main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Exodus to the NSA Forum

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by dolphin, Jun 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomGuardian

RandomGuardian Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
    I've been a fan for as long as I can remember and I imagine I'll continue to be a fan until the day I'm dead.

Whether the movie ends up "spoiled" for me or not won't affect my love of the franchise, I'll still be watching the movie decades from now anyway so having details revealed before I see the movie doesn't bother me. I'll still buy the comics, play the new games, read the books, and love discussing the details with other fans whether or not I go to that theater knowing many of the details of the film.

J_Girl, Palpatine77 and Ryus like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I'm sticking around until the teaser hits. Of the photos a-leakin, it all seems to basically be set-stuff. Which I barely consider a spoiler.

Once the teaser hits, assuming nothing "I am your father" has leaked (it either has already in the trades re. Kenobi offspring or it won't while shooting due to Mystery Box) I'll stick around and debate the finer points of the teaser then I am outta here....

...note, I rescind on that promise of the teaser is literally just, like, a logo or something.

The Mystery Box has definitely sprung a leak with the photos but A) they're relatively harmless, spoiler wise B) it's certainly not as big as the Khan / Spock fight which were the first photos leaked for Into Darkness C) I'm picturing JJ tightening his grip even further now since setpics hit friggin TMZ of all places.

As to when we're gonna know who is playing who (and even not then!) I foresee JJ doing the same he did with Into Darkness, nothing from an official source until we get a teaser then you get the basic character breakdowns, etc.

3. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    After these TMZ leaks, the security of this movie is going to make what he did for Star Trek look like
    an open door policy.

TMZ has in effect put down a gauntlet, since everybody in the industry has a connection with TMZ,
    it's like your local paper revealing your personal tax returns.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  4. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    Why would I leave? The dark side has cookeis.

5. Ryus

Ryus Jedi Master star 4

Feb 25, 2013
    The more he tightens his grip the more the spoilers will slip through his fingers. :p

6. Mr. K

Mr. K Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 1999
    Like many old-school JC'ers, I've been at this crossroads before. I tried to go spoiler-free for TPM but just couldn't do it. I've come to accept there's no way I can resist.

"I want to know!"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    No matter how hard I try, I can't quite seem to bring myself to look away.
    [​IMG]

dolphin, CairnsTony and Mr. K like this.
  8. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999

Or he could flat out lie like he did with the Khan rumors.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. Palpatine77

Palpatine77 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 28, 2010
    Ideally, I really want to go into Ep. 7 knowing as little as possible. I was looking forward to the official cast announcement, but past that I don't want to know anything more. The issue with that though is not just avoiding the spoilers area here, but really the whole internet. I visit a number of movie-related sites on the internet on a daily basis, and sure enough most of them have the leaked Falcon photos plastered on their pages. Even the main page of Yahoo news has the leaked Falcon photos as a main article! Now the Falcon photos aren't much of a spoiler really, but is this what I'm going to have to deal with for the next 18 months? Spoilers and leaks plastered without warning across most major movie and news sites? Because I can't imagine just turning off the internet entirely for the next 18 months to remain spoiler-free.

10. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    I don't mind seeing pictures, but its storyline spoilers that I'd like to avoid. The hype for TPM was such that I couldnt keep away from it and ended up knowing it all by the time it was released.

11. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

I love being right. haha. I should amend my sentence above to read "Or he could flat lie like he just did with that Millenium Falcon quote."

[​IMG]

Jedi Knight Fett and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  12. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Yeah, this is going to officially be a thing, not just social networking but ANY entertainment website has been running stuff in Big Bold Headlines. Bad Robot / Abrams should actually put some info out there because next thing you know a legit SPOILER is going to be the headline of all the websites.

Palpatine77 and dolphin like this.
  13. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999

Case in point. Even this random entertainment reporter is trying to get spoilers out of Lupita.

Every journalist and blogger it seems is attempting to uncover spoilers and not everyone will be careful to provide advance warning. At some point certain spoilers will become "common knowledge" and you can't help but get spoiled.

Jedi Knight Fett, Ryus and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  14. Darth_Hydra

Darth_Hydra Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 14, 2001
    I'm staying. We're just now getting spoilers and it's only to get wilder the closer we get to release date.

15. Beezer

Beezer Jedi Master star 4

Jul 5, 2013
    Ya same here. The set pictures leak - which I do not believe were authorized - is making me concerned. Those could easily give things away. Suppose there was a destroyed Millennium Falcon set or something like that.

16. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    The set pictures basically equal one installment of a Making of Star Wars Episode 7 documentary. We got 50 pictures instead of a video where someone walks around set construction in the desert talking to extras in costume.

We just have to accept that if next month a photo series starts on starwars.com and the first image is that of the gate we just saw or the pig creature, it's our own fault for looking at the leaked images.

So far so good.

rdhight and PrincessKenobi like this.
  17. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    I didn't pay all that close of attention during the run-ups to the prequel movies; I felt like I knew what I needed to know from Day 1 (Republicbecomes Empire, Anakin becomes Vader, Palpatine wins, Jedi die), and I wasn't on the edge of my seat over every little detail of how that happens. I actually went in pretty unspoiled. Finding out what happens after Return of the Jedi, to me, feels way more important than the prequels, and I'm not going to wait 18 months to find out.

The only thing I would avoid is the clips that some movies post online now, and that won't come along along until much later. I don't mind seeing trailers because the editing is so different, but I find it very unpleasant when I'm watching a cool movie for the first time, and suddenly along comes 3 minutes that I've seen before. That just bothers me. So there will probably be a few days next year where every site is going "Watch this exclusive clip from Episode VII!!!" and the forums explode, and those clips I won't watch. Otherwise, bring it on.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  18. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I need to know the general layout of the galaxy for the ST. Not spoilers imo.

19. Chaos123x

Chaos123x Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 5, 2012
    Looks like the Arndt draft and treatment might drop later this week. Keep your eyes pealed for a script review from the usual suspects.

20. dolphin

Nov 5, 1999
    Except for the first teaser I started avoiding trailers for movies I had already planned to see. Let me tell you, it works wonders. I went back and watched trailers I missed for movies like Gravity and was so glad I avoided them. Everything that happened onscreen was new. At some point I'm going to have to call it a night. That time isn't here yet. My worry is the wider internet. It's going to be difficult.

If the Episodes are 2 years apart, we may start getting Episode VIII spoilers before December 2015. If for instance it's announced that Harrison Ford won't be returning, well, there goes that secret.

:(
    We're talkin DEFCON level 1 level spoilers. I don't care if it was rewritten. I'm out of here if that's true....

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Nobody gets rid of the 7SA Inquisition!

Sarge, dolphin and CairnsTony like this.
  22. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    People have been saying the Arndt draft is about to leak for weeks now, and nothing has happened.

23. JediGirl_Angelina

JediGirl_Angelina Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 12, 2003
    Question is how will we know they're legit and now somebody supershadowing us. At this age of internet, anything is possible.

Claire1976 and PrincessKenobi like this.
  24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Exactly. Which is why I don't take any rumors too seriously.

25. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Exodus?

LET MY PEOPLE GO!

When the plague of frogs starts, I'm out of here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.