main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Exodus to the NSA Forum

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dolphin, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    For those w/ limits to how spoiled you want to become, when will you make the trek(oops) to the NSA Forums? As production shifts to Pinewood, I anticipate that any true leaks and spoilers will be huge.

What specific bit of news will make you say "Ok, I've had enough, I don't want to know anything more"

As the "leaks" start coming, this has been on my mind more and more...

When do you anticipate making the jump? Soon?

For me, the arc of the big three is my DMZ. I don't anticipate being able to avoid hearing about whether Han dies or not (as I suspect he will) but I'd rather not know. Y'know?

Should I leave now before it's too late? How will I possibly avoid dipping my toe in the water and browsing the Spoiler forum every now and then (and getting spoiled by the thread titles).. Decisions!!

2. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    The cast announcements were from an official source, so those don't bother me. All the leaked set photos do give me concern. Were they leaked intentionally? Does JJ have a saboteur on his staff? I don't want something really crucial to the story to get leaked, like "No, I am your father" or something.

3. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    Now. See ya!

Darkslayer, dolphin and Dewback like this.
  4. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    I've thought long and hard about this question and have come to the decision I'm going to stay in the 7SA no matter how spoiled I get. It's just too much fun! :p

5. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    My hyperdrive is down, so Im stuck here until its fixed. Guess I'll have to come about and take the spoilers head on.
    [​IMG]
    Never tell me the odds of getting too much spoilers!

6. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    PLOT. This is the biggest thing for me, I don't want to know the story until I see a Trailer

7. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    Agreed. I don't mind a brief summary of the story and I want to know who's playing who, but I don't want to know much about the plot beyond what we'd get in a trailer.

For RotS, I remember we got incredibly detailed info about the plot and that really lessened the impact of the story for me. I still liked the movie, yes, but things like Anakin's assault on the Jedi Temple weren't a surprise at all. I'm hoping with the mystery box that JJ can control major leaks like that as I want to stay in this forum as long as I can!

Jobertus and dolphin like this.
  8. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I've been grappling with this, too. I want there to be some elements of surprise when I see the film.

That being said, I often find that I can't help myself from clicking on spoilers because I'm insanely curious about what's going to go down in this film. Also, the folks here at 7SA are pretty awesome.

9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Welcome to the club!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  10. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    As I said the other day, I'm more resigned to being spoiled now, just with the nature of the internet, smartphones, etc.

But I think once the first trailer hits, I'll try to stay as unaware as I can going forward. IIRC, many of the spoilers come from things like the soundtrack, novelization, possibly the toy line, etc.

11. Lurknomore

Lurknomore Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2014
    I'm here until we get some character names, know the leads, a subtitle...

Actually, it would take a lot to spoil it for me. Probably not going anywhere until the first trailer hits.

12. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    I'm staying. More fun!

13. Leias_Left_Bun

Leias_Left_Bun Jedi Master star 4

Feb 18, 2013
    It's gonna be awhile.

I want to know who's playing who and all the major plot points. The whole reason I want to be spoiled in the first place is because I have a strong emotional attachment to these characters -- and if there's going to be anything in this story that I will hate, I want to know about it in advance.

And yeah, it's more fun to speculate. I love playing detective, and this is like trying to solve a giant mystery. It's a fun challenge.

Claire1976 likes this.
  14. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

I hear ya. :)
    What if there is an "I am your father" revelation? Will you be upset?

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  15. -Jedi Joe-

-Jedi Joe- Jedi Master star 2

May 6, 2013
    There is no limit for me. The fun of seeing the movie is watching everything we know come into place. Seeing RotS for the first time was magical, even though I knew everything beforehand by reading the novelization.

dolphin and Force Smuggler like this.
  16. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013
    I think at some stage I will depart for the NSA forum, but exactly when, I don't know. There are a few things I'd like to know before I go though, like who is playing who, particularly Daisy Ridley. I feel like I just HAVE to know 100% she's a Solo before I go into hiding. But when or if we will get this info, I don't know. I also want to know if Han and Leia are married in advance, because I am so invested in those two characters. But I don't really want to know about the plot at all. The trouble with "plot leaks" though is, how would we know they were even true before we see the movie? It's so easy to pass off something as a leak when it could be any old crap someone made up. So not sure how I feel about any of that just yet.

Adi_Gallia_9 and Leias_Left_Bun like this.
  17. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Doubt it. We didn't get major spoilers from Star Trek either about the Kirk-Spock twist at the end, only a blurry second of the japanese trailer and still, it was fun to speculate.

18. Odolwa

Odolwa Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 12, 2013
    Think id be ok as long as i wasn't told who died or anything.

19. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I think I'm here or the long haul. A year and a half is too long for me to wait without any information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Force Smuggler likes this.
  20. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    I don't really care about set pictures, it's nothing that isn't surprising (I mean, the Falcon and Tatooine are hardly what I'd consider a shocking spoiler). Whenever details about the cast's roles come out is when I'll probably start frequenting 7NSA.

dolphin likes this.
  21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I was talking with the other Mods about this and we are all getting the heck out of here starting today. Good luck to the lot of you.

22. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

True but the fact John Harrison was Khan was well known beforehand.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  23. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    I will probly depart once we know who's playing who and the second trailer hits (if the first one is a brief teaser. if the first one is long, i'm gone after that).

24. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    The fact that we knew about Khan was an exception to the rule, in a JJ Abrams directed movie.
    The only reason it was broken was because an actor talked to Latinio Review about the audition.

Also JJ isn't dumb enough to make the same mistakes.

25. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I could read the entire shooting script before seeing the film and I wouldn't consider myself spoiled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.