to what Malig told Luke back in chapter 9:

"Do you want to know what's behind this mask?" Malig asked. "Truth, Master Skywalker. If I were to remove it now, everything would make sense to you. The puzzle pieces would all fall into place, and you would finally see what is truly going on."

So now we know that Malig was telling the truth [face_mischief]

Anyway, here we are fourteen months, sixty posts, and 307,658 words since Exodus began, and it's been a fun ride for me. This took me more time to write than any fic I've ever written before, which is weird because I've never had a story so thoroughly planned out before I started. There was zero chance for writer's block :p

I'm glad it's over and I hope those of you who have read the story enjoyed it. I know that this series is very demanding on a reader's time and attention in order to follow it and I sincerely appreciate your having devoted that time and effort to this.

I need to say a special thank you to jagsredlady who managed to beta these massive posts every week and make it look like I'm actually proficient in English. I've been sending her a lot of chapters lately at the last minute and she still manages to fix them up for me. I really can't thank her enough, she's amazing [:D]

Also, thank you to my second-string beta Clone_Cmdr_Wedge who filled in for five weeks last year while Red was off traveling around the world. He did a great job =D=

I want to thank Spike2002, Clone_Cmdr_Wedge, jagsredlady, Tahi, TahiriSoloFan, oldjedinurse, Chimpo, Diamond_Revelation, Goddess_Jaya, FORCEBlLADE, iamobiwan1970, SilSolo, RebelMom, Magnuskn, LosDosMos, Krayt-Eagle, TelannaTani, Jedi-Ant, Master_Palpy, rebel_cheese, Whitey, Talon_Kenobi, flowerbee, corran2, Maggy, poku_29, THE_PIED_PIPER, sdhfs, Darth_Marrs, TKeira_Lea, canadianjedimama, Ultima_1, Morgoth_The_Enemy, Pelranius, Tahiri-Solo, Jedi_RIches, smash128, thesporkbewithyou, Dooku-Darklighter, excellion_razor, megacrafter2, Caedus93, zonzo, jasa, Player, FallenHeart, EGKenobi, star_writer24, EvieSolo, Yodas-evil-twin, Dark_Lord_Jax, Jedi-Roxy, Lightsaber123, Wraith20878, reagan64, TheCrazyRodian, FVZA-Colonel, darkjedileia, ImperialSolo, mandyq, ImerialRemnant, GeithJiseo2, DARTH_MU, Korgan26, mrjop2, angry_bendu1, and CassaSoloDaughterOfA for reading this story. Anyone I may have forgotten or any lurkers out there, I thank as well.

Lastly, thanks to Maggy for creating such a cool cover! :D I still love it a year later. It's perfect.

I am extremely excited about the next fic, "The Lands of the Dead". You can probably get an idea the direction it will be headed based on the end of Exodus, but I think there will be some great surprises. When I was coming up with the ideas for this series, it's the one I was looking forward to writing the most, if that means anything :p

Look for it some time in the next 5-8 weeks depending on how well the writing goes. In the meantime I will be posting teasers and another trailer during the hiatus. Look for what I promise will be a shocking dramatis personae two weeks from today.

For those of you who have asked to receive PM updates for this fic, you'll have to let me know if you wish to continue to receive them for "The Lands of the Dead." If I don't hear from you, I will assume that you do not.

It's been a blast writing and posting this over the last year, and I've had so much fun reading your comments and goofing off with all of you :D We're halfway through the Legacy of the Sith series? hopefully the second half will be even more fun.

I love you all [face_love]

And now to celebrate:

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/4t6um2s.gif]

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/4q6
  9. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    congrats on finishing =D=[:D]

now I just need to read all [face_blush]

EDIT:
    Lastly, thanks to Maggy for creating such a cool cover! :D I still love it a year later. It's perfect.

[face_blush] you are very welcome, it was fun working with you :D
    and looking forward to the next cover *hints hints nudge nudge* :D [:D]
  10. THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Yobi, your writing was one of the fundamental reasons I joined tf.net. It has always been my pleasure to read and reply even if I sometimes get behind and have to catch up. Once again thank you for what you do, I can't imagine the time this takes out of your life. :) I eagarly await The Lands of the Dead.

And we love you. [:D]

Kick :)

Yoda Kenobi

I know. But you have to," Jag replied, before offering her his hand. "And I'll come with you."

[face_love] [face_love] I have no words for that.

Anakin's blue eyes turn back to staring ahead into nothingness, leaning forward on the crate.

"And then, I'm going to find Jacen," he said. "And I'm gonna kill him."

Oooohhhhh, I'll be front and center that day. :cool:

11. zonzo Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Great job, seriously. I can't wait for The Lands of the Dead.
  12. Talon_Kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    Great ending. I hope you know what your doing with the revealing of Darth Malig face and that it makes everything make sense. I don't want to be let down.

Oh and I would gladly like to be added to the new PM list if that is possible
  13. Tahi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Not so late this time. :)

It was a side-effect of having lived in the tampasi for so long, meditating there and becoming a part of the living planet in a way that perhaps no one else had. Jacen could see time the way Zonama Sekot did, but it didn't mean he could understand it.

Where was his path leading him? If he could see it, if he could see which direction his choices led, he could be certain he was doing the right thing.

If only Jacen would forget about all this desire for knowledge and start living in the present - he'd be a lot better off.

Only days earlier, the Raithians had been hunting Jacen, and he realized it was going to take some time to build trust with the soldiers, just as he was losing all he had built with the people he loved most in the galaxy.
    You know something? I've come to the conclusion that Jacen feeds on this kind of emotional pain. It actually makes him feel strong to think about his own suffering.

Having said that - I liked the way he dealt with those annoying Squibs. LOL

"In time you may change your mind," Jacen said as the troopers moved to grab Alema by her elbows and hoisted her from the bed.

"There's someone I want you to meet."

Uh-oh. I don't often feel sorry for Alema - but I do now!

There was something so final about the way that Raithian shuttle had disappeared through Denon's night sky that made her blood run cold, and Mara found she could not look her son in the eye as she lied to him.

"I saw him and he's fine, but I couldn't get him yet. I will though, Ben," she said, finally managing to look up. "I promise."

Poor Mara.

"You left her?" Valin snapped in disbelief.

"There..." There was no reason to believe she survived, Mara stopped herself from saying.

Ouch - poor Mara again. It gets so complicated doesn't it?

Streams of exhaust vented around the craft's legs before its landing ramp was lowered to the hangar deck and two figures appeared, one supporting the other as it limped down the plank of metal. They stepped beyond the shadow of the transport's tail fin and the faces of Jag Fel and Jaina Solo came into view, bruised and beaten.
    Very cool visual image of the two emerging form the cloud of exhaust.

I found Rodan's misgivings about the honour of the Jedi very amusing coming from him. Nice little glimpse of his warped mind.

I feel so sorry for poor Jaina - such pain. The funny thing is that Jacen reckons his capacity to embrace pain is a strength - but Jaina proves that living with it, while still keeping it distanced, is proof of greater strength.

Anakin seemed as though he was barely listening at times, seated on a metal crate a half meter away and often staring straight ahead in a trance,
    Gah - not good!!

It was in this setting that their lives would change forever, and Leia hadn't an inkling it was coming. She would later muse whether she might have sensed something in the Force if there hadn't been so many ysalamiri on board the space station hiding them from Faybol? if the energy would have given her some hint, some warning, some clue at the revelation that would tear her family and the galaxy asunder.

"But it wasn't Rénin who was pursuing us," Jaina said, almost as if it were physically exhausting to continue on. She swallowed hard, her eyes filled with sadness.

"It was Jacen."

Dun, dun, dun, dunhhhhhh!!!!

No, Leia knew that wasn't true. If Jacen had really joined the Sith, it wouldn't have been out of pettiness? it would have been because he honestly believed it was the right way. And that scared Leia more than anything.
    Hear, hear! That is exactly what makes it scary.

Anakin looked up from the spot on the deck he'd been staring at. "What choice is there?" He asked. "We have to mobilize Halo and get to the Unknown Regions, find the Chiss and ask Thrawn for help. Jacen knows where Halo is, so we have to get everyone to safety."

Jaina folded her arms. "And then what?"

Anakin's blue eyes turn back to staring ahead into
  14. Wraith20878 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Wow! Great Ending! Cant wait to find out what hapens next
  15. canadianjedimama Force Ghost

star 4
    Yoda! It's over! [:D]

:_| Now what will I do with myself for the next 2 months worth of Friday nights?

:p

Seriously though, you are a truly gifted writer. The ability you have to make a scene leap out from the screen is absolutely magical.

Exodus has been the best 15 minutes of my Friday nights for months now. [face_shhh] Don't tell my husband. :p

You've also inspired me on my own fanfic journey...thank you.

But as to the post...it was truly epic. Not just length but content too. I don't even know where to start.

You captured Jaina's torment perfectly.

Jag's steadfast devotion.

Mara and Ben's heartbreak.

Han and Leia's disbelief.

Anakin's cold fury.

Just...perfect.=D=

Can't wait for more! See you soon!

Cyn (aka canadianjedimama)

PS...I have a think about who was behind the mask? Are you going to run a sweepstakes on that?
  16. smash128 Jedi Master

star 2
    YodaKenobi that was the greatest thing I ever read, can't wait for your next fic.
  17. darkjedileia Jedi Master

star 1
    That was one evil cliff hanger! I must know who this guy is [face_frustrated]
  18. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Congrats on finishing. I don't know how you can continue to write epic after epic.

Jacen is really in over his head. Now who the heck is behind the mask? Yeah, I know I wont find out until the next epic. [face_not_talking]

Thank goodness Luke is still alive.
  19. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Force Ghost

star 3
    Sorry, would've replied sooner but I've had to deal with a lot on news on Friday. Still trying to process and get my head around some of it. [face_tired]

Don't worry, it's all good news, just surprised me, that's all. [face_peace]

YK:If he'd learned anything from Vergere, it was not just to endure or accept pain? but to embrace it.

I now give the "Emo Award of the Year" to...

"The Squibs won't shut up though," the soldier went on, gesturing with her blaster towards the three creatures on the other bed. "They keep trying to make deals with us, promising us all sorts of information and treasures.

Why doesn't that surprise me? o_O

Alema didn't seem bothered by the insult, directing her scorn instead at Jacen. "General? What are you doing?"

You don't want to know, Alema. [face_plain]

"This is important. Who else came here with you?" Alema just glared vibroblades at Jacen, and he shook his head, continuing on. "Look, if you just tell me, I can help?"

Oh yes, you did a wonderful job with your sister earlier. :rolleyes:

"I'm not telling you anything!" She snarled. "You would betray us to them? Murderers? Slavers? You're nothing but a lying schutta, Jacen Solo."

I would've called him worse. Maybe the toxin is still affecting her?

Finally, he raised the cylinder of white plastoid back to his lips. "No... negative. We can't start intercepting all ships coming out of Togoria. It would ignite a civil war faster than we already are."

What the... Havok has an IQ of at least 5! That blows Caedus out of the water! :eek:

"So what are you going to do to us?" Spek questioned.

"Nothing," Jacen replied. "You're free to go."

Holy Frak, Havok is doing everything Caedus wouldn't do. I think I'm starting to..to...re..respect Havok. *blinks*

"In time you may change your mind," Jacen said as the troopers moved to grab Alema by her elbows and hoisted her from the bed.

"There's someone I want you to meet."

Let me guess: It's a 'charming fellow' by the name of Darth Malig?

"What happened?" He asked, face falling as he inspected the woman's face more closely.

She just shook her head. "Where's my son, Calrissian?"

*Starts running*

"Look, it's not my fault!" He began? Mara knew it was bad. "Ben snuck on board the Falcon and from there he got on the Errant Venture when we docked. I had no idea until it was too late!"

*Hides in underground bunker*

"You put the idea in his head! You encouraged this!"

"And it's a good thing I did; we'd all be dead right now!"

"Just stay away from my son," Mara seethed.

*Pokes head out* What the... and I thought for sure someone was going to be skewered.

"Tahiri's gone," Mara managed. "She was killed. And Jysella... we're not sure what happened to her."

A cry escaped Mirax's mouth before she covered it with one hand and tears formed a glistening layer around her eyes.

"I lost sight of her," Mara continued, shaking her head sadly. "She and Tahiri were supposed to be behind me, I... I don't know what led them another direction. Anakin found Tahiri's body, but your daughter... we don't know where she is."

"You left her?" Valin snapped in disbelief.

"There..." There was no reason to believe she survived, Mara stopped herself from saying. "There was no choice. We had no idea where she went and... We were ambushed.

You know, this whole part here gave me Mass Effect vibes. Considering that you haven't played the game yet (I think), that means something. Sort of reminded me of the aftermath of this one planet you go to in that game. You'll probably figure it out if you ever get around to playing it.

Mara recognized the approaching craft as an old Neimoidian Sheathipede-class shuttle that had been retrofitted with a hyperdrive and a small weapons mount along its belly.

General Grievous? :p

"Jaina!" Leia exclaimed, pu
  20. Diamond_Revelation Force Ghost

star 3
    Wow great ending - talk about a cliff hanger!!

I definitely want to go on the PM list for the next!!! [face_praying]
  21. TahiriSoloFan Jedi Master

star 4
    The entire chapter was great. You did a good job a leaving me feeling like you've resolved stuff, but I'm still dying for more. :p

But Jacen wanted answers.

"Take off your mask."

The Dark Lord paused for a moment, as if he were smiling behind the angles of black and crimson. Then, without a word, he drew back his cowl and with one gloved-hand, he gripped the mask concealing his identity, and pulled it away.

Jacen couldn't help but smile.

Suddenly, everything made sense.

As if I didn't want to read the next part anyway! Now I'm really dying for the next part. I'm racking my brain to come up with who it might be.
  22. Ultima_1 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Well, at least it's not that bad of a hiatus (or YK would have a riot on his hands)

Great wrap up. Your imagery was great as always, especially the section about the Errant Venture pulling Halo out of the asteroid belt.

Add me to the list of people who wonder who was under the mask. It'd need to be someone with Master level talent, but I can't think of too many of those from the post RotJ era that aren't accounted for.
  23. TelannaTani Jedi Knight

star 3
    Exellent last posting. Good thing there's only a few weeks until the next fic! The last line was particularly brutal. I can't wait for more of the mystery to unfold!

Happy break - don't let it last too long. :D

Voz
  24. FORCEBlLADE Force Ghost

star 3
    Ahh, why leave us hanging on malig's identity; do you just like tortuing us? Can't wwait for "The Lands of the Dead". You're n awesome writor, dude.
  25. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Spike: First! I hereby crown myself Undisputed First! champion of the world, and retire undefeated

Yeah, no argument there =D= You had a very impressive string of Firsts there for a long while.

YK, It's been a pleasure to read this 'fic. Can't wait for the next one

Aww, thanks :D That means a lot, I hope you'll enjoy the next one. I think it will be fun

Typical Squibs.

I love them :p

How Gestapo of him. I almost expect a Raithian interrogator to say, "Ve have vays of making you talk!"

[face_laugh]

Yeah, pretty much. We'll be finding out more about the Raithians in the next fic... a lot more.

Don't forget the Togorians. Those guys are nasty in a fight.

Yeah, I would not want to invade Togoria, especially on the ground [face_worried]

Pretty sure Jacen told himself the same thing in LOTF, and look what happened there

Yeah, very similar to the line Lumiya gave him about Vectivus and what a real Sith is supposed to be.

Finally, someone talks sense. I've been telling the Jedi to do that for months but they never listened

They've been waiting to hear back from the Chiss. They sent Shawnk'yr'nurodo ahead on their behalf to negotiate.

Now I guess they're just going to show up on Thrawn's doorstep 8-}

Originally Jaina was going to meet with the Four Families back in AoH but she got ambushed by Aero on Csilla and the meeting never took place.

Ah, so that's where 'Exodus' comes in

Yeah, I couldn't really tell you guys why I thought that title was appropriate when everyone was making suggestions last year 8-}

Engage your brain, Solo. Malig isn't interested in you. He wants Anakin. Maybe he should've named you Darth Tyranus the Second to hammer the point in more obviously

I wish I could tell you whether you were right or wrong, but it's probably best if I don't.

By the end of the third fic though, we'll know exactly which Solo Malig needs. It should fit together nicely.

Awwww sonofa...You can't leave us hanging here!!!

Sorry :(

Theories of the younger generation of Skywalker/Solos flow-walking into the past to become Darth Malig are forming in my mind

As opposed to time-travel as I normally am, I have to say, I really like those theories [face_mischief] Perhaps just for the pure shock value of Malig taking off his mask and us seeing Luke, or Jacen, or Ben.

Brilliant ending, YK. Roll on the Lands of the Dead.

Thanks so much :D I'm hoping the wait won't be too long.

Caedus: Second.

=D=

masterfully done

Thank you [face_blush]

now I´m waiting for the next fic. And wondering who Darth Malig is.

Unfortunately, I can tell you that's an answer we're not going to get until the climax of the 4th fic, so it's a ways away. I'm hoping no one will be disappointed.

Thanks for reading and your reply :D

YodaKenobi: Stop spamming!

Maggy: congrats on finishing

Thank you! :D

now I just need to read all

Hope you like it :)

you are very welcome, it was fun working with you
    and looking forward to the next cover *hints hints nudge nudge*

I'll let you know as soon as I have some ideas. We might be doing something a little different this time, but we'll see how much time I have ;)

PIPER: Yobi, your writing was one of the fundamental reasons I joined tf.net. It has always been my pleasure to read and reply even if I sometimes get behind and have to catch up.

Wow, thank you very much [face_blush] That's nice of you to say.

Once again thank you for what you do, I can't imagine the time this takes out of your life.

It depends on how it's going :p

And thanks again.

I eagarly await The Lands of the Dead.

Glad you're excited ? I am too :D

And we love you.

Aww [:D]

I have no words for that.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.