Beyond Exodus (Post-NJO AU: Jaina, Jacen, Anakin Solo, H/L, L/M, Tahiri, Jag, Kyp, more) New fic 5/30/08!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by YodaKenobi, Feb 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. GrandMasterKatarn Force Ghost

star 4
    I noticed from you trailer that you never mentioned Kyle.

PM me when Legacy of the Sith: Lands of the Dead is up.

2. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    corran: Interesting set of planets, including an obscure planet dating back to the Thrawn Trilogy(Sluis Van).

Yeah, never really thought it would be one to show up in the series, but it's got a small part in this one.

The cover art looks fraktastic!

It's all Maggy's doing. She's a cover wizard :cool:

One more week.

Much less now... :D

Maggy: Yobs couldn't you have wait till the lightsaber was done with the color of the last cover

I'm just showing it off a bit :p Not bad for a few hours work as is!

no, seriously, working on it is fun I started after lunch and suddenly it was suppertime
    glad you like it already

It's great. I'm sure the finished product will be even better :D

Wedge: Sweeeeet. I look foward to using it.
    And hope it's worthy of the anticipation...

Me too. The pressure's on now! :p

Yeah, 'wow' as in not *shakes head*

Yeah... [face_plain]

I'm going to be somewhat cryptic and say: That happens a lot... And yeah, someone got shot in the last episode. Wont say who or why obviously...

Thanks :p I am really going to try and get into this show this summer.

I'd have to check, but I think this Friday's BSG is the last in the first 10 of this season. And I still don't know when the second half is starting. Reeeeealy hope it isn't '09.

Get pushed back cause of the writer's strike?

Well, it'll tell us where all the action is to take place. Other than that, probably not much.

Yeah, nothing you didn't already know. Vjun and Korriban are probably the most provocative planets and those had already been shown several times.

Coruscant...where have I heard of that planet before.

Been a long time.

Interesting choices...

[face_whistling]

Is it wierd that the name 'Exocron' made me think of 'Otacon'?

A little :p

Exocron was the planet Karrde visited Jorj Car'das on back in VotF, in case people don't recognize it...

I'm assumeing it's 'Unnamed' for us the readers and not the Raithians.

I sure hope so. That would be pretty weird :p

Well, after consulting my Anonymous Sources and making a deduction on my own part...the song "Planet Telex" from the rock band Radiohead

Very good, Wedge [face_applause 25 Cool Points? to you for that :cool:

Cool.
    Looks good Maggy. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Ditto :p

GrandMasterKatarn: I noticed from you trailer that you never mentioned Kyle.

Kyle will be in the story and you'll actually see him early kicking some ass. Though, like the other fics, his role is somewhat limited. He comes in, is a total badass, and lets the other characters handle the light work :p

PM me when Legacy of the Sith: Lands of the Dead is up.

Will do :D Thanks for the interest!

[image=http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/YodaKenobi/anakinfaceteaser.jpg]
  3. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_blush] shush! the magic is not yet done ;)

I notice :p :D [:D]

8-} it should be LOL
    it would be just aweful would it get worse :p

do I manage to read the other fic in three days?! :eek: [face_worried]

:p

you do images yourself?! :eek:

~ Mags ~
  4. corran2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Wedge, I know for a fact that there will be at least two more episodes of BSG before the break.
  5. JediKyle23 Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Oh, my God! It took my about a week and a half, but I finally caught up with the story! So in depth, and LONG!! Geez! I am in complete awe at your ability to write some of the best stories I've read. Congratulations. [face_dancing] [face_money_eyes]
  6. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Force Ghost

star 3
    YK:Me too. The pressure's on now!

And here you thought all the pressure was on you. 8-}

Get pushed back cause of the writer's strike?

Don't think it was affected at all by it. As far as I can tell if there is a year wait between the 1st group of episodes and the 2nd group, it's because of the 'brilliant' people at NBC/SciFi.

Exocron was the planet Karrde visited Jorj Car'das on back in VotF, in case people don't recognize it...

Been a while since I read that. Might explain why I didn't recognize it.[face_thinking]

Very good, Wedge [face_applause 25 Cool Points? to you for that

[face_dancing]

Kyle will be in the story and you'll actually see him early kicking some ass. Though, like the other fics, his role is somewhat limited. He comes in, is a total badass, and lets the other characters handle the light work

[face_laugh] Yeah, if Kyle was depicted at His true potential, this saga would already be over. :p

corran2:Wedge, I know for a fact that there will be at least two more episodes of BSG before the break.

D'oh!:oops: Thanks for that.
  7. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    Maggy: shush! the magic is not yet done

It's close though!

it should be LOL
    it would be just aweful would it get worse

We'll just go with the earlier version :p But I'm certain that will not be the case!

do I manage to read the other fic in three days?!

Probably not :p I don't think I could.

you do images yourself?!

Well, I can crop an image and add text. That is the extent of my photoshopping abilities, I'm afraid 8-}

corran: **** [face_dancing]

JediKyle23: Oh, my God! It took my about a week and a half, but I finally caught up with the story! So in depth, and LONG!! Geez! I am in complete awe at your ability to write some of the best stories I've read. Congratulations.

Wow, thanks so much [face_blush] That's very nice of you to say. I'm glad you enjoyed the series so much and thank you for taking the time to wade through it all.

It's nice to meet you :) Hope to see you around in the "Lands of the Dead" thread coming tomorrow.

Thanks for reading and replying :D

Wedge: And here you thought all the pressure was on you.

Yep, it's you now. You better come up with some great .gifs and images for this fic :eek:

Don't think it was affected at all by it. As far as I can tell if there is a year wait between the 1st group of episodes and the 2nd group, it's because of the 'brilliant' people at NBC/SciFi.

Ahh.

"[face_dancing]"

I'm a huge Radiohead fan and I needed a planet name. Seemed like an obvious choice :p

Yeah, if Kyle was depicted at His true potential, this saga would already be over.

Yeah, Kyle's great, but he totally kills suspense... like he kills everything else!

Okay, tomorrow "The Lands of the Dead" will begin, the third of four stories for the Legacy of the Sith series. I hope you guys like it.

As for what you can expect from the first post, I'll say that if I gave you each 100 guesses, I don't think you'd be able to guess what's going to happen. Not saying it's good, just that I think you'll all be surprised :p

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to read Exodus [:D]
  8. zonzo Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Well, only one more day to go.

I sense awesomeness of epic proportions in the very near future.
  9. Caedus93 Jedi Knight

The one Friday that I'm away and thats the day that you start on the Lands of the Dead.
    But I'm still exited and will be longing to get home (I'm having to spend time with relatives this weekend, not always fun)

10. DarthBellumSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    YodaKenobi

Yeah, Anakin is slipping and it seems to be what Malig wants.

Yes, it seems to me, it till now is not assured in Jacen - and nevertheless Anakin more âñåç is similar to the grandfather, Anakin Skywalker. But nevertheless it seems to me, to it not It will be possible to force it to obey to it. Jacen has got on its fishing tackle because of ñâîåöé thirst of knowledge of Force and insult on the Hatch. And Anakin more... Rigid, whether that...

Well, it says that everything made sense to Jacen after Malig took off his mask, whatever that means...

Yes, can be... But nevertheless it seems to me, that this certificate has wider sense.... We Shall see [face_devil]

I understand - the Dark Nest also has left the extremely unpleasant impressions (well except for, maybe, only Jacen).

There's no love triangle really. Jysella is only 14 in this story, so there's no way there would be any kind of relationship between her and Anakin. But she does have a crush on him, and obviously it helped accelerate the catastrophe with Tahiri

Yes, but in fact Tahiri when at it attitudes with Anakin were fastened, too was 14. But nevertheless meant just its feelings - and what exactly because of them the naive girl has believed in words of the Jedi's enemy. That as a result also has led to that it has handed over Tahiri of Faybol.

Caro 2

Telex

Coruscant

Denon

Sluis Van

Hapes

Vjun

Oscurra

Exocron

Korriban

Corellia

Unnamed Raithian Homeworld

Ur, I again shall see my favourite Coruscant!!! More precisely, that with it became...
    Corriban - Jacen's vision will be embodied in reality, and Anakin will visit ruins ancient Sith temples.
    Hapes - means, we shall see Tenel Ka and is possible its child.
    Vjun - that mysterious "chiss". Fine...
    Unnamed Raithian Homeworld... We shall look, where they lived. Likely, any uncomfortable enough planet.

Maggy

You a miracle!! Anakin simply charm also it is madly similar to the grandfather that can please me.. With impatience I wait for the whole creation.

11. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Force Ghost

star 3
    YK:Yep, it's you now. You better come up with some great .gifs and images for this fic

I'll have to search the Interwebs for more. :eek: *Preps Gunship*

I'm a huge Radiohead fan and I needed a planet name. Seemed like an obvious choice

Heh, no worse than the reference to this one TV show in Invincible. ;)

Yeah, Kyle's great, but he totally kills suspense... like he kills everything else!

Yes, remember the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark? That's what would happen to Faybol, Rodan, Malig, and the Raithians if they were in the same room as Kyle at His full potential. [face_skull]
  12. corran2 Force Ghost

star 4
    Hopefully this story will help with the withdrwal pains from the LOST finale![face_hypnotized]
  13. TelannaTani Jedi Knight

star 3
    *hits refresh again, waiting for word*

*tries to be patient*

*fails*

[face_hypnotized]
  14. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
    zonzo: Well, only one more day to go.

And now zero days to go [face_dancing]

I sense awesomeness of epic proportions in the very near future.

I appreciate your confidence in the story [face_peace] Hope it won't disappoint you.

Caedus: The one Friday that I'm away and thats the day that you start on the Lands of the Dead.

Aww, sorry.

But I'm still exited and will be longing to get home (I'm having to spend time with relatives this weekend, not always fun)

Well, I hope it is fun [face_peace] And hope you like the fic when you get back :D

BellumSolo: Yes, it seems to me, it till now is not assured in Jacen - and nevertheless Anakin more âñåç is similar to the grandfather, Anakin Skywalker.

In some ways, that's true. Anakin Solo shares a lot of Han and Luke's traits though too.

But nevertheless it seems to me, to it not It will be possible to force it to obey to it. Jacen has got on its fishing tackle because of ñâîåöé thirst of knowledge of Force and insult on the Hatch. And Anakin more... Rigid, whether that...

Yeah, that's a good point. I think Jacen's need to know is his downfall, and Anakin's beliefs are quite rigid.

Yes, can be... But nevertheless it seems to me, that this certificate has wider sense.... We Shall see

Eventually ;)

I understand - the Dark Nest also has left the extremely unpleasant impressions (well except for, maybe, only Jacen).

Yeah, but Dark Nest is not a part of the continuity of this story. This is an AU that takes off from Force Heretic: Reunion, so Dark Nest never happened here.

Yes, but in fact Tahiri when at it attitudes with Anakin were fastened, too was 14.

True, but Anakin was just 16. Nothing wrong with that really :p

But nevertheless meant just its feelings - and what exactly because of them the naive girl has believed in words of the Jedi's enemy. That as a result also has led to that it has handed over Tahiri of Faybol.

Yeah, Jysella was foolish :( And now Tahiri is going to suffer.

Ur, I again shall see my favourite Coruscant!!! More precisely, that with it became...

Yeah, been a long time.

Corriban - Jacen's vision will be embodied in reality, and Anakin will visit ruins ancient Sith temples.

Good guess ;)

Hapes - means, we shall see Tenel Ka and is possible its child.

Could be [face_whistling]

Vjun - that mysterious "chiss". Fine...

Yep [face_mischief]

Unnamed Raithian Homeworld... We shall look, where they lived. Likely, any uncomfortable enough planet.

It might surprise you ;)

Wedge: I'll have to search the Interwebs for more. *Preps Gunship*

*Prepares .gif reviews*

Heh, no worse than the reference to this one TV show in Invincible.

Yeah, lol!

Yes, remember the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark? That's what would happen to Faybol, Rodan, Malig, and the Raithians if they were in the same room as Kyle at His full potential.

So the Ark of the Covenant was just filled with Kyle?! :eek: :eek: :eek:

corran: Hopefully this story will help with the withdrwal pains from the LOST finale!

I'm still in the, "I need to watch that again" phase [face_hypnotized] But the prospect of waiting 8 months for more... Not good [face_worried]

Hope the post works for you [face_mischief]

Telanna: *hits refresh again, waiting for word*
    *tries to be patient*
    *fails*

I love your enthusiasm [:D] Should be up in a couple hours. Putting the finishing touches on some things [face_whistling]

New fic in a few!
  15. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    YK:

It's close though!

[face_shhh]

We'll just go with the earlier version :p But I'm certain that will not be the case!

We do that already 8-}

Probably not :p I don't think I could.

No? how about one evening? :p

Well, I can crop an image and add text. That is the extent of my photoshopping abilities, I'm afraid 8-}

You are doing just fine :D

DarthBellumSolo:

You a miracle!! Anakin simply charm also it is madly similar to the grandfather that can please me.. With impatience I wait for the whole creation.

[face_blush] glad you like this one already
    Hope you are satisfied with the cover coming up in a few :D

to the fic - finally :p

Chapter 38: The Battle of Heroes

"What are you doing here?"

[face_laugh] so he is not happy to see her? :p

"For finally seizing your destiny, of course. For choosing and acting. For becoming the Gardener."

8-} right moment :p

"Perhaps I did not want your wife to sense me. I am very skilled at making myself small, if you recall."

Like a tick? At least she seems right now just being loved to be sticking around ;)

"... You're not an illusion are you?"

she already said that :p

"I'm here to congratulate you, Jacen, on becoming the Gardener."

And that too ;) :D

Jacen shook his head slightly, averting Luke's gaze as he continued to inspect the communication's center. "Nothing they didn't heal."

By now Luke should suspect something ? [face_worried]

"I'm here to take you in, Uncle Luke."

Big shock moment for Luke

"Don't do this, Jacen."

He did already

He would catch his uncle, and then he would finish this.

Uhh? [face_worried]

Luke cringed. Regardless of the mistakes he'd made, the fractured pieces of Malig's manipulations were beginning to fall in place. Suddenly, Luke understood why the Dark Lord had stunned him, allowed him to escape from his prison cell, find his lightsaber, and sneak out into Denon's streets. He wasn't trying to kill him in an escape? Darth Malig was trying to force him into a fight with his nephew. It had all been a setup...

Well, now it is too late [face_worried]

"I won't fight you, Jacen."

?I will not fight you, father.? ? Luke has his principles, hasn?t he?

Jacen allowed himself to hate. He allowed himself to be angry and fearful.

Jacen allowed himself to be
    human.

"This is the end, Uncle Luke."

That sounds bad [face_worried]

"Jacen... Your eyes..."

I remembered this correctly then :D [face_dancing] :p

Luke Skywalker had seen a pair of eyes like the yellowed, reptilian orbs glaring down at him, but it had been many years ago, staring at him from beneath a dark cowl on the Second Death Star.

Seems like as would it have been in another life time, no?

Chapter 39: The Rapture

"Just keep it down, everyone. I need to concentrate." The edge to Jaina's voice made Wrev wonder if she was really that irritated by the Squibs, or if she was still upset over the Wookiee. He hadn't liked leaving Lowbacca behind, but it was better than them all being consumed by the enemy hoards on Ossus.

Somehow my memory tells me that we will find Lowbacca in the hands of the Raithians again [face_thinking]

"What do you think we are?" Sligh demanded. "Amateurs? We would never betray our business partners. But we have contacts on the Rapture. If you let me do the talking, doll, I can get us the VIP treatment we deserve."

Now they are business partners?! ? just earlier they have been property [face_laugh]

"How gracious of you to give me permission to fly our own ship," the little being said indignantly, standing with arms akimbo on the deck. "I can't believe how rude you're being."

Awesome how friendly they are to each other ;)

Jaina was just tired of everything. She felt emotionally spent after losing Lowbacca, and what was worse, she could feel/>
  16. YodaKenobi VIP

VIP
    star 6
  17. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 44: Being Watched

"Perhaps it only seems that way to you because you have to take twice as many steps as we do," Jag suggested dryly.

Hah!

When neither Jag nor Wrev moved, the Squib's ears flattened again. "Now hop to, pinkies."

[face_laugh]

"I think you're trying to start a fight... Are you sure this is the best way to get the parts we need?"

:p certainly .. what better way to start than an insult?

"Hey, what's the matter with you two?" Sligh asked. "Did you not hear what I said? Are you disappointed because now you'll have to pay us, or what? Or are you disappointed because you thought Jervin was going to kill me? Either way, I can't say I'm not disappointed in you both. I thought we were partners."

Those blue ones are 8-}

"Yes, but this could corrupt you!"

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

From the rubble came two furry shapes coated in dust, coughing and sputtering something in Squibbian. Grees dusted himself off and stood up, pointing his finger at Jaina. "A-Ha!"

Emala sneezed and shook off a layer of dust before chiming in. "You thought you could lose us and sneak off without paying us? This is no way to treat your partners."

Well that did not work as intended :p

Chapter 45: The General

It only seemed to make his heart heavier with every footfall. It had felt so wrong, like he was betraying his family, and in his heart Jacen knew that he was. His mother would be devastated, his father would be furious, and his siblings and Tenel Ka... How would he make them all understand?

FACPOV he has betrayed them [face_thinking]

"General Solo," the man greeted, before offering a deep bow.

his father behind him?! :p ;)

"For now. I'm actually the captain of the Exodus, sir, but the Raithian flagship? your flagship? is... under repair, as I'm sure you know."

He is rising quickly in rank 8-}

"Why, the Council of Lords, of course," the captain answered, a look of bewilderment in his features.

o_O

"I suspect that will change, sir. As the Supreme Commander of the Raithian Forces, you will be one of the Nine? replacing General Rénin in that capacity as well."

[face_thinking]

"And my sister..." Jacen continued, finding it suddenly difficult to gain his bearings. "No harm is to come to her under any circumstances. I would sooner see her escape and our mission a failure? is that understood?"

Well, now THAT is interesting

There was no hint of a smile on Sayge's pale lips.

"It is an honor to serve with you."

that is early to say o_O

Chapter 46: A Greater Sacrifice

"My nobles have grown tired of your games," she said darkly. "You will answer my questions or your punishment shall be severe."

What will she do what her guards did not do? Invade his mind? o_O

He was dead.

:eek:

The assassin lowered her cowl, revealing long tresses of red-gold hair above a pair of smiling emerald eyes and deceptively beautiful features. Ta'a Chume's mouth flattened in a sullen line as her expression became harsher. "If you think I enjoyed it, you'd be wrong."

Who else ? :p

"One of them? a creature named Faybol? came to me several weeks ago, seeking my help in having you and your new husband captured, so that the Hapes Consortium might survive this war. You would tear us apart challenging the Alliance?"

This woman is just unbelieveable ?!

"Your father would have married the first woman he could find and made her Queen to keep me from the throne again. When you and Jacen are removed, he would have again become the Chume'da. I have taken the necessary steps to see that that will never happen."

How bad that Jacen will not be removed [face_mischief]
    The Raithians see him as one of theirs now :p and he will nothing do against Tenel as long as she follows ? and I fear she will not jeopardize her kid [face_worried]

Tenel Ka's gray eyes were made heavy with sorrow. "I'm going to b
  18. Maggy Force Ghost

star 4
    Chapter 53: Apocalypticism

"Something's wrong," Jaina said.

"Still no word from the rocketjock?"

He is such a friendly jerk :p

"What the hell are you doing here?"

"I'm here to find my sister, Wrev," Jacen Solo said. "Is she okay? Where is she?"

Do not trust him [face_shame_on_you] do not trust [face_worried]

"You must think I'm pretty dumb, huh?" Wrev smiled, shaking his head and flashing a pair of dimples. "I knew you were kriffed in the head, Solo, but I never thought you'd take it this far."

[face_laugh] kriffed in the head is it called nowadays?! [face_laugh]

"You'd better surrender, Wrev," Jacen said, wiping the blood from his mouth. "Before this gets any worse."

Fearing his window of opportunity was quickly closing, Wrev Caster was almost certain that Jacen Solo was right.

Awesome

Wrev collapsed to his knees on the hull plating clutching at the truncated stump of his right arm and roaring in pain as streams of smoke rolled from the blackened wound.

:eek: :eek: :eek:
    Poor lad!

After three more leaps and sprinting across the valleys between the ovoid bumps, Jaina crested a ridge of metal and froze, paralyzed by the horror she saw before her.

And he put so much into giving her time to escape [face_worried]

Because this is the moment when Jaina Solo's life will change forever.

This is her nightmare.

This is her vision.

This is the end.

:eek: awesome :D =D=

Chapter 54: The Ghost

In all the galaxy there are few beings more heartless or self-serving.

He comes from Kuat :p
    If you have to look for a more heartless and self-serving creature you have to look there, or at Nal Hutta 8-}

It was Shada D'ukal

Who else :D

It was the weapon of another man who became a ghost. His grandfather had constructed it more than fifty years ago, a sort of family heirloom that had made its way into his hands.

:( poor Anakin

He's killing them.

He became what he feared most ? his grandfather! :(

"Please, Jedi. Don't. I'll do anything!" Habbas pleads. "Don't kill me! You can't! Please!"

He just showed that that is not an option 8-}

Anakin says nothing in response.

Poor Anakin, thinking that Tahiri is dead, he has chosen the same path as his grandfather before him ? he slaughtered those responsible
    The Raithians are nothing else than Vaders Tusken

Chapter 55: The Cataclysm

"I can explain!" Jacen pleaded, shouting to be heard over the dull roar. "He attacked me! He didn't leave me any choice?"

Oh yes .. right ..

"It's complicated. He wouldn't listen to me, but... look. You need to come with me. I can explain everything once we get out of here."

Right .. sure .. explain :p

"It's not like that... It's not that simple."

[face_laugh] it is never simple with Jacen [face_laugh]

Jaina felt herself growing angry. "Have you lost your mind?"

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]
    ?I see dead people? ?

"He's very powerful and wise... He knows more about the Force than anyone I've ever come across. More than Uncle Luke even."

And yeah, that is all that counts ? ever met Yoda yet? :p

"I don't want to hurt you, Jaina."

"You already have."

:(

This time, however, Jacen appeared unaffected by the pain, like a seasoned Yuuzhan Vong warrior, and before Jaina could flick her blade back in an attempt to disarm him and cleave through the silver hilt of his weapon, her twin's fist came crashing against her face in a skull-rattling backhand that made her vision blur and left her tasting the coppery traces of her own blood.

:eek:

But there was a fire inside of Jaina Solo that one could not quantify, and she roared beneath the waving curtain of long brunette hair, before surprising Jacen by suddenly bringing her right arm over the left and spinning around, slamming her back into his body and tossing him over her shoulder with all her might and his own unyielding momentum. Ja
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.